• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Quake1028

r6znyh.jpg

New bedroom TV/computer monitor :D .

reakt said:
Nice! SAMSUNG? I didn't know they made them that size. Let us know how you get on with it. My western digital 250GB is noisier than the awesome seagate that came in my PS3 originally.

I'd recommend against Samsungs HDDs in the PS3 because in the Wipeout HD thread, all of us with Samsung HDDs had issues with the BGM pausing every couple of seconds for both the regular and custom game soundtracks. A relatively minor issue in a single game isn't a huge deal, but you never know what other games might have similar discrepancies with those particular series of Samsung 2.5" HDDs.

So, I've been banned for the past four months for something ridiculously retarded but anyway here are my pick-ups from September until now.

All these guys... you can't really tell but those are two iPod Touches on the right, one 8gb and one 32gb.
IMG_2373.jpg

Two Rockband 2 sets
IMG_2374.jpg

Mario and Luigi plush pillow hats! Plus one of the RB2 sets from the last pic.
IMG_2082s.jpg

Ornaments. =)
IMG_2114.jpg

The speakers and tv stand (the latter thanks to another Gaffer pointing out the hotness)
IMG_2278.jpg

Ridiculously awesome calender that I just put up at the office.
IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

And for the finale; drum roll please...
IMG_2367.jpg

Oh and I forgot to take a pic of Robot Chicken season 3. Oh well.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm so happy.

Pickup of the year for me already and it is ONLY January!

I don't think anything else this year can top this... (for me at least)

Flunkie

Banned
Wow I need some of those peaches.

So I can get free shipping, what else should I get to go with the peaches? Strawberries, raspberries, happy cola, mini frogs? :lol

Flunkie said:
Wow I need some of those peaches.

So I can get free shipping, what else should I get to go with the peaches? Strawberries, raspberries, happy cola, mini frogs? :lol
Happy cola is a personal favorite of mine. I dont buy them often as i will devour the entire bag and feel bad about it afterwards..

damn im feeling the crave now.

Leonsito

Christmas presents!

The Dark Knight Blu-Ray & DVD
Batman Begins Blu-Ray
Batman and Joker toys :D
IMG_1906.jpg

Rambo trilogy and Rambo DVDs (will be buying Blu-Rays soon)
World War Z
Bender's Game DVD
IMG_1908.jpg

Festina watch FTW
IMG_1913.jpg

LG Blu-Ray / HD-DVD player and Blu-Ray writer (99€)
IMG_1914.jpg

I'll up a photo later once my mobile is charged up, but game wise I recieved & brought since christmas day:

Sonic Unleashed
Gears of War 2
Mirrors Edge
Crackdown
Fallout 3

Enough gaming there to last me months, i'm happy with it all.

f3vssh.jpg

I also have a habbit of leaving the green seal strip on the side after opening the box, I hate it when a box doesn't have one :lol

JDS 1977

Banned
Got my LG Voyager about a week or so ago. Sorry they're a bit dark. Was trying out the macro setting and it's not very bright in here.

5kfz38.jpg

2mmadxw.jpg

jts

...hate me...
2aj9aj7.jpg

A 32 gigger iPod Touch. The sad part is, this is probably my biggest pick-up of the year already, and it has only been a week :'[

dankir

MarkMan said:
Just another day in the office...

3172294332_95c2a2fab9.jpg

Well shit dude, if you have them already why do we have to wait?

I'm just glad I pre ordered one through amazon early, both of my Barnes and Nobles one were cancelled.

So MarkMan you like your job better or the Neogaf community how about you sell us a few of those :)

Was pretty much out of town during New Year's (New Year's Eve in Stockton with family and then down to San Diego/Carlsbad for New Year's Weekend with friends) but I managed to pick up a few things - nothing really major.

I'll post pics later tonight, as I'm heading up to J-Town after work with some friends and will probably grab a few things there.

waxer said:
Cowon s9 and my sister in law made me a sack boy.
Nice.

My old mp3 player died and now I'm looking to buy something that plays .FLAC like the Cowon players.
I hope Cowon releases something in the 64GB range soon (CES?)

Tiduz

Eurogaime
My white DS3's square button was extremely squishy :'(

2dbt8pt.jpg

295yezl.jpg

damn, HRAP3 is awesome, but it was 160 euros with shipping, i was prepared for that, then there came 40 euros tax duties, so it costed me 200 euros >:|

paint or whatever was gone on my old keyboard from typing so much :lol

so got this

iof7g3.jpg

then got this: OMG AWESOME GAME.

2s85xjk.jpg

and last pickup, an unban from gaf!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welcome back, friend :D Nice pick up there.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
n8NMONSTER said:
Xbox360 Boxers (<--Thanks Mark! Lol. ).

Yo.

I'm 100% serious when I say this...

No one needs to know I got you underwear.

X_X

*watches everyone get jealous*

Look what I made for $12 at Wal-Mart :).
DSC00889.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

Its a 20x30 poster I had printed out at Wal-Mart! Custom made posters EASY. :D I thought of doing this like a week ago and it came out fantastic! Gonna make another one next paycheck since Im trying to save money hahah, Street Fighter IV next...

Got the magazines in late December, forgot to post, and a pair of Sennheiser CX300s:
IMG_0352.jpg

Two new games for my 360:
IMG_0354.jpg

Keychain that I picked up while in Downtown Disney's LEGO store:
IMG_0355-1.jpg

Sweaters that I got on sale (Can't go wrong with $24.99 + 30% off sale price):
IMG_0356-1.jpg

Mother3 t-shirt that I got from fellow GAFfer, GamerGeorge:
IMG_0357-1.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Dengeki Playstation & Dissidia Final Fantasy Ultimania Alpha:
IMG_0360.jpg

Chrono Trigger soundtrack (mostly contains arranged versions of songs):
IMG_0369.jpg

PSN Purchases:
IMG_0371.jpg

Pixeljunk Eden Soundtrack:
IMG_0372.jpg

CoilShot

InfectedZero said:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/InfectedZero/DSC00889.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/InfectedZero/DSC00891.jpg
Its a 20x30 poster I had printed out at Wal-Mart! Custom made posters EASY. :D I thought of doing this like a week ago and it came out fantastic! Gonna make another one next paycheck since Im trying to save money hahah, Street Fighter IV next...

I never knew they did this. What do you just take a photograph to them and have them print it out or do you do it yourself?

Not every Jan purchase yet, but by far one of the more significant ones for myself.

n1061192209_277893_4766.jpg

Was able to order my customized Zoom Kobe IV IDs today. :D

glaurung

donkey show said:
Not every Jan purchase yet, but by far one of the more significant ones for myself.

Was able to order my customized Zoom Kobe IV IDs today. :D

Can you wear those in real life or only in PS Home?

warthog

InfectedZero said:

Pretty damn cool.

Top Bottom