• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Ovid

Liquidus said:
ns3gy.jpg
:lol :lol :lol
That's awesome. Where did you get it?

Dilli666

First some games. Love the Asia versions with the clean covers.
231220092200n0jd.jpg

231220092202q5wy.jpg

Two cheap Wii guns for HotD
231220092201g19o.jpg

And the best pickup of the month - our pimped out x-mas tree :D
231220092195x23u.jpg

231220092199f38i.jpg

Just arrived (I have one more package arriving back home):

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood vol. 5 on blu-ray:

(Box to hold vols. 5-8)
199e8771.jpg

(Contents)
FMA_B_5.jpg

Threadless t-shirts:

70b0840a.jpg

0c5ed8d7.jpg

284cc987.jpg

687593bb.jpg

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:
New stick for the collection:

Dude you must have enough arcade sticks to donate one to every member of NeoGAF by now. I can't even afford one good stick for my PS3 (or rather wouldn't want to pay £150 for one, which they tend to always be here). :(

Gagaman

Rufus said:
MarkMan has more. If you can believe it. :lol
You gotta be kidding me! I can't imagine even needing more than two for each console at the most. Each to their own and all that but...blimey.

I remember when I could get a decent arcade stick for about £30-40 (i.e the Dreamcast ones, of which I have two). Now they always seem to cost a bomb. I'd love one of those Hori SFIV ones for my PS3 but darn I'm not paying that kinda money.

h3ro

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, I've gotta pinch myself to every time I see it. The authoring is really, really good too. Came out two weeks ago. If you are in NA then it is easily available from Nehaflix. I you are in India then it is in the shops at the retail level. And the rest of the world your best bet is probably Bollywood Blu-ray.

Thanks!

About to put in an order for DDLJ and another film. Hows the Dostana print look to you? Any other prints you'd recommend? (I'm tempted to go for Kabhie Kabhie :p )

Yes Boss!

h3ro said:
Thanks!

About to put in an order for DDLJ and another film. Hows the Dostana print look to you? Any other prints you'd recommend? (I'm tempted to go for Kabhie Kabhie :p )

Dostana is near the top of eleven YRFs. As is RNBDJ, New York and DDLJ. Kabhi Kabhie and Sisila are also extremely well-mastered as well. Any of these are great.

Veer-Zaara, Dhoom 2 and Fanaa and Chak De and Bachna are all a little problematic but nothing major and still quite good.

I've got every single Indian blu-ray released (Hindi, Tamil, Telugu) so if you need to now mastering quality on any others don't hesitate to ask.

Rufus said:
MarkMan has more. If you can believe it. :lol

MarkMan has 150. Yikes. I think I've only got around 35.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
LiK said:
need to rearrange my existing to display to fit them in. Sheva and Wesker are coming so i might need to wait

:lol Cool. I hope you get a clear variant. I know people who bought multiple boxes and didn't get one.

LiK

Liquidus said:
:lol Cool. I hope you get a clear variant. I know people who bought multiple boxes and didn't get one.

ohhh, you mean my kubs. i was referring to my 1/6 figures. :p when i bought the MGS #1 case i got the clear Ninja but missed out on the clear Snake variant. not too big a deal but he's the only MGS kub i'm missing from my complete MGS kub collection.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
LiK said:
ohhh, you mean my kubs. i was referring to my 1/6 figures. :p when i bought the MGS #1 case i got the clear Ninja but missed out on the clear Snake variant. not too big a deal but he's the only MGS kub i'm missing from my complete MGS kub collection.

Shit so you have the Olive Drab, Raiden, NVG too? (bows)

bh7812

Banned
drtomoe123 said:
You're right, it's from a local mom'n'pop chain. They're really random with their pricing. Even though they had Suikoden II for $27 (got Valkyrie Profile there a few months ago for $30), they had about 6 copies of Ico for $60 each. :lol

Thanks for taking the time to answer :D I figured it had come from a mom and pop shop but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I had hoped maybe it would land on PSN yesterday for the holiday update since the first one did for Xmas last year but it didn't so I guess I'll just have to keep watching and hope I can get a copy for a reasonable price. Getting it for 27 bucks like you did would be GREAT but I have to be realistic so I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for it. 150 bucks on Ebay seems a bit much though. But thanks again!

scotcheggz said:
Sort of a December pick-up, I bought this about six weeks ago, but it took four weeks to make and it finally got delivered today and I'm VERY excited. I study Iaido, this is my brand new Iaito from Tozando, in Japan. Just wish my gf hadn't ran off out with her camera for some decent pics!

http://i48.tinypic.com/33u7gg1.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/537mso.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/8xk3k0.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/29z2cdg.jpg

Massively excited, but no practice for another three weeks!

Very nice pickup, Tozando make's some really nice Iaitos. How much was it if I can ask?

I like your choice in Ito, and Saya colors. Mine are a light brown, I'm so tired of seeing black saya, black ito. Hammon looks really nice on it too. Definitely a nice pick up dude.

Forsete

Epic month of household appliances.

Got this for myself, replacing a 20 year old Krups.

4208942935_85fb58808c_b.jpg

Like the colour? :D

And this Bosch food processor for my mother.
4207944477_617294af39_b.jpg

4207944687_42cab93c05_b.jpg

4207944907_0754db4fe8_b.jpg

Comes with a dough hook, meat grinder (which made my father ecstatic) and some other stuff.

And a world band radio, Degen 1103. Works very well, I managed to tune in that spooky Russian number station (UVB-76).

4198323250_36c8700d48_b.jpg

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
LiK said:
yea, thanks, got them years ago. Raiden broke?

No it's just that finding a Raiden that doesn't have a broken sword nowadays is a pain in the ass given the poor packaging many sellers use.

So what is everyone hoping to get for christmas? I think my girlfriend got me a PS3 and I finally stoked on the notion of owning one I really want it just for the console exclusive.

LRB1983

Banned
I bought some official dragonball teacups [I really wanted Karin's Bean pot ^^] and some japanese sweets.
B8TkG.jpg

HV1Mw.jpg

IV1h6.jpg

Glad to know it mantains spanish dub [Alfonso Vallés :-D]
wvhcX.jpg

Tetris PSPmini [PSPGo connected with component cable]
Fdmvm.jpg

GGZtn.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Chorazin said:
Man, I can't wait for this thread to crank the knob to EPIC over the next 48 hours!

I would love to see before and after pictures. Presents under tree and then opened.

Top Bottom