• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us goods from the ENTIRE YEAR!)

Picked up 3 more games :lol

Really need to start saving up for next year!

DSC00003.jpg

Because Lumines Supernova for ps3 took forever and I don't have a ps3 at the moment [but lol if they put it on PSp store i'll get!]

DSC00002.jpg

Only $20. May as well pick it up.

DSC00004.jpg

Because I'm all for DQ.

outsidah

Spike said:
So, is that Starscream accurately coloured now? I have the Hasbro classics version, and the colours are nowhere near accurate.

Ravage rocks! Cannot wait for him to hit Canada...

Yes he is pretty much 99% accurate! Hasbro re-released him as part of the Universe line with the right colors this time.

These just came out here so hopefully you will see them soon. If not let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Here's some more stuff I picked up recently:

Dreamcast + some games:
DSC00138.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

I'm especially excited about this game:
DSC00139.jpg

Prince of Persia CE, Odin Sphere, RE4 Wii Edition and of course, Persona 4. I think most of GAF has P4 by now.
DSC00145.jpg

Persona 4 Art Book and Strategy Guide:
DSC00146.jpg

Final Fantasy stuff:

Final Fantasy Master Creatures Knights of the Round
DSC00144.jpg

7 Trading Figures (still wrapped because I haven't decides where to put them)
DSC00142.jpg

'Tis the season
DSC00141.jpg

Sega USB Pad - I have 2 grey ones already but I like teh look of teh black ones.
DSC00143.jpg

Dissidia potion and Metroid Prime 3:
DSC00149.jpg

And my favourite pickups of the year:
Crisis Core FFVII 10th Anniversary PSP:
DSC00147.jpg

And Japanese MGS4 LE (My favourite of all the MGS4 stuf I got this year):
DSC00148.jpg

mosqito

Ninja Kn1ght: Welcome to the Dreamcast Club :) nice choice

Bought this one :
15d2gzt.jpg

Really like the game, nice arcade fun game.. got it new for 34 euros :)

purg3

slept with Malkin
DSC01109.jpg

pair of ultimate 81's and mirror's edge. didn't plan on picking up another game until after christmas but I got a surprise giftcard in the mail.

Goidil said:
My games of the entire year (I bough three new consoles in this twelve months: Dreamcast, PSP and Xbox)

That's the great thing about waiting for systems to die off at retail before jumping in. (I'm not talking about the PSP)

You can grab huge amounts of stuff for pennies on the dollar. Within the next week or so I'll finally have a replacement Xbox and I'm drooling at all the stuff I missed, especially since there's so much quality for so little money.

I think I might just sit out the current/future generations and then buy a fuckton off stuff at the the end. Except for Nintendo. I'm too much of a Nintenho to pass up anything released by them. It's a sickness,I know. :lol

Router said:
Where from and how much? I have been trawling eBay since the game came out for those bags.

The yellow one was a free pre-order bonus from EB/GS. The red Timbuk2 bag was included in the $130 version of the game for sale on EA's site.

Pre-Christmas Adds:

3126857309_b7afb849e6.jpg

Fallout 3.

3126857593_06ba25eff2.jpg

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, Orange Box. <--both of these, thanks mark!

3127686022_21db9c0326.jpg

Sneak King, PocketBike Racer, Big Bumpin'. <--50% off clearances at kbtoys.

3127686616_4d3b73bd9d.jpg

Vampire Night, Xenosaga Episode II. <--quick adds for ps2.

Luis127.jpg

I totally nerdgasmed when I saw the Video Game Art book! AND IT WAS ONLY $4.95!!!! It's pretty meaty--and it has Nocturne and DDS in it! o_O I was not expecting that. It's so cool...and I almost missed it! Oh, man, I'm so glad I stuck around the section I was in and spotted it hiding at the very bottom! WHAT A CRIME! The cover is actually lenticular, so it goes from Snake to Abe from Oddworld (At least, I think that his name). The introduction actually begins with the red Nocturne image of Hitoshura with the Trumpeter, White Rider, etc.

Luis129.jpg

I love general knowledge stuff.

Luis130.jpg

Eeeeek! I nerdgasmed again when I saw this one! The size is inconvenient, but it makes up for it with the way it's structured--and it has the pictures I love as part of the storytelling :D

Luis128.jpg

I'm not very religious, but religion sure is fascinating to me! I probably won't read the Bible for a while, so this could help me out since it's so condensed and what I saw when I flipped through got my attention.

It's been a while since I wanted a new laptop, so I got an ASUS G50VT-x1 (Best Buy had 'em on sale).

asusg50vt-x1015.jpg

It is a flashy laptop heh, but so far I'm pleasantly surprised with the build quality and performance of this babe. The Geforce 9800m gs allows Crysis to run on medium settings (dx9, native res) without drastic hiccups. Pretty impressive for a 1k portable. Why portable? I move around constantly and can't afford having a ginormous rig. Someday, someday.

asusg50vt-x1011.jpg

Games of the year + 360 wireless pad (looove the 360 pad, I don't care what the KB+mouse posse says).

The resolution is the only sidedown (downside, lol). At 1366x768 it is "true" widescreen (16:9) and all recent games play natively but you do lose some screen realstate. Nothing that can't be solved by hooking up an external monitor. Fallout 3 runs like a champ maxed out.
asusg50vt-x1014.jpg

Here's a comparison shot with a 12" ibook g4. Kinda funny :D The asus resembles more a 17 incher, but it is a 15".
asusg50vt-x1049.jpg

n8NMONSTER said:
3127686616_4d3b73bd9d.jpg
Vampire Night, Xenosaga Episode II. <--quick adds for ps2.

I remember playing Vampire Night at a friend's house. I remember the guncon's inaccurate aim, the dullness of gameplay, and the constant desire for HoTD.

zoku88

Trip Warhawkins said:
It's been a while since I wanted a new laptop, so I got an ASUS G50VT-x1 (Best Buy had 'em on sale).

It is a flashy laptop heh, but so far I'm pleasantly surprised with the build quality and performance of this babe.
Im pretty biased, but I think ASUS generally has pretty nice build qualities.

Im not really one for flashy laptops, so I picked up the V1s myself (a little bit more than a year ago.)

I hope you like it, though ^^

EDIT: Not sure why I put an unhappy face originally, lol

LiK

Router said:
Where from and how much? I have been trawling eBay since the game came out for those bags.

_RT_ said:
Damn. I'm trying to track down the red one. I thought for sure they would be on ebay by now.

Post more pics please.

i got the red one from EA when it was bundled with the game for preorder. i actually got the yellow one from Ebay cuz Gamestop.com screwed me over and i didn't get the bag even tho i preordered it the day it was posted on their site. i returned the GS preorder. i hate you Gamestop!

mosqito said:
Ninja Kn1ght: Welcome to the Dreamcast Club :) nice choice

Bought this one :
15d2gzt.jpg

Really like the game, nice arcade fun game.. got it new for 34 euros :)

Awesome game.. it really is a shame that MS just let this one die slowly. Should have been a pack in for years to come.

ty_hot

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Awesome game.. it really is a shame that MS just let this one die slowly. Should have been a pack in for years to come.

Microsoft didn't; it's in the brazilian Xbox 36o bundle.

Ok, they do let it die.

Pezking

Had a nice poster in the mail today:
se9d12.jpg

Tickets for two away games of Eintracht Frankfurt:
wiackp.jpg

Most anticipated concert of 2009:
2wbzz8p.jpg

Finally found it cheap at amazon.co.uk-marketplace:
33ok3sx.jpg

And 2 graphic novels for a traintrip tomorrow:
jieukp.jpg

eLGee

Hypertrooper said:
Last Friday i bought the Normale Blu Ray Edition for 19€ at amazon. The Film is perfect. But no German True HD Sound :/

Who the hell would want a dubbed soundtrack anyway?

Chorazin

Hypertrooper said:
Last Friday i bought the Normale Blu Ray Edition for 19€ at amazon. The Film is perfect. But no German True HD Sound :/

Christian Bale's terrible Cookie Monster Batman voice is bad enough, I'd hate to hear some 2-Euro an hour voice actor try and do it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
47ec6b54fe.jpg

Anime day:
When They Cry vol 6
Claymore vol 2
Tsubasa vol 10
Maria Watches Over Us Season 2
School Rumble Season 2 Part 2
Negima Season 2 Part 1
Story of Saiunkoku Part 2

Chorazin said:
Christian Bale's terrible Cookie Monster Batman voice is bad enough, I'd hate to hear some 2-Euro an hour voice actor try and do it.

Actually, I think this would be quite awesome.

I need to see if there are any other languages for TDK on the blu.

Ok, here are my other pick-ups for the month. My HD set-up is almost complete!

BTW I had no idea it would come out looking that dusty, as I didn't see any without the flash :(

Sony HT-SS2300 HTIB (Sounds awesome.... really), along with my 360 that just came back from the morgue - Its ALIVE!

zk1xra.jpg

Sony BDP-S350 blu-ray player

149o4rd.jpg

And a D-Link DAP1522 to connect (up to 4 of) them all to my wireless network.

29vhx54.jpg

Some blu-ray and a DVD to break them all in

125l6j5.jpg

Then there is another Philips DC570/37 iPod Dock that I bought for my cousin

sm6800.jpg

Not pictured...

-a bunch of HDMI cables for my equipment

-a 4GB Kingston DataTraveler Mini USB stick for the S350

I think that'll be it for me, for the rest of the year... maybe

purg3 said:
Where did you find that in a Medium? every time I see one, it's always XL.
eBay, I was supposed to get the 2000/2001 jersey, but the dude sent the 1999/2000. Both have the Dreamcast sponsorship.

Luthair

Nerdcore 2009 calendar I got form a friend for x-mas :)
photo-3.jpg

4 gigs of DDR2 that now puts me at 8 gigs total.
photo2-2.jpg

6 inch cubed campanion cube to replace my ex girlfriend :p
photo3.jpg

Top Bottom