• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

Krelian29

SHFiguartsPiccolo000.jpg

SHFiguartsPiccolo001.jpg

SHFiguartsPiccolo002.jpg

SHFiguartsPiccolo003.jpg

5259803946_6f5639932f_b.jpg

5259803948_61af4ba9eb_b.jpg

I'm a huge arcade stick fan, but I do pick up an action-style controller or two every once in a while. My newest addition is The NEOGEO PAD USB for PC and PS3 and it's actually quite superb.

I've been using my neo geo pad for the past few days and it is really great

And I see you have a Hori Fighting Command 3 to the right of it in one of those pictures. How is that controller? I held off on it because of how the shoulder buttons are setup (R1/R2 are on the face instead of the usual R1/L1).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
UdT0E.jpg

Recent Amazon pick-ups (all BF aside from Inception). Just got my Mad Men copies today since UPS lost the package initially — of course, Amazon shipped me replacement copies with free overnight shipping, no questions asked. Still can't believe they were only $10 a pop!

Gonna try to get to Red Dead at some point soon, but my backlog is a daunting maze to navigate. :(

Salsa

Dont know why i never post here.. sorry for the crappy pic.

1vTuq.jpg

XL sold to me by a gaffer actually. It has some pretty noticeable backlight bleeding but im hearing its quite common so no biggie, loving it, i'll never be able to get back to the lite!

Better look at the psp:

6NGsO.png

Its actually the first one that i own (Tactics fuckin Ogre), played a lot of a friend's one. Went with a used Daxter entertainment pack to be able to install custom firmware. D-pad and square button have some wear and are a bit looser than the other buttons but nothing to worry about. I also managed to get ONE small dust particle under the screen wich is driving me insane :lol im gonna end up removing the faceplate to clean it and i'll probably get more dust under there, but oh well.

edit: to be clear im not that OCD about this stuff, but its one of those particles that are quite visible when the console is on, feels like a dead pixel. I couldnt care less if it was one of those "only when its off and in direct sunlight" things.

Linkzg said:
I've been using my neo geo pad for the past few days and it is really great

And I see you have a Hori Fighting Command 3 to the right of it in one of those pictures. How is that controller? I held off on it because of how the shoulder buttons are setup (R1/R2 are on the face instead of the usual R1/L1).
The HORI Fighting Commander 3 is alright. Its face buttons are easily the nicest/most responsive on any pad I have ever used, but the D-Pad is pretty average and the shoulder button layout you mentioned is an annoying oversight.

Gouken

Banned
_dementia said:
5259803946_6f5639932f_b.jpg

5259803948_61af4ba9eb_b.jpg

I'm a huge arcade stick fan, but I do pick up an action-style controller or two every once in a while. My newest addition is The NEOGEO PAD USB for PC and PS3 and it's actually quite superb.
How is it for Street Fighter 4? I want it now, where did you order it from?

So many pre/post Black Friday deals...

5261214123_04721bb8a1_b.jpg

Matrix Collection for $17.29
Mad Men $10 each

5261222391_cd74b50efa_b.jpg

Austin Powers Collection $8.50
Weeds Season 5 $10
Zombieland $7.50

5261216919_8c8c2ccbd1_z.jpg

Got a good deal on this from Newegg for $150.

5261225299_bd078d3d6e_z.jpg

eh, why not?

And my pickup of the year by far
5117751055_a2c635a6fb_z.jpg

Can't believe it's been 2 months already!

DemiMatt

Stoffinator said:
Where did you get that? Looks awesome.

THe thumper I got from ebay, its made by coo models. The T-800 is made by Hot Toys, best bet to find one is ebay or ask me if I wanna sell my extra :p (jk I wont sell my extra) but yeah.

i hope i get that free netbook from google.

haven't got a delivery confirmation yet :(

my bro bought this at target for $7.48 :D , <3 Target

c7fe076b.jpg

PartTimeNinja09 said:
Weirdly enough, I never got a delivery confirmation. It just magically showed up. Hopefully you'll get it as well.

good to hear, damn that looks good, my bro should have got 2 instead of 1
i wonder how many people ordered 4 :lol

PartTimeNinja09

Neo Member
friskykillface said:
i hope i get that free netbook from google.

haven't got a delivery confirmation yet :(

looks good, will post what my bro got at target in a bit.

Weirdly enough, I never got a delivery confirmation. It just magically showed up. Hopefully you'll get it as well.

CiSTM

Banned
Luthair said:
These gems. MOM is the greatest game evar!

gog.png

I got Master of Orions too and Jagged Alliance <3 Was thinking about getting Abe but the oddbox should be out in steam soon so I decided to skip it this time. But other then that great pick ups.

Gray_Fox said:
I Was in ROMA
img0219l.jpg
Those textures! Is that from the PC version of AC: Brotherhood?

Joke aside, did you play Brotherhood before you went to Rome? Was it cool to compare the famous buildings with the game?

k.rad

Neo Member
I only just started watching The Shield. It's very compelling and cool, though even with it's fancy "box set" presentation it's still got nothing on The Wire. (I do wish that The Wire had been shot in widescreen though.)

Didn't think this was going to arrive today, but it was just delivered! Battle Royale LE Blu-ray :D

DSC00184-1.jpg

Contents - Director's Cut, Theatrical Cut, Special Features, Comic & Postcards, Booklets.
DSC00186.jpg

Inside the Comic & Postcards.
DSC00187.jpg

Limited!
DSC00188.jpg

<3 <3 <3

Flek

Banned
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Didn't think this was going to arrive today, but it was just delivered! Battle Royale LE Blu-ray :D

damn you i wanted to be the first person to post this beautiful thingy on gaf…mine should be here any minute now too :D

Flek said:
damn you i wanted to be the first person to post this beautiful thingy on gaf…mine should be here any minute now too :D

Haha I was wanting to do the same :p Thought that if mine arrived, then others would be coming today as well so got it up ASAP!

glaurung

Flek said:
The assheads over at zavvi still haven't dispatched mine.

Really annoyed.

Flek

Banned
wah just checked tracking and eventhough amazon shipped it like 3 days ago the stupid post is screwing something up and it is still "far away" from my place :( mhew fuckers …

Damaged

Treated myself to an early christmas present, was only £499 instead of £1299 as its only got the one pickup but i can get one for $120 from Kent Armstrong :D

IMG-20101214-00054.jpg

IMG-20101214-00055.jpg

LiK

JustAnotherOtaku said:

DSC00184-1.jpg

i didn't get a shipping confirmation but they charged me. hope i get it soon.

Helmholtz

k.rad said:
I only just started watching The Shield. It's very compelling and cool, though even with it's fancy "box set" presentation it's still got nothing on The Wire. (I do wish that The Wire had been shot in widescreen though.)
Just keep watching. I'm not going to claim it's better than the wire, but they're two completely different shows, each absolutely phenomenal in its own way. Post your impressions in Costanza's old thread or make a new one :D
Btw that boxed set looks nice as hell, damn.

Top Bottom