• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

DJ GT-S

Banned
The street fighter excitement got to me, so I picked up an oldie but goldie.

smewye.jpg

fernoca

Well..quick pic..

24yzds8.jpg

• PlayStation 3
  • PS3 Blutooth Headset
  • PS3 Wireless Keypad
  • PSP
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Resistance 2
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Pixar Short films Collections (Blu-Ray)

Not pictured:
  • PS3 EyeCam (which I used to take the pic :p)
  • Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (PSN)
  • WipEpout HD (PSN)
  • LocoRoco Cocorecho (PSN)
  • Every LBP DLC in the store :)p)

Then, after trade-ins and stuff..only had to pay $60 for everything.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
fernoca said:
Well..quick pic..

http://i43.tinypic.com/24yzds8.jpg[/IMG

[LIST]
[*]PlayStation 3
[*]PS3 Blutooth Headset
[*]PS3 Wireless Keypad
[*]PSP
[*]LittleBigPlanet
[*]Resistance 2
[*]Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
[*]Pixar Short films Collections (Blu-Ray)
[/LIST]

Not pictured:
[LIST]
[*]PS3 EyeCam (which I used to take the pic :p)
[*]Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (PSN)
[*]WipEpout HD (PSN)
[*]LocoRoco Cocorecho (PSN)
[*]Every LBP DLC in the store (:p)
[/LIST]

Then, after trade-ins and stuff..only had to pay $60 for everything.[/QUOTE]
Did you trade in your soul or something? Jeez! Nice pick ups though.

Touchdown

Banned
IMG_1114.jpg

Upon seeing this hat in (i think) last month's thread, I had to get one. Luckily my girl found it for me.

Where did you get this hat??!!! I must have one!!!

Echoes

sf4loot.jpg

bluraysloot.jpg

• Street Fighter IV (Asian Version)
  • Sid Meier's Civilization Chronicles
  • Sins of a Solar Empire Collector's Edition
  • Studio Ghibli: The Great Collection
  • Full Metal Jacket
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Eyes Wide Shut
  • Terminator 2
  • Wall-E
  • The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration
  • How The West Was Won
  • Pixar Short Films Collection
  • The Dark Knight
  • Eastern Promises
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Goodfellas
  • Reservoir Dogs
  • 3:10 To Yuma

To celebrate my singleness, here's a bunch of stuff that I got to make me happy prior to Valentine's Day :lol

My job provided See's candy to all employees:
IMG_0505-1.jpg

Sweater from the Ben Sherman store (it was on sale):
IMG_0506-1.jpg

iTunes giftcard:
IMG_0510.jpg

Some LRG t-shirts:
IMG_0513.jpg

Skate 2 fans may recognize this shirt :
IMG_0512-1.jpg

Sonic & SFIV pre-order bonus (already got one from the SFIV party last January but a few more couldn't hurt):
IMG_0509.jpg

Flower:
IMG_0514.jpg

flOw:
IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Calling All Cars was a freebie from Qore (sorry for the flash):
IMG_0522.jpg

Lumines Classic Pack:
IMG_0523.jpg

The wait for Street Fighter IV is killing me so I went out and bought a new phone to ease the pain:lol

DSC08017.jpg

DSC08023.jpg

DSC08022.jpg

It has Wi-Fi, a 8.1 megapixel camera...all the fun stuff...:D

Mattlikewhoa said:
The wait for Street Fighter IV is killing me so I went out and bought a new phone to ease the pain:lol

DSC08017.jpg

DSC08023.jpg

DSC08022.jpg

It has Wi-Fi, a 8.1 megapixel camera...all the fun stuff...:D

good luck with that phone btw.
use the shit out of it for the first month as it will likely break and se have a decent 30 day early life failure warranty.
Very good phone just early models were built like crap.

Here is my pick up for the month.
pc.jpg

Case, Motherboard, cpu, ram, psu and vga card.
The rest was recycled from my dead PC. RIP.

My first ever build, didn't have a clue what I was doing but it works. :)

Bii

3279762888_87e4d883b3_o.jpg

Custom Timbuk2 Messenger Bag (Medium)
>>Medium. Ballistic Nylon citron / Ballistic Nylon grey / Ballistic Nylon grey. Liner: grey. Logo: grey. Reflector tails. Super-Grip Strap Pad Tough-Tek.<<
Since I don't have a laptop any more (although I do plan on getting another one later in the year), I don't really need to use my Targus laptop bag any more. Instead, I settled on a messenger bag to take to work, the park, wherever.

3279762594_755dc07779_o.jpg

Timbuk2 Messenger Bag (Medium)
>>Medium. x-Pac black / Covert old gold / x-Pac black. Liner: grey. Logo: black. Reflector tabs. Standard Strap Pad.<<
After placing an order for a custom bag, Timbuk2 had a sale on this. No idea why I bought it but since it was on sale, why not? I'll probably use this one as a back-up to the one above.

3279762448_c882ccea50_o.jpg

Epson 78 black ink
I ran out of black ink while printing some stuff. :(

3278940307_84e1b9a5cc_o.jpg

Chocomii
Got this for the girlfriend for Valentine's Day. Ninetindo... :lol

Gagaman

ArchAngel said:
euotfl.jpg

Awesome Weekend :D
Any impressions on the comfort-to-use factor of those overkill guns? Was thinking of getting one or two of those myself as i don't have any gun shells yet (had a wii zapper and hated it). Does it make it feel more like a proper arcade style gun?

Yes Boss!

Gamecrazy came through with a Tournament Edition preorder. Still waiting on my others from Amazon.

Got a pad as well...pretty nice (but a little light).

P1000082.jpg

P1000085.jpg

Mostly stick or SF related:

KOF 2006 and Hori Real Arcade Pro EX

HRAPEX before button mod:

HRAPEX after button mod (Sanwa white 30mm snap ins):

Madcatz SFIV extravaganza:

Also signed up for a Microsoft Technet Subscription and got a new comforter and sheets for my bed.

My girlfriend got me some Ralph Lauren t-shirts and Usher Cologne (would've rather had some Chris Brown Musk).

Mamesj

Banned
2506lx4.jpg

--Fantastic Planet (La Planete Sauvage) original Japanese theater poster, probably from the late 70s, early 80s. Yes, pretty freaking obscure and when I saw it on ebay, I had to have it. I love the movie. :)

--Mass Effect - $7.98 at Toys R Us. Not a big fan of the game, but at this price, why not?

--Castlevania Double Pack
--Metroid Zero Mission
--Retro Game Challenge
--Resident Evil DS

Not pictured:
--SFIV Madcatz pad (love it)
--Sonic's Genesis Collection (Pretty good)

---***the crown jewel of my pick ups for this month is that unassuming little book to the left of the poster:***

Family Computer 1983-1994!
This is a book put out by the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography that contains pics of every Famicom game released (I bet they missed a few.) Accompanying the notable ones are dual language descriptions in Japanese and Engrish. The more notable games have large descriptions, then there are pages with mini descriptions. The random games just have pics and titles. There are also interviews with Miyamoto and other guys involved in the Famicom. There are even some Sega interviews (like "tell us how much you hated Nintendo back then.")

Here are some pics:

ml1itd.jpg

Right: Takeshi's Challenge - "A Game That Sucked That Bad, That Craved Its Name In The History of the Family Computer" [sic]

Left:Nakayama Miho No Tokimeki High School - apparently a dating sim about calling a teen celebrity. "It was a game that the idol Miho Nakayama would give you her telephone number. We could say that the plot in itself was already a victory for this game." [sic] :lol

2qsncc5.jpg

Some smaller descriptions

5xsgvd.jpg

An interview with the guy who came up with the Famicom programming language, I think.

This book is full of awesomeness. I love reading these and looking through it. And the Engrish is a bonus that I didn't even consider. Sometimes it comes off as very poetic and it always seems to sum the game up perfectly, like with "Spelunker":
"You would die instantly by falling from the height of your own height. You would also die instantly by falling from little steps. You would instantly die by bat shit. So, is such a game feasible? The main character is truly weak, making you wonder this, and this game was labeled as a sucking game, from the love for this character."

"Sucking game," aka games that suck, are a genre of famicom games in japan, or so I heard on retronauts. I had a sneaking suspicion while growing up that this game was fundamentally broken and apparently its legendary in Japan for sucking so hard. This entry really captures the essence of the game...you die from falling off of anything from almost any height (and this is a platformer) and you die from getting shit on by bats.

another big thanks to Cheesemeister for finding this book and shipping it from Japan.

I bought a Wii today! My girlfriend has wanted one for a while and I said I wouldn't buy one until there was 5 games on the system that I really really wanted. Don't know why I was like that, never have been about any other console, and have typically bought everything at launch. I think its kinda because Wii isn't a typical games machine, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I bought a Wii, Wii Play (that comes with a controller), House of the Dead:Overkill and 2x HOTD gun cases. Super awesome! I've ordered Mario Galaxy, Prime 3 and No More Heroes online.

3279425383_5fc5fea117_b.jpg

Bought some clothes today ons ale @ Macy's...

IMGP0425.jpg

IMGP0427.jpg

they left the fucking security tag on the polo shirt... now I have to take it back, yay!

IMGP0430.jpg

and for my sister's wedding next month...

IMGP0423.jpg

let's hope this one lasts.

Top Bottom