• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

HYDE

Banned
edgefusion said:
sweet.jpg

Any impressions for Bioshock 2 yet?

HYDE

Banned
edgefusion said:
I posted some early ones in the Bioshock 2 thread.

Thanks, but are there spoilers floating around? I just want to go in completely fresh.
I have only seen one video for the game, released like a year ago.

small pickups so far...trying to make some big moves this year and am attempting at being a little more practical.

Rockband and EoW were $5 near my job..so why not..
Raiden IV for some SHUMP when I feels like it...:D
a Slim PS3 for the game room and leaving the launch 20GB BC in the living room as the HTPC

sega usb pad for some super spin IV later in the months.
RMFLp.jpg

Yq44H.jpg

D2j9C.jpg

sorry for the iPhone pics : (

edgefusion

HYDE said:
Thanks, but are there spoilers floating around? I just want to go in completely fresh.
I have only seen one video for the game, released like a year ago.

Could be spoilers in the thread but my impressions I kept to a minimum of spoilery stuff (if any) and they're only from the first 15 - 20 minutes.

STG!

zmet said:
DoReMi Fantasy

WANT! I gotta get back into collecting Super Famicom games. :(

So far not too much this year, nabbed the Art of Phoenix Wright art book after forgetting it was saved in my Amazon cart. Beautiful book. Plus some other goodies.

Januarypickup.png

isny

napkin dispenser
Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny Art Boxes from RightStuf clearance (One with a TShirt and one with 4 Pencil Boards)

Also the latest season release of the original DB!

febpickup2.jpg

Sanyo Eneloop AA x8
2192f43.jpg

Nintendo Power posters (Wario Land 2, Ogre Battle 64, Mario Party 5)
w81gnb.jpg

Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong, Kirby's Dream Land
25qgkev.jpg

SNES Controller; Elebits DS
8yetue.jpg

kid ness

sam27368 said:
Anything Burial touches turns to gold. So much better than the new "dubstep" being released.
Musically, Untrue is fantastic. However, it's just not the kind of music I would like to listen to on a daily basis; it's almost too involving and engrossing. But hey, that's just my taste.

Amazing stuff though, truly talented guy. I think it's pretty interesting how nobody knows who he is, and how he doesn't want to reveal his identity; reminds me of Superman.

MortalMonkey said:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0393.jpg

Someone has a shoe fetish!

I bought Rihanna's Rated R album at Best Buy. It was on sale for $7.99 =)

Can't wait to pick up Miles Edgeworth =D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Stabby McSter said:
DSC_0125.jpg

Finally found my size in these Janoski's. I told myself I'll stop buying shoes now. :(

at least until April

Nice sneakers. Where did you buy them?

Loxley

My favorite pick-up of the month: The Fellowship of the Ring Collector's Gift Set

I've been wanting one of these beauties for years now, finally found a factory-sealed one for pretty cheap :D
Is it too nerdy that I wanted it mostly for the Argonath bookends that are included? Probably, but I love'em ;)

Others stuffs:

Bungie Haiti Relief Charity shirt

Even though I went in with my expectations pretty low based on what I'd heard, I've been pretty disappointed with Stranglehold thus far. And when it comes to shooters, I'm pretty easy to please, I almost always manage to squeeze some enjoyment out of'em, but no such luck here :(

24" Dynex TV Monitor, it's a pretty slick TV and great for conserving space (both my PC and 360 are hooked up to it) but it has one damn dead pixel that I can't un-see whenever the screen is mildly dark. Ah well.

HYDE said:
Upsidedown Fuji said:
I buy a handful of older Saturn/Dreamcast games monthly but I remembered to take pics this time. I got GetBass+Controller for 200 yen, Xmen VS Streetfighter with 4MB expansion memory for 100yen, Bakubaku Animal (awesome puzzle game) for another 100, and finally Saturn Bomberman Fight for 100 yen. Not pictured here is an additional white official Saturn Backup Memory saves cartridge I also found for 100 in perfect shape.

I've always wanted to play Sega Bass Fishing on Dreamcast.
But, do they make a controller with the handle on the left side. I am right handed, hold the fishing pole with my right hand and I reel with my left hand. I am not the only one methinks.

I've never seen a left hand fishing controller. It took me a little bit of time to figure it out too as I haven't fished much in my lifetime.

It would have been a nice option for them to have a swappable reel for either side of the controller.

Sora_N

Non-gaming :lol

8884784_0299a8aa2a_b.jpg

Gundam Marker + 3 jars of Acrylic Minis
Scarlett
Kamen Rider W Cyclone Joker chibi
Re-ment keiki

neojubei said:
Nice sneakers. Where did you buy them?
Usually when I can, I get them at FTC or PLA. They're these local skate shops.

Sometimes they don't get my size, so I get them from:
Liberty Boardshop
Skatepark of Tampa
CCS

CCS is usually my last resort, since the shoes are five to ten dollars more expensive for some reason. They have free shipping though (granted, you spend over $50 and you find a coupon or something).
Liberty Boardshop is pretty close, so it takes about two days to arrive. Spend over $80, free shipping.
Skatepark of Tampa has the shoes for box price. A lot of the times they'll go on sale too (I usually see them go for 30% off). I don't think you can get free shipping at all though. I've only seen them do free shipping once.

You should check out Primitive, P-Rod's store. I haven't personally bought anything there, but it seems fine. Free shipping over $50, the site says.
Primitive

lol i'm a walking billboard :<

AcridMeat

Banned
Loxley said:
Even though I went in with my expectations pretty low based on what I'd heard, I've been pretty disappointed with Stranglehold thus far. And when it comes to shooters, I'm pretty easy to please, I almost always manage to squeeze some enjoyment out of'em, but no such luck here :(

Crud, I picked it up as well, what in particular aren't you liking about it?

Alucrid

Banned
Sora_N said:
Non-gaming :lol

http://static.zooomr.com/images/8884784_0299a8aa2a_b.jpg[img]

Gundam Marker + 3 jars of Acrylic Minis
Scarlett
Kamen Rider W Cyclone Joker chibi
Re-ment keiki[/QUOTE]

I remember when I was building Gundam models I would look for that marker EVERYWHERE but no place had it. :lol They never looked as good as the pictures on the box though.

Sora_N

Jive Turkey said:
Where did you get the paint and what are you planning on using it on?

There's 2 hobby/comic shops that have them and a Chinese toy/gundam model/etc store that has them too which is where I bought mine from. They're slightly cheaper than average. :D

Hmm planning to use them on quite a few things, these are just missing colours though.

I need to paint:
Gundam 00 GN Archer 1/144
Gundam 00 Union Flag (Graham Custom) 1/144
Gundam HGUC RX-78-2 30th Anniversary Version
Spider-man toy
and lots more other stuff and projects :lol

Sora_N

Alucrid said:
I remember when I was building Gundam models I would look for that marker EVERYWHERE but no place had it. :lol They never looked as good as the pictures on the box though.

Yeah mine never look as good as the pictures either, but I just try to make it look as good as I can with my limited abilities which usually ends in disaster anyways which is why I put off getting a new marker for a while. I just feel like tackling them again since my kits are unfinished.

Arsenic

Anarchistry said:
How are you liking the phone? I have a Bold, and while it has its shortcomings, the AWESOME keyboard more than makes up for it.
Its my first Blackberry/Smartphone, so the shortcomings you're probably experiencing I wouldn't notice lol. I've waited a couple of years to get a smartphone and this one seems perfect for me, for now. I've hated the rolling trackball of the past blackberrys so the touchpad is a welcome change. Touchscreen phones to me are annoying to text with (i have an iTouch, and experienced using the BB Storm).

Basically, overall im in love with it :D

Arsenic said:
Its my first Blackberry/Smartphone, so the shortcomings you're probably experiencing I wouldn't notice lol. I've waited a couple of years to get a smartphone and this one seems perfect for me, for now. I've hated the rolling trackball of the past blackberrys so the touchpad is a welcome change. Touchscreen phones to me are annoying to text with (i have an iTouch, and experienced using the BB Storm).

Basically, overall im in love with it :D

At work we were switched to the Blackberry Curve 2. I had been using my Touch Pro on the network. Anyway, everyone seems to think BBs are great, but compared to my Windows Phone, I hate it. The email application is really cumbersome. Unlike on Windows Phones, you can't have your BB sync individual subfolders that you have set up in Outlook; all SMS/MMS, Emails and Calls go into one big log, which is a big PITA.

Maybe it's just because this is the first BB I have ever used, but so far, I'm disliking the phone's small buttons and keyboard compared to the slide-out keyboard on the Touch Pro and the BB OS.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
MortalMonkey said:
Did you get any of the other sick colorways. I especially love the Dark Knights and the Bruce Lees
Nah, I don't need two pair of the same shoe, especially since I only have time to play twice a week. These Lakers ones look fantastic in person, and I can't get over how light they are and yet how they still manage to provide a nice level of support. These are the first low-top bball shoes I've owned in a very long time.

TheUndead

Banned
Gouken said:
TheUndead said:
18469132096449866810674.jpg

White Knight Chronicles International Edition (US version)
&
Star Ocean The Last Hope International (Asian version)

Got both of them from Play-Asia! (using FedEx shipping!) :D
i'd kill for White Night Chronicles, but IGN and Gameport raped them :( are they as bad as they say? i was literally holding it in my hand about to buy it till i checked the reviews on my mobile phone.
It's actually White Knight Chronicles :D

Well, I have a sweet tooth for JRPGs and I don't care what the reviews say about it. That game is an absolutely must-buy!!

Iron_Scimitar said:
Uber mouse

I'm not sure if you are new to the free spinning wheels of Logitech but I feel I should warn you. Once you use the wheel on that mouse, no other mouse-wheel will ever satisfy you again. You will be forced to hope and pray Logitech maintains that line of mice. You may feel it necessary to horde mice for the future. Do not fight this urge. Horde, my friend. Do not be without the wheel of the foreververse.

Alpha_eX

Allan Holdsworth said:
Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong, Kirby's Dream Land
25qgkev.jpg

Best pick ups in the thread, all those games are classics, especially Donkey Kong. You should try pick up Mole Mania.

Flek said:

Ip Man is a brilliant film, hopefully they've fixed the English subtitles as a lot of them were wrong in the original HK DVD release. Sequel is out next year, trailer is a bit of a tease.

crispyben

kid ness said:
Musically, Untrue is fantastic. However, it's just not the kind of music I would like to listen to on a daily basis; it's almost too involving and engrossing. But hey, that's just my taste.

Amazing stuff though, truly talented guy. I think it's pretty interesting how nobody knows who he is, and how he doesn't want to reveal his identity; reminds me of Superman.
Actually, he was outed by The Independent in February 2008, and he confirmed it in August the same year: his name is William Bevan. He went to London's Elliott School, whose other famous alumni are Joe Goddard and Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip), Kieran Hebden (Four Tet), and members of The xx.

I was checking out some game stores in Kansas City and I was surprised to see a Suikoden II for $99. Unfortunately it had no manual, but still looked pretty good. They also had a Vanguard Bandits for $50. Should I swing by the store to get it before I head home?

Top Bottom