• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YO-Q

rj118 said:
Picked up my first ever HDTV today! 23" 1080p LED LCD Vizio. 360 looks great on it! Excited for March, I can't wait to play FFXIII.

aww, congratz on shifting to the HD era, you seem very excited, Enjoy! :lol

FrankNitty said:
nice shinshoryuken. I have a KRP-500M also. Had it since early/mid last year. Best display ever. I patched mine with the ISFccc patch :D makes it even better. (especially if you have a meter to calibrate it or have someone do it for you) If you haven't got it yet you should get up on it. I posted mine in the set up thread.

Yeah the krp-500m can't be touch in terms of image quality.

I'm still debating if I should patch mine or not, did it make a huge different?

I only play games on it that is sensitive to input lag, most of the time I play on the LCD.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
100_5153.jpg

espIIblle.png

Got DeathSmiles the other day and I'm enjoying it immensely. Espgaluda II Black Label LE should be awesome when I get it in. I need to look in a wall mount that I can turn vertical for shmups though.

Ashour

mehdi_san said:
I don't know who is the person who got the initial idea for this thread, but he's (or she's) a genius ! I really love it ! :)

A little bit late, but here are a few of my favorite holiday pickups :D

The very beautiful PS3 lightning edition :)
2nly9nk.jpg
It's allot better looking than i thought. congrats.
Jet Grind Radio! said:
:lol. that's some weird thing you got there Jet.

InfiniteNine said:
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/InfiniteNine/100_5153.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/InfiniteNine/espIIblle.png[IMG]
Got DeathSmiles the other day and I'm enjoying it immensely. Espgaluda II Black Label LE should be awesome when I get it in. I need to look in a wall mount that I can turn vertical for shmups though.[/QUOTE]
Quick question. Did they draw a kitty? :o

Bluth54

BigHow said:
I saw this yesterday and couldn't help myself. Now it sits in my home, waiting to be framed:

IMG_1373.jpg

It's an animation cel from the excellent SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES episode "Knight Time".

It's signed by all four producers on that episode: Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Paul Dini, and Glen Murakami.

The best thing about the cell is that it's from a sequence where Superman is dressed up as Batman in order to disguise the fact that Batman has gone missing. So really, it's like having a cell of Superman AND Batman! :D
Wow that's amazing. I would love to have something like that. Such a great episode too.

InfiniteNine said:
100_5153.jpg

espIIblle.png

Got DeathSmiles the other day and I'm enjoying it immensely. Espgaluda II Black Label LE should be awesome when I get it in. I need to look in a wall mount that I can turn vertical for shmups though.

Make sure to pick up the US edition of DS too if you can.

EspII goddamn that price is rape. I just paid 95 bucks plus bank fees from CAVE's store, but that's only for people in the country so I dunno.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Stabby McSter said:
Quick question. Did they draw a kitty? :eek:
They didn't when I ordered my Japanese 360 from them, so I'm hoping they will when they ship the game next month. I've been doing this for months and won't stop till someone draws a kitty on my package. :lol

adversesolutions said:
Make sure to pick up the US edition of DS too if you can.

EspII goddamn that price is rape. I just paid 95 bucks plus bank fees from CAVE's store, but that's only for people in the country so I dunno.
I will if I can't play online with my buddy using the JP version, going to put this one in the free to a good home thread when I can get a LE edition of it. Figure it'd be a nice gift to whoever claims it. :D

It really is, but I didn't have many options in importing since Play-Asia and other places almost insta-filled their pre-orders. I wanted the Limited Edition though so I guess I have to pay some sort of premium. :lol

SW20

Donos said:
How good are they? i'm searching a good one. Problem is that most of the heat develops under the top left corner (graphic card) of my notebook and not in the middle and in most instances the coolers have a fan in the middle. I don't mind a loud fan noise, i just want as much cooling as possible.

Decent cooling fans. Depends how hot ur laptop gets and the size but they should get the job done bought them at best buy for $21.00+tax each.

Praetorianer

Neo Member
Hello everyone! Finally I'm able to post!

7532264cup.jpg

Damn couldn't get a good shot without massive reflections. And yes, the coffee tastes better out of that mug!

4487339filteria.jpg

1498336filteria1.jpg

Too bad there's no CD release, but better than nothing. Now he just has to release the Lunar Remix version of Crop Circles' "Lunar Civilization". Guess nobody knows what I'm talking about...

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Yay! My first 3 vinyls ever.

Tegan And Sara: The Con, Sainthood
Kid Cudi: Man on the Moon

zx0gms.jpg

Don't really know why I bought them as I have the CDs but whatever:lol

Alucrid

Banned
Liquidus said:
Yay! My first 3 vinyls ever.

Tegan And Sara: The Con, Sainthood
Kid Cudi: Man on the Moon

http://i45.tinypic.com/zx0gms.jpg[IMG]

[B]Don't really know why I bought them as I[/B] have the CDs but whatever:lol[/QUOTE]

I thought the following words were going to be "don't have a record player." :lol Anyways they sound much better on vinyl, depending on your set up of course, so that's one reason. I need to pick up The Con one of these days.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Alucrid said:
I thought the following words were going to be "don't have a record player." :lol Anyways they sound much better on vinyl, depending on your set up of course, so that's one reason. I need to pick up The Con one of these days.

Yeah that's what I heard but yes I do not have a record player. I'm thinking of picking up a Sony one off of eBay.

ismaboof

BigHow said:
I saw this yesterday and couldn't help myself. Now it sits in my home, waiting to be framed:

IMG_1373.jpg

It's an animation cel from the excellent SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES episode "Knight Time".

It's signed by all four producers on that episode: Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Paul Dini, and Glen Murakami.

The best thing about the cell is that it's from a sequence where Superman is dressed up as Batman in order to disguise the fact that Batman has gone missing. So really, it's like having a cell of Superman AND Batman! :D
How much did this cost you and where did you get it?

Mr. Sam

Got a Green Lantern shirt (you know - for the ladies):

2hi6nax.jpg

Five new volumes of One Piece:

eg1nit.jpg

A couple new Blu-rays:

5umqnd.jpg

And the second series of Doctor Who:

fyo2de.jpg

eXistor

Some stuff. For those wondering if the Guiness thing is any good: no it's not. It's aimed at young gamers, the layout is completely fucked up and the info is not very well researched, lot of mistakes and omissions.

DSC00486.jpg

Gouken

Banned
after all those years, i finally managed to take the plunge and purchase a PS3, white PSP-3000 and and HTC HD2 cellphone. i'm not a fan of WinMo after using Android and iPhone OS X, but i'll give it a shot before returning it.

what good games do you recommend for the PS3 since i'm a PS3 virgin, anything but sport games please, thanks!

photo-9.jpg

geinou

Neo Member
Gouken said:
what good games do you recommend for the PS3 since i'm a PS3 virgin, anything but sport games please, thanks!

Both Uncharted games. That would be a great start, I suppose. Great games, you will enjoy it. After that... uhm... maybe Metal Gear Solid 4? It's MGS. Come on, you can't do something wrong with Tactical Espionage Action (and some fucked up story, but I like that). If you like RPG's: Final Fantasy XIII comes out in a few weeks. And if you like First Person Shooters, Killzone 2 should make it for you. These are only a few games, PS3 has much more cooler games, like Valkyria Chronicles. You already have a 360? Then aim for some of the exklusivs, like for example Valkyria Chronicles. It's so beautiful, I want to eat it. And don't forget Demon's Souls!

Gouken

Banned
geinou said:
Both Uncharted games. That would be a great start, I suppose. Great games, you will enjoy it. After that... uhm... maybe Metal Gear Solid 4? It's MGS. Come on, you can't do something wrong with Tactical Espionage Action (and some fucked up story, but I like that). If you like RPG's: Final Fantasy XIII comes out in a few weeks. And if you like First Person Shooters, Killzone 2 should make it for you. These are only a few games, PS3 has much more cooler games, like Valkyria Chronicles. You already have a 360? Then aim for some of the exklusivs, like for example Valkyria Chronicles. It's so beautiful, I want to eat it. And don't forget Demon's Souls!

i'm all over FF13. also i was under the impression Valkyria Chronicles is a PS3 exclusive. tanks for the recommendations, i'll make sure to pick up Uncharted 2.

Today was first and only time I ever asked a Gamestop employee to search for a used-game for me on the computer, and voile:

157c712.jpg

South Philly ftw.

Ledsen

HUELEN10 said:
287on53.png

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/huelen1/Game%20Collections/8a01a518.jpg[/IMG]
I've been looking for this since 2003. Holy shit it's amazing.

:O :O :O

This exists? OMFG I loved that manga as a kid...
where did you get it?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Oh and it's been a busy and expensive day:

1. Car rental with breathalyzer machine: $214.99

2. Honda Winter Tune Up appointment $72

3. Breathalyzer machine hook up for my car: $300

4. 4 winter tires: $350

5. Oh and 12 months of insurance:
ei6r2o.jpg

Listen up kids! NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE!

Luckily I only hurt
my wallet.

HUELEN10

red shoe paul said:
You definitely just poured on his parade.
He did not. Why would I care about that? It's like asking Thomas Edison to sign a camcorder. No, I plan on doing something much more apt. If I play my cards right, LESLIE SWAN IS GONNA SIGN IT! :D

This is my first time posting. Always been a fan of the thread.

First pick-up of the month was an ASUS MS226H monitor. Love it so far.
jr8nj7.jpg

24yz8gi.jpg

And just today, Endwar Bundles for $20 each. Don't care much for the game, but 20 is a good price for the wireless headsets.
2d94w89.jpg

MakgSnake

Banned
Amazing picture guys! Awesome stuff.

ONE QUICK QUESTION.

I have never posted stuff before (of my assets). So can I post picture of stuff I have bought this month and last month and a few months before all together? Just wondering.

Finally picked up the hoard of parcels that got sent to my parents' place, after they all got delivered at once (probably being hoarded because of the damn ice):

nxw2rn.jpg

Bayonetta: Climax Edition (yeah, I've been waiting for over two weeks :()
Eneloop batteries w/ charger (thanks for the tip GAF!)
Let's Tap (got it for a fiver. Most difficult part of it so far is the menu system :lol)
Air: The Motion Picture (Been told it's better than the series, <3 Key stuff)
Classic Word Games (a Christmas present from a friend. It'll probably beat my gift to her - I got her Episodes from Liberty City
only to be reminded she sold her 360 several months ago :lol
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom