• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

llaannccee

lvpCY.jpg

tomedo

tturunen said:
So in 14. December Finnish Culture and Sport Minister, Stefan Wall, did reward 10 young entrepreneurs by this Sammon Tekijät award, including my spouse.

Big grats to your spouse and you, thats something you are unlikely to forget for the rest of your life.

xelios said:
So I don't know much about imported games but I see all these said NTSC-J; can anyone tell me what exactly I picked up at an estate sale for $20? Bunch of random crap games (dunno half of them)? They're all in these weird plastic slips too.

P.S. What's the Namco game next to Rez?

http://i.min.us/idxDU8.JPG
The Accent Core plus is an append disc for the other Guilty Gear game in that haul. It won't work by itself.
That one game with the anime looking dude in the bandana is Rumblefish. It's a pretty fun fighter by Dimps who went on to handle Street Fighter IV.

Sorry, I was just admiring. Really nice haul man, I'm jealous.

sikkinixx said:
5266357100_e83c19d477_z.jpg

11.6" Air. So fucking pretty. Very snappy performance wise as well. I'm having trouble getting used to using a trackpad again :lol

Does a surprisingly great job of running WoW and Modern Warfare as well.

Got these three bad boys from Amazon. They are fucking huge!
IMG_2101.jpg

Also some Thrift Store finds today all for around $35. I think the VGA box is worth a pretty penny but I'm unsure about the blue console or the pink Sakura Wars controller. Also the black/clear controller is labeled Millennium.
IMG_2103.jpg

Alucrid said:
Funimation just did an upscale for SC, but I believe I read somewhere that CB was going to be the real deal.
The Blu-ray edition of Samurai Champloo is shitty because the CG was only made in standard definition. So, they upscaled it which apparently looks horrible. One of the reviews that compared it to the DVD said that he could see fine details on a roof on the DVD, and yet the Blu-ray disc's roof was a blurry mess.

moop2000 said:
I think the VGA box is worth a pretty penny but I'm unsure about the blue console or the pink Sakura Wars controller. Also the black/clear controller is labeled Millennium.
IMG_2103.jpg

That transparant DC housing is pretty expensive if you want to buy one now !

luka

Loves Robotech S1
xelios said:
So I don't know much about imported games but I see all these said NTSC-J; can anyone tell me what exactly I picked up at an estate sale for $20? Bunch of random crap games (dunno half of them)? They're all in these weird plastic slips too.

P.S. What's the Namco game next to Rez?

http://i.min.us/idxDU8.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

You son of a BITCH. I have half of those but I payed way more for them!

The namco game is Kaze no Kuronoa 2. TREASURE IT.

Zaptruder

Banned
Kagari said:
Damn that's awesome. Waiting on the inevitable blu-ray box though.

Don't the Bebop masters only exist in 480p or something like that?

If they could find and relocate the cels and rescan everything, that would be pure awesome... but I have a better chance of winning lottery than that happening TBH!

LiK

FU all, still waiting for my BR Blu set. if i knew Amazon sold the same set, i would've gone with them. Now i'm stuck waiting for Arrow Films, sighhhhhh

xelios said:

Wow, as someone who imports a lot, even though I own a lot of those, it's lovely to see them all pictured together <3
$20 for the lot is ridiculously good value!

As for the names, to help with some of the less obvious ones (numbering the games in each row 1-6 going from left to right):

Top Row: (1) Shinobido Takumi / (4) Power Instinct Matrimelee

Third Row: (1) Shinobido Imashime / (6) Tenchu Kurenai

Fourth Row: (5) Klonoa 2

sikkinixx

DoctorWho said:
Does a surprisingly great job of running WoW and Modern Warfare as well.

Are you bootcamping to play Modern Warfare? ... wait is there even an Aspyr version of that?

I have just loaded up my steam account and fired on PvZ and Torchlight. Tempted to add L4D but it takes up a lot of room on this tiny drive.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
moop2000 said:
Also some Thrift Store finds today all for around $35. I think the VGA box is worth a pretty penny but I'm unsure about the blue console or the pink Sakura Wars controller. Also the black/clear controller is labeled Millennium.
IMG_2103.jpg
If that's an official Sega VGA box, you will definitely fetch a decent amount. I think the lightguns are fairly valuable as well. That Sakura Wars controller/jump pack/VMU set is GORGEOUS. I want a Sakura Wars DC pretty bad.

Lambtron said:
If that's an official Sega VGA box, you will definitely fetch a decent amount. I think the lightguns are fairly valuable as well. That Sakura Wars controller/jump pack/VMU set is GORGEOUS. I want a Sakura Wars DC pretty bad.

Yeah, it's a an Official VGA box. The Sakura Set is from the standalone controller set that was separate from the console package. I've been trying to track down info on that particular lightgun. I turned the gray console over and realized it's a Japanese console. The blue one is interesting because it has no S/N that I can see though it is North American from the look of the plug for power. I'm surprised this stuff turned up in the group it was at a thrift store as this looks like stuff from a collector's collection.

kiun said:
yea that looks like an official sega vga box. Worth ~$100 I think. Great find !
Thanks for the info on value. A nice tidy flip from $3. :D

JEKKI

whoo~!!! mad props and respect to the boys at Pineconeattack!

I won a nintendo from a contest they were having at their site!!

2wdd6xg.jpg

so yeay, Ima plug those guys. Go to their site and listen to the podcast!!

mehdi_san

denomes said:
What is the name of this particular set? I did a quick search but I couldn't find it. I'm just curious about the pricing/availability. Also, what languages are on this release?

I don't usually go for big box sets but the mixed media theme of this one is right up my alley and it fits the show so well!
It's simply the "Cowboy Bebop 5.1ch DVD BOX", but it's the first edition. They did a second edition later, but the box isn't as nice, just regular DVD cases i think. And it's Japanese only BTW.

CaseyTappy said:
They were dead cheap once but sell on Ebay for $75 if you can find one , that's just for the shell :lol

These are not the official shells. Sega put out official shells in Japan. But only the top. And the shell in the picture from the guy above seems like an official shell.

jacobs34

Extollere said:
313665-WMIQ5J8.jpg

New headphones today :3

Also... some artbooks:

313666-PT4EZA2.jpg

Those are quality cans, I've had a pair for a couple of years and they've been great for both gaming and music. Be careful though they are definitely the gateway drug into the audiophile world.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
jacobs34 said:
Those are quality cans, I've had a pair for a couple of years and they've been great for both gaming and music. Be careful though they are definitely the gateway drug into the audiophile world.

I can attest to this. It was the audio-technica ATH-AD900 that sent me into a frenzied search for ever better and more expensive cans. Then amplifiers and cables. Then I was hardmodding the opamps on all my audio devices and sound cards. It nearly destroyed me. :(

Benjamin1981 said:
These are not the official shells. Sega put out official shells in Japan. But only the top. And the shell in the picture from the guy above seems like an official shell.

The Chinese full shells are the expensive ones, they are much nicer with the transparent underside !
It looks to me that in his picture the underside is also transparent .

Edit :

Here's mine .
DSCF1143.jpg

Extollere said:
New headphones today :3

Just out of interest, how much sound do those AD-700s leak? I've only used closed headphones before (Sennheiser HD 215s at the moment).

I guess it doesn't matter too much, I'd only use them at home, but I still like the thought of not disturbing anyone with my sounds.

Raife

Benjamin1981 said:

Could you provide a link or some more information on the differences between official and knockoff shells? I have a couple laying around the house that are the top only. I couldn't find anything about them through a search.

nny

The Bebop box is amazing.

tturunen said:
well, here is something little bit different pickup (of the year) from couple days ago.
And not even my pickup but my better half got this one <3

http://tturunen.net/images/sammontekija.jpg

background:
Sammon Tekijät = Sampo Makers
(Sampo is part of Finnish mythology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampo)
Finnish Government made a decision to grant awards recognize the 200th anniversary meeting in last year.
The award qualification was new kind of thinking, creativity, innovation and utility for young Finnish entrepreneurs. Sampo Awards was only granted this once.
So in 14. December Finnish Culture and Sport Minister, Stefan Wall, did reward 10 young entrepreneurs by this Sammon Tekijät award, including my spouse.
By her Manga Cafe in here Finland and her work in anime/manga society.
And that award is not just paper in pretty frame. Its worth of 50 000 euros.
:D

Congratulations!

derFeef

My first (ever) PS3 games arrived. And this sucks because they sent the PS3 seperately and there is no sign of it. :(

9811ae65.jpg

I hate myself for ordering platinum, but I already ordered more games for the system and I do not want my wallet to implode, so... it´s okay. Bought UC1 from a friend.

jacobs34 said:
It took me a second to realise you were talking about the headphones

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
AnkhWeasel said:
Just out of interest, how much sound do those AD-700s leak? I've only used closed headphones before (Sennheiser HD 215s at the moment).

They leak like Julian Assange. :lol

Don't wear them if you plan on being around other people. Also, it's hard to tell, but they are fucking huge. You look like some kind of asshole wearing these. They sound great though, and they are comfortable as hell (needed something I could wear for several hours at a time).

And yes... those are some pretty great cans >__> :D

Benjamin1981 said:

I did some research on the blue Dreamcast and it was a limited edition from Electronics Boutique. I'm not sure what that means for the value but I'll try to find that out. Kickin' it old school at the Electronics Boutique.:D

CaseyTappy said:
The Chinese full shells are the expensive ones, they are much nicer with the transparent underside !
It looks to me that in his picture the underside is also transparent .

The whole shell is transparent.

Top Bottom