• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
(First post)

2mzm780.jpg

Up now on european Playstation Store, or try the flashversion here.

Very awesome Tower Defense game that is, thanks to its simplicity, perfect when you're on the go. Big recommendation.

Litflynt912 said:
small mid month pick up while out..

the fight pad was clearance at BB
for $19

the 3mo starter kit was clearance for $25

comic part of my mid month midtown pickup
dwzxT.jpg

says 29.99 on the box... FAILed to impress

Celcius

°Temp. member
^^Awesome, is it figures or trading cards? (or both?)

@Wormdundee: How do you like those A900s? I've been eyeballing the AD700s and A700s for a while.

Unregistered007 said:
says 29.99 on the box... FAILed to impress

lol....you've never been to best buy and had items with price tags ring up for less?

This thread is to show pickups.... (at least for me)
and I take exception to my integrity being questioned...

so here you go...
GzMqu.jpg

now lets get back to showing off those epic pickups! ^^

MidnightScott said:
You best be getting Brawl & New Super Mario Bros. Wii!
Yes, sir! I was thinking of the Metroid Prime Trilogy next and a 2000 points card and classic controller. Too many awesome games, too little money. :(

krae_man

Wormdundee said:
How would that work? I have a receipt ticket with my name on it showing that I'm the one that owns this ticket. Unless they're going to steal my entire identity so that they can go see a JoCo show this isn't going to happen. Also, these aren't exactly expensive tickets. It would probably cost more to reproduce one good enough than to just buy the damn thing.

There's good paranoid, and there's overboard paranoid.

Here's how it works: Since they can see the barcode, they can duplicate the ticket.

Why dont you post a picture of your credit card then(front and back).

They dont have your any ID with your name it or your billing address and any fraud committed can be reversed so their no harm in doing so.

Posting pics of tickets with barcodes is just as stupid.

Seriously, edit your pics and never post barcodes of tickets.

Stalfos

Aljosa said:
Yes, sir! I was thinking of the Metroid Prime Trilogy next and a 2000 points card and classic controller. Too many awesome games, too little money. :(
From what I've heard the Metroid Prime Trilogy is being discontinued, so you may want to get it while you still can. Unless you don't care about getting it used.

NoName#1

Neo Member
First time posting in this thread.

Here are the Blu-Rays I picked up so far in Jan.
Jan1.jpg

Slow month so far for games. I hadn't played Call of Duty since CoD 2 for PC so I decided to pick up CoD4 & CoD: WaW but I haven't had a chance to play them since I can't stop playing stupid MW2.
Jan3.jpg

Here is my music for the month. That is the new definitive Okkervil River with both Black Sheep Boy & the Appendix.
Jan2.jpg

I grabbed a new suit just after New Years for a new job and some kitchen stuff that we needed since moving into our new place.
Jan6.jpg

Jan5.jpg

However my biggest purchase of the month was $600 replacing the windsheild that cracked while driving down the highway on a -37 degree night.
Jan4.jpg

OMG Aero

Starwolf_UK said:
One off-topic thing I have to vent out is why do online retailers use work in progress placeholder box even after a game is out? Look up N+ on online retailers. The ones I looked at didsn't have the boxart posted above (the boxart above is the official boxart as it is the box shown on the official website).
If I recall correctly, N+ for DS was never released in the UK. That's why retailers won't have the box art.

Verapamil

Banned
Jumped in, I've had a PS3 since launch and an XBOX (but not a PS2) in the last generation.

I guess I like the underdog!

4298421034_f938fb90bd.jpg

Late December/Early January pick-ups. Sale prices were too good to pass up.

4298421350_da9be251b5.jpg

EDIT: WiFi dongle is on the way, courtesy of Amazon. Wha? Not included?!?

otakuderek

Picked up Borderlands (XB360, new) for 12.99 with Gamestop's trade-in one, get one for 19.99 deal. Employee discount pushed the price lower. Quite satisfied with it so far :D

Also got Mass Effect (platinum hits version, new) for 19.99 at Meijer since Gamestop decided to raise the price of the used ones to 24.99!

Sortes

Neo Member
Jal said:
iPod Touch Dock

2prwf9c.jpg

How is it, that the Neogaf homepage looks so good on your iphone? Mine is just like the "normal" pc Neogaf homepage? I apologize in advance if my question is just too plane stupid :)

Hex

Banned
Sortes said:
How is it, that the Neogaf homepage looks so good on your iphone? Mine is just like the "normal" pc Neogaf homepage? I apologize in advance if my question is just too plane stupid :)

Someone whipped up a neogaf ap if I am not mistaken, saw a thread in OT a bit back.

Sortes

Neo Member
Fumetsu said:
Someone whipped up a neogaf ap if I am not mistaken, saw a thread in OT a bit back.

Oh.. I totally missed that. Thank you so much sir, i will defenetly look into that. :)

Sortes

Neo Member
Fantasy Final said:

This is amazing!! I said it once and i will say it again, you people are really the nicest bunch on the whole wide web.

It's like stepping back to the year 2001 where people actually bothered to help each other on the net, instead of just whine and complain.

Oh, i gotta stop these speeches cause i sound like a kiss-ass... Which i am defenetly not, if you met me in real life you would probally call me just the opposite!:lol

Anyways, thanks again and i'm sorry that i havent posted any pictures. The reason is that right now i am very poor, but when NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) is coming, i might have the funds to buy something as cool as your guys stuff :)

Drame

Solemn Nomad said:
Here are some games and comics I picked up this month.

*Mushihime-sama goodness*[IMG][/QUOTE]
Great pick-ups. Mushihime-sama stick looks so good in real pictures, digging the color scheme of the buttons too.

imtehman

Banned
Verapamil said:
Jumped in, I've had a PS3 since launch and an XBOX (but not a PS2) in the last generation.

I guess I like the underdog!

lol i am exacty the same way.

i got saturn and n64 before ps1. Dreamcast and gamecube for ps2.

and now i got a 360 and ps3 before wii. but i don't own the wii yet

celcius said:
^^Awesome, is it figures or trading cards? (or both?)

@Wormdundee: How do you like those A900s? I've been eyeballing the AD700s and A700s for a while.

They seem to be good. I quite like the wacky AT 'headband' and they give really good isolation. I've only used them a couple times at this point so I can't really give my views on how the sound is in gaming.

Knives for culinary school

Top 2
Both, Messermeister fine cut sharpening steel and bread knife
Bottom 3
All, Mercer Genesis 10 inch Chef's knife, 6 inch flexible boning, 3 inch pairing knife

waiting to hear from the knife seller(s) cause it was supposed to include a Messermeister pivot peeler.

I suck at digital camera's :/
2d1occ1.jpg

PEZIX

Banned
I've been waiting three years to get approved to post on this thread, so I just wanna say hi to everybody and show some pick up love!

Ok so this weeks pick ups!

4298459211_db36613427_m.jpg

enewtabie

A couple pickups recently.
I really hate buying tires for some reason. I know you need them,but I can't stand it. I bought them from Discount Tire Direct and got a great price. Just some Falken 512s.
Also got a little remote control car for my son, a copy of Army of Two and I bought Company of Heroes on Steam for 5 bucks(Thanks Steam!):lol

023-1.jpg

001-18.jpg

002-16.jpg

004-13.jpg

Forsete

Got tired of waiting for SE to get its ass into gear so I got the 3GS. Loving it so far, this is the third mobile phone I have ever bought (first being SE Z600, second being W880i) so its a huge jump, cant keep my hands off it.

4299286198_224fb2f3e6_b.jpg

rockmang15

Neo Member
A little Early Gift from the Game Fairy. Got Frank West Unlocked by beating it 3 times with a capcom character. can't figure out how to unlock Zero... Grrrrrr!!!

tvc.jpg

mike23

My pickups:

Sorry for the stock photo. I couldn't figure out how to get my camera to take a picture of itself.

63388624046209676792182_223x149_Category_K-x_White.jpg

And I picked up this lens to go with it:

9ux79d.png

It happens to be sitting on my bed, which is also brand new:

4k7b7o.png

Some comp stuff I got in the mail the other day. The two SSDs are in raid 0 with Windows 7 on them. The ram was 2x4gb bringing my computer's total to 12.

j0bdvq.png

Bii

mike23 said:
Sorry for the stock photo. I couldn't figure out how to get my camera to take a picture of itself.

You could've used the camera's self-timer mode and place the camera in front of a mirror. Or take a picture of the box the camera came in.

AcridMeat

Banned
mike23 said:
My pickups:

And I picked up this lens to go with it:

9ux79d.png

Nice, what speed is it? f/3.5?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Nikon 50mm f/1.8D I've been looking at for the last couple of weeks. With the semester starting Monday, not sure if I can afford it :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom