• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

my pick ups for the month:
tSvGS.jpg

woober said:
Hajime no Ippo figurine from AmiAmi
Cool figurine. I really really wish someone would release Hajime no Ippo on DVD in the United States. Really liked the anime, but I haven't watched the New Challenger series yet...

woober

Easystride said:
Cool figurine. I really really wish someone would release Hajime no Ippo on DVD in the United States. Really liked the anime, but I haven't watched the New Challenger series yet...

I enjoyed the 1st season so much I went on to read the manga, which of course ruined a lot of the suspense in New Challenger for me, but I still enjoyed it. Did you watch the first season in English or Japanese? You could always watch it (EDIT:) subbed.

woober said:
I enjoyed the 1st season so much I went on to read the manga, which of course ruined a lot of the suspense in New Challenger for me, but I still enjoyed it. Did you watch the first season in English or Japanese? You could always watch it dubbed.
I watched the subtitled version. I didn't even know it got a dub! Cool. I really want to watch New Challenger, but I may hold out a bit longer to see if it gets official subs.

woober

Easystride said:
I watched the subtitled version. I didn't even know it got a dub! Cool. I really want to watch New Challenger, but I may hold out a bit longer to see if it gets official subs.

Whoops! I meant subbed not dubbed. New Challenger got subbed by Saizen & I-O (same group who subbed the 1st season.) It's as official as it gets for me :p.

Man, I've now seen more than a couple people here and elsewhere pick up those glasses. Do they actually, objectively help protect your eyes or are they all just marketing hocus pocus?

fadetoblack said:
Man, I've now seen more than a couple people here and elsewhere pick up those glasses. Do they actually, objectively help protect your eyes or are they all just marketing hocus pocus?

I've been using them for awhile now and they work great! Definitely been less tired and having fewer headaches.

woober

celcius said:
Nice cans, how do you like the sound?

I had the sennheiser rs130 prior to these, and the 598 definitely sound much better. I'm no audiophile, but the bass is deeper (though not overpowering) and everything sounds very clean. I would recommend it if you can get it under $200 (I got it for $170).

Takao

Banned
Easystride said:

It was released on DVD in the US back in 2004 under the name "Fighting Spirit" by Geneon. It sold terribly, and became one of the series people look back at and question why they ever licensed it in the first place, let alone gave it an English Dub.

The 15 individual singles can be bought pretty easily and cheap, but the 2 collections go for a few hundred each.

Sofo

My fiancé has recently bought himself a PS3 Slim and since he has no use for his original one, he gave it to my parents (and by extension, to me). Now I'm a happy owner of a PS3 that is also the first Blu-Ray player.

IMG_3332.jpg

He also brought with him, in this visit, PS3 games that he has duplicated, such as LittleBigPlanet, GTA: IV and GT5: Prologue. So far I'm loving LBP, even though I had already played it, feels nice to do the Story mode!

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

Also, during my last visit to his country his mother was really kind and packed these with me on my luggage. We had a chance to taste them and they were delicious!

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

Sofo

One Ok Rock said:
Your avatar is so cute! And your chocolates so delicious looking. ...D:

We should get married.

EDIT: Dammit! Just noticed you're already getting married. :p

Haha, thanks! At least you can have the chocolates. :)

Yes Boss!

Some Sunday pickups.

Dreamcast Collection for Ulala fun:

f6900f6c.jpg

Bought another US PS2 for use here in euroland (to play Gradius V) and before they get harder to find:

3f9c6866.jpg

And a memory card:

56398c97.jpg

Yes Boss!

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Ah, I want the collection just for that game. :) How does it play compared to the Dreamcast/PS2 version? Is it in widescreen?
Have never played the original DC or the PS2 port but for this one they opened up the play field for 16:9. Game looks fantastic, too. The original CG sequences are windowboxed at 4:3 and are a little bitzy but still look decent. All the gameplay stuff still exists as it did before in the center...they just added stage extensions, so to speak.

5467a52c.jpg

8dd92302.jpg

And, of course, they included a 4:3 mode. That is how I'm playing it.

5a285b48.jpg

Forgot, a friend drove up to brussels last weekend and brought me back eight bottles of my favorite beer in the entire world, Leffe Radieuse...drank those last night!

e88d0457.jpg

Sofo said:
My fiancé has recently bought himself a PS3 Slim and since he has no use for his original one, he gave it to my parents (and by extension, to me). Now I'm a happy owner of a PS3 that is also the first Blu-Ray player.

IMG_3332.jpg

Damn, look at that sexy fat ps3.

Quake1028

Shadybiz said:
Picked these up just a couple of weeks ago, really happy with both so far!

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z435/Shadybiz1/IMAG0069.jpg[/IMG

Edit: Picture replaced due to bad sizing.[/QUOTE]

I have both of those things currently in use. Good choices, sir :D!

schlew

DSCF0542-1.jpg

Birthday month, and among a few other things not pictured, I received 999, SMT: Strange Journey, Nintendo Power, Game Informer, and GamePro. The t-shirt is one I made myself, I go a silk screening kit, and always wanted to have a Grasshopper Manufacture shirt. It's a little rough around the edges, but I'm happy with it.

I got quite a few things recently, but haven't photographed them all.

Here's a quick snap of some recent CAVE stuff.

photo-133.jpg

Ketsuipachi was worth getting, I don't play the regular one now.

Yes Boss! said:
Have never played the original DC or the PS2 port but for this one they opened up the play field for 16:9. Game looks fantastic, too. The original CG sequences are windowboxed at 4:3 and are a little bitzy but still look decent. All the gameplay stuff still exists as it did before in the center...they just added stage extensions, so to speak.

And, of course, they included a 4:3 mode. That is how I'm playing it.

Thank you kind sir, you went above and beyond my expectations for a reply! I am now convinced I need the Dreamcast Collection.

Nose Master

vykuaf.jpg

Kinko's guy was giving me shit for printing it because it's copyrighted characters. Told me to get permission from "Mr. Marvel." Had to come back later when some burner was working :(.

zychi

Banned
Nose Master said:

Kinko's guy was giving me shit for printing it because it's copyrighted characters. Told me to get permission from "Mr. Marvel." Had to come back later when some burner was working :(.
ryu's hand looks like a dong from this angle. it looks like a giant wang is coming out of the back of wolverine's head lol

besides that, cool picture

Xamdou

Nose Master said:
vykuaf.jpg

Can ya share the highest resolution picture of that? Also how much did it cost to print that an Kinko's?

Top Bottom