• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Couple of PSN purchases via a PSN card from #1 GAFer, Yes Boss! <3
DSC00208.jpg

DSC00211-1.jpg

Some anime
DSC00216-1.jpg

Couple of games (DJ Max Clazziquai "only" took 13 days to arrive from Playasia using the cheapest shipping option - a marked improvement from my last orders which took 4-8 weeks. Worth noting for those who placed recent orders with them)
DSC00215-1.jpg

angelfly said:
Damn, you're right. Last time I remember reading about them it was said because of the Sandy Bridge issue they were delayed until April. I guess they cut the delay short.

yes it is the new sandy bridge model that came out today...sorry I wasn't clear in my posting...was a little too excited and I always share my pickups

Namius

Litflynt912 said:
yes it is the new sandy bridge model that came out today...sorry I wasn't clear in my posting...was a little too excited and I always share my pickups

Congrats on the purchase! I was a little disappointed to see they didn't do the OSX installation on SSD, but that i5 and HD webcam are pretty sweet.

Namius said:
Congrats on the purchase! I was a little disappointed to see they didn't do the OSX installation on SSD, but that i5 and HD webcam are pretty sweet.

Thanks...lol...I'm not as "impressed" as some (used to work there) but this is a decent spec bump to get the mac's on par with the rest of the industry (especially the 15" and 17" models)

I think once the 256GB SSD's drop to reasonable levels (>$200) then upgrading the 13" will be a nice way to make it a power house.

JEKKI

whooo~!!! picked up the last copy!!!

h29ZZ.jpg

gotta get my first print limited DLC on!!! ^_^v

ResidentDante said:
That Oswald "teddybear" looks great. What's the size compared to a dvd cover in height?
I measured it, a DVD height is about the bottom if his feet to the lower base of his arms, so overall over 2 DVD cases high (taking ears into consideration)

set me back like $16.xx fyi

akilshohen said:
Did you get those from an auction site? I'm actually looking to offload a mint pair of those that are too small for me to wear.
Yep. From eBay. Paid only $25 for an authentic pair. What size are yours?

moop2000 said:
Another thrift store massacre. I'm not 100% on the value of these so any insight would be great. All of them are sealed. There is one Seaquest cart open but the rest have the SEGA sticker still intact. Were Mega Drive Carts sealed in plastic too?

The Great Waldo Search on SNES! I totally remember playing that as a kid. Classic. Nice haul.

Namius said:
This 3'x1' space essentially sums up my hobbies give or take a few things. Just added the SOTC artwork after being inspired by a previous pick up post. Many thanks to whoever that was.

IMG_0073.jpg

I'm digging that framed SOTC picture, very nice.

B.K.

qhfLX.jpg

I also got Final Fantasy IX and Xenogears off the PSN. I meant to get Final Fantasy VIII, but somehow accidentally bought IX instead. I also got Dragon Quest VI, but forgot about it.

Yuripaw

Banned
@psycho17

Since you're the last person to post Hyperdimension Neptunia I must know...how is this game? I have been tempted to get it for a while, but usually those NIS games don't sit well with me because of their gameplay. This one caught my interest though because of how the battle system looked in the trailer.

isny

napkin dispenser
moop2000 said:
- The lot of playable trading cards was about $50. That one is probably worthwhile as the cards number about 6000. The different kinds of cards are Dark Ages, Heresy Kingdom Come, Illuminati, Middle Earth, etc.

I hope you don't get burned on those cards. I used to work in the industry and recycled many more than that as the resale value on anything but a very small fraction of trading cards is nothing.

Seems like you do pretty well though with thrift stores. I'm in one of the largest cities in Canada and we have only 4-5 here and they never get anything game related.

Rubius

7RNk5.jpg

Birds of Prey : God the Acting is awful... decent otherwise...
999:I hope its as good everybody say !
TBBT:I LOVED the 2 other season, just laugh my ass off...
Alien Quadrilogy:Always wanted that set. Never watched a Alien movie before also.
Ape Escape 3: 2$! 2$!
And just bought Ape Escape 1 Mint and black label on Ebay.

isny said:
I hope you don't get burned on those cards. I used to work in the industry and recycled many more than that as the resale value on anything but a very small fraction of trading cards is nothing.

Seems like you do pretty well though with thrift stores. I'm in one of the largest cities in Canada and we have only 4-5 here and they never get anything game related.

I found these on ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130489853004&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
and I have the same amount of them so this may be the saving lot that keeps me afloat with these.

Tabris

Namius said:
This 3'x1' space essentially sums up my hobbies give or take a few things. Just added the SOTC artwork after being inspired by a previous pick up post. Many thanks to whoever that was.

office3.jpg

You're welcome :)

psycho17

Yuripaw said:
@psycho17

Since you're the last person to post Hyperdimension Neptunia I must know...how is this game? I have been tempted to get it for a while, but usually those NIS games don't sit well with me because of their gameplay. This one caught my interest though because of how the battle system looked in the trailer.
It's not bad. The combat is interesting once you figure out the combo system which I feel like I've already broken though, and the story and characters are somewhat interesting.
I like it though. It's oddly addicting so I can't stop playing it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Namius said:

IMG_0073.jpg

Okay, where are people finding a high-rez enough version of this picture to print out?

styl3s

Nintendo Playstation said:
I found pure awesome in the Target clearance section!

1z1u61g.jpg
Great deal, my target clearance isle = not clearance, last week they had bayonetta for 54.99.. pretty sure the msrp is cheaper then that now, cheapest games i have seen at my target on "clearance" were 29.99

Spike

Takao said:
That's a FutureShop tag, it's a Canadian chain owned by Best Buy. I can't imagine there's too many in Quebec.

Yeah, I noticed his profile after I posted that. I wish it was available in Toronto for that much.

seady

Litflynt912 said:
just got back to work with my new pro
base 13" model...with tax it was 1181 with the friends and family discount
will def hold me over until the pro revamp later this year/early next

aG7yfl.jpg

Hopefully this is the new Pro they announced/refreshed yesterday.

kiryogi

Banned
The hell. I thought something was funny. My summer wars bluray never came with a slipcase D: Got it from Amazon too. I remember looking at the preview image and it was of the slipcase... But the real thing comes, no slipcase and it's the japanese cover instead. Which I don't mind completely, but slipcases are nice!

JEKKI said:
I measured it, a DVD height is about the bottom if his feet to the lower base of his arms, so overall over 2 DVD cases high (taking ears into consideration)

set me back like $16.xx fyi
Thanks, I ordered one! :D

Takao

Banned
kiryogi said:
The hell. I thought something was funny. My summer wars bluray never came with a slipcase D: Got it from Amazon too. I remember looking at the preview image and it was of the slipcase... But the real thing comes, no slipcase and it's the japanese cover instead. Which I don't mind completely, but slipcases are nice!

Funimation has a free sign up sheet to get a slipcase if yours didn't.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Kotomi said:
Do you have any pictures of the Kakashi figure out of the box?

These sexy things came in the mail today.

6N3pA.png

Oh my God I have those shoes!

(Well I got them about 3 years ago)

This just came in the mail:

WP_000033.jpg

Time to mod my arcade stick over the weekend yay!

Zwei

I meant to get Final Fantasy VIII, but somehow accidentally bought IX instead.

Ach, that sucks. I mean, FFIX is a good game, but with digital purchases, you can never 'take it back', as you could with physical copies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Zwei said:
Ach, that sucks. I mean, FFIX is a good game, but with digital purchases, you can never 'take it back', as you could with physical copies.

Why would you ever wanna give FFIX back ? ;-)

Top Bottom