• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yami

lantus said:
img0508ao.jpg

Damn, I'm jealous man. How much did that set you back?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Label said:

Soon to be turned into my 360 MvC3 stick! :)

Hey if you don't mind, how much did you get the stick for? I've been looking for a cheap stick to play MvsC3 with and wouldn't mind modding this to work with my ps3.

Panty and Stocking OST. Can't believe this only took a week to get to me from Play Asia. Fastest shipping I've ever received from them.

rGEq5.jpg

I'm so late to the party on Cave, but better late than never!

XW4oR.jpg

More Cave love. Feels good to get a game this awesome for £16 after paying £50 for Galuda 2. It's 3 discs as well.

uVPIM.jpg

Bandwagon post. I was getting a bit tired of SF, so MvC is a very welcome change of pace.

HxZuO.jpg

Smokey

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

Fun times will be had this weekend. Can't wait to dive into Killzone 3 with the sharpshooter.

The little shit clerk at gamestop tried to play me. picked up my reservation of bulletstorm and he says that i qualify for a "free reservation" of gears of war 3. Little shit thought he was slick. On the register it clearly said $5.00. I called him out on it and he said oh the $5 is retracted from the total of the game making it cheaper when you pick it up.

I just looked at him...trying to figure out if he really was trying to play me...or did I just have a long day at work. After staring at him for who knows how long he said "Guess I'll take that off"..yeah you will asshole.

Strike

DSCN0564.jpg

Decent haul this month. Had to get Mad Men Season 3 as soon as I finished Season 2. I'm officially hooked. Picked up Mafia II, Alan Wake, and the aftershave for cheap on Amazon. Bandai finally sent my copy of 5 Centimeters Per Second. It came in today. Preordered it back in September. Can't wait to watch it.

Smokey said:
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/dbswisha/IMAG0227.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/dbswisha/IMAG0226.jpg

Fun times will be had this weekend. Can't wait to dive into Killzone 3 with the sharpshooter.

The little shit clerk at gamestop tried to play me. picked up my reservation of bulletstorm and he says that i qualify for a "free reservation" of gears of war 3. Little shit thought he was slick. On the register it clearly said $5.00. I called him out on it and he said oh the $5 is retracted from the total of the game making it cheaper when you pick it up.

I just looked at him...trying to figure out if he really was trying to play me...or did I just have a long day at work. After staring at him for who knows how long he said "Guess I'll take that off"..yeah you will asshole.

I have a feeling he was trying to shift your $5 preorder downpayment on Bulletstorm or Killzone to Gears of War 3, thus making the Gears of War 3 pre-order "free". It's a very common practice at gamestop.

EmmanuelMunoz said:
What is the quality of the blu-ray? I have been hearing mixed things
Only watched the first episode today but it was "good". It definitely looked better than when I remember watching it on Adult Swim. Or maybe I'm just blind and don't notice differences. :p

InfiniteNine said:
Honestly it will still be better than the DVD release especially with them crushing all the episodes onto one disk.
Nah, that Vaseline filter is offensively ugly. I think the DVD looks better.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
_dementia said:
Nah, that Vaseline filter is offensively ugly. I think the DVD looks better.
Well I can take that over the action scenes lines being unrecognizable due to the macro blocking from over compression.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
_dementia said:
And I'll hold out for a less disappointing release.
Good luck with that. If there ever is a better release though I'll buy it, because honestly with the software they used to animate FLCL there should be a perfect transfer easily with-in reach. I mean it's a vector animation tool whose files are easily transfered and scaled properly on the newer HD version of the program.

Alucrid

Banned
LethaL ImpuLse said:
AWESOME Criterion pickups. I saw Still Walking a few weeks ago, one of the greatest slice of life films I've ever seen.

I completely agree, the movie was great.
It feels and flows incredibly natural. It goes from seemingly light hearted to incredibly sad though. The ending man. :( I want to watch it again soon because I feel like you can pick so much up from their earlier conversations after watching the latter half of the movie when you see more into their characters and motives.

YagizY said:
Nice seeing some Criterions in this thread. I have some on the way and I'll be posting mine soon as well!

Awesome. You can never have too much criterion.

Heysoos

VAYLo.jpg

Was hoping I'd get it before I left for my afternoon class, but UPS never came around. As soon as I left, the UPS truck pulled into my neighborhood. ._.

Pride

flamesofchaos said:
I have a feeling he was trying to shift your $5 preorder downpayment on Bulletstorm or Killzone to Gears of War 3, thus making the Gears of War 3 pre-order "free". It's a very common practice at gamestop.

I actually saw the signs up in my local GameStop, he wasn't trying to rip you off. The deal is you get $5 off BulletStorm when you preorder Gears of War 3, so essentially you get the GOW3 preorder for free. Net/net you are saving yourself $5 now if you plan on buying BulletStorm & GOW3 at GameStop.

Alucrid

Banned
Pride said:
I actually saw the signs up in my local GameStop, he wasn't trying to rip you off. The deal is you get $5 off BulletStorm when you preorder Gears of War 3, so essentially you get the GOW3 preorder for free. Net/net you are saving yourself $5 now if you plan on buying BulletStorm & GOW3 at GameStop.

You can always do that then cancel the preorder and get $5 back.

Smokey

flamesofchaos said:

Maybe, but if that was the case then that's all he had to say. I used to work at GS back in my college days as an Assistant Manager, and I know some of the shady shit that goes on at some stores to try and increase their preorder numbers.

Pride said:

This would make sense. It was just weird. I even asked him about it and he didn't say anything about a special going on, otherwise I would've had a different reaction. Doesn't really matter though. I buy my games through Amazon, and the only reason I just got Bulletstorm and the Sharpshooter from GS because I had some store credit.

Paches

It was my birthday this month so I got a few new goodies!

First up, the Razer Blackwidow!

Blackwidow.jpg

Next, the Motorola Atrix 4G! (My first Android phone and loving it)

Atrix.jpg

zmet

Radiant Historia and The Last Unicorn
f4.jpg

Hori Mark III/Master System Commander auto fire pad
f5.jpg

Feels a helluva lot better than the standard Master System pad
Ys I & II Chronicles
f6.jpg

Stooo

Neo Member
February purchases...
DSC_0001.jpg

Been off work with two perforated ear drums (= pain and dizziness and my hearing is ruined) so bought a few bits and pieces to keep me entertained.

The MSI Wind 135DX is a brilliant wee netbook, it's now home to all my emulation needs and hosts stuff like Amplitube 3 for jamming guitar when my hearing comes back. Bought an extra gig of RAM for it too. £160 total!

The Scott Pilgrim stuff was from my wife - I also got the game on PSN.

Ip Man and Wits were a gift from my best mate, while Moulin Rouge, Thirst and Cyborg are old favourites I've upgraded to BD.

Uncharted 2 steelbook was £8 and I bought BFBC2 for the Vietnam DLC.

I also bought two Lego sets. This is for a photography project mainly but, yeah, that's just an excuse as I love Star Wars Lego stuff!
DSC_0005.jpg

Wampa Cave was £28 (rrp £35) while Echo Base was £12 (rrp £25). Need an AT-ST next!

Not shown (cause they're boring) are the new washer dryer, microwave and all-in-one printer as the old ones broke. February has been an expensive month!

a1m

Banned
Why the fuck are those Criterion bd movies locked? I could understand it if they sold them outside US but no, fuck you.

zmet said:
Hori Mark III/Master System Commander auto fire pad
f5.jpg

Feels a helluva lot better than the standard Master System pad
Never seen these before, got a pick from the back of it? I believe you can use Mega Drive controllers on the Master System or is my memory failing with age?

zmet

ResidentDante said:
Never seen these before, got a pick from the back of it? I believe you can use Mega Drive controllers on the Master System or is my memory failing with age?
You can but there are some SMS games that won't work with the Mega Drive/Genesis controller. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Alien Syndrome.

Stooo, that lego set is fantastic! The wampa made me chuckle.
This thread has always wowed me at some of the really cool stuff you all find.

NJQwC.jpg

I apologize for terrible camera quality. Really looking forward to playing DS2. I have been on media blackout for it, and I'm just now at a point I think I'll be able to sit down and play it. Also, my copies of Kid A and Amnesiac finally came in the mail today. Thanks amazon!

sadromeo

Finally joined the 3D gaming / movie scene...

Panasonic 42" 3D Plasma TV:

IMG_9929.jpg

IMG_9931.jpg

IMG_9932.jpg

Can't wait to finally play some PS3 games in 3D...

kikori

Neo Member
Been lurking in the pick-up threads for a while now, but now that I'm able to contribute, here are most of my own recent acquisitions. Some of this stuff I actually got in January, but it took me until just this past weekend to get it all set up to my liking:

A Panasonic 46" plasma and a Yamaha receiver / 5.1 speaker combo set:
UB9Yv.jpg

This is my first HDTV, having upgraded from a 32" tube that was almost 15 years old and a receiver and stereo speakers that were even older. I have no idea why I waited so long to upgrade. The TV stand is new too (as are the unseen carpet and blackout curtains for the room... curse you, sun!).

I got some accessories too...

360 holiday bundle:
Hi7uG.jpg

A couple of games on the cheap:
ZxsK6.jpg

360 wireless controller, Logitech Harmony One, and a little anti-static thingy (my apartment gets really dry in the winter):
6Korh.jpg

Acer Aspire Revo 3700, this little guy is my new home theater PC:
i7Zla.jpg

And lastly, a Corsair HS1 USB headset for my gaming PC:
q6jQ8.jpg

Top Bottom