• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj118

Bought Halo CE and Gears of War from a pawn shop for $8 total and got Halo 3 and Viva Pinata from Goozex. Time to catch up on some games I missed. :D

pickups.jpg

AlfaTrion

Zaptruder said:
Goddamn dude... that Seiko watch is some serious sex.

What's the model name?
hehe thanks

Seiko Prospex 8B82 Speedmaster [Limited Edition]
Limited to 300 pieces.

It was 115,500 yen but I went during the first week of January which is like Boxing Day in Canada or Black Friday in the States. Also combined with the fact that I didn't live in Japan, I didn't have to pay tax so I got it for under 77,000 yen! In CAD that's about $850 so I saved like $500 bucks :)

I'm not a watch guy but as I said before, I wanted to commemorate 30 years and an awesome 30th year, so I grabbed it.

It has that Japanese radio wave control. The face absorbs all kinds of light. The band is titanium so it is super light and the glass is sapphire glass.

I found a link http://item.rakuten.co.jp/onemore/sbdm005/
Maybe Google can translate it.

Fireflu

Jesus Christ Alfa... thats ALOT of loot!

So far this year all ive acquired is a new pair of socks! O and a toothbrush.

sam27368

Banned
GAF help me with my pickup! My PS3 collection is still being built.
I'm going to get a couple of these week, (I've already got the bulk of the "classic blockbuster" PS3 games).
Which one (or two, or three) of the following should I pick up?

Assassins Creed 2
The Force Unleashed
InFamous
Dragon Age Origins
Bayonetta (is it worth getting on PS3?)
Elder Scrolls IV
Demon's Souls
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Burnout Paradise
The Orange Box
Ratchet & Crank: A Crack in Time
Prince of Persia

V_Ben

Banned
sam27368 said:
I'm going to get a couple of these week, (I've already got the bulk of the "classic blockbuster" PS3 games).

Assassins Creed 2

InFamous

Elder Scrolls IV
Demon's Souls
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Burnout Paradise

Prince of Persia

those IMO. prince of persia may not be to everyone's taste :)

neoism

25oz38l.jpg

Emancipator <3 <3, Came out today sooooooooooo good!

2le066p.jpg

Also finally got this printed, I'm happy with it, but zazzle still managed to fuck it up a little. They didn't make it bright enough! :)

sam27368 said:

InFamous

Demon's Souls

Burnout Paradise

Prince of Persia
Here

neoism said:
2le066p.jpg

Also finally got this printed, I'm happy with it, but zazzle still managed to fuck it up a little. They didn't make it bright enough! :)

Whoa, that's one of the best video game posters I've ever seen. I'm jealous.

neoism said:
2le066p.jpg

*picks jaw up off of floor* Ummm, you can send it to me and have them make a brighter one for ya :)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
practice02 said:
What are you going to do with that 60Gig?

Yeah I used my Product Replacement Plan like Krae said. My 60GB was dying so I really had no choice. Futureshop repaired it 3 times before and I intentionally microwaved the 60GBer for the 4th to get a a Slim and the difference (took a lot of convincing:D).

So in the end I ended up with a new slim and $400CDN on a gift card:lol

jergrah

King Chozo said:
*picks jaw up off of floor* Ummm, you can send it to me and have them make a brighter one for ya :)
'You must not be familiar with Orioto's work? You can find that one and many more awesome ones in his thread here

jergrah said:
'You must not be familiar with Orioto's work? You can find that one and many more awesome ones in his thread here
o_O I just poo'd myself. So how (who) did you (go to, to) get it made into a poster?!? My brain has exploded.

Liquidus said:
Yeah I used my Product Replacement Plan like Krae said. My 60GB was dying so I really had no choice. Futureshop repaired it 3 times before and I intentionally microwaved the 60GBer for the 4th to get a a Slim and the difference (took a lot of convincing:D).

nice

krae_man

Liquidus said:

Use that $400 and finally buy yourself an XBR9 or something. Or are you still holding out for "the next best most awesome TV"?

2ef14it.jpg

Simpsons season 5, 7, and 8 - been a really long time since I've rewatched any of these episodes, so it is extremely nostalgic.
Eyeshield 21 Vol. 27 - recently got into this series, and loved it. Christmas Bowl arc is so good.
One Piece Season 2: First Voyage - props to FUNimation on their continued efforts with One Piece in America!

CaptainCamerica said:
...and my big pick-up this month was my 2008 Ford Fusion
2w74854.jpg

Hey how has that Fusion been working out for you? I've read alot of great reviews mentioning the handling. I've been trying to help my mom find a new car since here lease is up soon and she's interested in the new Fusions.

BTW, Whats that green stuff under the snow there? Grass perhaps? Havn't seen grass for ages up here in the north

neoism

King Chozo said:
o_O I just poo'd myself. So how (who) did you (go to, to) get it made into a poster?!? My brain has exploded.
I used Zazzle.com, they are good, but I guess I just didn't make it bright enough, even though I spent 2 hours in photoshop making sure it was right,
I'm still happy with it, but it should have been a little bit brighter.

If you do use the site, make sure it's not a well known"copyrighted material", I'm lucky I guess, because I tried to print a LOST poster a while back, and they declined to do it.
Also if Orioto reads this thread, I'd like to say thanks for the permission to print it!:D

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
krae_man said:
Use that $400 and finally buy yourself an XBR9 or something. Or are you still holding out for "the next best most awesome TV"?

Oh silly Krae... I think you know that I'll die playing on my Sony CRT set:lol

I was reading Gizmodo and Engadget in regards to the next Sony HDTVs and I think 2010/1 might be the year I get into the HDTV era.

I'm tempted to get a Panasonic plasma but my Sony infatuation would fuck my bum from the inside so I can't commit. I'm loyal until the end.

grkazan12

Found it at Kmart Completely Sealed and New, Can't wait to play it
Stupid question but is the original cover for Mass Effect rare these days?
4289356424_72376d9528.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
grkazan12 said:
Found it at Kmart Completely Sealed and New, Can't wait to play it
Stupid question but is the original cover for Mass Effect rare these days?

you get the dlc for free with the greatest hits one

January has been a Bluray and Wii pickup kinda month. My fiance loves just about everything mario, she finds NSMBWii pretty difficult, but she's having a great time with Super Mario Galaxy (not shown, but another Jan pickup), had to get the resident evil remake though, ive been on a major RE trip lately.

january2010pickup.jpg

Wireless Rocketfish GC controller for Resident Evil from Best Buy for $20.99, worth it.

january2010pickup1.jpg

Liquid Dust said:
had to get the resident evil remake though, ive been on a major RE trip lately.
How does it play? Everytime I see it in the store I wonder about getting it but I don't want to get it and be disappointed. Does it have the same old tank controls or a new scheme or what? If it has the tank controls, how good do they feel with the wii remote and nunchuk and if it has new controls, how are they?

King Chozo said:
How does it play? Everytime I see it in the store I wonder about getting it but I don't want to get it and be disappointed. Does it have the same old tank controls or a new scheme or what? If it has the tank controls, how good do they feel with the wii remote and nunchuk and if it has new controls, how are they?

Unfortunately, it isn't a complete rework in controls like Resident Evil 4 Wii was. There are no graphical improvements and it still plays just as the original Gamecube version did, like a tank, but that is something that I am perfectly fine with. I missed out on the GC version and I had heard and read so many good reviews about the game when it came out, so it was a no brainer for me. So I picked up a wireless Nyko Gamecube controller and went at it, but I have yet to try it with the Wiimote, I might give it a try and let you know if you're not interested in using a GC controller.

Overall don't expect any differences, but its still a damn good game. I will definitely be picking up RE:Zero for Wii as well soon.

Liquid Dust said:
Unfortunately, it isn't a complete rework in controls like Resident Evil 4 Wii was. There are no graphical improvements and it still plays just as the original Gamecube version did, like a tank, but that is something that I am perfectly fine with. I missed out on the GC version and I had heard and read so many good reviews about the game when it came out, so it was a no brainer for me. So I picked up a wireless Nyko Gamecube controller and went at it, but I have yet to try it with the Wiimote, I might give it a try and let you know if you're not interested in using a GC controller.

Overall don't expect any differences, but its still a damn good game. I will definitely be picking up RE:Zero for Wii as well soon.
Hm, I didn't even think of using a gamecube controller. I might have to pick it up sometime. Lately I've been picking up older games at ridiculous low prices.
2rpa96u.jpg

GTA: ELC was $20, Fallout 3: GOTY (double dipped, already have it for 360 and all DLC but I couldn't resist) was $35, Pacific Rift was $20, Bioshock was $10, and Ghostbusters was the best find, clearance at Target for $15. The Fear and Loathing on blu ray was a mess. Ordered it on Amazon because I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. It ended up taking forever to ship (ordered it the beginning of Nov and got it Jan 2nd). Popped it in my PS3 and all of the menus are German. I panicked at first but I managed my way through the menus to find that they have english voiced playback so I'm set. Mass Effect 2 CE will be here launch day too :) Can't freakin wait!

WEGGLES

ili0926 said:
Is it the Olympic Island concert?

I missed it when Bloc Party came around. Spent a long time regretting it. What's holding you back?
The drive, and I'll be on my co-op then so I may not be able to get time off :{

AlfaTrion

S. L. said:
that Seiko is hot sex dude

Fireflu said:
Jesus Christ Alfa... thats ALOT of loot!

So far this year all ive acquired is a new pair of socks! O and a toothbrush.

You can NEVER go wrong with a new toothbrush. Socks... sometimes.

-Oath said:
First post. Woot, yay, alright....
Shitty haul so far (as far as size goes).
Good games though.

Hey man, it's not the size that counts. It's how you- wait... that's something else.
Either way, do you like your haul? Then you're a winner :)

Welcome, btw!

Finally picked up a new Laptop, I only had 1000 bucks to spend and in Japan finding a powerful laptop for 1000 bucks is pretty tough. so, I finally decided on this beauty, reduced from 2000 bucks to a cool 990 bucks.

Gateway P7900-37FX

Specs;
Quad core 2
Nvidia Geforce GTX-260M 1GB
4GB DDR3
Blu ray drive
500GB
17inch LCD screen
Win7

4289597358_75521db2b9_b.jpg

YAY! First post :D !!!! My account got verified after like 6 months :lol

Anyway, heres all I got for the month, a few school books, a laptop for school(stupid teacher said we NEEDED one :( , latest House season($15 on Amazon), Speaker for the Dead, Hydro-Whey(shit sucks, I'm just sticking to the regular whey), and Jack3d(they changed their formula so I had to buy a few before their gone).

janpickups1.jpg

DJmizuhara said:
Finally picked up a new Laptop, I only had 1000 bucks to spend and in Japan finding a powerful laptop for 1000 bucks is pretty tough. so, I finally decided on this beauty, reduced from 2000 bucks to a cool 990 bucks.

Gateway P7900-37FX

Specs;
Quad core 2
Nvidia Geforce GTX-260M 1GB
4GB DDR3
Blu ray drive
500GB
17inch LCD screen
Win7

4289597358_75521db2b9_b.jpg
Do Blu-Rays look good on that?

I'm thinking of picking up a laptop with a BR player, but I'm wondering of the screen makes it worthwhile. I've never really found a decent looking screen on a laptop.

-PXG-

Good to be back. Anyway, Got a lot of stuff in this passed month. Yeah...

b1a4dc09.jpg

Blood Diamond, Inglourious Basterds, The Taking of Pelham 123
King of Fighters XII, Borderlands, Fallout 3 GOTY, Bladerunner
District 9, Apocalypto, Falling Down

322b79e4.jpg

9c8f8f04.jpg

115d0266.jpg

11b54a83.jpg

85781046.jpg

c77d5fe6.jpg

Finally got my autographed Scribblenauts poster framed

noname6.jpg

noname5.jpg

noname4.jpg

noname3.jpg

noname2.jpg

50192d99.jpg

e5dcb08e.jpg

2e0897cf.jpg

06723293.jpg

c77df848.jpg

100_1809-1.jpg

LG Vu and an 8 GB iPod Touch

If any of you are wondering, that is Christina Lindberg, from "Thriller - A Cruel Picture"

Here's my shiny Fossil watch:

Photo42.jpg

It's hard to tell from the blurry photo booth pic, but there's floating gears and bolts in the orange liquid.

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Do Blu-Rays look good on that?

Yeah, BR's look awesome on the laptop the laptop also has a HDMI port and it again it looks great. The only thing is, the screen isn't full HD 1080P not many laptops have a full HD 1080P screen and if they do they're crazy expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom