• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

WEGGLES

Gummifaust said:
Actually I didn't want to buy it right away but well...

epick.jpg
Where do you get a real yarn kirby like that?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I've always wanted to post in one of these threads :D

Picked up A Game of Thrones after checking out the re-read thread in the Off-topic section. Heard good things about Hyperion too. Too bad the HBO advertisement on the cover of A Game of Thrones isn't a sticker...

pi2K2l.jpg

CryptiK

V5U2O.jpg

Samsung C7000 was getting the Pana but didnt get approved for the full amount on interest free loan. Fucking fantastic Plasma the visuals are crisp as is the 3D and using 2D to 3D is awesome. No one comment on the speakers they are there because the TV is faulty and is being replaced next week the speakers in the TV are borked.

filipe

Label said:
Oh my God I have those shoes!

(Well I got them about 3 years ago)

This just came in the mail:

WP_000033.jpg

Time to mod my arcade stick over the weekend yay!

What do you mean? How are you going to mod it exactly?

I would love to hear some impressions from all the people who bought the PS Move sharpshooter.. still deciding whether it's actually useable controlwise or if it's just going to end up at my local goodwill in 3 months ;)

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
And a couple more books from Amazon.jp. The VI one is really cool, lots of Amano art. The VIII one is actually a book full of stickers, all kinds of different stuff like memory card seals and all that. None of them are even missing!

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG

mehdi_san

Yoji Shinkawa madness incoming. I went to the art expo at Konami HQ in Tokyo with cvxfreak the other day, I grabbed these 2 lithographs:
MGS2
2ch2qmv.jpg

MGS3
2ajopqv.jpg

I also grabbed the 3 artbooks (MGS series, ZOE series, sketches)
24eaucz.jpg

A few clear files and badges
28sy0kg.jpg

A set of post cards
23jpv1g.jpg

Also, the MGS PW artbook that just came out last week (the 2nd one is for another GAFfer)
309rgxh.jpg

And finally, a bit LTTP on both: Ninokuni DS and Catherine PS3 :)
9qydrq.jpg

naoki5001

Finally went out and bought Virtual On Force for the 360. It had been 6000 yen new for a while now (despite being released at the end of December). Went to go check out the 3DS at Geo tonight and saw that it was 5000 yen now.

BTW, 3DS still in large quantities locally.

DSC02102.jpg

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

Art book is crazy awesome.

Yes Boss!

Ain't it! That was the one thing about the collection that was the most impressive for me. Even had all the US boxarts, the different versions of all the twin sticks. Totally cool.

naoki5001

Yes Boss! said:
Ain't it! That was the one thing about the collection that was the most impressive for me. Even had all the US boxarts, the different versions of all the twin sticks. Totally cool.

I'm not a big fan of the series, but after seeing the pics of this package when this thing went on sale, I had to buy one, but couldn't come down on the initial LE price. I think I'm lucky to find a new LE at this point. :)

Anyways, flipping through the book at my desk right now...I need more books like this for other series!

Yes Boss!

Likewise, don't play the series either. Same thing...saw the pretty sega edition in photos and just had to go for it for my collection. Paid about $100 from amazon japan, not too breaking.

Art book is fricken awesome, though. Will definitely flip through it every few years. Just got such cool documentation...photos of the arcade machines, adverts.

IMG_3311.jpg

Bowser's Inside Story: From Amazon Warehouse deals. Description reading is key ^_^ Now I'm pleased I passed up on the one(s?) with "large damage to outer casing".
I hope I have not misplaced that TV liscensing scare letter.

IMG_3312.jpg

Slayers Try and Slayers Next boxsets: Yay, thin. Amazon Marketplace sellers...now would Slayers Season 1 hurry up (I got it from the same sellers I got Next from and only got a dispatch notice for that, I've contacted them about it...) so I can actually watch these...nearly forgot the blub on the back is the best part "From the director of Battle Vixens and Shana".

IMG_3313.jpg

Chrono Trigger: Random Morrisons find. I was under the impression Morrisons had cleared all of these years ago for £6 or £7. P.S. To US GAF, for some reason the European copy is kind of rare as its not a case of look anywhere and you'll find it for $20 like in America.

Tyrion81

Neo Member
Well after about a year of browsing these threads, and being jealous and envious of everyone in here I finally get to post. I've been on a retro kick lately and this month has been pretty good to me, with finding a lot of great deals at some local used game shops.

PickUpThread001.jpg

PickUpThread004.jpg

PickUpThread005.jpg

PickUpThread003.jpg

PickUpThread002.jpg

And finally the two grabs that I am most pleased with. Grabbed them both for a grand total of $55.

PickUpThread006.jpg

Slayers! That's some OG shit right there. First anime I was exposed to in fact. Everything mehdi_san posted is killer as well. I am straight jealous.

Did my part and picked up TO today:

plBE5.jpg

naoki5001 said:
Finally went out and bought Virtual On Force for the 360. It had been 6000 yen new for a while now (despite being released at the end of December). Went to go check out the 3DS at Geo tonight and saw that it was 5000 yen now.

BTW, 3DS still in large quantities locally.

DSC02102.jpg

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

Art book is crazy awesome.
That's a lovely haul.

DeadRockstar said:
Did my part and picked up TO today:

Am I right in thinking all those extras are in all of the UK copies of the game or is it just the first print? Trying to figure out whether to buy the game now or wait for a while.

Tyrion81 said:
Well after about a year of browsing these threads, and being jealous and envious of everyone in here I finally get to post. I've been on a retro kick lately and this month has been pretty good to me, with finding a lot of great deals at some local used game shops.

Epic Pickup
God damn you got TONS of good stuff right there! :O

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Am I right in thinking all those extras are in all of the UK copies of the game or is it just the first print? Trying to figure out whether to buy the game now or wait for a while.

I'm fairly sure it's only the first print run. That's why I jumped in now as well actually, just to make sure.

Fake edit: Did a check to make sure, few places have a press release saying first run only. Here it is on SE members.

mehdi_san

It's here! It's blue! It's in 3D! But I have no games :( Maybe I'll grab Layton tomorrow, but to be honest, I'm just waiting for MGS3D now... Hurry up Kojima :(
se69go.jpg

Wazzim

Banned
mehdi_san said:
It's here! It's blue! It's in 3D! But I have no games :( Maybe I'll grab Layton tomorrow, but to be honest, I'm just waiting for MGS3D now... Hurry up Kojima :(
http://i53.tinypic.com/se69go.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Does the effect hurt after a while?

A couple more SNES games. No more big lots, picking and choosing now. Also got Crystalis.

Playing through Super Metroid for the first time ever right now. About 5 hours in, such an amazing game.

For the last month I have barely touched my 360 and PS3, feels so good to be playing a ton of NES and SNES.

Fixed image.
103_0317.jpg

mehdi_san

Wazzim said:
Does the effect hurt after a while?
I've been messing around with the AR cards and the camera for an hour or so, no problem so far. But I wasn't staring at the screen all the time. I would need to try and play some retail game for a long time to be sure.

expy

Banned
Picked up a display cabinet for my figures and CE boxes...
GMhBH.jpg

Kirino Figure from HOBBYSEARCH
QyMOD.jpg

Also Neptunia finally arrived... 9 days after release.
D1elG.jpg

Not pictured: ME2

Kalnos

Banned
So, I've also been picking up SNES games as of late, rebuilding a collection that I sold most of when I was like 12 (and traded in for PS1, a good and bad decision :( ). Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations on what to store SNES games in? I have dust covers, but I still need something solid to put them in.

With that said, I think with Earthbound, Megman X3, and Dracula X pickups I have most of the 'rare' i.e expensive games that I desire. I'll try to post a pick of the 50 or so games I've gotten in the past few months if I can.

styl3s said:
Great deal, my target clearance isle = not clearance, last week they had bayonetta for 54.99.. pretty sure the msrp is cheaper then that now, cheapest games i have seen at my target on "clearance" were 29.99
I used to work at Target so here is the deal about Target clearance. Each store controls their own clearance. Just cause CAG says it is one price, doesn't mean that the price in your local store is the same thing. But he is correct, that Target clearance owns when you get them on the right day

angelfly

P1010896.jpg

Realized I've been neglecting mixi and lang-8 so this should help me get back into the swing of things.
Str0ngStyle said:
I used to work at Target so here is the deal about Target clearance. Each store controls their own clearance. Just cause CAG says it is one price, doesn't mean that the price in your local store is the same thing. But he is correct, that Target clearance owns when you get them on the right day
The CAG thread (which I use often) clearly states that in the OP

Kalnos said:
So, I've also been picking up SNES games as of late, rebuilding a collection that I sold most of when I was like 12 (and traded in for PS1, a good and bad decision :( ). Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations on what to store SNES games in? I have dust covers, but I still need something solid to put them in.

With that said, I think with Earthbound, Megman X3, and Dracula X pickups I have most of the 'rare' i.e expensive games that I desire. I'll try to post a pick of the 50 or so games I've gotten in the past few months if I can.

I have found this tower to work great and it holds a ton of games: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UOPRPC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Here is what it looks like with games:
103_0287.jpg

angelfly said:
P1010896.jpg

Realized I've been neglecting mixi and lang-8 so this should help me get back into the swing of things.

The CAG thread (which I use often) clearly states that in the OP
Thank god for that. I remember the days when it did not say that

Top Bottom