• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
dgp73k.jpg

Christmas Presents! :D
Also, got a few checks from relatives that I am going to buy a Playstation with ASAP.

PBY

Banned
Gloomfire said:
2hqvwol.jpg

1zxukur.jpg

BD's are early Christmas presents to myself. (W&G was $12, IB was $5.55, War was $5 and The Police: Certifiable was $10).
Champs Sports Bowl tickets are a present from my GF, at least mine is. Brother and nephew also going. GO CANES :D !
Best pickup this month- your girlfriend is awesome! GO CANES!

K, here's my christmas morning haul.

4213267443_ccbb95a69b_b.jpg

4213267945_92b0860a56.jpg

Closeup on a pair of Sennheiser HD 595. I've only listened to one song on them so far, but it sounds fantastic.

4213268375_e3c0575cbd_b.jpg

The Serenity RPG and dice set are actually from the Penny Arcade Expo forums secret santa, a nice surprise there. That's a book light sitting on top of Serenity.

Now I have some other stuff that I bought for myself before Christmas.

4214035880_c1843da1fb_b.jpg

Complete Y the Last Man series. It is amazingly good. I'll probably be reading this one multiple times.

4214036232_3197582867_b.jpg

Some stuff that I got from the big bad toy store. The Ringwraith was pretty disappointing, it has very stiff rubber on it, but there's no articulation so it's pretty much impossible to make it stand up and the sword is piece of crap. Diecast Boba Fett is pretty cool although the gun he's holding doesn't really fit into his hands all that well. The Snake figure is the best of the 3, stands up perfectly, is very detailed, and it just looks cool.

Finally, my favorite figure right now.

4191708668_6c6da41c88_b.jpg

Cardboard Tube Samurai will cut you.

JSnake

Christmas gifts!

xmas2009gifts001.jpg

Spirit Tracks + Collector's Edition Guide. It's hardcover! And NSMBWii too!

xmas2009gifts002.jpg

Books! Michael Crichton's latest and final ( :( ) book along with GameSpite Quarterly 2 Deluxe and American Earth.

xmas2009gifts003.jpg

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time and Windows 7. Arrested Development Season 1 too. Never seen that show but can't wait to start.

Heading to my dad's place in Maryland on Monday so I'll be getting more stuff there.

PaNaMa

Banned
Patrick Roy said:
See you there! I got tickets to Saturday's show as well, can't wait!

I can't wait either. Saw them this year in Toronto, but Montreal is going to be way better.
I like Montreal more than Toronto anyways :p

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Finally finished my second TE stick mod. The design is not as artistic as my original white stick, but the main idea here was to have a black counterpart with "evil Taeyeon" joining the Shadaloo organization. Taeyeon wearing basically the same cap as M. Bison was too good a chance to pass up.

aljc08.jpg

29l1kb7.jpg

SnowWolf said:
Finally finished my second TE stick mod. The design is not as artistic as my original white stick, but the main idea here was to have a black counterpart with "evil Taeyeon" joining the Shadaloo organization. Taeyeon wearing basically the same cap as M. Bison was too good a chance to pass up.

http://i45.tinypic.com/aljc08.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/29l1kb7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
nomnomnom taeyeon <3

16kj94.jpg

Already own Uncharted and GT5:p but they both came with a DS3, so I can just put em up on kijiji. Great haul this Christmas, happy holidays all!

Wormdundee said:
4213267945_92b0860a56.jpg

Closeup on a pair of Sennheiser HD 595. I've only listened to one song on them so far, but it sounds fantastic.
Hope you don't mind me asking but what kind of deal did you get on those cans? I've been trying to find the best method to buy that model and the best I could come up with is the 555's from newegg but there not in stock anymore. Long and Mcquade can order them in but there just way to much compared to the US pricing.

user friendly said:
Hope you don't mind me asking but what kind of deal did you get on those cans? I've been trying to find the best method to buy that model and the best I could come up with is the 555's from newegg but there not in stock anymore. Long and Mcquade can order them in but there just way to much compared to the US pricing.

I got them for Christmas so I don't really have a good idea. All I know is that my dad got it off of eBay and it shipped from Hong Kong. I would highly suggest looking through here http://www.google.com/products?q=sennheiser+hd+595&aq=f and trying to find a store that will ship to Canada, because I agree, trying to get it in Canada will cost you way more. You should be able to get them for under 200 (in the 170-190 range). Sucks that amazon.com has restricted shipping to Canada on so many items.

Good luck :)

Wormdundee said:
I got them for Christmas so I don't really have a good idea. All I know is that my dad got it off of eBay and it shipped from Hong Kong. I would highly suggest looking through here http://www.google.com/products?q=sennheiser+hd+595&aq=f and trying to find a store that will ship to Canada, because I agree, trying to get it in Canada will cost you way more. You should be able to get them for under 200 (in the 170-190 range). Sucks that amazon.com has restricted shipping to Canada on so many items.

Good luck :)
Thanks for the tips man!

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Merry Christmas all. It looks like everyone made out quite well. Even during bad times we have it pretty damn good.

got these the other day...
joining the fray!! LOL

Love the XI's...First Jordan ever back in 95 when I was in Junior high...

more pics to follow come tomorrow when I use all the gift cards I got.

4bQaq.jpg

bh7812

Banned
I'll try to get a reasonable, decent size picture of some of the stuff I got for Christmas up soon but I can at least post what I got now.

All things considered I did quite well. Got:

3 Month Xbox Live Gold card so I can play 1 VS 100
$50 PSN Card
The Muppets: Letters to Santa Claus Extended Edition DVD
Ugly Betty Season 3
Two and a Half Men Season 5

Three Stooges Collection Volume 7...I already have Vols 1-5 and asked for both vols 6 and 7 for Xmas but only got Vol 7. My birthday is on Tuesday so I'm suspecting I'll see Vol 6 then. If you're a Stooge nut/fan I HIGHLY recommend the 3 Stooges Collection. They've broken everything down into volumes, each one covering all the shorts in 2 year periods and they have digitally remastered the picture and sound for DVD quality. They look and sound GREAT :D You can find the current 7 volumes on Amazon for under 20 bucks a piece. Really, with the excellent digital re-mastering they could easily charge 40-50 bucks a piece but didn't. Well worth every penny if you're a Stooge fan since once all planned 9 volumes are out all 190 shorts will finally be avaliable to own :D

Game wise I got:

Mario pajama pants...

I asked for, and got ALMOST aside for a few of the games I want during the first 3 months of next year pre-ordered...not only that, my Mom said she will pay for ALL of each game as they come out over the next 3 months! I was relieved believe me I wasn't sure how I would afford the ones I really want so I figured try asking for Christmas and I got it:

On pre-order are:

Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers..picking it up tomorrow or Sunday
White Knight Chronicles
Star Ocean 4 International Edition
Final Fantasy 13
God Of War Ultimate Edition
Sakura Wars
3D Dot Game Heroes

The only ones I have left to pre-order are Heavy Rain, Fragile, and definitely Yakuza 3!

Really good year overall I really can't complain!

Yes Boss!

My family kinda gave up exchanging gifts at christmas years ago but my mom usually give me a little something. $50 at TJs will set me up with groceries for two to three weeks:

P1030384-2.jpg

And I live in a retirement community and the old chinese woman that lives next store usually raids her pantry for something to give back when we give her an annual pumpkin bread. Last year it was a big tub of Pork Sung and this year it is calcium candies from asia.

P1030381-1.jpg

HoTHiTTeR

Litflynt912 said:
got these the other day...
joining the fray!! LOL

Love the XI's...First Jordan ever back in 95 when I was in Junior high...

more pics to follow come tomorrow when I use all the gift cards I got.

4bQaq.jpg

BAH! They were sold out in minutes online, and the lines at the malls were a joke.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Rufus said:
MarkMan has more. If you can believe it. :lol

Gagaman said:
You gotta be kidding me! I can't imagine even needing more than two for each console at the most. Each to their own and all that but...blimey.

I missed these earlier when I was skimming through!

By Wednesday of next week I should hit the 150 mark.

G-Fex

IMG00058.jpg

IMG00059.jpg

Christmas present for myself came in the mail about two days ago. This is like a lifelong thing. I've wanted this since childhood. Since 89.

Smokey

I used to stand in line to get J's...until people started stabbing people, shooting etc :/

Wanted to get those Space Jams sooooooooo bad..but really didn't feel like standing in the long ass line.

Top Bottom