• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarkMan said:
SO, CES. I didn't get anything new. But I had new stuff to show.

4270231605_e191e47f41_b.jpg

So (sorry haven't been following the arcade stick thread) are these going to be widely available? Hopefully they don't take 5 months to reach Europe this time around. I desperately need a PS3 stick for Super. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Mutagenic said:
When do those hit, MM?

Spring 2010, to coincide with the release of the game (Super Street Fighter IV). Hopefully we'll hit store shelves a few weeks before launch.

Borman said:
RVT reader in the background?

Yea, that was for Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Ultimate-All Stars.

Bob Coffee said:
Those SSF4 sticks are looking nice Markman.

Thanks! Two designs! :D

Misterinenja said:
So (sorry haven't been following the arcade stick thread) are these going to be widely available? Hopefully they don't take 5 months to reach Europe this time around. I desperately need a PS3 stick for Super. :D

They will be. Be sure to start bugging your retailer now. Not sure if they'd be doing a preorder campaign in Europe, but jump on it!

kairu

I just dropped over $300 pre-ordering One Piece Strong Edition Megahouse figures... Ooof!

Gotta catch them all.

red shoe paul said:
xkrmgo.jpg

FFXII Revenant Wings JP DS coming in next week. :D
You make me sick.

red shoe paul said:
That didn't take long until I got shit for it. :lol

Actually no though, I purchase games, and you'll see my pick ups for NDS for proof. :lol
So you buy 1/2 of your games and the rest you steal?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
red shoe paul said:
That didn't take long until I got shit for it. :lol

Actually no though, I purchase games, and you'll see my pick ups for NDS for proof. :lol

You've just set yourself on thin ice. Post pics by next week or.....

Chorazin

Wario64 said:

Just because a man buys flashcards doesn't mean he's going to pirate, or he needs to prove he buys games.

There is a massive PSP CFW thread here, and a decent sized DS homebrew thread, so that sort of thing isn't againt the rules.

Now, if he posted the pics and said NAO I WILL NEVAR BUY ANUTHER DS GAME LOLOLOL I PYRYTE LIFE 4 MEZ!!!!! That's a different story.

Wario64 said:

Hahaha, are you serious? Or what'll happen? :lol

practice02 said:
You make me sick.

Hahaha. Why do I make you sick exactly? You don't like FFXII Revenant Wings or something?

practice02 said:
So you buy 1/2 of your games and the rest you steal?

How can you honestly calculate that? :lol :lol Actually I don't own any DS games right now, since I don't have a system to play them on. I did go to Best Buy this morning to pick up Daniel X, but there were none in stock. Another Best Buy has it, so later on I'll be going to pick that up if I have the time.

sam27368

Banned
red shoe paul said:
Hahaha, are you serious? Or what'll happen? :lol

Hahaha. Why do I make you sick exactly? You don't like FFXII Revenant Wings or something?

How can you honestly calculate that? :lol :lol Actually I don't own any DS games right now, since I don't have a system to play them on. I did go to Best Buy this morning to pick up Daniel X, but there were none in stock. Another Best Buy has it, so later on I'll be going to pick that up if I have the time.

Because you've purchased something that has the ability to play pirated software, which supports the hardware manufacturer that makes it. Gaf is full of game developers as well as fans/hobbyists who have followed gaming for years, and have seen the damage pirating can do (especially to indie dev teams that have some incredible potential).

So yeh... not cool.

snap0212

sam27368 said:
Because you've purchased something that has the ability to play pirated software, which supports the hardware manufacturer that makes it. Gaf is full of game developers as well as fans/hobbyists who have followed gaming for years, and have seen the damage pirating can do (especially to indie dev teams that have some incredible potential).

So yeh... not cool.
The fact that he can play pirated games doesn't mean he will do so. As soon as you can proof that he's playing downloaded games, I'm going to be on your side. 100%. But he can use this device without pirating games. Just like you can use a gun without killing someone... Sorry, but there's just no proof that he's playing (or going to play) pirated games with this thing.

snap0212 said:
The fact that he can play pirated games doesn't mean he will do so. As soon as you can proof that he's playing downloaded games, I'm going to be on your side. 100%. But he can use this device without pirating games. Just like you can use a gun without killing someone... Sorry, but there's just no proof that he's playing (or going to play) pirated games with this thing.
:lol :lol :lol

sam27368 said:

So yeh... not cool.

Stop assuming, I don't like that. You're very easy minded and honestly if you want, I can notify you specially on when I purchase new Nintendo DS games, how about that? Just as snap said, just because i can, doesn't mean I am going too. I have friends that are on GAF who are developers and artists and I understand where you're coming from. I'm not going to bore you with any stories, but like anyone would say, just don't assume I'll be using the hardware for anything illegal, because that's not the case.

Auron_Kale said:
Just arrived:

I wanted the Limited Edition bundle. :< Awesome pick up regardless.

red shoe paul said:
I wanted the Limited Edition bundle. :< Awesome pick up regardless.

Me too...but considering I have 4 PSPs total (3 regular and a PSPGo), I couldn't justify dropping another $330 bucks for the bundle. And thanks :)

snap0212 said:
Do you have any proof? If not: shut up!
a man who owns dirty used hypodermic needle and a spoon with burn marks on it, is a junky. A person who owns the tools to pirate games is a pirate even if you do it once or twice you are still a thief. I, like judge judy call it like i see it.

xero273

oh boy... what happen here?

Don't see anything wrong here. GAF has a PSP CFW, DS homebrew, and Wii homebrew thread.

practice02 said:
a man who owns dirty used hypodermic needle and a spoon with burn marks on it, is a junky. A person who owns the tools to pirate games is a pirate even if you do it once or twice you are still a thief. I, like judge judy call it like i see it.

So does this mean anybody who owns a CD/DVD burner is a pirate for being able to copy games? I bet I know your answer, homeslice.

practice02 said:
as far as i can tell, he hasn't done anything wrong yet

Ecto311

practice02 said:
Also like judge judy, you assume.

Chorazin

practice02 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Purchasing and discussing hardware that enables homebrew or bypasses region locks is NOT frowned upon at GAF. If you want to cause a stink and get all high and mighty, take it up with the mods about forum policy and quit shitting on this thread.

You might want to check out these rather large homebrew based threads before you do though. Maybe you'll see that not everyone who buys these devices is a pirate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291277&highlight=Nintendo+homebrew

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226650&highlight=PSP

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114149&highlight=flash+cart+card

Nose Master

Fucking backseat modding witchhunt bullshit. You guys don't need to fucking post pictures of every game you ever play to post impressions on it. That is unbelievably aggravating.

red shoe paul said:
So does this mean anybody who owns a CD/DVD burner is a pirate for being able to copy games? I bet I know your answer, homeslice.
Oh so you are going to use the acecard which has a recent firmware update that cracks spirit tracks drm. to transfer power point persentations to different computers or play the video of your wedding for friends.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
practice02 said:
Oh so you are going to use the acecard which has a recent firmware update that cracks spirit tracks drm. to transfer power point persentations to different computers or play the video of your wedding for friends.

You'll go far here, kid.

snap0212

practice02 said:
This argument is not going anywhere. If you think that he pirates games, okay. If you have proof for it. Show it. If not... please STOP posting about this.

practice02 said:

I used the GBA flash card quite extensively in college for game programming for class projects.

Dante23

practice02 said:

You're an idiot, not only the pirates use flashcards, they're very useful for people with a lot of games, if you don't want to dick around with a suitcase full of cartridges, how can one resolve that? yes, a flashcard, all your games in a single cartridge, it doesn't get more convenient than that.

It's almost the same reason of why people use homebrew with the Wii to be able to play from a hard drive, and we are not "piratezzzz omg!!", it's simply that it is a lot more useful and convenient.

WEGGLES

Chorazin said:
Just because a man buys flashcards doesn't mean he's going to pirate, or he needs to prove he buys games.

There is a massive PSP CFW thread here, and a decent sized DS homebrew thread, so that sort of thing isn't againt the rules.

Now, if he posted the pics and said NAO I WILL NEVAR BUY ANUTHER DS GAME LOLOLOL I PYRYTE LIFE 4 MEZ!!!!! That's a different story.

I just use my card to have all my legit games in one place. Also there's a cool TI83 program :)

grap3fruitman said:

HOOOWWWWWW?! Thats the one thing that could save those episodes. Augh.

WEGGLES

RedNumberFive said:
So your internet stalking has turned up a single quote that might possibly be taken out of context? Great detective work there!

You really seem to have an axe to grind with this red shoe paul guy.
Different person.

Neogaf Red Shoe Paul

Hymen eliminator

PSU Red Shoe Paul
Occupation
I sit at a computer and scan things.

CLEARLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Hugbot

Hey guys remember that time the guy posted an acecard and a bunch of people had heart attacks and told him they wanted to murder him? There are reasons besides piracy to own one, you know. Even if he does, you really don't have to pick up the pitchfork every time you catch the scent of piracy.

Edit: And then it turns out he's a pirate and I look like a chump for assuming people aren't jerks

RedNumberFive said:
So your internet stalking has turned up a single quote that might possibly be taken out of context? Great detective work there!

You really seem to have an axe to grind with this red shoe paul guy.
actually if you look at posts in some threads on that website there are pirating one which Red Shoe Paul contributed to. I just believe in justice.

alr1ghtstart said:
backseat modding and internet detectiving are bannable. goodbye.
I did no moderating but expressed distaste for pirating and other people asked for proof and it was provided. If I get banned well at least it will be in good fun.

WEGGLES

Leeeets get back on track...
(Click for full size)
If these trees could talk - Above the Earth, below the sky

<3 spot matte finish

Borrowed a wii to play this. Such an awesome experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom