• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettWeir

Blu-rays and games

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

iPod Touch x 2 (Left 8 gig, right, 32 gig), WD 500 gig external, PSP Assassin's Creed bundle, not pictured because it is in the PSP, Photofast with two 16 gig Micro SD's. LOVE 32 gig PSP!

4.jpg

And my favorite pickup.........

LG 47" LCD TV 1080p, 120hz

5.jpg

MidnightScott said:
Hey I thought Tatsunoko VS Capcom wouldn't be in stores until tomorrow, and No More Heroes 2 won't be there until Thursday. Where did you get them early?

I just picked them up today too, they're definitely available right now at most Gamestops at least.

MidnightScott said:
Hey I thought Tatsunoko VS Capcom wouldn't be in stores until tomorrow, and No More Heroes 2 won't be there until Thursday. Where did you get them early?

jetsetfluken said:
I just picked them up today too, they're definitely available right now at most Gamestops at least.

Wherever GS has a midnight launch whatever is launching on said can be sold. So MAG, Mass Effect 2, No More Heroes 2, & Tatsunoko vs. Capcom were all purchasable at midnight if your local gamestop was participating.

botkiller

DeVeAn said:
Can you see the text in game while playing games that far from the TV? I ask because watching movies from that distance is great but, when I play games the text is kind of blurry. Of course I could just need stronger glasses.

I definitely prefer to sit closer to the TV when playing certain games; I'll usually slide my chair in front of the couch when I play CoD. I don't have any problems reading text from the couch, though, it's more of a "want to make sure I see the little movements in the distance" sorta thing.

MakgSnake

Banned
I went in to Best Buy to get Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT on Blu Ray. And... well also got myself.... Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition for XBOX360. I havn't even finished Mass Effect 1....

Just bought it because I know I wouldn't find it later on and .... well it looked so pretty!:D

2cgh4p5.jpg

1zdac6d.jpg

19876_274172006645_685251645_3924936_341746_n.jpg

No More Heroes 2 :D

I thought Best Buy wouldn't have it yet. Gonna get Tatsunoko VS Capcom on Saturday. I already own the Japanese version so it's okay.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
4306760469_a3f4b9ae41.jpg

Tatsunoko is from the other day; just picked up NMH2 and Mass Effect 2. Later this week I am getting Tenchu Kurenai Portable for PSP and Thexder on PSN. Good week!

ili0926

Lunchbox said:
ME Collector's edition

...I made a huge mistake.

I picked up the standard edition thinking that the N7 would be the steelbook's cover (I don't like the N7 cover)...turns out it's that badass Shepherd render?!

Fuck me.

DeVeAn

botkiller said:
I definitely prefer to sit closer to the TV when playing certain games; I'll usually slide my chair in front of the couch when I play CoD. I don't have any problems reading text from the couch, though, it's more of a "want to make sure I see the little movements in the distance" sorta thing.
You know I think it's more of what you said. I feel like I need to be closer when playing a game. I was thinking I was the only one.

2ypjg3p.jpg
15s57hx.jpg

dlgi7k.jpg
2qd4kt5.jpg

Eleven is alright, Twelve is stupid.

Bound in Blood feels simultaneously fresh and old. You're mostly doing the same sort of stuff you've been doing in other shooters, but there's always some nifty Westerny spin on it. And it feels really nice mechanically. The visuals are occasionally striking. Overall I quite like it so far. Hope they get to make it a trilogy.

Lunchbox

Banned
ili0926 said:
...I made a huge mistake.

I picked up the standard edition thinking that the N7 would be the steelbook's cover (I don't like the N7 cover)...turns out it's that badass Shepherd render?!

Fuck me.

its my favorite steel book, its slim and has shepard on one side / a enemy on the other. (its not fat with a cardboard holder inside like the halo/gears1/mass1 boxes) has 3 holders for all the discs and everything.

my bestbuy had a few extras when i went there (like 2). so snag it if you can find it and sell your copy to a friend or something.

MakgSnake

Banned
aggro crag said:
Massive props to Ronabo. Everything came in fantastic condition.

DSC01614.jpg

Guess which one is NTSC/J and NTSC/U.
DSC01613.jpg

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

Amazing aggro. Must have cost you a fortune.

And for that question, I believe we can tell if you turn both on.... right?

This arrived today:
33148b6d.jpg

And got my GameStop pre-order bonus yesterday. Will be picking up No More Heroes 2 and Tatsunoko should be this weekend.

*Pic was taken with my iphone...

BrettWeir

FrankNitty said:
Nice congrats. What model is that?

Also damn that Mass Effect 2 CE cover is sexy as hell

Thanks. It's an LG 47LH49. Love the thing. Upgraded from a 27" CRT.......

As for the prior post, it looks like it is over the ledge more than it is in that pic. It honly hangs over about an inch. Made plenty good and sure it wouldn't have any issues before setting it on the shelf.

It looks like my account has finally been activated. I'm glad to be able to join in the fun here.

January has been a slow month so far, but I managed to get a few things that have been on my list for a while now. Unfortunately a new camera hasn't been in the cards, so iPhone pics incoming...

I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from MW2, but hopefully these will help. I got routed my first match in Fifa 10...I need practice.
IMG_1819.jpg

New kicks!
IMG_1817.jpg

I finally found a good price on LP frames. The wood paneling came with the house, but I wouldn't have it any other way...
IMG_1822.jpg

The autobiography of Thomas The Tank Engine's greatest cast member
IMG_1818.jpg

A long lost 10" EP showed up in the mail...I bought it almost a year ago and thought it was a lost cause.
IMG_1821.jpg

PEZIX

Banned
Oh shit SON!!
4308120152_9b8d593343_m.jpg

Two copies ME2, one for me and one for my main dood since he dought the drinks friday night.. and MAG AWESOME NESS!!

4308120182_27cb9d3ca2_m.jpg

Oooo I love reverse covers!!

...OMG OMG OMG OMG cant wait for the Carnage to begin!!!!

4308120226_56e7fe4ea8_m.jpg

WTF IS THIS SHIT!!!! I swear if the ps3 didnt have that blu ray booty i woulda kickd da bitch to da curb a long time ago...

In the mean time..

MMMmmmmm Golden grahams!
4308120262_3e7fc6453f_m.jpg

Time to get to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom