• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

I had a couple back in the day...thank you GAF for re instilling my desire...

$30 shipped with mario kart...came in the mail today
yzbKy.jpg

JEKKI

SnowWolf said:
Completed my Bape shark hoody collection. I love the sharks, if you can't tell :lol

Only the green and the salmon color ones are new, but I took a photo of all my babies

14e436w.jpg
I bought one of those off a random kid once...

not in your collection... it's the green one with the yellow waffle lining, with PONR on the back.

anyway yeay... set me back $200 and ended up being fake lol

Money

Banned
VGChampion said:
That really looked like a screen cap of Heavy Rain at first. :lol

lol I got heavy rain too...and thing is I think Ive enjoyed it more than the car so far. What a great game

The shark collection is nice. I used to have the all camo one just like that knit one. I sold it because it was too big on me, I suppose I wear a M in Bape hoodies.

EDIT: Just bought MVC2 on PSN.

Mercutio

_dementia said:
IMG_4262-1.jpg

$5.99 @ Amazon, yay!

I bought it yesterday... I was so happy! It seems almost criminal to make me feel bad about buying Grandia as soon as it pops up... but that's what they've done!

Sora_N

I bought Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix off PSN last night...sorta disappointed, not sure what I was expecting really. At least it was cheap. Although I wish I bought Noby Noby Boy instead.

Pictures are with an iPhone, I apologize. Doesn't do the TV justice at all.
photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

and of course, Heavy Rain.<3 (and Marvel: UA2)

photo-3.jpg

P.S. I promise that isn't my purse.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Litflynt912 said:
I had a couple back in the day...thank you GAF for re instilling my desire...

$30 shipped with mario kart...came in the mail today

Wait, you got a Micro for $30? WHERE AND HOW PLEASE

So what makes a bape hoody worth 250 bucks. Because I have hoodies that are 5 years old or so, and they're still good to go and they cost like 50 bucks.

I bet this is going to be like the jeans thing.

Gouken

Banned
if you like to play PC games using head phone do yourself a major favor and get the Logitech G35 7.2 surround headphones. i played Bioshock on 7.1 and i was litterally jumped off the seat!!!

it's price, but worth every single penny! you will not regret it!

Wormdundee said:
So what makes a bape hoody worth 250 bucks. Because I have hoodies that are 5 years old or so, and they're still good to go and they cost like 50 bucks.

hypebeast/collectors item/limited release/branding/niche market...

why are Prada shoes expensive? Why are McIntosh amps so expensive?
Not saying the quality and everything is created equal amongst other offerings, but just cause they can charge that much and there's a market for them.

the "jeans thing" is something else slightly different, but that's a whole different debate....

Game Rogue said:

Slight OT, but I find things like "Cheat & don't get caught. Women tell you how." quite repulsive. I'm surprised there are no vocal opponents to these kind of articles in America (same goes for same kind of articles in Cosmo, etc.). Then people are shocked for Tiger Woods. Got to love double standards.

Wormdundee said:

That 50 bucks hoodie costs $3 to make in a factory in China. If you were still amking them in the West the price would be $100. Everything is overpriced to a certain degree, so the only difference now is if it's "very overpriced" or "omfg overpriced".

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Wormdundee said:

Dude, you don't even know, dude. You don't even know, dude.

Dude. Don't even.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wormdundee said:

Take a trip into Nordstrom (to a much lesser extent AX) and look around. You can an idea why brands like Bape are expensive.

Mercutio

Wormdundee said:

It's an art and style thing. You simply pay more for a designer style because their design is good and they can get away with charging you that much. The streets of fashion are paved with the bones of those who couldn't do the same.

I've also heard that the construction is top notch, but that's beside the point I think.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GAFpickup-201002.jpg

PS3:
Heavy Rain
Critter Crunch (not pictured)

X360:
Bayonetta

Wii:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Additional Nunchuck
Additional Wii Remote

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Valkyr Junkie said:
Are all of their products ridiculously expensive? I'd like to pickup something from one of their stores as a souvenir of my upcoming trip to Japan, but not if a t-shirt is gonna cost me an arm and a leg.

I recall Mangod himself having to spend $80 for a hat.

Depends on what you consider ridiculously expensive. I'm a huge Bape fan but would consider most of their products to be overpriced. I also haven't liked anything in the last 2-3 seasons. However, I'm willing to pay premium $$ for shark hoodies because I appreciate the design/rarity.

A Bape T-shirt will probably cost you at least $65. The quality in construction and the materials of Bape products is clearly a step up from typical American-mall brands, but whether that difference is worth the price increase is subjective. I think of it as the difference between supermarket sushi and quality sushi. Some people are happy with their $5 takeout sushi and think it's crazy anybody would pay $15-$20 for what appears to be the same exact fish/portions at a real restaurant. But if you are able to appreciate the higher quality, the higher price is totally justified. Me, I think supermarket sushi should be fed to dogs. Same argument goes for $100 vs. $1,000 audio speakers, etc. Monster HDMI cables is a different story though.

SnowWolf said:
Depends on what you consider ridiculously expensive. I'm a huge Bape fan but would consider most of their products to be overpriced. I also haven't liked anything in the last 2-3 seasons. However, I'm willing to pay premium $$ for shark hoodies because I appreciate the design/rarity.

A Bape T-shirt will probably cost you at least $65. The quality in construction and the materials of Bape products is clearly a step up from typical American-mall brands, but whether that difference is worth the price increase is subjective. I think of it as the difference between supermarket sushi and quality sushi. Some people are happy with their $5 takeout sushi and think it's crazy anybody would pay $15-$20 for what appears to be the same exact fish/portions at a real restaurant. But if you are able to appreciate the higher quality, the higher price is totally justified. Me, I think supermarket sushi should be fed to dogs. Same argument goes for $100 vs. $1,000 audio speakers, etc. Monster HDMI cables is a different story though.
For some reason, I thought Bape tee's were more expensive. D:

Big Ass Ramp said:
Seriously? That is a crazy deal. I've never seen a micro, in good shape, sell for less than $50. That's a good pick-up.

actually...it is in good shape but has wear and a couple missing screws...
but your right...it works and the screen is in good shape...

there are a few on there for BIN around $40ish shipped...

so not too bad if you don't have a GS near by

mooooose

I wear Bape and unlike the raw denim debate, it really isn't worth the price.

You're paying for the brand. Not any craftsmanship. At all. Unlike denim where you can spend $300 on a pair of Japanese raws that just ooze with quality.

Luckily I've gotten away with blowout sales and just buying stuff for cheap, so the most I've spent is like $150 on a jacket, $60 for a button down, $40 for a shirt, and $20 for a beanie. Which is fair. I pay for designs. Sharks are hype. I can't believe people would still be raving about them. Euch.

We're off that. It's all about Bape plaid and classy pieces.

Also Bape costs more in Japan IIRC. There are plenty of places online to find it for cheap, real pieces too. It's not that hard to tell real from fake with some googling, or even just asking someone on a forum. NY and LA stores both have sales and are generally cheaper AFAIK.

purg3

slept with Malkin
29o2ut0.jpg

b4ubet.jpg

Saw Destructoid's "review" of Deadly Premonition and couldn't resist, the beer will assist in the enjoyment of the game.

Big Ass Ramp said:
Wait, you got a Micro for $30? WHERE AND HOW PLEASE

I don't know if you saw an earlier post of mine but I've picked up a few brand new Micro's at Walmart for $30 last year. I don't go their often so I have no idea if they still have them, but it amazed me how many they had at the time.

FireStarta316

Neo Member
24796_592823060890_21901944_3552507.jpg

Heavy Rain was amazing, I beat it in one day which is pretty rare for me. Just could not put it down. Deadly Premonition not so much. AVP is pretty cool so far.

Chorazin

Desi said:
hey, wait. there is more than one book?

well I feel kind of stupid now.

Just in case he misses your reply:

There is the regular edition of 2666 which is just one massive book, and a special edition which breaks it up into three smaller ones in a slipcase.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
HNI_0004.jpg

Customer traded it in and I snatched it up right away. Faceplate Screen is scratched but besides that its in pretty decent condition. Also Grabbed FFVAdvance so I would have something to play in it.

Anyone know a place that actually sells replacement faceplates that wont cost an arm and a leg?

Donos

Mercutio said:
Zoidberg is from two months ago, but nobody has to know that. He was in a Futurama Blind-Box from Kidrobot. Got a Bender too. Somehow I got the only ones I really wanted in those two, so I haven't bothered with buying any more.

FebPickup.jpg

Love the Zoidberg figure. Now i have to hunt for one.

I saw a Go in the flesh for the first time the other day. Side by side with a 3000 model it's tiny!! I'd love to get one but the initial price is so off putting.

major_killjoy said:
Asimov needs more love in this world. Have you gone through the Foundation series?

+extra credit for the Heavy Rain purchase. : )
Not yet I'm working on it though. I actually started by picking up Foundation and Earth for 50 cents from a book sale and reading it without realizing it was part of (and the finale) of a series. But I loved it so I decided to do the whole series. I'm going through it as the books were written chronologically. I'm on Pebble in the Sky (which is fantastic) right now and moving on to The Stars, Like Dust next.

Top Bottom