• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

krae_man said:
Got myself another Supervision in the mail today:D
DSCN2010.jpg
That d pad looks brutal.

Yes Boss!

Sometimes it pays to put off importing a title. Really like the XBLA Sky Stage and quite pleased to be able to play it on the beautiful Go screen with a Dualshock 3. Playing this and Arc the Lad on the plane ride back home for the holidays.

f8ec7019.jpg

Flek

Banned
oh i forgot - my pickups of the year <3

5020932133_877fbd5a95_z.jpg

4944868011_e4b52536dc_z.jpg

4649890722_8c8f6f057e_z.jpg

5053562451_4076037e32_z.jpg

4625966729_efec072ff9_z.jpg

4801767758_ce3e508019_z.jpg

4507218695_68dff03143_z.jpg

4915984531_51a713c1e1_z.jpg

4332481658_2ec76aebdf_z.jpg

*those are not the "most expensive things" but the things i love the most from my pickups of the year. And yes pictures are all taken by me <3

oh and the pro stick reminds me that i still have it laying here in parts and need to fix it / write about it … fuck … well will be my "new year project" and then i can test it with arcana hearts 3 <3 yehaaaaaa

mf.luder

My friend was able to get me sweet deals on these two items. Never would have picked them up otherwise. I like the texture of the D-Pad, very smooooooooth.

IMG_0203.jpg

mehdi_san

I just grabbed this old classic. Beautiful edition for my favorite anime, I think it's time for my 4th rewatch :D
Here's the box:
zwal8m.jpg

Once opened, with the 7 DVDs
2010jdc.jpg

Each box has a different design (CD-R, dvd, VHS, PS2 game, etc...)
j0g1vm.jpg

284kl2.jpg

The bottom of the box
jzdvkl.jpg

mf.luder said:
My friend was able to get me sweet deals on these two items. Never would have picked them up otherwise. I like the texture of the D-Pad, very smooooooooth.

IMG_0203.jpg
Oh I love that new keypad! Is that in stores now? I need to keep an eye out for that.

Carnby

My Splatterhouse preorder bonus finally arrived in the mail today.
PC160244.jpg

PC160245.jpg

i put a u.s. quarter on the base of it to show its actual size. the mask has some weight to it too. this was not a cheap piece of crap like the Batman:AA baterang was.

5264931893_20da97cf27_z.jpg

Damn it Activision, stop taking my money! >=(

Now I own both of these titles on PC, 360 and PS3. With two copies of MW2 on 360. Seven Modern Warfares in my house. Ffffff...

mehdi_san said:
I just grabbed this old classic. Beautiful edition for my favorite anime, I think it's time for my 4th rewatch :D
Here's the box:
zwal8m.jpg

Once opened, with the 7 DVDs
2010jdc.jpg

Each box has a different design (CD-R, dvd, VHS, PS2 game, etc...)
j0g1vm.jpg

284kl2.jpg

The bottom of the box
jzdvkl.jpg

Where did you buy it ? I'm saving up to buy it. Such a great box set.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ Even a mock PS2 game? Not gonna lie... that's pretty awesome.

mehdi_san

Thanks for the comments.
Kagari said:
Damn that's awesome. Waiting on the inevitable blu-ray box though.
Did you check the bluray version for Samurai Champloo? I heard bad things about the picture quality, so my expectations for a CB bluray release are really low to be honest.
Crazypanda_85 said:
Where did you buy it ? I'm saving up to buy it. Such a great box set.
Grabbed it unopened from Yahoo Auctions. You can get it cheaper if you go for a used one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
mehdi_san said:
Thanks for the comments.

Did you check the bluray version for Samurai Champloo? I heard bad things about the picture quality, so my expectations for a CB bluray release are really low to be honest.
Champloo blu-ray looks fine... but it's an upscale.

Bebop would DEFINITELY be an upscale... so perhaps you are right to not bother.

I don't even want to know how much that Cowboy Bebop boxet is worth. D:

Damn it, just seeing that picture of young Faye really gets me. ;_;

Damaged

krae_man said:
It's better then the one on the original version:

23hrcs7.jpg

Wow, havent seen one of those in years, had one when i was a kid and not sure what happened to it. Will have to check the attic at my dad's :lol

Edit: Holy crap @ that bebop box set, Think ill be selling the guitar for that now :(

sikkinixx

5266357100_e83c19d477_z.jpg

11.6" Air. So fucking pretty. Very snappy performance wise as well. I'm having trouble getting used to using a trackpad again :lol

Alucrid

Banned
mehdi_san said:
Thanks for the comments.

Grabbed it unopened from Yahoo Auctions. You can get it cheaper if you go for a used one.

Funimation just did an upscale for SC, but I believe I read somewhere that CB was going to be the real deal.

tturunen

Neo Member
well, here is something little bit different pickup (of the year) from couple days ago.
And not even my pickup but my better half got this one <3

sammontekija.jpg

background:
Sammon Tekijät = Sampo Makers
(Sampo is part of Finnish mythology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampo)
Finnish Government made a decision to grant awards recognize the 200th anniversary meeting in last year.
The award qualification was new kind of thinking, creativity, innovation and utility for young Finnish entrepreneurs. Sampo Awards was only granted this once.
So in 14. December Finnish Culture and Sport Minister, Stefan Wall, did reward 10 young entrepreneurs by this Sammon Tekijät award, including my spouse.
By her Manga Cafe in here Finland and her work in anime/manga society.
And that award is not just paper in pretty frame. Its worth of 50 000 euros.
:D

_dementia said:
Japanese arcade parts look so pretty to me <3
What are you planning on using them for?

They are for a Sega Aero City I just bought , 2 new LS 32 sticks and some buttons but I'm not sure if I like the transparent or normal buttons so I bought both types .
The thing on the left is a E-Limitator that switches between 8 way / 4 way / 2 way horizontal and 2 way vertical with the press of a single button on a 8 way stick , that's really handy when you play games needing 4 way controll like Pacman or Donkey Kong with a 8 way joystick .
I will put that on my Capcom mini cute !

Yes Boss!

Pics of the Aero City when it arrives, obviously! Love seeing all the neat stuff you get each month. Damn, you've got one hell of a gaming budget.

Yes Boss! said:
Pics of the Aero City when it arrives, obviously! Love seeing all the neat stuff you get each month. Damn, you've got one hell of a gaming budget.

Nah , I didn't buy that stuff all at once you know .
Usually just one PCB a month or something like that .

AnkitT

ibgXqw.png

Caol Ila and Glenmorangie. :D

idxb8i.png

Inception special edition, GT5 Collectors edition and Avatar extended edition

idx9Em.png

Cat's cradle by Kurt Vonnegut(First thing I ever bought online) and Razer mamba(Absolutely fuckin love it! :D)

denomes

mehdi_san said:
Here's the box:
zwal8m.jpg

What is the name of this particular set? I did a quick search but I couldn't find it. I'm just curious about the pricing/availability. Also, what languages are on this release?

I don't usually go for big box sets but the mixed media theme of this one is right up my alley and it fits the show so well!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So I don't know much about imported games but I see all these said NTSC-J; can anyone tell me what exactly I picked up at an estate sale for $20? Bunch of random crap games (dunno half of them)? They're all in these weird plastic slips too.

P.S. What's the Namco game next to Rez?

idxDU8.JPG

Yes Boss!

$20.

Wow 0.o

You fricken scored. Namco game is Klanoa 2.

Some gems in there. You could ebay that stuff and make a handy sum.

Plastic slips means somebody likely took care of them. Used Japanese games are sold in them.

Top Bottom