• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

from November/December
ajp5zm.jpg

- Transformers: ROTF
- Shaun of the Dead
- The Hurt Locker (pretty great)
- Fight Club (finally...)
- From Dusk Till Dawn (fuck yeah!)
- Terminator Salvation

January:
qryrv8.jpg

- Pride and Glory
- Angels and Demons
- The DaVinci Code
- Max Payne (ugh)
- Ghost Rider
- The Spirit (wtf?!)
got everything in the above pic for 60€. mostly crap but for that price i don't feel too bad and in two of these movies there's Eva Mendes ;)

kbo9op.jpg

- Sunshine (surprisingly good movie)
- Fast and Furious collection (i don't know what i was thinking... oh now i remember, Eva Mendes... :lol probably a re-post)
- Knowing (crap)

Games:
2vxgd1e.jpg

- CoD:MW2 at launch
- CoD:WaW for 19€ today, not bad

:)

Uhtred

"Knowing (crap)"

But you have to admit, the plane crash scene really got to you didn't it?

It freaked me out!!!!!!

IMG_5035.jpg

Here are some recent pick-ups that I've been too lazy to take pictures of. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting stuff and I think I'm gonna return that copy of MW2 though. It's been sitting unopened in my basement for like two weeks now. I already have it on 360 and I don't think I wanna double dip on DLC.

Anyway, I'm sure more people want some shots of the new Simpsons Blu-ray so here you go:

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

=(

I just got this not ten minutes ago and of course disc one was jumping around inside. Haven't tried it yet but hopefully it'll work.

Lourio

grap3fruitman said:
I just got this not ten minutes ago and of course disc one was jumping around inside.

Can't stand when this happens... and those cases don't help either.

Oh and nice pics :D

Rufus

Unless the case was squashed under something very heavy or has razor sharp edges on the inside that stick out nothing much is going to happen. I've had that happen to countless of CDs and DVDs and they all worked fine.
Also: All Blu-Rays have an anti-scratch coating, which DVDs are not required to have. So, no need for concern.

Absinthe

Finally got a decent pocket camera & 16gb sdhc. Something I can bring everywhere instead of lugging around a camera bag.
LumixZS3.jpg

New Driver. Nike Dymo 2 Str8-Fit w/wrench
P1000024.jpg

P1000027.jpg

And got a new Fairway 5 Wood. Hit's real nice!
P1000028.jpg

Okay, the Simpsons Blu-ray sucks ass. I was aware that the episodes sucked, as I've watched them before, but the only extra is a three minute "sneak peak" at that stupid special that aired two days ago. Are you fucking serious? No audio commentaries, no deleted scenes. The best part about the set is the artwork on the packaging and the menus (you know how in Corel Painter you can watch a replay of your drawing? It's that but with crude drawings of a handful of characters by Matt Groening). The menus and presentation of this thing would have made sense if it was for a "best of" compilation to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Simpsons (haven't they been around since 87 though? How's that 20 years? And they're on season 21 at the moment, isn't that... 21 years?) but it's just to lure old fans with nostalgia into buying the new shit. So disappointing.

And I remembered what I forgot to include in that round-up of pick-ups earlier; the latest Family Guy Star Wars retelling which was also terrible. At least the pull-over cover was nice on that too. But same issue with the shitty "eco" Blu-ray cases. I'm kind of pissed off as a result of being dicked around by the guys at the Simpsons and Family Guy. Take things I loved and turn them into shit. It's a cruel joke on people like me.

WEGGLES

grap3fruitman said:
Okay, the Simpsons Blu-ray sucks ass. I was aware that the episodes sucked, as I've watched them before, but the only extra is a three minute "sneak peak" at that stupid special that aired two days ago. Are you fucking serious? No audio commentaries, no deleted scenes. The best part about the set is the artwork on the packaging and the menus (you know how in Corel Painter you can watch a replay of your drawing? It's that but with crude drawings of a handful of characters by Matt Groening). The menus and presentation of this thing would have made sense if it was for a "best of" compilation to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Simpsons (haven't they been around since 87 though? How's that 20 years? And they're on season 21 at the moment, isn't that... 21 years?) but it's just to lure old fans with nostalgia into buying the new shit. So disappointing.

And I remembered what I forgot to include in that round-up of pick-ups earlier; the latest Family Guy Star Wars retelling which was also terrible. At least the pull-over cover was nice on that too. But same issue with the shitty "eco" Blu-ray cases. I'm kind of pissed off as a result of being dicked around by the guys at the Simpsons and Family Guy. Take things I loved and turn them into shit. It's a cruel joke on people like me.
What the hell? None at all? Or no Blu-Ray specific extra commentaries?

I'm guessing they are going to do a true Season 20 box set when they actually get up to it. Guess they wanted to ride the hype of the 20 years and get it out fast.

Kowak

Banned
grap3fruitman said:

you have gone from making me want to buy it with those pictures to spending my £35 on lie to me.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
manofmandango said:
Been thinking about getting one of these for a long time. Glad to see it applies well. Any idea how it would hold up on glass?

He got it from the same guy I got a Black Gurren Lagann Skull I have on my rear windsheild and I've had it on almost 2 years now with no problems, Ill get a pic in the morning.

Absinthe

Blu_LED said:
I got the same camera for Christmas. What do you think?

Just got it, so far, so good. From the research I did this seems like the best camera in its range for quality and features.

grap3fruitman said:
=(

I just got this not ten minutes ago and of course disc one was jumping around inside. Haven't tried it yet but hopefully it'll work.
are you new to blu ray?

they're rather durable discs.

doesn't excuse the shit packaging though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Coming home from CES, I got this:

4270968672_705f36ceb6.jpg

<3

Kadey said:
Someone posted a bucket of KFC. :lol

I LOVE ME SOME CHICKEN!

SO, CES. I didn't get anything new. But I had new stuff to show.

4270231605_e191e47f41_b.jpg

4270230611_1effe666c4_b.jpg

Also random:

fuck girls/women. I'm done with em.

Why would you say "fuck girls" after your daughter (I presume, unless I don't know your full story) made you that awesome card?

Also,

DragonAge.jpg

Picked it up for $25 after the $10 off Best Buy pre order promotion mentioned earlier and some gift cards. And no, you don't need to preorder in full. In fact I think you can only do $5 down.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Missed the last 2 months' pickup threads so here's from November on:

2hfm4k2.jpg

25jlb8x.jpg

120le9h.jpg

Absolutely the best RPGs on the PS2, very LTTP on my account:
you thought NA greatest hits boxes were ugly... :|

2d0ypg9.jpg

54srrp.jpg

Completing my collection from the days when Lucasarts was good. :(

imj760.jpg

10qm8vb.jpg

1zck0so.jpg

nou1bo.jpg

Hitagistick is finally done: :D

j73yh2.jpg

And since I missed december, my favorite pickup of 2009:

2ykauc9.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
TheLegendary said:
Why would you say "fuck girls" after your daughter (I presume, unless I don't know your full story) made you that awesome card?

Ah, yea, you're right. That looks wrong now lol.

Chromax

luka said:
Absolutely the best RPGs on the PS2, very LTTP on my account:
you thought NA greatest hits boxes were ugly... :|

2d0ypg9.jpg

54srrp.jpg

Awesome pickups! Since I prob won't be importing it, please post the awesome AT3 stuff later this month!

Yes Boss!

djdac said:

Nice!

I actually just put that one in this afternoon for an hour after a few months break. It gets a lot of flack but I've always enjoyed the disc...even as much as the PS2 port. I think it is scheduled for a title-update this month that will help improve the sluggish menus and initial loading.

Can't wait for Ketsui and Espgaluda II. 2010 looks to be awesome for Cave shooters on 360!

djdac

Yes Boss! said:
Nice!

I actually just put that one in this afternoon for an hour after a few months break. It gets a lot of flack but I've always enjoyed the disc...even as much as the PS2 port. I think it is scheduled for a title-update this month that will help improve the sluggish menus and initial loading.

Can't wait for Ketsui and Espgaluda II. 2010 looks to be awesome for Cave shooters on 360!

Glad theres an update coming up. I just got it yesterday and I love it, but the load times.. I got Espgaluda II pre-ordered too, cant wait!

BeeDog

Tried the Anno 1404 demo the other day, really liked it and found this for 19.99€ in a store over here. :D It was even cheaper than the ordinary edition, lulz:

211jkab.jpg

30j1lhf.jpg

Damn I need a digital camera.

.hacked

manofmandango said:
Been thinking about getting one of these for a long time. Glad to see it applies well. Any idea how it would hold up on glass?

I am sure it would be fine, have had this one on for more than a year now:

25amg3n.jpg

Glass should not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom