• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MidgarBlowedUp said:
biglots.jpg

Just got back from the local Big Lots yesterday afternoon and picked these up for $6.00 each, even Hell's Highway LE with Action Figure was only $6.00

I got like 10 of those action figures in a "Bag of Crap" from WOOT

TheUndead

Banned
GQman2121 said:
34i62ag.jpg

mm7rdk.jpg

[IMG .]http://i46.tinypic.com/30rpr8z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG .]http://i49.tinypic.com/fv8tms.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG .]http://i46.tinypic.com/308eec2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG .]http://i50.tinypic.com/10y2o92.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG .]http://i50.tinypic.com/2meed8l.jpg[/IMG]
You have an awkward looking thumb! :lol

Drame

More pick-up's from December:

fdsxoy.jpg

Solanin. After seeing so many Gaffers picking this up, I decided to give it a go as well. I have read only 100 pages, but this is becoming one of my favourite mangas ever. Highly recommended.

2lnvkf9.jpg

What a wonderful world! Volumes 1 & 2. Hopefully, these will be as enjoyable reading experience as Solanin.

Last but not least.

a40nco.jpg

Led Lenser P14. I'll be doing some hiking next week and it's pretty dark here nowadays. So, I decided to buy my first Led Lenser torch.

a1m

Banned
^ Loving that tv :|

Silicon Knight said:
Why? Is the PAL version that rare?
Already answered but I have P3 FES and well there aren't that many sealed copies and they are kinda pricey.

Just got back tonight from my trip to Akihabara (Japan in general)
and had an absolute fabulous time... I was seriously considering extending the trip another 2-3 days...lol

I was there to record the FF XIII release which is going to be run by one of the major video game blogs.
Got myself a nice little haul
oe9It.jpg

the rest of stuff not shown is about $50 in Gashapon and $200+ in hello kitty crap
+ some more Uniqlo merchandise for the wife.

all in all...great trip and can't wait to go back...
best part...the Hotel was right in Akihabara and was about $100 and was FABULOUS....!!

Gameboy415

I'm heading back to the States for Christmas Vacation tomorrow so I'll finally be able to check out all the stuff I ordered during Black Friday! :lol

Here's the last few things I've picked up here in Japan this year:

0912Books2.jpg

ロザリオ+バンパイア (Rosario + Vampire) Guidebook - Only 105円! Usually goes for 900!
Evangelion Volumes 2, 4-9 - Found em for 270円 each, about 100円 cheaper than usual.
Zelda: LTTP Guidebook - Only 105円. Usually goes for over 700!

0912Books3.jpg

Evangelion Volume 3 - Got em all now!
The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 7 - Up to date on this series too!
Club Nintendo JP 2010 Calendar - Gold Member reward. This is the first time since 2005 I DIDN'T become a Platinum member, but the Platinum rewards are fairly easy to find on the second-market so I'm not too upset. I'm sure my girlfriend will like this calendar better than my Bikini Girl calender I used for 2009! :lol
ThunderForce VI for JP PS2 - Only 850円. Heard it wasn't the best but couldn't pass it up at that price.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Post1.jpg

Buddha, Ode to Kirihito and Apollo's Song, all come highly recommended!

Post2.jpg

Got these and Solanin back in November (wound up getting Solanin for free!)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
ZeMMiK said:
Huh?? where?
I saw in some dutch advertisement 17-12 and on websites 23-12....better then jan 05.

I bought it at Mediamarkt, but all the stores here in are selling it already.

Got these at the start of the month, half way through the book and loving it and completed AC2 a couple of days ago superb game.
BrookerAC2.jpg

This arrived to day:
Pack.jpg

GamesController.jpg

Thanks to what appears to have been a fucked up listing on their site, got it for £20 from Play.com. It got taken down a couple of hours after I ordered so I wasn't sure I would get it. Considering controllers are at least £25 quid by themselves I think I got a fairly good deal :D

Picked up some stuff for lunch today...

dsffxiii.jpg

PinkS3 for the wife as an early X-mas present, extra copy for myself, and a Double Double Animal Style with well done fries. :lol

eXistor

Some plushies. I have a bunch more on the way, but they're running late, so i fiured I'd post these already.
DSC00461.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, my Xmas present to myself came in today. So, it's time for my haul for the past few months. It's not much, but I've been cutting down massively on things (got rid of 75% of my clothes and donated to the VA, sold many games, selling a system and cut my monthly reoccuring billed by 75%). Looking to focus on quality over quantity as I get older.

All that being said... wheee!

i4gzrl.jpg

bi72pd.jpg

My first Mac. Macbook Pro 13". It's the entry model, but they had a refurb on their site for $250 less than new. After about 30 minutes of talking on the phone, I got an extra 5% knocked off. Picked up a DVI adaptor as well in case I'd like to hook it up to a bigger monitor or TV. This thing is gorgeous. Considering how much I'm streamlining my life right now, this could honestly be my only computer moving forward. We'll see.

Model time!

2v7t8o2.jpg

2zeas93.jpg

Mazinger Z. Xmas present from a friend. Knowing I love super robots, she picked it up for me and my site. I haven't put it together yet, but I'll post pics when I do.

vy8tbo.jpg

2lazou9.jpg

GaoGaiGar. Can never have enough GaoGaiGar in your life.

30hwpc0.jpg

2q0u14y.jpg

This is the mecca for me. This is a fully transformable Gunbuster. The amount of attachments for this thing is insane. The story behind me having this thing is short. I didn't pay a dime for it. It was sent to me in the mail, to my address from Hobby Link Japan. No clue who sent it. Called them up and there's no mistake on the shipping. For the website? I have no idea. I check my statements to make sure some shit isn't going on and nothing is wrong. Either way...THANK YOU!

vnim8x.jpg

Took me forever to find Wings of Honneamise BR, but finally did. Eva and DBZ are for review. Red PS3 controller was a gift and PSP Go was $70 off a guy I know and the game is Fate/Unlimited Codes.

That's about it!

Looking forward to the 2010 Gaming Set up thread. I want to see that LED TV the poster picked up. =O I'll post my new minimalist set ups as well.

cvxfreak

eXistor said:
Some plushies. I have a bunch more on the way, but they're running late, so i fiured I'd post these already.
DSC00461.jpg

Awesome.

I consider myself WAY past the plushie phase, but I seriously couldn't resist the awesomeness of this one:

2uynnn7.jpg

I'll post my pick ups in a few days as well... way overdue. :lol

donkey show said:
Picked up some stuff for lunch today...

dsffxiii.jpg

PinkS3 for the wife as an early X-mas present, extra copy for myself, and a Double Double Animal Style with well done fries. :lol

Is that a LE PS3... is it still black?

Anyway I've been buying a shit ton of Blu-Rays as usual.

avipme.jpg

2ufrfyf.jpg

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
It can't be?!

20th Anniversary Metal Gear Solid Kubricks Series 2:
30wmuts.jpg

2e49gsj.jpg

103a6uv.jpg

20r2r8k.jpg

34odet0.jpg

del2jq.jpg

In total:

3x Liquid Ocelot
2x Iroquis Plisken
5x Old Snake OctoCamo Facemask
4x PMC Soldier
1x Old Snake Clear Variant:D
4x Liquid Snake
5x Solidus Snake:D

Kintaro said:

congrats, i got this same model back in September, it is my first mac as well, really weird learning an OS for the first time since the 3.1 to Win9X switch

I got a great deal on mine, the MBP, 120gb iPod Classic, and a HP wireless printer for around $1300 shipped...love the student promos they run

edit: if you have any issues or question as far as OSX feel free to pm me, I have learned a lot about the OS over the last few months and i'm never looking back

Yes Boss!

Yay,

Final Fantasy VIII!! I never ever played any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games so having them on PSN is great. Hopefully IX comes next year so I can complete my collection. Also, spent Thursday night at the Arclight seeing some of the big christmas movies.

P1030297.jpg

eXistor

cvxfreak said:
Awesome.

I consider myself WAY past the plushie phase, but I seriously couldn't resist the awesomeness of this one:

2uynnn7.jpg

I'll post my pick ups in a few days as well... way overdue. :lol
Cool! They didn't have that one at Play-asia when I ordered mine...

Rorsha

Liquidus said:
It can't be?!

20th Anniversary Metal Gear Solid Kubricks Series 2:
In total:

3x Liquid Ocelot
2x Iroquis Plisken
5x Old Snake OctoCamo Facemask
4x PMC Soldier
1x Old Snake Clear Variant:D
4x Liquid Snake
5x Solidus Snake:D

Next on my list !

And for me, at last :

ChryZ

Kintaro said:
http://i50.tinypic.com/30hwpc0.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2q0u14y.jpg[IMG]

This is the mecca for me. This is a fully transformable Gunbuster. The amount of attachments for this thing is insane. The story behind me having this thing is short. I didn't pay a dime for it. It was sent to me in the mail, to my address from Hobby Link Japan. No clue who sent it. Called them up and there's no mistake on the shipping. For the website? I have no idea. I check my statements to make sure some shit isn't going on and nothing is wrong. Either way...THANK YOU![/QUOTE]
OMG, the envy. I always wanted the Chogokin GX-34 GunBuster Diecast Metal, but never bought one because of the 200eur+ price tag. Your Perfect Change goes for 500-1000, they gave it away for free? WTF

Top Bottom