• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4300782642_2838ec5c1c_o.jpg

Apologies for the horrible image quality.

4300502312_a5303b0065_o.jpg

↑ Not mine, but I wish it was.

xRosvall said:
iiCZzYhpF.jpg

Second pick-up of the month.
Now I just need Mass Effect 2 and the month will be complete:D

Having (sadly) read all of those books, and as a fan of all 3 franchises, I can tell you Halo: Evolutions and Gears of War: Aspho Fields are worth your time. All the others... not so much, despite what Garnett Lee thinks of Karpyshyn's writing.

Litflynt912 said:
lol....you've never been to best buy and had items with price tags ring up for less?

This thread is to show pickups.... (at least for me)
and I take exception to my integrity being questioned...

so here you go...
GzMqu.jpg

now lets get back to showing off those epic pickups! ^^

sorry man I was just joking. Secondly 25.99 is 26... hahah

stryker1138 said:
Having (sadly) read all of those books, and as a fan of all 3 franchises, I can tell you Halo: Evolutions and Gears of War: Aspho Fields are worth your time. All the others... not so much, despite what Garnett Lee thinks of Karpyshyn's writing.

And I can tell you, Aspho Fields like every Karen Traviss book is shit. After reading the book, I felt compelled to play the game to remind me why I like Gears of War.

HUELEN10

a4vuia.png

Yet ANOTHER Werehog. This one is a dedicated Stylus holder for my desk.Fits just right. :lol

I will also get the Megaman JUVIs when I find them. :D

WEGGLES

Phaethon0017 said:
But then he'd be in the picture, and he'd be prone to shops and what not of himself. /irrational fear Also since it's new he probably doesn't now how to use the timer. I still don't know how to use the one on mine.
It should have a timer setting. And he should have some form of tripod :U

Drame

Got some late Christmas presents from my sister.

Portal Battlemat.

2re1eev.jpg

Half-Life 2 Headcrab hat. I'm totally going to wear this when I'm going to town.

f372f5.jpg

And Left 4 Dead 2 hoodie.

j8yyqa.jpg
2qwpi87.jpg

The gifts might be late, but at least she knows what to get for me. Thanks sis!

iSimon said:
If you were playing it safe you would have waited until after Wednesday Apple event...
But, nice pick up! :D

I had considered that but there were circumstances that still would have been the same and I would have had an even longer wait. That sounds really cryptic but basically I got it through work for cheap(er) and that is the only way I could swing it. Appreciate the compliment, it is nice, no regrets.

EDIT - Is there even any evidence that an update is coming this quickly much less what it is?

dyonPT

Gouken said:
dyonPT said:
January pick-up's so far:

VGM1.JPG

dynoPT, thats an interesting book, could you please tell me what kind of videogames detail does it cover? is it just brief history of the cover systems or does it go more in depth in terms the entire videogame era?

This are all the chapters in the book:

VG3.JPG

Each chapter it talks about the hardware, and then shows 10 favorite games on the platform.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
stryker1138 said:

I actually REALLY enjoyed Mass Effect: Revelations. I've yet to pick up the 2nd one.

BigHow

Neo Member
I saw this yesterday and couldn't help myself. Now it sits in my home, waiting to be framed:

IMG_1373.jpg

It's an animation cel from the excellent SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES episode "Knight Time".

It's signed by all four producers on that episode: Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Paul Dini, and Glen Murakami.

The best thing about the cell is that it's from a sequence where Superman is dressed up as Batman in order to disguise the fact that Batman has gone missing. So really, it's like having a cell of Superman AND Batman! :D

adversesolutions said:

Hey could you go into detail on the Valkyria Chronicles pickups you got there? Did most of that come with the VC2 psp limited edition or something?

Impressions on VC2?

Just finished VC1 last week so im highly interested!

isny

napkin dispenser
My first post in this thread =)

I was at Disneyland last week and picked up a bunch of items there. One of the best pickups from there is in the photo! (Disneyland 55th anniversary playing cards)

Also finally got my HP Blu set from Amazon.co.uk today...took over a month to arrive!

janpickup1.jpg

Liquid Dust said:
Hey could you go into detail on the Valkyria Chronicles pickups you got there? Did most of that come with the VC2 psp limited edition or something?

Impressions on VC2?

Just finished VC1 last week so im highly interested!

VC1 art book on the left. The other stuff I got with the LE of VC2, including the telecard at the top right for picking up the game at Sofmap. The DVD case at the top I think has a making of/anime for VC2.

rj118

Picked up my first ever HDTV today! 23" 1080p LED LCD Vizio. 360 looks great on it! Excited for March, I can't wait to play FFXIII.

hdtv.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
fooooods

no time for myself/gaming, just for fooooods and gaming events/conferences

Shitty mobile pics...

19863_265957038882_507353882_3392760_4531665_n.jpg

19863_257603978882_507353882_3369208_3153689_n.jpg

Hello!! long time lurker..and I finally got approved to post!!
I'm pretty knowledgeable in HDTV input lag stuff, so feel free to ask me stuff about it.

Here are few of the stuff I got in the pass months.

xbox360 elite to replace my RROD 360.
4302381072_84dd9058a1.jpg

laptop I haven't even opened yet
4301632781_b502746bba.jpg

Krp-500m & sony sound bar.
4301632569_9e24455185.jpg

rj118 said:
Picked up my first ever HDTV today! 23" 1080p LED LCD Vizio. 360 looks great on it! Excited for March, I can't wait to play FFXIII.

hdtv.jpg

Congrats! I bought my first HDTV last summer and ironically it was a 22" 1080p Vizio. Once I finish school, I'll graduate to the big league TV.

nice shinshoryuken. I have a KRP-500M also. Had it since early/mid last year. Best display ever. I patched mine with the ISFccc patch :D makes it even better. (especially if you have a meter to calibrate it or have someone do it for you) If you haven't got it yet you should get up on it. I posted mine in the set up thread.

Hato-kun

luka said:
Bakemonogatari pick-ups

Gah. Been meaning to import the Blu-ray. Brilliant series, and I wish I could read the novels.

Two new pick-ups.

2r6yy9v.jpg

New TV rack. Just fits my 32" so I'm pleased about that, good to store the consoles under as well. Though I can't fit many games up the top, gonna have to buy a separate rack or find somewhere better to put them.

24fn4ib.jpg

A new desk to house my 'Oh so crappy' computer. Really need to upgrade it...

Persona7

Banned
stryker1138 said:
I really enjoyed the Gears Of War(I need the second one though) and Mass Effect books...As well as the Perfect Dark books.

Pappasman

Hato-kun said:
Gah. Been meaning to import the Blu-ray. Brilliant series, and I wish I could read the novels.

Two new pick-ups.

2r6yy9v.jpg

New TV rack. Just fits my 32" so I'm pleased about that, good to store the consoles under as well. Though I can't fit many games up the top, gonna have to buy a separate rack or find somewhere better to put them.

awesome school food punishment background.

Hato-kun

Pappasman said:
awesome school food punishment background.

:D Thanks. I have a massive of scan of the album cover, so I decided to use it as my BG, works wonderfully. I'm looking for a giant Light Prayer scan though, because I prefer it over the Futuristic Imagination.

Pappasman

Hato-kun said:
:D Thanks. I have a massive of scan of the album cover, so I decided to use it as my BG, works wonderfully. I'm looking for a giant Light Prayer scan though, because I prefer it over the Futuristic Imagination.

I love the song Futuristic imagination. its seriously one of my favorites of all time.

Hato-kun

Pappasman said:
I love the song Futuristic imagination. its seriously one of my favorites of all time.

Brilliant song. Osamu is a nutcase when it comes to his weird-ass beats. Listen to Light Prayer if you haven't already. So epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom