• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Majmun

ConradCervantes said:
This month's pickups:

IMG_0277.jpg

Oh fuck, for a second I thought it was your face reflected on that Star Wars cover.

eXistor

HUELEN10 said:
I am a horrible person, first thing I noticed in the pics was that you have a Dynex TV. Are the speakers really that bad? Otherwise, I hear they make good sets screen-wise for the price.
Did you mean mine? Because my TV is a Sony Bravia.

DeVeAn

@HUELEN10

Last Question I promise, Which program are you printing these covers from? I read the FAQs and come out to big, short or cutoff. I have tried GIMP and mspaint. Thanks

biglots.jpg

Just got back from the local Big Lots yesterday afternoon and picked these up for $6.00 each, even Hell's Highway LE with Action Figure was only $6.00

Wow, thanks for the website, HUELEN10. I've become incredibly anal about my games sitting out in the open lately and have been wanting to properly store them.

HOWEVER.

They did NOT have Electroplankton's cover available. Therefore, fail.

:D Kidding. But man, my GCN and DS collection envy yours. A lot of stuff you have I'm still searching for.

ETA: Does anyone know how to reprint GBA game labels? I found a copy of Pokemon Sapphire on the ground outside my house, but the label was torn off. It drives me nuts to look at it.

MidgarBlowedUp said:
biglots.jpg

Just got back from the local Big Lots yesterday afternoon and picked these up for $6.00 each, even Hell's Highway LE with Action Figure was only $6.00
I'm glad you got Prince of Persia on the cheap because that game as a PC port is glitchy as shit.

fwcqs.jpg

New laptop for the next term of school and onwards, and sketchbooks, feel quite artsy.

toshiba L305D-S5974 by the way

2nteqtd.jpg

Little Big Planet PSP deal, Bleach season 3 - yes I'm a fan, & Tales of the Abyss - its highly regarded so we will see.

krae_man

gutabo said:
OMG is that an 800XL???? DANG! I had one of those back in the day! I learned LOGO and BASIC there! I remember the disc drive was really expensive, I had to bego so much for one! Also the tape drive took forever to load good games(it was like hearing a modem connection for half an hour, then playing the game)... Also some magazines came with "games"- pages and pages of code you had to write down in order to execute and play the games, and if there was a mistake, you were screwed cause you had to look at the code line by line!

One of the greatest consoles ever! Great finding man!

I love it too. I used to own LOGO as well. I sucked at typing so I always messed up a line:lol

KillerAJD

MidgarBlowedUp said:
biglots.jpg

Oh shit, I think I'm gonna take a trip to Big Lots later

black_vegeta said:
Oh man, that movie sucked balls.

A majority of people came out of the movie theatre saying, "what the hell did I just watch."

Ok, man. That was unnecessary. And many people here would say that you are wrong in your conclusion about the film.

practice02 said:
I'm glad you got Prince of Persia on the cheap because that game as a PC port is glitchy as shit.

Thanks for the heads up, maybe PoP will be a Christmas gift since it's still in the wrapper.

I know I'm a bit LTTP on some of these but I couldn't get them any sooner due to some financial problems
gf's birthday last month :S
:p

r6y2jq.jpg

qns51x.jpg

20pzoyv.jpg

34gpkit.jpg

Dang, you have a bedroom and a game room Huelen? My younger self envy's you when I was at home. I would have killed to have a dedicated area. Looking good! :D

Totobeni said:
I am taking the rest this month off from that shithole , so bought this as early Christmas present for my co worker since she broke her Genius Pen, hope she like it.

yeah she is the same one I bought the pink DSL for few months ago , and no , we are still just coworkers friends *sigh* :(

4152046387_edeeb68b4e.jpg

4152046627_10f4107b8c.jpg
this is sad
244tr7k.gif

MidgarBlowedUp said:
Thanks for the heads up, maybe PoP will be a Christmas gift since it's still in the wrapper.
Yeah if you really want to play the game which I do recommend get it for a console. the game is on the cheap right now.

Pezking

First of all, we got a new dining tabel with chairs:
16nlap.jpg

Then it's my most awesome pick-up of the entire year (aside from our dog):
vidxn9.jpg

Peter Gabriel, accompanied with an orchestra. With a new (cover-)album coming out in February.

So yeah: I will listen to Peter Gabriel singing "Street Spirit" by Radiohead live. With an orchestra. And other songs by the Talking Heads, Arcade Fire, Regina Spektor...

Then it's the beautiful guide to my GOTY:
ouo042.jpg

Some games:
2dr5stz.jpg

One of it has an especially shitty box:
107vuk8.jpg

But this box evens that out:
zikn46.jpg

24gspix.jpg

2 headsets for PS3 for intense FIFA-Sessions with a good friend of mine:
23pksz.jpg

And "Dragon Age: Origins" ignited my love for western RPGs - never played those before:
2mzjsk9.jpg

Dizzy-4U said:
Oh man, that looks beautiful. I need to buy one of those even if I don't use it.

It really is awesome and well put together. Granted, I bought it to use (only ever now and then, I promise!), and it's really nice. It'll last a long time.

Stuff from the past week or so:

DSC00128.jpg

These are all Christmas presents so gotta wait a week or so to play 'em :p
DSC00130.jpg

Took 3 weeks to arrive but this little beauty FINALLY came today :D :D :D
DSC00132.jpg

a1m

Banned
archnemesis said:
Why not, is it rare or something? I never got around to open my copy.
Well I already have P3:FES and yeah, I guess it kinda is. Ebay.co.uk has 2 sealed both for £60. Don't know about the NTSC-release but sealed PAL-copies are hard to find. Luckily got mine very cheap.

LRB1983

Banned
a1m said:
Well I already have P3:FES and yeah, I guess it kinda is. Ebay.co.uk has 2 sealed both for £60. Don't know about the NTSC-release but sealed PAL-copies are hard to find. Luckily got mine very cheap.
No idea but in amazon UK and play.com are all three Persona games in stock (P4, P3 and P3FES)

a1m

Banned
LRB1983 said:
No idea but in amazon UK and play.com are all three Persona games in stock (P4, P3 and P3FES)
I'm talking about sealed P3's. From Amazon.co.uk, 7 new from £49.99. From Play, 3 new from 44,99€.

Flek

Banned
i hate everyone of you who lives in japan and can pickup great stuff all the time :( :(

anyway @ topic:

s2wi29.png

5ue008.png

m7s1eg.png

<< all this stuff for a total of 11$ :D

Top Bottom