• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

rj118

Cell_Biology said:
Picked up a couple random games. I wanted to try Dawn of Mana for myself.

8zdy0o.jpg

NICE! Have you played 4 Swords Adventures before?

rj118 said:
NICE! Have you played 4 Swords Adventures before?
I haven't, I don't think I ever played the version that came with my A Link to the Past on GBA either. While I don't have enough Gameboy advances for the serious multiplayer, I think I will be happy enough with the single player.

2010-02-11234402-1.jpg

Valentine's day SWAG from the wife

2010-02-21181232-1.jpg

1st Passport. Wife and I are leaving to go to Europe for a cruise today. We are going to Spain, Portugal, Casablanca, Morocco, and I think the Canary Islands. 9 days of no work, no BS and no SFIV. One of those things I am really going to miss :lol

RagolSlayer

Neo Member
tumblr_kyevc79WIa1qajec8o1_500.jpg

Time to close the curtains, dim the lights, and spend the next ten hours sitting in front of my TV.

Shitty pic is the result of DSi camera + shaky hands.

isny

napkin dispenser
Some of my last Feb pickups arrived today!

Bioshock from the $9.99 sale at BB here in Canada, and Cowboy Bebop complete anime legends set as I've been putting it off for awhile and it was on sale!

(Man I spent too much this month, lol)

endoffebpickup5.jpg

beje

Banned
sup GAF, look what came in the mail

10oi2bd.jpg

685zyu.gif

BTW, if anyone wants the code for the Nintendo Club:

R4ZJ BYTK BCBN56MG

beje

Banned
Risible said:
Awesome, thanks!

Edit: It says it's not valid :(.

Looks like somebody was quicker, then :(

Edit: I'm less than an hour in and I already shat a whole building a couple times :lol I'm sooo not playing this with the lights off.

Controls are a little clumsy, but actually intuitive once you get the hang on them.

And if you want a copy, yesasia had them a month ago (when I made the order) though a little pricey (around $65) but with free international shipping. Remember you can get an english patch that will work as region-free as well with your original disk. No need to mod the console or patch isos at all!

BTW, mine came with a Wii Fit Plus ad brochure, so there has been a re-issue not long ago and the game shouldn't be that hard to find.

Wow I post that I got it back in December and no one gave a shit (Fatal Frame 4)

Translation patch for the win, but it can't save the game from the abysmal controls.

Dai101

Banned
WEGGLES said:
Wait... there's a BS2 box with the shrink wrap still on... did you get 2 copies?
Oh no. It's the shrink wrap of the box, i cut it just from the sides so it doesnt falls and keep it that way. It was a bit hard to find here, and all other SE were already sold.

rockmang15

Neo Member
They been pushing for weeks now, "SOON!" then I Miss the release, sheesh. Everything else Square is on sale this week on iphone too!

Solideliquid said:

Xamdou said:
What do you recommended off the menu for someone who has never ate at Chipotle?

Barbicoa Burrito loaded with rice and beans. Chips and Quac side FTW!!

Risible

beje said:
Looks like somebody was quicker, then :(

Edit: I'm less than an hour in and I already shat a whole building a couple times :lol I'm sooo not playing this with the lights off.

Controls are a little clumsy, but actually intuitive once you get the hang on them.

And if you want a copy, yesasia had them a month ago (when I made the order) though a little pricey (around $65) but with free international shipping. Remember you can get an english patch that will work as region-free as well with your original disk. No need to mod the console or patch isos at all!

BTW, mine came with a Wii Fit Plus ad brochure, so there has been a re-issue not long ago and the game shouldn't be that hard to find.

That sucks - you would think someone would post to the thread that they were taking it. Grrrr.

How hard is it to apply the patch? Do I need to jump through hoops to do it? If it's easy then I'm totally in, love the series.

beje

Banned
Risible said:
That sucks - you would think someone would post to the thread that they were taking it. Grrrr.

How hard is it to apply the patch? Do I need to jump through hoops to do it? If it's easy then I'm totally in, love the series.

You just need half a brain cell to follow some easy steps:
Check your Wii menu version to get the correct loader
Get the patch itsef
Copy files into SD card
Access SD Menu/Data Management to trigger the loader installer/uninstaller
Once installed, repeat the previous step to start the loader
Insert original disk
???
Profit.

Risible

beje said:
You just need half a brain cell to follow some easy steps:
Check your Wii menu version to get the correct loader
Get the patch itsef
Copy files into SD card
Access SD Menu/Data Management to trigger the loader installer/uninstaller
???
Profit.

HAH! That's assuming I have half a brain cell :D.

YesAsia claims it's Japan-only. Is there more than one version? Sorry for all the questions...

Edit: Am I correct in assuming the loader allows the game to be region-free? That would explain it.

beje

Banned
Risible said:
HAH! That's assuming I have half a brain cell :D.

YesAsia claims it's Japan-only. Is there more than one version? Sorry for all the questions...

Edit: Am I correct in assuming the loader allows the game to be region-free? That would explain it.

The patch will make it work on PAL and NTSC/UC consoles as well.

desu

Got my new graphics card today, not high end but quite a step up from a Ati 1950pro. Also these cards are freaking long!

11h9xfm.jpg

Machine

I haven't posted anything in ages. Recent pickups include some games, an MST3K set, a very random selection of CDs, and some video-game themed bananas!
pickups2-25-10001.jpg

pickups2-25-10002.jpg

pickups2-25-10003.jpg

Machine said:
I haven't posted anything in ages. Recent pickups include some games, an MST3K set, a very random selection of CDs, and some video-game themed bananas!
pickups2-25-10001.jpg

pickups2-25-10002.jpg

pickups2-25-10003.jpg
Fuck yeah Dolly Parton, the song Jolene is really good.

Travado

eXistor said:
DSC00530.jpg

For those very few people that might be interested: Deadly Premonition is NOT regionfree contrary to some reports I've found. Too bad I can;t play it I was hoping this would be a pretty cool Z-grade game.

Beautiful Heavy Rain Boxart.

The Euro version of Heavy Rain always comes with this particular paper cover simulating rain involving the game, or it is a limited edition?

I hated the generic American cover, thinking to import the Euro one.

naib

PXwch.jpg

Been waiting for a used copy of Bowser's Inside Story, but they always get snatched up. This is actually my 4th 360(thank you tax return!). Haven't had a working 360 for almost a year so I had to grab Fable 2(loving it so far). Heavy Rain, derp.

*obligatory iPhone pic appolgy
edit: actually, I just got the iPhone. But it's my work mobile and didn't cost a cent to upgrade. 16g 3GS. Refurb'd, but you couldn't tell looking at it.

4ZKml.png

Just bought this a cpl hours ago. Thanks PC screenshot thread! :D

-Winnie-

Travado said:
Beautiful Heavy Rain Boxart.

The Euro version of Heavy Rain always comes with this particular paper cover simulating rain involving the game, or it is a limited edition?

I hated the generic American cover, thinking to import the Euro one.

That's the Heavy Rain CE, so I guess you could say it's limited. Very nice box. :)

Adding to the collection-

CIMG0039.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

And my other sticks under the TV stand. The other TE stick is a PS3 one, and the other custom stick is the 360 one.
CIMG0044.jpg

Been wanting a TE for 360 and the $100 price at gamestop was right.

Would be nice to collect all of these TE versions but I'm not that rich.

mehdi_san

Str0ngStyle said:
2010-02-11234402-1.jpg

Valentine's day SWAG from the wife

2010-02-21181232-1.jpg

1st Passport. Wife and I are leaving to go to Europe for a cruise today. We are going to Spain, Portugal, Casablanca, Morocco, and I think the Canary Islands. 9 days of no work, no BS and no SFIV. One of those things I am really going to miss :lol
Casablanca is IN Morocco :(
But yeah enjoy your trip, especially the Moroccan food (the best in the world IMO) :)

dc`

Neo Member
I do believe this is my first pick-up post. It's not much. Also, sorry for the awful pictures. I lost my digital camera a while back and all I have is my phone.

Heavy Rain
heavyrain.jpg

Pink eye. Just what I need after 3 days of being sick. Yuck. I'm going to just go ahead and link this and let you gross yourself out if you must. :D
http://img.rflz.net/pinkeye.jpg

J-Roderton

isny said:
Some of my last Feb pickups arrived today!

Bioshock from the $9.99 sale at BB here in Canada, and Cowboy Bebop complete anime legends set as I've been putting it off for awhile and it was on sale!

(Man I spent too much this month, lol)

endoffebpickup5.jpg

Where did you get the Cowboy Bebop?

isny

napkin dispenser
Jroderton said:
Where did you get the Cowboy Bebop?
It's been out for a couple of months now. I got it from BestBuy.ca here in Canada for $32ish, but I think RightStuf has it for less ($29) if you're in the U.S.

J-Roderton

isny said:
It's been out for a couple of months now. I got it from BestBuy.ca here in Canada for $32ish, but I think RightStuf has it for less ($29) if you're in the U.S.

MUST OWN. But yea, great pick up bro.

mooooose

I'm pretty sure I have a DS case like that by Nyko from when the DS launched. It looks nearly exactly the same but doesn't have the Edgeworth logo on it.

Whee, my first pick-up post! XD
My new HDTV for my room, as family members have hijacked my larger 32-inch model, which is currently downstairs.
id6bmd.jpg

Edit: Woahly overly large picture

outsidah

Loving this game... so refreshing to play something like this

6f77c236.jpg

G1 Stunticon represent!

dbf018d2.jpg

My girl got me a great new coffee maker!

e49607f9.jpg

Triumvir love...

a3d6ee02.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
My pickups for the week:

sackboy premium psn avatar + general knoxx borderlands dlc

knoxx.jpg

Audio Technica AD700 headphones (at last!)

ad700.jpg

itunes music

musicpickups.jpg

I will make a post of all the pick-ups in February later, too much stuff to sort through right now from my Hong Kong trip.

Today's arrivals:

Last copies of both from Ami-Ami:

MYE

Cell_Biology said:
I haven't, I don't think I ever played the version that came with my A Link to the Past on GBA either. While I don't have enough Gameboy advances for the serious multiplayer, I think I will be happy enough with the single player.

IT HAS SINGLE PLAYER?????

*runs off to find a copy*

Top Bottom