• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Alucrid

Banned
maskrider said:
Selvaria and Catherine have arrived, ha ha ! But one set of Catherine pre-order bonus is missing.

http://felixmcli.org/imgs/2011feb-sb-cat.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Two Catherines, awesome. What's the preorder bonus consist of?

angelfly

Is there some new trend I missed on GAF? I see so many people buying both copies of multiplat games lately (specifically MvC3 and Catherine).

Alucrid

Banned
angelfly said:
Is there some new trend I missed on GAF? I see so many people buying both copies of multiplat games lately (specifically MvC3 and Catherine).

MvC3 seems reasonable if you have friends you want to play with on both platforms.

maskrider

HildyB said:
No English subs on Catherine out of the box, right?

No Eng subs, I suppose (haven't opened it yet, still playing my Valkyria Chronicles 3 PSP).

finalozzo said:
selvaria =0, awesome. How much? (and where)

From hmv.co.jp, 8820 yen, shipping 3000 yen (with the 2 games)

Alucrid said:
Two Catherines, awesome. What's the preorder bonus consist of?

Soundtracks and art book (thin)

angelfly said:

I will only buy both copies for games that I think deserve my support, and they are rather rare for me nowadays.

ShinAmano

My wife made this for my birthday:
181540_1898060135068_1348585047_2195713_6541845_n.jpg

She basically took a few old arcade bezels I had lying around in a closet and built a nice wood frame and added lights. Looks great in the TV room.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
ShinAmano said:
My wife made this for my birthday:
181540_1898060135068_1348585047_2195713_6541845_n.jpg

She basically took a few old arcade bezels I had lying around in a closet and built a nice wood frame and added lights. Looks great in the TV room.

oh wow that was really nice of her, looks awesome.

LiK

maskrider said:
Selvaria and Catherine have arrived, ha ha ! But one set of Catherine pre-order bonus is missing.

2011feb-sb-cat.jpg

i got mine from NCS and i thought the same thing. i emailed them about it and the 360 preorder bonus is apparently just two postcards. only the PS3 gets soundtrack/artbooklet. here's mine that i posted a few pages back. postcard is below the 360 version.

CatKat.jpg

maskrider

LiK said:
i got mine from NCS and i thought the same thing. i emailed them about it and the 360 preorder bonus is apparently just two postcards. only the PS3 gets soundtrack/artbooklet. here's mine that i posted a few pages back. postcard is below the 360 version.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/likchan/Pick-ups/CatKat.jpg

The Art book/Soundtracks bundles with 360 version in a pack, the PS3 version is separate in my situation.

The pre-order bonus should be the same from what I read when I ordered them (and from what I've read from others who received the stuffs), I'd sent a message to HMV JP anyway.

LiK

maskrider said:
The Art book/Soundtracks bundles with 360 version in a pack, the PS3 version is separate in my situation.

The pre-order bonus should be the same from what I read when I ordered them (and from what I've read from others who received the stuffs), I'd sent a message to HMV JP anyway.

oh, interesting. that's what i thought i read when i preordered too. NCS never screwed with my preorder bonuses so i don't think they were lying. makes me wish i preordered the different versions from different stores. seems like ordering both from one place means one bonus.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Where is everybody getting those Mother figures from? I looked on eBay and most of them are priced between 35 and 50 dollars per figure. Are people really paying that much for them?

rainking187 said:
Where is everybody getting those Mother figures from? I looked on eBay and most of them are priced between 35 and 50 dollars per figure. Are people really paying that much for them?
That and sources/friends in japan, they come out of a crane game arcade machine.

ShinAmano

lowrider007 said:
oh wow that was really nice of her, looks awesome.
Yeah it was pretty sweet. They probably would have spent their life in my closet had it not been for her. She has done stuff like this before where she grabbed a bunch of old photos from a spring break long past and made a scrapbook for me. She gave it to me during a Christmas get together that everyone in the book was at...she got some bonus points for that one ;)

JackEtc said:
Well, I mean, my parents are the ones who are putting money down on it , but I'll be the one using it the most and paying for gas.
So they bought the car and own it.

Appreciate how fantastic the opportunity you receiving is. Don't be the douche at a private college who thinks his life is so hard yet sits on a trust fund and parent paid tuition. I guess my pet peeve in life are people who have all the advantages but act as if they have none. (Not attacking you, just ranting).

I own a '06 Jetta TDI currently. Really enjoy the car (was a bitch to find it in manual, though), but sometimes the electronics can be annoying. Things beep and flash constantly, and yes, I take incredible care of it. Still, great car.

JackEtc

Foxtastical said:
So they bought the car and own it.
Correct. It is a third family car, but since our other two cars are a van and a truck, this will be the car I'm driving. I'm just surprised they ended up buying this car, seeing as it's more a sports car than a normal sedan....
Foxtastical said:
Appreciate how fantastic the opportunity you receiving is. Don't be the douche at a private college who thinks his life is so hard yet sits on a trust fund and parent paid tuition. I guess my pet peeve in life are people who have all the advantages but act as if they have none. (Not attacking you, just ranting).
I understand your rant, and I feel you. Even in high school there's still the douche bag kids that get a Camero for their birthday, and it really irks me. I'm super appreciative of this car.
Foxtastical said:
I own a '06 Jetta TDI currently. Really enjoy the car (was a bitch to find it in manual, though), but sometimes the electronics can be annoying. Things beep and flash constantly, and yes, I take incredible care of it. Still, great car.
I did hear about there being electronic issues with the Jettas. I was considering upgrading the head unit, but now I don't think I'm going to touch it.

Yami

Went shopping today, got some good deals.

2hd2xl0.jpg

Pretty awesome One Piece t-shirt from Uniqlo. They had some Japanese anime/games inspired designs, such as Naruto and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. This was easily the best t-shirt.

2ep0lyh.jpg

Close-up:
htgy8w.jpg

Navy Hollister polo.

30rxo47.jpg

Went to Bershka, grabbed a bargain blazer for £10. Was like £30 beforehand I think.
2d9e0qe.jpg

63x7wy.jpg

Got some jewellery from Topman, Krispy Kreme Donut along the way, and a delicious lunch at this Malay restaurant along the restaurants around Westfield.

25hpci1.jpg

A great day, haha.

eXistor

rainking187 said:
...yes.

I do get them in sets of 5 or whatever, then they're relatively cheaper. I'm still paying way too much, but I just can't leave these figures alone.

Alucrid

Banned
JackEtc said:
Correct. It is a third family car, but since our other two cars are a van and a truck, this will be the car I'm driving. I'm just surprised they ended up buying this car, seeing as it's more a sports car than a normal sedan....

I understand your rant, and I feel you. Even in high school there's still the douche bag kids that get a Camero for their birthday, and it really irks me. I'm super appreciative of this car.

I did hear about there being electronic issues with the Jettas. I was considering upgrading the head unit, but now I don't think I'm going to touch it.

I always find it funny meeting people who think they're gods gift to the earth while driving a Mustang, Camero, Charger, Challenger, etc.

JackEtc

Alucrid said:
I always find it funny meeting people who think they're gods gift to the earth while driving a Mustang, Camero, Charger, Challenger, etc.

Haha, yeah. AMERICUH.

Lucky for me, my parents aren't really hardcore American car people, and neither am I. We were originally trying to find a Subaru, but when that thing pulled in, it all changed.

I'm really happy nonetheless.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
More goodies to liven up my day.

Uj5Vj.jpg

The back is the platinum Club Nintendo pins for Japan from this year, then in front of it a Donkey Kong Game & Watch.

Flanked by a couple of those Mother 2 toys (finally got tired of losing endlessly on the annoying machine and just bought them for 1100 each at a manga shop).

Mr. Saturn in the trash-can is stuffed :3-

moop2000 said:
Pikachu N64 at a thrift store. I'm gonna flip it but I may have overpaid at $29.99. Goddamn is this thing gaudy as hell.
IMG_0966.jpg

Ahh remember the good old days of GAF where IGN (I think it was them) was hinting and teasing at the new N64 redesign and everyone was expecting some sleek, slimmer new model and instead we got THAT.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
Extollere said:
Gawd... all that on one trip? I see you are a pretty big fan of Oyari Ashito, Decoppachi, Tony, NiseMIDI, Digital Lover, Nendo., and Clesta (among other things). Clearly you are a man of refined taste.

It's not every day I get to go to Japan. Have to make every day count (by buying everything I see) :D

Getting it all home now though...that was the problem lol. The $400 excess baggage fee stung a bit. >.>

plc268

hcDVp.jpg

Google CR-48

Got it earlier this month as a complete surprise. Hardware-wise, it's pretty nice, but Chrome OS has a long way to go to be a viable OS for netbooks.

uJtOT.jpg

I just recently finished watching The Walking Dead Season 1 and just had to pick this up. This book is HUGE, and I kind wish I bought the individual books instead of the compendium (even if it would've cost more).

vMYs8.jpg

I don't know how I missed Hitman Blood Money, but this game is in my top 10 list of favorite games. So many cool locales and the freedom to do each mission how you want makes it really shine for me.

Yami

edgefusion said:
Nice pickups! I adore Bershka.

Deffo hah. Got some shorts from there last summer, and got my brother a sweet Marvel t-shirt with the Hulk on it for his birthday.

Just wish there was a Bershka nearer to me, rather than the 50 min bus ride it takes to get to Westfield. Oh well, worth the journey for the multitude of other shops anyway.

sikkinixx

moop2000 said:
Pikachu N64 at a thrift store. I'm gonna flip it but I may have overpaid at $29.99. Goddamn is this thing gaudy as hell.
[more cool thrift store finds]

Please take me with you. The only thing I have ever found at a thrift stereo is ratty ass NES systems and pile after pile of PSones ;_;

nilbog21 said:
how are those headphones? Worth 300$ ?

I bought a pair of Solo HD's during Christmas and they have quality bass but their highs and lows could be better. I mostly use them for traveling.

sikkinixx said:
Please take me with you. The only thing I have ever found at a thrift stereo is ratty ass NES systems and pile after pile of PSones ;_;

I don't even show half the shit I get. I'll buy all sorts of flippable stuff.

Chesskid1

Banned
moop2000 said:
IMG_0966.jpg

lol, the way it sticks out to the side like that, looks like a pikachu tumor growing on the n64 :p

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
One Ok Rock said:
It's not every day I get to go to Japan. Have to make every day count (by buying everything I see) :D

Getting it all home now though...that was the problem lol. The $400 excess baggage fee stung a bit. >.>

Where is home? I've always figured that when we travel to Japan next, I'd pick up some books - but given some of those titles - I'd probably prefer to ship them back rather than to travel with them. I've read a few horror stories...

Top Bottom