• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
No offense to LRB1983, but his pickups a few posts back are infinitely more "weird and freaky" to me than anything Toy Soldier has posted.

But who is to judge on how people want to decorate their room and spend their money?

Keep posting what you guys love, both of you.

Getting the game room together...

ikea stand with all my j-crap
8vi5U.jpg

Hori Fight stick for my Marvel vs Capcom
Win7 set up -Revo 3610 Nettop with ION chipset...can't complain
$169 for the nettop...like $20 in extras (wifi adaptor/BT)
Win 7 ready to go...learning it for work
uTKtb.jpg

Halo poster....cannot wait for next month! ^^
ic8wu.jpg

58wZu.jpg
]

faridmon said:
is it actually possible to get that DS with having anyone go to Japan? its sold out every import retailers, and used as well? damn, so used things is japan look that pretty. i need to go to Japan one day

Yeah, it was a limited run of 1,000 DS's and it's sold out everywhere, only luck is if one magically pops up on Yahoo Japan Auctions, like mine was. :D

You could use a site like Rinkya or something similar. The DS came out in 2007 I believe and for it's life this long, it was pretty damn mint and clean. Good luck getting one!

Caprica12

Neo Member
1zv8zyp.jpg

Not really into cologne but I had to get it after seeing:

"$130.00 value"
Suggested retail sale for $70.00

I got it for $20 at my job :D

neoism

LiK said:
those Game Informer covers are sessy.
Yeah, I looove the Halo issue, they switched to "awesome" paper:lol :lol , not sure what it's called, but it's like a newspaper without the ink bleeding. I'm really happy with their new art direction!
WEGGLES said:
Awesome stuff!
Yes, this album is amazing!:D

Alucrid

Banned
neoism said:
Yeah, I looove the Halo issue, they switched to "awesome" paper:lol :lol , not sure what it's called, but it's like a newspaper without the ink bleeding. I'm really happy with their new art direction!

Yes, this album is amazing!:D

How's their content now though?

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile (just been lazy):

Pickups so far this month

Posted this in the arcade stick thread but Qanba Arcade Fight Stick

Cisco CCIE and CCDP Certification Guides. Transformer 2 Blu-Ray and Xbox Live subscription.

The latest perfect pull-up. I bought it to replace the previous version. I was using it in my apartment and broke my door frame twice, as the frame wasn't sturdy, and I came crashing down twice. Pull-up stands for P90X.

EricDiesel said:
You are a weird guy, Toy Soldier. Call me old fashioned, but I would never spend money on "The Big Book O' Titties". :lol

And you're kind of fucking stupid for buying that Box Office Bust game. Please tell me it was $5 or something.

The Big Book of Breasts is awesome, don't write it off so quickly. :) The editor essentially put it together as one huge bonafide tribute to the beauty of heavy hangers. She views abundant boobage as a majestic wonder, not unlike any of nature's other splendors. A bald eagle soaring though a canyon, a tit flopped out of a bra: one in the same, gang.

Box Office Bust is pretty bad, this is true. But as you suspected, it was $6. It's an OK curiosity for that price. I mean, the writing is painful and the gameplay drives me up the wall - but it's just so freaking silly and ridiculous. I won't return it, for that reason.

OnkelC said:
Toy Soldier, I admire your persistence in room design. Your last post made me order the Private collection from Taschen as well:lol

Keep up the good work and continue sharing a few more interior shots, please.

The Private Collection is great. It's small, as in the books are miniature, but they're remarkably well made and the collection of photos inside is outstanding. Highly recommended. I wish it were a coffee table volume like the other books I bought, but being such a high quality production makes up for the size.

Thanks for the kind words, by the way! Same goes to all of my GAF buds here. I always put a little heart into making it my corner of the world a personal paradise, as I suppose we all do, so I legitimately appreciate when others have some positive feedback. Even though it's not the same realm as the beautiful stuff you (and many others on GAF) do with their decor, it's awesome that others enjoy the angle I take with this stuff.

.hacked said:
One day Toy Soldier will be on the news because they'll find several kidnapped BBWs held up in his basement ;)

:lol Soft ladies know I put 'em on a pedestal! I'm healthy about my passions.

EricDiesel said:
First off, I wasn't trying to insult him with the first paragraph. I didn't say being weird was a bad thing. I like his posts, even if I'd never buy the stuff he does. It beats the creepy anime pillows and figures. It was a harmless remark and I didn't mean to piss anyone off.

Just for the record, it's all good - I didn't take any offense at all. I can see why some folks got the wrong impression about your post, so thanks for taking the time to elaborate, but I was ready to just type up a reply to let you know why I DO spend my money on The Big Book of Breathtaking Buxom Bombshells' Bouncing Bulky Bra-Blimps™.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Spiderjericho said:
Cisco CCIE and CCDP Certification Guides. Transformer 2 Blu-Ray and Xbox Live subscription.

Nice to see a fellow Gaffer working on his certs. I'm working on CCIE R&S myself. :)

suffah said:
Nice to see a fellow Gaffer working on his certs. I'm working on CCIE R&S myself. :)

I haven't started yet. I'm an IT instructor and am trying to complete the CCNP Network Academy course. But I'm probably going to do CCDA in the summer and CCIE afterward. I'll probably have a CCNP class under my belt and help to re-enforce the information. CCIE seems to be expounding on CCNP.

My biggest gripe is running GNS3 on my laptop. It chugs, as I'm using Win7 and not Unix.

a1m

Banned
Wow @ all the TrueMen commenting those moe-figures freaky and weird. Eww wth, what are you, a loser.

<insert avatar here>

Spiderjericho said:

WOW! i have CCNP BCMSN and BSCI books..Cisco Press FTW ! :D its nice to see networkers aroung here

kemalettin said:
WOW! i have CCNP BCMSN and BSCI books..Cisco Press FTW ! :D its nice to see networkers aroung here

Yeah, I get them for free, so they're great. You might want to hurry up on reading those books, as the CCNP test changes in March to three tests (routing, switching and troubleshooting). If you don't mind my asking, do you work in a networking job? I'm in the military, so I'd like to know what the other side is like.

YO-Q

Toysoilder I really hope you are a happy person. It is hard not to be judgmental about you. But maybe you are just passionate about Britney Spears and tig ol Bitees! shiiiit I'm down with them too! but I just don't have shrines, but hey to each they own :) I just hope that you have a gf or get laid surrounding you self with all that :lol but then again I would think chicks would be weirded out with that stuff lol

I know this is not the thread for this...but are there any tips you guys have for getting into the field? I'm in my last year in college (bachelors) and my school has like 4 or 5 courses on IT :(. I'm a business major. I'm interning to work at a help desk at Sirius this semester which is OK but obviously not what I want to do. What kind of education does it require and stuff like that? Should I "self-learn" and pick up a few of those books?

PM me if you have any tips!

To keep it on topic.... just picked this book up for the long offseason for us Packers fans :(.

favre.jpg

TheLegendary said:
I know this is not the thread for this...but are there any tips you guys have for getting into the field? I'm in my last year in college (bachelors) and my school has like 4 or 5 courses on IT :(. I'm a business major. I'm interning to work at a help desk at Sirius this semester which is OK but obviously not what I want to do. What kind of education does it require and stuff like that? Should I "self-learn" and pick up a few of those books?

I can't really speak for the civilian world, but if you're trying to learn, start simple and get a grasp of the fundamentals. Learn A+, Network+. From there either become a swiss army knife (no a fair amount of everything) or dedicate yourself to a given tract (like voice/QOS, web design, database creation and management, servers, network engineering, etc). If your school has classes that align to the certifications, that will sort of help (just don't hope to pass the test from the class, unless the teacher is really good and cares about it). I took a CCNA class at Univeristy of Maryland University College (major online school), and I don't really feel like I learned anything during that course. Probably because we used the Sybex book by Todd Lammle and his net simulation software. A few years later, I can now see why the course wasn't good.

If you're interested in Servers, get VMware (server is free) and play around with trial copies of Microsoft Server OSs. If you're interested in Network Engineering and the Cisco side of things...um get GNS3 (good luck with getting the router operating systems).

And what I've learned is don't try to learn too much at one time. We teach knuckleheads who first come in the military, and we give them all this great info, but the short amount of time, they're interest level make it hard for them to retain unless they're placed in a situation where they use it.

Spiderjericho said:
I can't really speak for the civilian world, but if you're trying to learn, start simple and get a grasp of the fundamentals. Learn A+, Network+. From there either become a swiss army knife (no a fair amount of everything) or dedicate yourself to a given tract (like voice/QOS, web design, database creation and management, servers, network engineering, etc). If your school has classes that align to the certifications, that will sort of help (just don't hope to pass the test from the class, unless the teacher is really good and cares about it). I took a CCNA class at Univeristy of Maryland University College (major online school), and I don't really feel like I learned anything during that course. Probably because we used the Sybex book by Todd Lammle and his net simulation software. A few years later, I can now see why the course wasn't good.

If you're interested in Servers, get VMware (server is free) and play around with trial copies of Microsoft Server OSs. If you're interested in Network Engineering and the Cisco side of things...um get GNS3 (good luck with getting the router operating systems).

And what I've learned is don't try to learn too much at one time. We teach knuckleheads who first come in the military, and we give them all this great info, but the short amount of time, they're interest level make it hard for them to retain unless they're placed in a situation where they use it.

So glad to hear this from someone on this board/USA. Too many times I've read that new starters in the IT industry should do their MCSE or CCNA straight away.

The problem with a lot of university courses is that it doesn't teach the basics such as A+ or Network+. Lol, I was so surprised heading into my first day of work that I knew pretty much nothing!

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, I get them for free, so they're great. You might want to hurry up on reading those books, as the CCNP test changes in March to three tests (routing, switching and troubleshooting). If you don't mind my asking, do you work in a networking job? I'm in the military, so I'd like to know what the other side is like.

active duty Comm FTW....LOL

I knew I wasn't the only one on GAF....:D

I was active...got out in June, reserve and civlian in the same job I did as military....
make the jump! LOL
J/k

everyone's situation is different..I was AF and hated it (the military part)
went reserve to keep my retirement/benefits....but LOVE wearing slacks and telling the same people that gave me orders to F*** off... : )

Mecha_Infantry said:
So glad to hear this from someone on this board/USA. Too many times I've read that new starters in the IT industry should do their MCSE or CCNA straight away.

The problem with a lot of university courses is that it doesn't teach the basics such as A+ or Network+. Lol, I was so surprised heading into my first day of work that I knew pretty much nothing!

You don't want to run before you can walk. And A+ gives an introduction to computer systems (though it obviously isn't going to include the latest technologies like Sata 6G or USB 3, etc). The only retarded thing is studying for the processors, as a smart enterprise will upgrade a good chunk of PCs at one time, so you know across the board what parts they contain. Network+ gets your feet wet in understanding how things talk and common network protocols. It also tells you the magical ability of making cable. Once you have a firm grasp of those, you can start messing with CCNA or Microsoft, Citrix or whoever.

Since I'm in the service, I have to take distance learning, so my school has a class that correlates to Network+. I've seen other online schools with similar classes.

But in all honesty, networking is an on the job learning process. Once you get your feet wet, you can actively try to learn.

Mecha_Infantry, you left the Air Force? I'm in Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, but I'm cool and acclimated to the life. But things might change if I can get my CCIE because the money will be a lot better in civie world.

Yes Boss!

Last pick-up of 2010 till August since I'll be gone for the better part of this year. My favorite thread on GAF and I'll be watching from afar. See you guys/gals in eight months.

Best regards, YB!

P1030539.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
FoxMcCloudDS said:
I got the same thing, just the H233H (23") a few days ago and am loving it. How are you liking yours?
It's not a cool brand or anything.. but I've had the same one for over a year and I love it! It's actually my main 360/PS3/Dreamcast monitor until I get a proper HDTV... everything looks great on it.

Yes Boss! said:
Last pick-up of 2010 till August since I'll be gone for the better part of this year. My favorite thread on GAF and I'll be watching from afar. See you guys/gals in eight months.

Best regards, YB!

P1030539.jpg

If I wasn't on a constant state of Britnay WAOTCH, I'd so adopt that as my avatar. :lol

We'll miss ya, Yes Boss!

Eteric Rice

kemalettin said:

A guy in Cisco's networking Academy here. In my final semester.

This shit is confusing as fuck and I don't think I'll even remember half of it when I'm out. :lol

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Some of you need to read the OP

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:

Best regards, YB!
Darn, gonna have to find someone else in this thread to be constantly in envy of. See ya later, boss! :D

adversesolutions said:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4284347791_7b18fcd60f_o.jpg[IMG]

OH SHIT SON.

Hotel Dusk sequel![/QUOTE]

Oh man, I hate you so much right now. Definitely be wanting some impressions on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom