• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kd9uty.jpg

24vsobq.jpg

Acer AspireRevo AR3610-U9022
Processor: Intel Atom 330(1.6GHz)
Cache Per Processor 1MB L2 Cache
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800
Hard Drive: 160GB 5400RPM SATA
Graphics: Integrated NVIDIA ION Graphics
Audio: High-Definition Audio Support
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Card: 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wireless
Crappy Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

JEKKI

more books!!!

1zogrqe.jpg

I have til March to learn this shyt!!

omg why did I choose this career path?!?! fml...

-PXG- said:
vordulmega_gaf_avatar.png

Also had Wendy's for lunch.
Vordul!!

<3 <3 <3

not pictured... I picked up the Madlib / Strong Arm Steady album off emusic.

waiting for new Statik Selektah!!

HUELEN10

_dementia said:

What's a Tatsunoko?
:p

This is the best, and most accurate reply one can make to this question. :lol

Seriously though, congrats. The Mario book cost me my gaming budget, so no Tatsunoko of my own for a while. :( Enjoy yours though, it's a great game! :D (Played the USA version at a friend's!)

NoName#1

Neo Member
PalaceBrother said:
It looks like my account has finally been activated. I'm glad to be able to join in the fun here.
A long lost 10" EP showed up in the mail...I bought it almost a year ago and thought it was a lost cause.
IMG_1821.jpg

That is a fantastic surprise to show up in the mail.

Frester

Forgot to post these earlier! My girlfriend got me some plugs for Christmas since but they got held up in the mail.

Christmasplugs001.jpg

Christmasplugs002.jpg

Haven't had a chance to wear the wood yet since its still a tad cold for those.

Neodiablo22 said:
kd9uty.jpg

I bought one of these last month to load Win7 on it...
some people sleep on these little boxes...they are like less than $200 on eBay and have an Atom N270 w/ the ION chipset...

loaded Win7 and all the nVidia Drivers and it does HD video with ease!!!

>$200
Atom 1.6
ION Chipset
HDMI Out

Win.

hope you enjoy it!!!

HUELEN10 said:
287on53.png

8a01a518.jpg

I've been looking for this since 2003. Holy shit it's amazing.

I am so happy I could make someone so happy. haha. I didn't even know it was worth much. I bought it for 4 or 5 bucks from my friend. haha. stupid stupid stupid ass! haha.

MakgSnake

Banned
isny said:
Michael Jackson This Is It (Canadian Blu Ray Steelbook)

thisisitsteelbook.jpg

Man I SO WANTED to get this one, Couldn't find it anywhere!!!! I believe FutureShop was the only store carrying it. ... AAaaah!!

Looks awesome!

PICT0154.jpg

skateboards hanging in my upstairs hallway.

PICT0157.jpg

skate 2 and the Japanese import of if by MSI (came free with the skateboards)

I love the skate series. I'm only a few hours into it but I prefer the original. Maybe I'm just not used to the nuances of the new tricks.

Gagaman

aggro crag said:
Massive props to Ronabo. Everything came in fantastic condition.

*pics*
Stunning Dreamcast haul man. Took me years to get all of that stuff (though i still dont have Cannon Spike). Must of set you back quite a bit of cash, but it was worth it <3 Dreamcast. :D

monkeycrap said:
PICT0154.jpg

skateboards hanging in my upstairs hallway.

Nice decks I'm a huge fan of MSI and contemplated buying the decks just to hang on my wall as well. Though I would feel kind of dumb having decks on my walls since I haven't skated since high school.

pseudomyxoma said:
Nice decks I'm a huge fan of MSI and contemplated buying the decks just to hang on my wall as well. Though I would feel kind of dumb having decks on my walls since I haven't skated since high school.

Don't worry about that. The whole "skateboards as art" thing has really taken off in the last few years. I have like 10 hung up all over the place and I look at them as posters now. Some of them are my old school decks that have a lot of nostalgia behind them and some of them are like these msi decks.

mehdi_san

I didn't expect to get this in my mailbox until tomorrow, so it was a really nice surprise. And even more surprised to find out there's a PS3 theme on the bluray :)
This Is It (JPN steelbook edition)
20psb9h.jpg

After waiting and doubting for almost a year, I finally bought a SFIV TE Stick. I will give it a try later tonight. Reason for buying it now was because of last week at a friends' birthday.

Someone brought a stick with them and it felt good how certain moves came out better than with the fightpad.
16h2lht.jpg

28hpwrr.jpg

The next items were bought over the course of the end of december till last monday when Watchmen came in the mail.
Not pictured are Bionic Commando and Season 8 of Family Guy.
2a77bxt.jpg

1toch2.jpg

2w40im8.jpg

21jq982.jpg

29zf03q.jpg

All pictures taken with the Satio. I´m satisfied with the phone. It´s been a long time since I had a big screen phone with touchscreen.
I needed that for my browsing needs. :D

Majine

Banned
mehdi_san said:
I didn't expect to get this in my mailbox until tomorrow, so it was a really nice surprise. And even more surprised to find out there's a PS3 theme on the bluray :)
This Is It (JPN steelbook edition)
20psb9h.jpg
Why does the bluray show up in the game section of XMB? :S

NoName#1 said:
That is a fantastic surprise to show up in the mail.

Nice to see some love for Will Oldham on NEOGAF! I have no qualms in calling him the greatest singer/songwriter living today. Sure Leonard Cohen and Neil Young are great, but their current material doesn't hold a candle to Bonnie 'Prince' Billy.

Also loving the Record Frames with the SYR series. Where can I get some frames like those?

Sagitario

StickyFingers said:
2w40im8.jpg

All pictures taken with the Satio. I´m satisfied with the phone. It´s been a long time since I had a big screen phone with touchscreen.
I needed that for my browsing needs. :D

More impression about the phone, please!

Neodiablo22 said:
kd9uty.jpg

24vsobq.jpg

Processor: Intel Atom 330(1.6GHz)
Cache Per Processor 1MB L2 Cache
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800
Hard Drive: 160GB 5400RPM SATA
Graphics: Integrated NVIDIA ION Graphics
Audio: High-Definition Audio Support
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Card: 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wireless
Crappy Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Is this good for gaming by any means? Anyone let me know? I'm looking at this really hard, I love it!

Lemmy Caution said:
Nice to see some love for Will Oldham on NEOGAF! I have no qualms in calling him the greatest singer/songwriter living today.

I couldn't agree more; easily my favorite songwriter going.

Lemmy Caution said:
Also loving the Record Frames with the SYR series. Where can I get some frames like those?

Thanks! Our local art supply chain usually sells them for $17.99 Canadian. I lucked out and found them discounted to $4.99 a piece and jumped at it.

To be honest they're not the most consistent quality. You can see that SYR 3 has fallen within the frame a bit and that's due to the poor tension in the backing piece. For a basement filled with 30 year old wood panels though? I'll take it.

user friendly said:

That Skam EP is brilliant. I still remember reading the Pitchfork article where BoC revealed that they are actually brothers. I was stunned.

More pick-ups...

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle (picked this up last night)
f57856c2.jpg

Mass Effect 2 bonus card:
cd8255ea.jpg

Shonen Gangan February volume (arrived today)
262712f7.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood vol. 6 blu-ray
125ebdff.jpg

jacobs34

Had a great month for pick-ups, unfortunately only one is really game related.

022.jpg

The AT-AD700's are just as great as advertised, and I couldn't help buy buy the Dayman shirt when I saw it on Amazon.

023.jpg

I got a ton of new books, so far I've read through The Book of Basketball and Eating The Dinosaur, and I'm working on The Road.

I also bought a bunch of music, which I don't have pictures for but this month I bought.

Radiohead - OK Computer: I had most of the songs of the album downloaded at low bit rates, and I figured with the new headphones it was time to step up and by one of the greatest albums of my lifetime.
Vampire Weekend
- Contra: Perhaps not as good as their debut, but muchlike Swoon was for Silversun Pickups, still a great follow-up.
M.I.A. - Kala: I have no excuse for not owning this album yet.
Santigold - Santigold: ditto
Gorillaz - Demon Days: After really getting into Danger Mouse's other work, I decided to give this album another try (I wasn't really into the sound when it first came out) and I'm glad I did.
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver: Another album that has grown on me over time, finally broke down and bout it.
XX - XX: Such a great minimalist album, perhaps my favorite album of the moment.
Spoon - Transference: Probably not their best work, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

jacobs34 said:
I got a ton of new books... Eating The Dinosaur

I just finished this last night. It was the first Kosterman title I've read...I don't know why I care what he thinks about things, but damn it was a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom