• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

K' Dash

So I just bought a Wii and it says "$50 Value", my question: where is the $50 value?

wlrnlt.jpg

Also, I bought a Wii, yeeeeaaahh!

Yes Boss!

K' Dash said:
So I just bought a Wii and it says "$50 Value", my question: where is the $50 value?

wlrnlt.jpg

Also, I bought a Wii, yeeeeaaahh!
Well,

Since you are in the correct year now, the fifty-dollar value likely refers to the addition of Wii Sports Resort. Wii with regular Wii Sports is $200 and they now add Wii Sports Resort as an extra, valued at $50.

K' Dash

Yes Boss! said:
Well,

Since you are in the correct year now, the fifty-dollar value likely refers to the addition of Wii Sports Resort. Wii with regular Wii Sports is $200 and they now add Wii Sports Resort as an extra, valued at $50.

Thank you.

Yes Boss!

Got some download games. Loving my PS3 this month with Spelunker and GT5. Giving the Sony platforms some love.

Un Jammer Lammy (way better than my UMD version):

d0c7bfa9.jpg

Couldn't afford Three Wonders for Saturn. Went for the PSP version. Very cute sprites. Nice classic Capcom. Wish the company still had these kind of games but I've almost given up on them:

c2016a7f.jpg

Cave Story for DSi. Liking it way more on the handheld:

f0589cb3.jpg

And Cave's free Mushi Bug Timer for iPhone!

c22bde9b.jpg

Rocca

Unregistered007 said:
impressions ? worth getting ?

I haven't played much yet, though from impressions I read immediately prior to buying, they are identical in terms of functionality, meaning progression breakers found in original versions of Warrior Within are still there, untouched.

Cosmetically though, the game does look very good in 1080p. Can't vouch much for the Stereoscopic 3D since my 3D monitor is at work and I took the week off.

Picked up the Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu's Premium Theme 1 off of the Japanese Marketplace, which left me with enough points for whichever other Cave-related trinket I could pick up in the future.

25h0t2x.png

Always one to buy things, even if I have several versions of it, I picked up Cave Story off of DSiWare the other morning.

As well as a nice Jeanne Play-Arts Kai figure just came in. Not a bad day.

2uqiyo5.png

LiK

Rocca said:
Picked up the Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu's Premium Theme 1 off of the Japanese Marketplace, which left me with enough points for whichever other Cave-related trinket I could pick up in the future.

25h0t2x.png

OMG, looks smexy. i can finally rotate this with my Mushi premium theme. got my extra Jpn points waiting, thanks for heads up :D

Rocca

LiK said:
OMG, looks smexy. i can finally rotate this with my Mushi premium theme. got my extra Jpn points waiting, thanks for heads up :D

Haha, exactly my initiative for downloading it. Hope you enjoy it, too.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
HAL 9000 said:
Can I have the link to where you purchased these?

There are a lot of links I could give you for purchasing art books. However those books in the image were purchased in person from a store in Los Angeles that specializes in art books only. Surprisingly - they stock and sell many Japanese anthology books (such as Megastore) as well. I'm pretty impressed with their Western and European art books too.

tsigo said:
Gonna buy some "art books", eh? Nothing describes art like "Cute & Funny & Erotic". :D

Haha, well, Shunya Yamashita's books are definitely sexy, but I wouldn't really say they are funny or erotic. It's mostly pin-up art. Lots of ladies. He's a great character designers and there are some spectacular illustrations and sketches in the book as well.

Yes Boss!

Gouken said:
i forgot, what game is this?

c2016a7f.jpg
Midnight Wanderes, which is part if the Capcom tryptych arcade game Three Wonders. It is on the PSP Capcom Classics Collection Remixed. Some other great games on the collection as well: Strider, 1941, etc.

Gray_Fox

Neo Member
ResidentDante said:
Those textures! Is that from the PC version of AC: Brotherhood?

Joke aside, did you play Brotherhood before you went to Rome? Was it cool to compare the famous buildings with the game?

Those textures! Is that from the PC version of AC: Brotherhood?

No it PS3 collection edition :D

Joke aside, did you play Brotherhood before you went to Rome? Was it cool to compare the famous buildings with the game?

LOOL I was in ROMA before i play AC: Brotherhood but i went to Venezia after i played AC:2 the famous buildings they are fucking same like Piazza san marco :) i realy enjoying comparing the famous buildings in AC:2 and AC: Brotherhood.

Yes Boss!

hipgnosis said:
What is that?
A silly little mushi-themed stopwatch app. Chibi Princess Reco slowly walks around the world as the time ticks away, forwards or backwards. Complety useless. Seems like something they could have just thrown into Bug Panic. Or a promotion for Bug Panic.

f734c0ee.jpg

Gouken

Banned
has anyone tried the INCEPTION app from the apple store? daaaaamn, it makes you wanna do drugs, it's fucked up, check it out, headphones with mic(the iPhone one) is required. Turn off the light, and you'll be in lala land!

anyways, my purchase...

photo-30.jpg

giving sonic his last chance.

Gouken

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Midnight Wanderes, which is part if the Capcom tryptych arcade game Three Wonders. It is on the PSP Capcom Classics Collection Remixed. Some other great games on the collection as well: Strider, 1941, etc.

kindda reminds me of Peter Pan/Ghouls n' Ghosts graphic style on the SNES. I'll be sure to DL it.

Yes Boss!

Gouken said:
kindda reminds me of Peter Pan/Ghouls n' Ghosts graphic style on the SNES. I'll be sure to DL it.
Yeah, way cool graphics/sprites...the stuff you would dream about during the 16-bit era. Kinda forgot just how much Capcom reigned back then. Lots of other very nice arcade games on the collection as well. 1941 even has a tate mode (!)

(oh yeah, ace pick-up on more Fairuz. Bringing some Lebanese love to the thread!)

Gouken

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, way cool graphics/sprites...the stuff you would dream about during the 16-bit era. Kinda forgot just how much Capcom reigned back then. Lots of other very nice arcade games on the collection as well. 1941 even has a tate mode (!)

(oh yeah, ace pick-up on more Fairuz. Bringing some Lebanese love to the thread!)

you rock dude, you know all this stuff about fairuz, shes such a legendary icon. I love all her music and especially the Andalousiyat which focuses on old classical Arabic(you probably know that already anyways.

her music is so soothing, they play her here on the radio from 7am till 8am in the morning(continuously, Ad free), it's such a perfect way to start your morning on the way to work :)

exactly, Capcom was sprite king during the era

sikkinixx said:
5266357100_e83c19d477_z.jpg

11.6" Air. So fucking pretty. Very snappy performance wise as well. I'm having trouble getting used to using a trackpad again :lol
I just got one of these too, I love it. Pound for pound the best computer I've ever owned.

Yes Boss!

Gouken said:
you rock dude, you know all this stuff about fairuz, shes such a legendary icon. I love all her music and especially the Andalousiyat which focuses on old classical Arabic(you probably know that already anyways.

her music is so soothing, they play her here on the radio from 7am till 8am in the morning(continuously, Ad free), it's such a perfect way to start your morning on the way to work :)

exactly, Capcom was sprite king during the era
Epic music. One day the rest of the world will figure it out. Reminds me of my childhood and the middle east of the seventies/eighties. Such a different time, sigh.

sikkinixx

Gary Whitta said:
I just got one of these too, I love it. Pound for pound the best computer I've ever owned.

If you haven't snagged the Humble pack, you should. Fun bunch of games to play on the go, and don't take up a lot of room on the tiny SSD.

Lunchbox

Banned
IMACOMPUTA said:
"New" car!
Long time coming...

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0709oljw.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/img_0710ozri.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/img_0711wag3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

put a bigger spoiler and and fart maker on the exhaust, make the interior purple and some leds under the chassi.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm pretty sure this is everything I've picked up.

Bought Kinect with Dance Central yesterday, Fiddy Cent and Alan Wake on Fri. Also the Spartacus BR was a steal at $60NZ. Never seen it before and enjoying it so far.

14y1ph1.jpg

Also got a complete exhaust system fitted to my car. Don't have pic of Super Turbo muffler and the pipes fitted but do have a pic of the headers before I put them on last weekend. Total system cos me about $600NZ.

New Headers next to old manifold;

2lbf7tl.jpg

And fitted by yours truly.

10zb80z.jpg

Top Bottom