• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

WEGGLES

NoName#1 said:
That sounds like a fantastic show. I wish I was closer to Toronto.

Also I am a firm believer that Loveless always sounds the best on vinyl (often with a good set of headphones).
I'm a good 3 and a half hour drive from Toronto but considering the 3 headliners are band I REALLY like it's more than worth the drive.

My dad travels a ton for work so we're going the night before and getting a free hotel room since he gets so many Holiday Inn points :D Going to be so sick.

And I'm listening to loveless right now, and it sound excellent on vinyl. :)

Hellion

2zszimw.jpg

Came in from Amazon used. Hoping it's as good as I remember ZOE1 was. :D

Tiefooz

Hellion said:
Came in from Amazon used. Hoping it's as good as I remember ZOE1 was. :D

It's better in just about every way. Better characters, less repetitive combat, wonderful story, amazing bosses, more subweapons and much more interesting missions. All that and a Gradius-style minigame.

Schlep

Been playing this off of Gamefly, but I like it a ton and don't want to hold onto the rental for two months (for Awakening). Also Stone Prisoner for 'free'. :lol

dragonage.jpg

WEGGLES

I always see people with strategy guides for new games and such. I always figured people only got those when they got stuck :S

Schlep

WEGGLES said:
I always see people with strategy guides for new games and such. I always figured people only got those when they got stuck :S
Bought it more for the art and such. I'm not a big fan of strategy guides, however I am a big fan of killing trees in the name of needless art I'll forget about in a month.

WEGGLES

Ahh gotcha. Like a make shift artbook.

The only strat guides I've got are for Animal crossing just for item lists :lol (had to get something with my NP sub.)

JSRT

Banned
neoism said:
WWWWTTTFFF! on Bluraay!
rmmlck.gif

Damn straight! They're re releasing FLCL on Blu Ray later this year as well!

Schlep said:
Bought it more for the art and such. I'm not a big fan of strategy guides, however I am a big fan of killing trees in the name of needless art I'll forget about in a month.

I miss the old strategy guides that Diehard Gamefan used to put out. Particularly the ones for Capcom games. They would always include not only the official artwork but most of the production sketches as well. I still have my Darkstalkers: Jedah's damnation and Street Fighter 3 strategy guides.

neoism

JSRT said:
Damn straight! They're re releasing FLCL on Blu Ray later this year as well!

I miss the old strategy guides that Diehard Gamefan used to put out. Particularly the ones for Capcom games. They would always include not only the official artwork but most of the production sketches as well. I still have my Darkstalkers: Jedah's damnation and Street Fighter 3 strategy guides.
awesome!:D :D I don't even like anime that much, ploo is my favorite EVER... and the only set I own. If FLCL is priced right it's a definite buy...

:lol :lol I can't believe ploo's been on Bluray for 2 months. The last time I checked, they said it wasn't coming...

neoism

PEZIX said:
You should def check amazon for that shit bro, all there anime boxsets are like half off, I went all out once I saw that :lol
Yeah I bought it like a minute after. I was amazed at the $38 price tag!:D :D I got lucky with the DVD set, it was 200 and I got it on an off chance for 75...in 07 I would have bought it on BR for 200....:D :D thanks though!

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Castor Krieg said:

I'm weak, I know that.:D How reliable is this model? No problems so far with ppl who have it?

No problems but be ready to play the Japanese version of some games. Uncharted 2 has no blood and Ratchet has giant eye brows when you play him. :(

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
Co-worker was selling a bunch of games so I figured I'd jump at the chance to build up my TG16 collection. Apologies for the shitty iPhone camera.

4341895325_7df140ba31.jpg

Blazing Lasers
Lords of the Rising Sun
Y's III: Wanders From Y's
Exile
J.B. Harold Murder Club
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Y's Book I & II
Valis II
Cadash

4342636036_f3bf79745f.jpg

Aero Blasters
Alien Crush
Dungeon Explorer
Last Alert
Raiden
R-Type
Shockman
Legend of Hero Tonma
Valis III

Picked up a few other odds and ends on top of the TG16 haul.
4341896931_fa895ee1e6.jpg

Shining Force
Silpheed
Shining Force II
Alien Trilogy
Virtua Tennis
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Monkey Island

Desi

Tiefooz said:
It's better in just about every way. Better characters, less repetitive combat, wonderful story, amazing bosses, more subweapons and much more interesting missions. All that and a Gradius-style minigame.
i agree with everything except that.

2-2010-2.jpg

Vanguard Bandits - Might end up returning it because after I left the gamestore and got home I realized it had the Making of Lunar 2 (from L2:EB Complete) instead of the Lunar 2 Demo Disc

Tales of Legendia

Persona 1 Guide - Can't believe I found this... I believe it goes for $50+ on ebay. I got it for $10, but its pretty beat up.

DIRTY-D

robot said:
Finally got something framed, forgot how awesome the picture was.

64021687.jpg

Where could I buy this Ikeno Litho? Was only available at Comic-con?

I want this poster and the Street Fighter 4 Poster that he did as well.....and it was only given to people at the Preview parties. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AnkitT said:
http://i45.tinypic.com/28he8tc.jpg
My new Alienware OptX 21.5" Monitor! :D

Very nice. Best gaming monitor. I'll be getting one whenever and if ever I get back into PC gaming.

ChryZ

Double dipped on Cowboy Bebop. I already had the original release, but remastered video, 5.1 audio and the whole thing was as much as one of the original DVDs. So that made it pretty easy.

p1000532.jpg

Rocknrolla, cheap ass bluray ftw.

p1000535.jpg

Glenlivet French Oak Reserve 15 years old, very nice stuff.

p1000552.jpg

goMaki

Just got back from the Splicers Unite / GameStop Midnight Release Party for BioShock 2. I got some really cool stuff and a special surprise from 2K! All the Developers that attended signed out copies, so they kindly signed my CE! I am so HAPPY! I was the last one to get their copy ( held out for a lone CE since I pre-ordered at a different GameStop; Manager was kind enough to let me purchase the last one available ) signed, so I believe they took more time in talking with me and signing it. <3 So ecstatic! :D

4342585631_dacc7a5613_b.jpg

Signed CE:
4343322182_9a7f290136_b.jpg

Sorry for the crap quality! I know my camera sucks. I haven't actually opened the game yet, so maybe inside content pics later. For now, sleep. It was all worth it...

Finally, I feel like I've made it. This is one of my favourite thread's on neogaf, seeing all the things I cannot afford.

Here's my entry for the month:

91j5na.jpg

Drame

More Wii greatness:

spvtqx.jpg

The House of the Dead: Overkill

68r58i.jpg

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars and a Classic Controller Pro.

So these arrived late last week:

Image062.jpg

I didn't touch STO since once I activated that the time would be ticking down.

I did however play 28 hours of Mass Effect 2 and got this before I finished:

Image061.jpg

:(

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
randomlyrossy said:
I did however play 28 hours of Mass Effect 2 and got this before I finished:

Image061.jpg

:(

If your 360 is past it's warranty, it's pretty easy to fix. I fixed mine in about 45 min. Hardest part was taking the damn thing apart (which wasn't all that difficult).

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
Big Papa Husker said:
Are those Gamestop stickers on TG16 games?! Did some GS employee take them in as PS1 games or something?
Haha, nah. He didn't have cases for Shockman and Legend of Hero Tonma so he threw the hu cards and manuals into leftover cases that happened to have gamestop stickers on them. Hopefully I can find legit cases for these 2 games sometime in the future.

robot

DIRTY-D said:
Where could I buy this Ikeno Litho? Was only available at Comic-con?

I want this poster and the Street Fighter 4 Poster that he did as well.....and it was only given to people at the Preview parties. :(

i think it was a comic con exclusive a few years back - it's numbered to 250. A friend of mine picked it up for me.

sn0zc0r3 said:
If your 360 is past it's warranty, it's pretty easy to fix. I fixed mine in about 45 min. Hardest part was taking the damn thing apart (which wasn't all that difficult).

Nah cause it's the red ring MS will still repair it for free, it got picked up earlier today.

Doubt I'd ever try and fix it myself, I'd probably rather pay for a repair in that case. Don't have the money to be buying a replacement if something were to go wrong.

Hoping for a quick turnaround. A friend of mine who sent his in not too long ago got it back in 9 days.

Reeeeeeeally need to finish Mass Effect 2, I was mere hours from the end!

hednik4am

goMaki said:
Just got back from the Splicers Unite / GameStop Midnight Release Party for BioShock 2. I got some really cool stuff and a special surprise from 2K! All the Developers that attended signed out copies, so they kindly signed my CE! I am so HAPPY! I was the last one to get their copy ( held out for a lone CE since I pre-ordered at a different GameStop; Manager was kind enough to let me purchase the last one available ) signed, so I believe they took more time in talking with me and signing it. <3 So ecstatic! :D

Sorry for the crap quality! I know my camera sucks. I haven't actually opened the game yet, so maybe inside content pics later. For now, sleep. It was all worth it...

So What are the things in the wrapper's ?

Love the masks too !

practice02 said:
I still don't see the appeal of shoe gaze.

You're just not listening to it loud enough. Put on some good headphones, crank it and let it wash over you...

When your brain starts tingling you'll know it works...

goMaki

hednik4am said:
So What are the things in the wrapper's ?

Love the masks too !

I feel so stupid for forgetting to mention what was inside them. I was so tired.

The "Splicers Unite!" wrappers contain a black BioShock 2 t-shirt ( I believe it has the CE box art on the back and a Big Sister head on the front ), a Red Bull and then the one that I opened last night had a paper slip advertising the "Wiiings" Plasmid. It's pretty cool! I heard that the wrappers contained different pieces of paper, but I have yet to confirm it ( only opened one ).

4343828316_1175a1038a.jpg

Top Bottom