• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FFXI FAQ/Starter topic Redux

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
FFXI has been out longer than WoW - by two years i think? and try to remember your login info. how do you not use 1-3 different ones everywhere?

I know the games been out longer than WoW, my point was that after seeing such a good infrastructure model, they could adapt and change their own.

Well, mistakes were made. I had my info written down somewhere and literally a month ago I threw it away ("wont play this shit again!" I thought)

It also isn't like my usual login/passwords cause of the character limit

Raging Spaniard said:
I know the games been out longer than WoW, my point was that after seeing such a good infrastructure model, they could adapt and change their own.

Well, mistakes were made. I had my info written down somewhere and literally a month ago I threw it away ("wont play this shit again!" I thought)

It also isn't like my usual login/passwords cause of the character limit

sorry for your loss then - callem up and try to get it back before you buy another one though, maybe something can be done. in other news...

if my boredom continues to increase post-christmas any1 interested in starting a new class / character with me? ill get server info later but just wondering how many gafers on a similiar server would be down before i start up again.

-Astor, most badass white mage ever.

Yasser

SE europe sent me a free copy of the pc starter pack for doing a survey, i'm tempted to start playing post-january exams

Yasser

i'm secretly hoping so, i got bored of wow about 2 months after burning crusade and have been craving a new mmo for a while (at least till the next wow expansion)

So GAF I just bought the $20 all in one Van a'diel collection thing and it just hit me that my PC doesn't have a DVD drive. Can I DL everything online, like with WoW and City of Heros ect, and then just use my keys and month free subscription? It says I can DL the original with the buddy pass with a code, but I'll be needing the expansions too.

Well, my girlfriend and I renewed our characters. Any social linkshells on Fairy currently recruiting? We're usually on between 8PM-11PM PST, and our highest level jobs are 62 brd and 62 rdm, respectively.

We quit just prior to CoP's release three years ago, so we have A LOT of catching up to do. Anyone have any tips on what missions/quests we should start to work on first? Any information would definitely help us get back on our Vana'diel feet.

Edit: Gah, I totally forgot to mention my char's name. You can reach me here (I'm still at work) or in-game at night. My character's name is Imagawayaki.

Ploid 3.0

Gaf's LS on fairy is StarsofDestiny. But so many people quit and took long long breaks, it's pretty much empty now. It's been alive since PC launch.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, I finally got back into this game after a lengthy hiatus (haven't played since Promathia came out). I've started fresh on Fairy. Is there any GAFers currently active there that I can PM to join the GAF linkshell there, or is it pretty much dead now (looking at Ploid's post, it's looking grim for playing with other GAFers...).

Rawk Hawk

After moving out, and finally getting the internet again it looks like Joachim has had his PW changed and I can't get back on him.. Maybe it's time to try something else.. Anyone know what server most of the FFXI GAF players use on WoW? lol

Shouta

You can get your PW changed to something you want if you still have your Registration codes. You can call Customer service and give them the required information and they should change it back for you.

Rawk Hawk

Interesting, well I still think I kind of want to try something else lol. FFXI is great, but I don't feel like I have enough time to do most things anymore. Were at least in WoW I could solo some crap in the couple hours a week I can put into an MMO.

Plus most of you bums have moved on, and I thought Ken/Jea/Mika and others like Mj went to WoW? Maybe not.

hgplayer1

Mr Nash said:
Well, I finally got back into this game after a lengthy hiatus (haven't played since Promathia came out). I've started fresh on Fairy. Is there any GAFers currently active there that I can PM to join the GAF linkshell there, or is it pretty much dead now (looking at Ploid's post, it's looking grim for playing with other GAFers...).

I'm playing on Midgardsormr and I still play a lot right now. I dont have a strong LS but its a nice small group. If youre going to start fresh anyway I can get you in our LS.

oneHeero

I miss FFXI!!!

I wonder if I know anyone from gaf, I played on Fairy, name was "American" I was a Mithra, level 67, primary job was Ranger, was also a 56 Warrior.

I've got to know someone from gaf! I stop playing Aht Argan(I know thats wrong).

I really miss this game. But the thought of starting over... And even leveling in general keeps me from doing it. I wish this game wasn't so much of a time hog.

Chris R

So I was going to create an account, buy all the expansions and sign up for a few months just to mess around with, but I can't buy the game codes online... Why won't they let me indulge in my impulse buying :( By the time I got to BB I realized that Smash, GOW PSP, ect are coming out so I didn't get it.

In this day and age, why wouldn't they just allow people to buy stuff online, saves on packaging costs, they can just setup a few torrents to reduce the load on their servers of people downloading the file, and charge the full retail amount :(

Chris R

Well I found a PS2 copy of the complete pack so I went ahead and just picked it up. Got a level 2 thief already, man I forgot how slow the game goes :lol

Any quests/things I probably forgot to get to speed leveling up until I can get my subjob? Tarutaru if it matters.

Jonnyram

Haha, the noobs in my party last night made things frustrating, but aside from that, no complaints yet. The three days since my return have actually been pretty good. Levelling at high levels is a lot more enjoyable these days somehow.

I'm just surprised that I've seen so many old faces in the game already, yet noone is chatting about it any more. I guess it's turned into too much of a daily exercise for some people so there's nothing new to talk about.

I don't know a great deal about the last three expansions though - just trying to get through the Aht Urhgan stuff so I have the necessary things for levelling parties, but I don't see anyone touching Promathia or Altana much these days. Setting up the runic portals seems to be quite a hassle considering a few of them have a group of invis/sneak-busting mobs in front of them. So far got 3 of them done, though. Hopefully will suffice for the time being, and at least I'm better than the noobs in my PT that didn't have Rute crystals TSK!

Shouta

Everyone levels in the AU areas nowadays with a few here and there in Promathia zones. I haven't played in months but I doubt that's changed much. The AU missions themselves are kinda shitty though.

You have your RDM at 75, right? You'll find meriting parties easily but they'll be kind of boring =x

Jonnyram

No, I don't have a single job at 75 yet. I got RDM from 64 to 66 within three parties, and it was all fun, really. When I went to level my sub, BLM, I was bored out of my skull because there's hardly anything to do; enfeebles, wait, nuke, wait, nuke, sit. Even on such a boring schedule, I still managed to get aggro a ton. Didn't die, though, thankfully.

My main aim now is to get RDM to 75 so I can at least take part in LS events, social or otherwise. I felt like I provided more hindrance than help if I tagged along at 64. I guess noone does Promathia missions now because of the level caps? Noone wants the hassle of low level EQ.

Shouta

People still do Promathia missions but you'll either have to bother the LS or find pick-ups to do it.

You'll get RDM up to 75 really easily though.

Jonnyram

Heh, I beat Maat on my first attempt :D

I noticed they added a bunch of achievements to FFXI in the latest update too. Most of which I can unlock if I just install the damned thing on my 360. I was a bit put off by all the ludicrous achievements before, but since I stand to get an easy 100 pts out of this, I think I'll do it now. Plus the mission cutscenes are bound to be a ton better on the 360 than the PS2!

Kandinsky

Hey congrats on 1/1, Rdm Maat sucks!

Trying to level SCH myself, stuck in the dunes atm, its sad that the only way to get exp in there is with a PL D:

Top Bottom