• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amishpriest99 said:
How do you like these? The store I usually shop at for anime/games got them in recently but I didn't get a chance to look at them the last time I was there
Could've used more background art, but it's really nice seeing the art style progression of both series. :D

Definitely getting the Zero one next.

PalaceBrother said:
I just finished this last night. It was the first Kosterman title I've read...I don't know why I care what he thinks about things, but damn it was a good read.

I highly reccomend reading "Killing yourself to Live"

Drame

This month just keeps on giving the goods.

Today, I received a huge cardboard box from my cousin. Well, it sure weights a lot. Let's see what this does have inside.

24q4905.jpg

Wa-bam! Wii, balance board, 2 remotes, 2 classic controllers, and one nunchuck!

2m62zvo.jpg

Double wa-bam! Games! As I have only played TP and RE4. So, Super Mario Galaxy will be completely new experience to me.

Well, this was surprising a freaking game console, games, accessories, and all for free! The note said that he had bought a black Wii and decided to get rid of his old one. And gave me couple games and controllers on top of that, I love you man.

As always there's a catch: The disc drive is kind of broken. Sometimes it loads up the disc, sometimes it does not. Also, the second remote feels like it has been soaked in sticky stuff.
The buttons are so stiff that I think I need to buy a second one. The nunchuck has also seen better days. The triggers on the chuck only work when they want to.

But it's free, so I don't care! And best of all, I'm a Wii owner again.

So, GAF recommend me some good games! Everything goes, from party-games to RPGs! Also, the classic controller makes my hands go numb after a while. Is the Classic Controller Pro any better? And I guess, I should dish some cash on the component cables.

Excitebots + Pikmin (thanks Dacvak)
zj6s6h.jpg

SNES/N64/GC S-Video cable + 3x CR2032 (from racketboy, anyone knows where to get the official nintendo s-video cable? -- if there is any difference in quality, anyway)
2m322ch.jpg

Nintendo Dream vol. 190 (bought it for the Zelda artwork booklet) + Pre-order Spirits Tracks stylus (thanks Troidal)
jhu1zm.jpg

Wii Classic Controller + Mario Clash VB
kbzoxs.jpg

mooooose

Drame said:
As always there's a catch: The disc drive is kind of broken. Sometimes it loads up the disc, sometimes it does not.
Hack it, install Homebrew Channel, and install a USB HDD Loader.

Install the games to the hard drive, and that problem won't be so bad. You'll save yourself a ton of grief.

19876_277527241645_685251645_3936314_2411847_n.jpg

Meh bought it today instead of tomorrow since I already beat No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

Now I own Cross Generation of Heroes & Ultimate All-Stars ^^

Allan Holdsworth said:
SNES/N64/GC S-Video cable (from racketboy, anyone knows where to get the official nintendo s-video cable? -- if there is any difference in quality, anyway)
I got a set from the Nintendo Store last year, but they don't appear to stock them anymore. The difference in quality is quite noticeable from regular composite, but I'm not sure if there would be a substantial improvement over third-party brands.

Drame

mooooose said:
Hack it, install Homebrew Channel, and install a USB HDD Loader.

Install the games to the hard drive, and that problem won't be so bad. You'll save yourself a ton of grief.
I just hacked the Wii and installed the Homebrew Channel with many other apps, including the USB HDD loader. And I love how I can play my Gamecube imports with the Wii now.

Gave it a quick spin and installed Wii Sports to my memory stick, and it works fine. Loving the feature already. I'm totally going to need a bigger storage, though. 16gigs just doesn't cut it.

So, seems that I'll be buying an USB HDD too.

I would really appreciate some game recommendations. Ordered Tatsunoko while ago, man Wii games are cheap.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Auron_Kale said:
Subscription ran out yesterday, card arrived today from Amazon.

pic

Sorry for the cellphone pic.

I like how a card that gives you 12 months of service says, "your fun never ends". Well...if the service is fun, and it ends in 12 months, then technically your fun will end in 12 months unless you buy another card. Just saying! :D

drakesfortune said:
I like how a card that gives you 12 months of service says, "your fun never ends". Well...if the service is fun, and it ends in 12 months, then technically your fun will end in 12 months unless you buy another card. Just saying! :D

Exactly. I mean, I was contemplating just staying as a silver member as I didn't want to pay $50...then I saw that Amazon was selling for $34.99... :lol

Yeah, Wizards & Warriors and Shadowgate both rock.

j-7.jpg

j-8.jpg

I'm not using the remote for an iPod at the moment, rather just as a pretty great universal for my boxes. It was a Woot deal a week or so back. The rest came via Amazon today. Now I just need the SNF soundtrack.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Auron_Kale said:
Subscription ran out yesterday, card arrived today from Amazon.

83205976.jpg

Sorry for the cellphone pic.

I like how on a 12 month sub card the tagline is "Your fun never ends"

WEGGLES

Toy Soldier said:
Yeah, Wizards & Warriors and Shadowgate both rock.

j-8.jpg

I'm not using the remote for an iPod at the moment, rather just as a pretty great universal for my boxes. It was a Woot deal a week or so back. The rest came via Amazon today. Now I just need the SNF soundtrack.

:D :lol

Mak

Allan Holdsworth said:
Nintendo Dream vol. 190 (bought it for the Zelda artwork booklet) + Pre-order Spirits Tracks stylus (thanks Troidal)
jhu1zm.jpg

Zelda artwork booklet, "History of Zelda" ...? Does it contain art from the series? I might need this!

MakgSnake

Banned
Bought this yesterday on Clearance, and well it freezes my PS3 when connecting to STUPID E.A servers. Havn't played it yet. Getting really mad!

xbh8k2.jpg

May16

resonance-of-fate-walkthrough01.jpg

Been playing Valkyria 2. Love the gameplay (though it's a little easier than I expeted) but am getting annoyed at the school aspects.

Spirited Green PSP ~Swoooon~ :D

Went on a blu ray spree this week and got a few other things as well.
2isi0qv.jpg

33xak55.jpg

2i21vlj.jpg

The movies were all on sale for $15 or less, when someone on here posted about the Fallout 3 GOTY Coll edition guide, I couldn't resist, Army of Two 40th Day is from doing a playtest at EA Tiburon, Sabotuer was a gift and ME2 CE is amazing! Oh, the macbook isn't a new pickup, but the transformers sticker... I cut out the eyes and set it over the apple to where the eyes glow :) It's pretty sweet, you can kinda tell in the pics. Not pictured: Serious Sam HD (XBLA) and Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo (I love this shit! XBL).

-Winnie-

May16 said:
resonance-of-fate-walkthrough01.jpg

Been playing Valkyria 2. Love the gameplay (though it's a little easier than I expeted) but am getting annoyed at the school aspects.

Spirited Green PSP ~Swoooon~ :D

Damn, that PSP looks classy. :O

schild

For those of you envying the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s posted above by Enron, they're on sale at Amazon for 51% off right now ($196.44 from the MSRP of $399.99).

Anemone

Neo Member
Enron: How do you like your Triple-Fi's? I was one click away from buying a pair when I picked up a Cowon S9 replacement for my D2, but opted for Shure SE530's instead. I don't know if I regret it or not, but those are some sexy headphones you've got there. I hope you end up loving them. Bad ass box as well.
Also, $200 is a damned fine price for them, schild. If they were that price when I was in the market they would have been snapped up and I would have thrown what I saved into custom molds... On the upside, it looks like Amazon upped the price of the SE530's by $50 since I bought them.

143gy39.jpg

o8gu9j.jpg

- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. My second solo Batman trade. About halfway through so far, really loving it.
- Kids in the Hall seasons 4 & 5, and Sealab season 2. Finally finished my KitH collection, and since it was buy 2 get 1 free at work, I grabbed Sealab since I only had season 1.

SabinFigaro said:
I got a set from the Nintendo Store last year, but they don't appear to stock them anymore. The difference in quality is quite noticeable from regular composite, but I'm not sure if there would be a substantial improvement over third-party brands.

Crap. Do you want to sell me yours? :p

Mak said:
Zelda artwork booklet, "History of Zelda" ...? Does it contain art from the series? I might need this!

Yes, contains art from most games in the series. Obviously not as substantial as a proper art book, but then again, it comes free with the magazine.

EDIT: I would so get that Emerald PSP if I didn't have a 2000 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom