• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
Yes Boss! let's hang out man.
:)

Too bad about crapcom store. Got burned on them years ago and learned my lesson. Such a shit store for such an awesome company, a real shame.

For friday pick-ups, went J-PSN shopping. Got some of my most cherished titles from my high school years for play on my PSP.

Valis Super-CD (fuck that shit Genesis version):

ce73011f.jpg

And Aldynes, a game I owned for the Supergrafx, but have not played for nearly two decades:

86a57dce.jpg

Loxley

After wearing some sort of variation of these shoes for the last four years, I decided that at long last it was time for something new. So, I have now joined the Converse club;

I'm really liking them, I have long and narrow feet, so they're a good fit :) Plus it' just refreshing to look down at my feet and not see brown for once.

I picked up Beauty & The Beast on Blu-ray as part of Amazon's combo deal with the Tangled Blu-ray pre-order, it's fucking gorgeous. I'm now on a quest to buy the rest of Disney's catalog on BR.

Annndd a few iTouch games, amongst them Real Racing 2, which is probably the best game I've played on the platform, excellent production values and easy to get into, loving it.

I also picked up N.O.V.A. 2, Star Battalion, and Battleheart <-- Awesome as well.

LiK

jaekwon15 said:
Does this game support English text/audio? Is it playable for us people who can not speak or read Japanese?
Nope, all Japanese except for some menus. Probably better playing it and figure it out blind. It seems insane either way.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hey Yes Boss, have you had a chance to play Virtual On yet? I didn't even know there was a new one until I saw it, but I'm suddenly intrigued...

zorbsie

Can't wait to play this all weekend.
2q89009.jpg

A quick comparison with the halo 3 helmet.
1ghnk1.jpg

And just like the halo 3 helmet, there is a slot for your games. I didn't know about this.
eracko.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Auron_Kale said:
And picked these up on the way home:
IMG_3039.jpg

Also, for those wondering about the jungle green DS3, it's light green on top and dark green on the bottom (not black).
I like that exploitation style cover for Out of Sight... it's way more appropriate than the generic action movie cover the DVD had.

BocoDragon said:
I like that exploitation style cover for Out of Sight... it's way more appropriate than the generic action movie cover the DVD had.

Definitely. I have a copy of the book with the same cover as the BD - just much interesting and fitting for the story. Every time I'd take out my DVD to watch it, I hated looking at the cover because it was so...blah looking.

And yes, sparky2112, I totally agree with you on JLo's role in the movie...

BocoDragon

Auron_Kale said:
Definitely. I have a copy of the book with the same cover as the BD - just much interesting and fitting for the story. Every time I'd take out my DVD to watch it, I hated looking at the cover because it was so...blah looking.

And yes, sparky2112, I totally agree with you on JLo's role in the movie...
Now we just need Jackie Brown on blu and the Ray Nicolette HD duology will be complete! :D

BocoDragon said:
Now we just need Jackie Brown on blu and the Ray Nicolette HD duology will be complete! :D

Yes! Loved that movie so much, though ashamed to admit that I never bought it on DVD...

I'll have to netflix-it sometime...

BocoDragon

Auron_Kale said:
Yes! Loved that movie so much, though ashamed to admit that I never bought it on DVD...

I'll have to netflix-it sometime...
It's awesome.. one of Tarantino's best.

I just watched Coffy which is oldschool Pam Grier.. and that's where a lot of the music and style was nabbed from. I liked it.

Some thrift store finds (thanks for the marker pricing Goodwill!) All for about $60
IMG_0936.jpg

How abut this weird thing in a thrift store?
IMG_0937.jpg

Here's the plaque on it:
IMG_0939.jpg

When I was opening this I expected to find some type of Game Boy. Imagine my surprise when this little fella popped out. I had never played it before and I need to replace the internal battery it's kinda cool.
IMG_0940.jpg

angelfly

mintylurb said:
I got it for cheap. Only paid around 170 bones.

How is hyperdimension?
Not that far into it but so far I'm having fun with it. I really like the battle system and the different ways you can customize it. I'll be digging into it a lot this weekend.

WEGGLES

LethaL ImpuLse said:
You really don't fucking understand how much I envy you right now.
Tickets are still available!

Or, geographically, is it not feasible to go to one of their shows? :{

WEGGLES

the nightman cometh said:
Excited to see The Pogues but the real attraction is that the best new band in years Titus Andronicus is opening for them

2011-02-18_22-54-08_751.jpg
Hahaha. If I were going, I'd be in the same boat. LOVE Titus Andronicus.

_dementia said:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5017/5457941946_b535fd36a9_z.jpg[IMG]

wood side panels for my TE[/QUOTE]
damn that looks CLASSY. i need to make my te stick pretty D:

... i also need to mod my se stick too.

eXistor

the nightman cometh said:
Excited to see The Pogues but the real attraction is that the best new band in years Titus Andronicus is opening for them

2011-02-18_22-54-08_751.jpg
Titus Andronicus may be one of the best new bands around (they really are), but the Pogues are one of the greatest bands of all time. Incredible combo btw, I'm kinda jealous....

Kagari said:
Picked this up today!

car.jpg

My Lexus says Hi! :)

nyio0o.png

Luckily, I wasn't in it! House was burgled and they got my car keys unfortunately :-(

Still remember posting the first pic on gaf, hyped that I'd got it...

Damn I loved that car.... *sniff* *man-tears*

They took other stuff from the house as well, so it's been a month for new/replacement pickups unfortunately. I'll post some other pics in a bit...

Aruarian Reflection said:
Damn man, I have the same car and would hate to see that. So they burgled your house and stole the car key but smashed the car when they drove away?

Yep, Found my spare key, drove off with some of my kit in the back, and it was found 2 days later in that state. Insurance has assessed her, and it's a total-loss, so to repair would cost more than the worth of the car...

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
Hey Yes Boss, have you had a chance to play Virtual On yet? I didn't even know there was a new one until I saw it, but I'm suddenly intrigued...
Checked it out for a few minutes. Seems cool enough but I'm no authority on the game. Looks like VOOT graphically but aparently this is not as good of game, for whatever reason.

Just bought it to put it on the shelf for a few years since I don't have my arcade stick...and the set was very, very classy.

Cheap, though. Standard edition is only $50 and is region-free.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
chadderbox77 said:

Do you have any more impressions of this? Or more pictures of the monitor on and attached to the system? I've always been interested in this but could never pull the trigger.

Took over a month for these to get here, I sent Amazon.co.uk an e-mail about it a few days ago and they refunded my order, and then it shows up at my door a couple of days afterwards. :D

308xssj.jpg

282jklf.jpg

2eb47x2.jpg

Bro surprised me with MVC3 and I bought some Blu-Rays.
2Ci5J.jpg

Got my first laptop. Nothing special about it. Was under $400 and beats having my old dinosaur of a pc I had for about 6 years. Love it so far.
lyTNF.jpg

Asparagus

eXistor said:
Some stuff I got this last month I wasn't able to post because of a busted pc.

DSC00797.jpg
Nice pickups, I always liked Rollergames. It's kind of janky but I always like coming back to it for whatever reason.

Top Bottom