• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

CAW

raylo5.jpg

&

2d15jyq.jpg

r2jgab.jpg

Jal

I bought myself some bits but im saving them for xmas so i've got something to play with other than socks and deodorant.

Bii

4201645966_8f3d3b4f1e.jpg

Band of Brothers. Blu-Ray. $40.
I'm not too happy with how this picture turned out. The reflectiveness of the case made the shot more difficult than it already was but, eh, I got lazy and what you see is the result of a 20-minute shoot.

I've been waiting for this set to drop down to $35 back when I saw it on a sale at Amazon.com a couple of months ago. I should've pulled the trigger then but decided not to as I spent way too much money at the time. In the past few months, the lowest I've seen the Blu-Ray set go was for $49.99 until it was a Deal of the Day for $39.99 just last week. At that price, I'll take it. I figured it would be a nice little early Christmas gift to myself.

I watched the first episode/part last night and it was fantastic. The image quality is excellent considering I'm still rocking a 32" 720p LCD TV. When I first saw David Schwimmer walking on screen, I couldn't help but laugh. I've been watching Friends way too much over the past decade and seeing him in this series seems a bit out of place. As I continue to watch, I completely forgot about his past comedic role and actually believed in his character. Most of all, I really enjoy the gritty cinematography.

enewtabie

Got my foglights fixed today. 20 dollars for some Foglight bulbs but they work.

Downloaded the Modnation Beta I got from Qore. This game is a lot of fun. I can see sinking some major time into it.
I also picked up a Motorola Clutch. I needed a cheap durable phone for work.

It's cold on Helghan so I decided to take a summer vacation( got my Killzone suit) and messed around in home a little. Since we're on vacation now, I'll have plenty of time of stuff like this.

Picked up Monsters and Alien Breed on XBLA(which I'm really not caring about too much)

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-5.jpg

014-3.jpg

016-2.jpg

OverHeat

« generous god »
Bii said:
4201645966_8f3d3b4f1e.jpg

Band of Brothers. Blu-Ray. $40.
I'm not too happy with how this picture turned out. The reflectiveness of the case made the shot more difficult than it already was but, eh, I got lazy and what you see is the result of a 20-minute shoot.

I've been waiting for this set to drop down to $35 back when I saw it on a sale at Amazon.com a couple of months ago. I should've pulled the trigger then but decided not to as I spent way too much money at the time. In the past few months, the lowest I've seen the Blu-Ray set go was for $49.99 until it was a Deal of the Day for $39.99 just last week. At that price, I'll take it. I figured it would be a nice little early Christmas gift to myself.

I watched the first episode/part last night and it was fantastic. The image quality is excellent considering I'm still rocking a 32" 720p LCD TV. When I first saw David Schwimmer walking on screen, I couldn't help but laugh. I've been watching Friends way too much over the past decade and seeing him in this series seems a bit out of place. As I continue to watch, I completely forgot about his past comedic role and actually believed in his character. Most of all, I really enjoy the gritty cinematography.
Is that a real m4?

suikodan

73973c96.jpg

This is what I got by myself during the month.

bf65fd30.jpg

Then there was my birthday this past Friday.

I bought MGS:pO, Dracula X Chronicles and LittleBigPlanet for PSP with the 90$ PSN cards...

Aurelius

Last pick ups for this year. Still waiting for Left4Dead 2 and I hope to get GTAIV: Episodes as a Christmas gif. :D

dec.jpg

Also did some Christmas shopping for my wife and family.

kerst.jpg

Aurelius said:
Yeah, I'm dutch. I always order my DS and PS3 games from VideoGamesPlus. They are fast and cheap. The World Ends with You was only 17 euro's with shipping.
Ah alright. I've been shopping at VGP for some years now, biut I seriously detest the bilingual boxes they have nowadays. Ordered The World Ends With You just now, thanks! :D

cwmartin

29NGCast_Torchlight.jpg

Just been gifted early by my brother! Other than that, pretty desolate December. Picked up a buncha presents for GF, bro, mom and dad and thats it.

Bought Donpachi bare board for 120 € on ArcadeOtaku which is the going rate , a place where you might find a Mini Cute or other Candy Cab if you live in the USA I guess .

The PSX version is the better one on consoles and will cost you half the price of the board for a complete version with spine , nothing beats the real version on a Candy Cab though :D

You see , i like the game very much :

DSCF1890.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

:lol

Yes Boss!

CaseyTappy said:
The PSX version is the better one on consoles and will cost you half the price of the board for a complete version with spine , nothing beats the real version on a Candy Cab though :D

I missed out on one on Shmups forum last month that was $200 because I had spent too much in November already. Little sucker is hard to find. Still my favorite of the Donpachi games.

Post a photo when you get the Cab plugged in!

jecclr2003 said:
I've got the same cheap stand too! What are the odds!?!

I was damn surprised when I opened the box and found out the pillars were plastic.

Those stands are alright in my book. I actually purchased quite a few of the "telephone stands" and the "5 tier stands" to use as a rack for my equipment and to hold my speakers. All of the parts, pillars and slats, are completely interchangeable so you can pretty much build whatever you want out of them.

My CRT stand is made of metal pillars and black wood and looks identicle to those cheap plastic ones, so I took a bunch of the plastic ones and interconnected them to build speaker stands and an equipment rack. One rack actually holds a speaker on top, PS3 on tier 2, Xbox360 on 3, DVR on 4, and my Pioneer Elite on the 5th one at the bottom. The trick was to get the half height pillars from the telephone stand set to connect each tier.

I just finished my equipment rack today and it perfectly matches my TV stand.

Not bad for around $45 :lol

(Pic was taken at an odd angle so it looks kinda weird)

ELCheapoStands.jpg

JRW

i7_quad_cpu.jpg

gigabyte%20mobo3.jpg

I gave my PC a heart transplant this month ,I put in an i7 920 CPU / Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Triple channel motherboard + 6GB Corsair 1600 DDR3 memory. It's ridiculously fast with Win 7 Ultimate (64bit). Love it :D

(Previous cpu/motherboard/memory = AMD X2 4800+ Dual core / Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard / 2 GB Corsair PC3200 DDR1 memory)

Top Bottom