• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

HoTHiTTeR said:
Oooo sexy! Those are deadstock now right? Where did you pick those up?

Yeah, they're deadstock. I was shopping around on NikeTalk and ISS before I decided to head to eBay to see if there were any on there. It was tough finding a listing that was in my size (10.5/11) Luckily enough, I found a top-rated seller with over 10,000 feedback that sells just shoes and they had it in my size. I was a bit wary as I don't know if it was legit or not but when the shoes arrived, I'm glad I pulled the trigger. Only payed $90 total.

Auron_Kale said:
Bii: Awesome pick-up on the shoes. I got those myself (sz. 9) and I love them so much. Haven't worn mine yet as I'm really stuck on my Bruin SB Supremes, but I should probably wear them eventually. Next shoes on my list will be the Star Wars Adidas shoes. :D

I plan on getting a few from the Star Wars Adidas line as well. Particularly the X-Wing, Luke high tops and the Tie Fighter.

XshadowX said:
I got it from Zellers, But i don't work there, They told me to try after Xmas. I was asking every week:) I was losing hope when they told me Employees get 1st dibs.

Yep thats true, I work at Toysrus and my friend took home the one we had, really sweet standee actually congrats on the pickup.

oracrest

A friend got them for me when he came back from Japan.

5fee05d4.jpg

nilbog21

Banned
Bii said:
This year, I'm going to buy less games and finally buy all the other things that I want. Starting with this:

4261725876_3eb3d68d79_o.jpg

[

Damn, those are really nice. Is it gonna cost me a fortune because it has dpad symbols on it? Do they have ones in similar color w/ the Nintendo label?

nilbog21 said:
Damn, those are really nice. Is it gonna cost me a fortune because it has dpad symbols on it? Do they have ones in similar color w/ the Nintendo label?

If you can find it in your size, it really depends on how much the seller's gonna charge, as these weren't exactly a special edition in a traditional sense. They cost regularly $90, but since most of the people that had access to these were pre-sellers, you can expect a mark-up with some sellers. And as for the color - there have been other Nintendo/Sony inspired Nikes, but not in this color scheme as of late.

Auron_Kale said:
If you can find it in your size, it really depends on how much the seller's gonna charge, as these weren't exactly a special edition in a traditional sense. They cost regularly $90, but since most of the people that had access to these were pre-sellers, you can expect a mark-up with some sellers. And as for the color - there have been other Nintendo/Sony inspired Nikes, but not in this color scheme as of late.

Nike hates it when regular people buy their shoes i guess. I hate it when they do shit like this. Same with all the Kobe's and the SpaceJams.

Mr. Sam

Dead Space, 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand, Wall-E, Inglorious Basterds, Gran Torino, Trainspotting, Dead Snow (?) and American Gangsters? Not bad, good sir.

Ninja Scooter said:
Nike hates it when regular people buy their shoes i guess. I hate it when they do shit like this. Same with all the Kobe's and the SpaceJams.

Pretty much. I mean, I'm not much of a sneaker-freaker, but when I see some shoes that I want - it's because I want to wear them. Hate the fact that all the pre-sellers get them before anyone else can...markups are always insane for these things. *sighs*

Just hope nothing happens when the other Star Wars Adidas shoes drop - otherwise there will be hell to pay.

Mr. Sam said:
Dead Space, 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand, Wall-E, Inglorious Basterds, Gran Torino, Trainspotting, Dead Snow (?) and American Gangsters? Not bad, good sir.
Impressive that you managed to figure out Trainspotting.

P1010714.jpg

AX720's for them for my PS3 -- LOVE THEM ALREADY --- helluva lot better than the AX180's I use for my Xbox 360

P1010717.jpg

Having a wheel has made a HUGE change in the quality of my replays.:lol

P1010695.jpg

spats

MidnightRider said:
Having a wheel has made a HUGE change in the quality of my replays.:lol

Nice. Enjoy the wheel. :D

I have been on a shameless Dragonball binge so I picked up the Majin Buu saga on dvd

3d60e0a5-4e20-49d3-ae50-4eb8cc59738.jpg

and budokai 2

59f78917-91e0-4157-b1f8-6b6b4d70ce4.jpg

Yes Boss!

AgentOtaku said:
Never heard of these movies, but I love the cases :D

Wait, you have never heard of Ghajini (Murugadoss, 2008)?! It and The New World (Malick, 2005) are, hands down, my two favorite movies of the last decade. Definitely check out Ghajini! Blu-ray is a bit tough to see but it is readily available from London shops as well as Nehaflix in New Jersey. Ghajini is famous for being the Hindi remake of Murugadoss's own 2005 Tamil version which was very loosly based on Memento (Nolan, 2000)

Behka song from Ghajini.

Where does everyone get those big gaming cases from again?

The big black ones that has multi shelves on them.

Like a really big book shelf.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
kairu said:
Picked up an HP mini 210 the other day.

I love it so far! The 6 cell battery lasts forever (or at least a full day of work).

That keyboard looks great for a netbook, how large is the screen? I'll probably want to shell out for an ION processor eventually though (Mini 311, or something similar), but there's not a great selection in Canada at the moment.

Gameboy415

Blu_LED said:
Where did you get these [Disney Steelbooks]?

They're Best Buy exclusives that were released in early December.
They aren't available on BestBuy.com, but you can probably still find some of them in-store for $34.99 each. However, I was able to get my set on eBay for MUCH cheaper so you may want to try your luck!

Gameboy415 said:
They're Best Buy exclusives that were released in early December.
They aren't available on BestBuy.com, but you can probably still find some of them in-store for $34.99 each. However, I was able to get my set on eBay for MUCH cheaper so you may want to try your luck!
Do they come with the movie, or are they just cases?

STG

2q2hcp2.jpg

Monkey Island: SE
Shadow Complex
Worms 2: Armageddon
The Maw

2efjoch.jpg

"Knothole Island" and "See the Future" for Fable II

fbjgxi.jpg

"Hot Holiday" DLC for Forza 3

op35gk.jpg

Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5
Scribblenauts

and ~10 minutes ago I ordered Dead or Alive Extreme 2 :lol

Puck

Banned
So far..
jt4gzo.jpg

ot0rjc.jpg

4kiv7b.jpg

33o7482.jpg

j5y3rp.jpg

Awesome Darth Maul figurine (its big and its quite thick and heavy)
Keys to new apartment, signed lease today and move in 2 weeks time
Dexter omnibus (great reads)
KFC bucket of chicken (everyone loves chicken)

enewtabie

Picked up the Maw and bought another computer. Nothing amazing. Just wanted something for Star Trek Online and some other stuff. Got it cheap and has a few things I wanted BD,wireless lan,1tb HD 8gb of ram. I'll throw a Power supply and a larger card down the road.

001-17.jpg

002-15.jpg

Niblet

First time in this sort of thread. I'll do December until now.

December brought with it only 4 games, 2 of which I bought myself. I've been told being 20 means people are no longer obligated to get me anything :lol

Dec-Game-haul.jpg

But it is fine. I already have a lot on my gaming plate.

Towards the end of December I decided to take a chance and buy a pair of Vibram Five Fingers. Verdict: Amazing footwear. Just don't wear them when it is very cold outside.

IMG_2839.jpg

By far my favorite purchase of December was this baby:
Eva-00-box-01.jpg

Eva-00-box-02.jpg

Eva-00-box-05.jpg

EVA-00_pose01_12-13-09.jpg

BUT WAIT! In rolls January. A week into the month I get this:

IMG_2768s.jpg

IMG_2816s.jpg

^^I love this pose.^^

IMG_2826s.jpg

Dual Wielding Bazookas. COME ON!

IMG_2834s.jpg

Bad Ass to the Nth degree.

---

GAF brethren I shall return soon.

STG said:
Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5

Ever since buying (and falling in love with) Raiden IV, I've been eying this one...it seems to be a consensus pick as one of the best shmups of this gen. I have Raiden Fighters Aces and Castle of Shikigami III on the way, but this one is tempting...though the cost makes it a tough sell. What do you think, worth importing?

and ~10 minutes ago I ordered Dead or Alive Extreme 2 :lol

Awesome game, haters be damned. I still can't grasp the weird pool stepping game, but everything else fucking rocks.

Niblet said:
But it is fine. I already have a lot on my gaming plate.

Towards the end of December I decided to take a chance and buy a pair of Vibram Five Fingers. Verdict: Amazing footwear. Just don't wear them when it is very cold outside.

IMG_2839.jpg
I want a pair of those

zmet

12 Month Xbox Live Gold Subscription Card and a loose Tennokoe Bank for my PCE Duo RX
ja7.jpg

The Simpsons: The Complete Twentieth Season and Moon
ja8.jpg

The Transformers: Season Two, Volume Two
ja9.jpg

For those that were waiting for a deal.. The Saboteur is $39.99 this week at best buy, but if you pre order say Bioshock 2 they will knock another 10 bucks off the game. So I walked away with it for $29.99

popjan.jpg

I really did mess up the image cropping on this:
IMG_1448.jpg

Space Invaders Extreme 2 (£7.94), Vol 2 of Haibane Renmei (£1.99) and Vol 2-4 of Paranoia Agent (£4.99,£0.99 and £0.99...I guess MVM bank of people buying Vol 1 and 2 for £4.99 each) already own Volume 1 of both (from the Japanese Anime boxset MVM did with Boulevard Entertainment in 2005).

bigGIRLSblouse said:
For those that were waiting for a deal.. The Saboteur is $39.99 this week at best buy, but if you pre order say Bioshock 2 they will knock another 10 bucks off the game. So I walked away with it for $29.99

popjan.jpg

Do you have to pay for the pre order in full? Looking to pick up Dragon Age which is listed at $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom