• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

ravenstorm said:
Longclaw, sword of Jon Snow from George R. R. Martin's Ice and Fire series (828 of 2500). Got this last month but haven't photographed it until now.
DSC00043s797.jpg
That is unbelievably awesome. Do they sell other swords like Eddard's for instance?

Bunny

Those ninja turtles are so awesome, I still have my loose originals too. Did they remake just the ninja turtles or all the characters?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
XenonOxide said:
Arrived this morning. Such an awesome film, way better than Quantum of Solace in my opinion.

Awesome film. Anything is better than QoS though.

10ndybq.jpg

Rerelease Ninja Turtle action figures? Please tell me these are available in Australia!

Eaten By A Grue said:
That is unbelievably awesome. Do they sell other swords like Eddard's for instance?
This is the first sword they've done and I have to say they did an awesome job with it. They worked with Mr. Martin for about 6 months to get it right. Needle (Arya's sword) is being done next, and that one will be high carbon steel. Longclaw is stainless because of the etchings to give it the Valyrian steel look, and no sharpening option because it looked odd combined with the etched pattern. After Needle, they will be releasing Eddard's sword "Ice" which should be awesome considering the size of it.

You can get it directly from them here and I believe through a few other resellers.

ravenstorm said:
This is the first sword they've done and I have to say they did an awesome job with it. They worked with Mr. Martin for about 6 months to get it right. Needle (Arya's sword) is being done next, and that one will be high carbon steel. Longclaw is stainless because of the etchings to give it the Valyrian steel look, and no sharpening option because it looked odd combined with the etched pattern. After Needle, they will be releasing Eddard's sword "Ice" which should be awesome considering the size of it.

You can get it directly from them here and I believe through a few other resellers.

I don't like the stainless steel stuff. Yeah, it is very much so meant as a wallhanger, but I despise paying oodles of money for what is a essentially a dressed up kitchen knife.

I would like to see Ice as a high carbon blade. I imagined Valyrian steel being more like the folded steel below and less LOTR-esque runes and such.

hamon3.jpg

Freyjadour said:
I don't like the stainless steel stuff. Yeah, it is very much so meant as a wallhanger, but I despise paying oodles of money for what is a essentially a dressed up kitchen knife.

I would like to see Ice as a high carbon blade. I imagined Valyrian steel being more like the folded steel below and less LOTR-esque runes and such.
Yeah, I had imagined Valyrian steel to be more like damascus steel, but that is the design George picked. I would like to see them all as high carbon as well but they've stated that to do high carbon of the quality they want, it would bring the swords well above their target price range. Personally, I would would rather pay a bit more for the high carbon. They may be able to get away with it for Needle because of it's small size.

They have said that it's possible they will be doing $1000 ultra limited editions of these depending on how well they sell.

ravenstorm said:
Yeah, I had imagined Valyrian steel to be more like damascus steel, but that is the design George picked. I would like to see them all as high carbon as well but they've stated that to do high carbon of the quality they want, it would bring the swords well above their target price range. Personally, I would would rather pay a bit more for the high carbon. They may be able to get away with it for Needle because of it's small size.

They have said that it's possible they will be doing $1000 ultra limited editions of these depending on how well they sell.

Exactly. I actually pulled out my books after reading what you had previously posted and they pretty much describe Damascus.

And I have paid much more than 1k for high carbon steel before, so I wouldn't mind.

Also, here's a sharpened, high carbon Heron Mark for just under $300, and Museum Replicas is a pretty decent company: http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-236-heron-mark-sword.aspx

Rufus said:
ravenstorm said:

Awesome, not that bad of a price for a sword either. I hope these sell well enough that they get around to making Ice, I want to see how that turns out.

Hive

Banned
Infernal Monkey!
you are so awesome for the Double Dragon II pick-up~

I had no idea it was put on Gameboy!

2009febpickup01.jpg

Seimitsu buttons and an LS-56 stick for my soon to be mine TE this week.

2009febpickup02.jpg

SFIV 360 Mad Catz Fightpad, iPhone (which was from like late December, lol), Sukiyaki Django Blu-Ray, and my customized Zoom Kobe IV IDs

2009febpickup03.jpg

Hell yeah. I'm gonna grab another pair since these kicks are so damn awesome. BROKEN ANKLES!!! :D

2009febpickup04.jpg

An audio rack from Target.

2009febpickup05.jpg

And those lights are from Target as well. Love them.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
awilliams213 said:
Went to NY Comic-Con I shopped lightly just a few essentials:

What is Scott Pilgrim like? I don't really know anything about it apart from Brandon Routh being in a live action/animated feature film based on it.

ryuen

First time I've ever posted in one of these, even though I always check them out :lol

DSC_0497-1.jpg

2 King Stampede shirts and one freebie from Lucky Lefty's in Sacramento. Definitely check them out if you're in the area. Got a Fightpad as well from Best Buy.

DSC_0503.jpg

400% Stussy Be@rbrick and a black Futura Nosferatu added to the growing collection of crap on my desk. Half off at Stussy SF yessssss.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got my Street Fighter IV Hori (PS3) today too!

Very disappointing!

Nice box though... I can only think of one box that might be better ;)

Here are my pics...

3266866967_52f5e1721e.jpg

3267690528_5bd7cb678d.jpg

3266865401_635038208d.jpg

3266864987_15a496cf33.jpg

3267688720_ffb83d2cd9.jpg

.hacked

XenonOxide said:
Well weirdly its B and C, which I'm guessing is 2 and 3. So its not Region Free. Dont know why its letters for bluray.

thanks, forgot it was letters now.

no importing for me :(

8zgyn9.jpg

clearance grab at Target, usually wait for them to hit sub $20 range but my local Targets get picked clean quick so I jumped on it at $24.95.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea the stick is fine. Same as the regular HRAP3 out of the box. But man, the insides... ;(

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Yea the stick is fine. Same as the regular HRAP3 out of the box. But man, the insides... ;(

I've actually got a preorder for a TE for both the 360 and PS3 and was gonna see how I'll felt about the HRAP to see if I really needed the PS3 version of the TE. Needless to say, I'm keeping both preorders :lol

Crap, they better use quick disconnects on the forthcoming Death Smiles stick.

Also, don't usually post my DVD pick-ups but I got a few Tamil DVD/BDs and want to recognize that the PQ on the Sivaji blu-ray is top-notch and my order from London-base Ayngaran went especially smooth:

P1000037.jpg

qs8rki.jpg

Starfi 5
Mega Man Zero 2
Star Soldier Famicom Mini

The motherfucker at the customs office made me pay $10 US dollars, I tried to talk him out of it but he was an asshole. Grrr..

Suburban_Nooblet said:
Love the lights, I have the small ones in bedroom and one of the tall ones in living room.
Thanks! I had some taller lamp shades that went behind the speakers before I had rearranged my place. I probably would have bought tall ones like you mentioned, but I had no room for them. Not only did these ones add more symmetry to the setup, they're pretty f-ing nice too. <3 Target.

Those lights are perfect. Do you remember how much/brand name? I'm thinking about ordering them from target.com.

Edit: I think I found them-- http://www.target.com/Square-Table-L...e=1&rh=&page=1

Yup, you got it! Totally worth it.

JEKKI

Flunkie said:
3267488575_0c5c0a3ec2.jpg

Yummmmmm.
niiiiiice~!!!

there's this frozen yogurt place in I think Costa Mesa, I useta go there a lot back in my younger days of trying to impress the ladies,

and they have the whole put candy in a bag and purchase by weight deal going on,

and they got candies like Haribo peach texture, but in so many different more flavors!!!!

green apple FTW!!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
wogsy from Eurogamer forums was kind enough to send me 3 copies of EDGE where I had a 2 page interview in ;)

Thanks wogsy!

3267793609_4cf15e84f7.jpg

.hacked said:
thanks, forgot it was letters now.

no importing for me :(

8zgyn9.jpg

clearance grab at Target, usually wait for them to hit sub $20 range but my local Targets get picked clean quick so I jumped on it at $24.95.

Got a verdict on this (being a $20 game and all). Decent enough to warrant now cheap price...or is it terrible?

Top Bottom