• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

MrFortyFive

Some of this is from December. Sorry for the crappy pics. Post Christmas sales were kind to me.

pick_up_1.jpg

pick_up_4.jpg

pick_up_5.jpg

pick_up_6.jpg

I only ordered one of these, but a second one showed up a couple days after the first:

pick_up_2.jpg

But these are my favorites for the month:

pick_up_3.jpg

:D

Shuusui

So, the PC I built last year finally has a desk worthy of its sexiness!

syjde.jpg

hwlsX.jpg

Things missing: Sound card, decent speaks, a studio light (think Pixar logo) and an amp/stand for my headphones. Then it'll be perfect!

Shuusui said:

http://i.imgur.com/syjde.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hwlsX.jpg[IMG]

Things missing: Sound card, decent speaks, a studio light (think Pixar logo) and an amp/stand for my headphones. Then it'll be perfect![/QUOTE]

You should keep your desk that empty all the time (plus the lamp and headphones). It looks really nice and clean. Is your pc actually plugged in or are you hiding the cables with hollywood photo magic?

Shuusui

Pinzer said:
Sweet wallpaper! You should post the source in the desktop thread.
I'll get on it right now!
Aquavelvaman said:
You should keep your desk that empty all the time (plus the lamp and headphones). It looks really nice and clean. Is your pc actually plugged in or are you hiding the cables with hollywood photo magic?
I plan on keeping it spotless. And yes, the computer is plugged in... look at the monitor! The desk came with something to hit the cables in. I need a few more twisty-ties but ventilation and neatness are at their maximum right here =)

Yuripaw

Banned
I noticed multiple people got Arcana Heart 3, how is it?? I am very tempted to import that sometime next month.

I so want that ducktales 2! I love the first, and have been trying to find the second one for my collection. I don't buy online too often cuz I try to find good deals.

moop2000 said:
PS2 External 40 GB Harddrive - $5

That's nuts for that price. I remember wanting one like crazy before FFXI came out in the states. I always thought the external drive just looked cool too.

Auron_Kale said:
In Nomura we trust:
b009ea01.jpg
Why does japan always get the kick-ass box art!? :(

I enjoy looking at the stuff people here pick up on this thread. It helps me find out about some cool stuff I don't normally know about.

Anyway this is what I've gotten this month so far, I don't think I'll be getting anything else since I'm broke now lol

000_0005.jpg

This was kind of a clever idea on my part I think. I picked up the fighting stick earlier in the month, then I saw best buy selling these old DJ hero case/stands for $5, and it's perfect for a fight stick. Very stable

phone002.jpg

After years of wanting one, I finally got a smart phone. Droid incredible, not a bad phone, and I love having GB on the go :) Although, I'm depressed because right after I got it, I found out verizon is getting iPhone soon...

000_0007.jpg

Few digital games, Mass Effect 2, Pac-Man CE DX, Tetris this month

000_0006-1.jpg

Here's all the other gaming stuff I've picked up this month.

I saw footage and other info about Ghost Trick, and I just had to get it. I had a craving to play some Pokemon bad too.

Found the dreamcast fighting stick, and I got so many fighting games on the system, that I couldn't pass it up.

I was so stoked when I found Persona for PS1 for only $20 though.

Both suikoden games were a discount through my work.

Not too crazy about DC universe, but at least it's better than Champions Online.

Rest of the games were just good deals that I wanted to try, I haven't had a chance to play them yet.

Shuusui said:
Things missing: Sound card, decent speaks, a studio light (think Pixar logo) and an amp/stand for my headphones. Then it'll be perfect!

Ikea Fredrik ? *bro fist*

Shuusui said:

http://i.imgur.com/syjde.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hwlsX.jpg[/IG]

Things missing: Sound card, decent speaks, a studio light (think Pixar logo) and an amp/stand for my headphones. Then it'll be perfect![/QUOTE]

Where did you get that? My public library has similar ones like 15 yrs ago and loved them.

Quake1028

Square Triangle said:
Where did you get that? My public library has similar ones like 15 yrs ago and loved them.

Ikea Fredrik without the top part. The fiancee and I have one, but we have the top shelves on.

Shuusui

Ogs said:
Ikea Fredrik ? *bro fist*
You bet your ass!

v60Kc.jpg

Not the only other pick-up I got from IKEA either. Just put the finishing touches to a sorely needed new wardrobe. My walk-in wasn't much to write home about.

2zaeF.jpg

V22KA.jpg

Gloomfire said:
Ikea Fredrik without the top part. The fiancee and I have one, but we have the top shelves on.
I used to have something like that, but never really felt like I needed it. Simplicity is the key this time around!

Strike

DSCN0558.jpg

Gears 2 - eBay. Catching up before Gears 3 comes out in the fall.
Mad Men Season 2 - Amazon. Liked the first season so much that I decided to get this as soon as I finished it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just got around to buying Life. + Picked up a second Ordinator so I wouldn't have to open my Morrowind box. Gamestop had AR w/ artbook for $40 recently and I got the other 3 in Amazon's B2G1 + $40 credit.

rZ6lj.jpg

Capcom bundle + 999 & Watch bundle x2. Sold my first watch, waiting for the second bundle to get here.

1UOkF.jpg

A couple things from eBay

cVdoK.jpg

5WTeg.jpg

(excuse the cat hair)
1O9Fp.jpg

I have some Legend of Mana stuff on the way from Japan I'm excited about. Will probably end up in the Feb. thread. Oh and a beautiful Moogle from Square. =D

Alucrid

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
Not really a purchase since he was free but I plan to buy many things to take care of him for years to come!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5047/5380165906_ed8a19928d_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

dawwww lookatthecutepuppy

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
moop2000 said:
Another killer thrift store get.

Ice Blue Gameboy Pocket- $7.50
Two bags of Pokemon cards (about 1000) - $8.00
Street Fighter Collection Sega Saturn - $2 (Wow!)
PS2 External 40 GB Harddrive - $5
Total - $22.50

http://www.pophate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_2531.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Amazing thrift store pickup. The best I've seen at my local thrift stores was an Xbox 1, but they wanted $50 for it. :/

Few pick ups:

Got a free 360, and decided to pick up some games..
CE Death smiles, fable 3, fallout and dead raising..

2011-01-23161512.jpg

Been playing on ps3 so this concept of paying for online is new to me. Until I get a worth while game i'm just using these for fable achievements.

2011-01-23161539.jpg

and some stuff for other systems:

2011-01-23161759.jpg

Strike said:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Strike34/DSCN0558.jpg[/MG]
Gears 2 - eBay. Catching up before Gears 3 comes out in the fall.
Mad Men Season 2 - Amazon. Liked the first season so much that I decided to get this as soon as I finished it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I've never seen a new MS game in heat treated shrink wrap.

MortalMonkey said:

Dude, you cant post that without saying a little bit about it! Is it radio controlled? Is it fan made or is it an actual product?
I can't stop thinking of the foreman unenthusiastically saying "is everybody ready?" before the morning races.

JEKKI

congrats Mini Boss Man the Grouch!! I like how your baby is rocking fresh threads!!

that beanie is stylin!!

qPnkR.jpg

and the hits dont stop!!!

Zyzyxxz said:
Not really a purchase since he was free but I plan to buy many things to take care of him for years to come!
Dawww look at that little guy congrats dog ownership is probably seconded only by becoming a parent. On the scale of rad things that happen in your adult life.

ibu

@ MiniBossman: Well done good sir! Congratulations as all have previously bestowed upon you, but also a HUGE round of applause for your lady in nurturing such a lovely gift!

ra9abl.jpg

InsaneLuchador said:
Dude, you cant post that without saying a little bit about it! Is it radio controlled? Is it fan made or is it an actual product?
I can't stop thinking of the foreman unenthusiastically saying "is everybody ready?" before the morning races.
Hey sorry 'bout that. It's actually not fanmade. It's a fully licensed promo item. It was given away by Sega as prizes to a few lucky fans. They made 1,000 of these. This one is number 3.

Here's a link for some more details:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/16/limited-edition-ryo-hazuki-figurine-will-lift-your-spirits/

A little late (he came on Dec 2), but adopted him from Labs4Rescue. He made the trip from Texas to Massachusetts. he was found on the street with a chewed through clothes line around his neck.

Named him Marty (after Back to the Future) 8 months old and in full puppy mode.

martyx.jpg

beautiful, congrats

nice puppy also

My recent pick up, got some more stuff but forgot what it was lol

BluRay player for bedroom, nice features actually and got it for 150.00 off retail price so yay!
WP_000086.jpg

and a crown burger on my recent business trip its sooo good
WP_000078.jpg

nny

Wasn't planning to get a standalone bluray player, but it was at a great price:

DSC05567.jpg

Cheap DS games, yay:

DSC05572.jpg

Cheap PSN games, yay:

DSC05568.jpg

DSC05569.jpg

With these I've completed the first minifig series:

DSC05570.jpg

And a new building:

DSC05559.jpg

This set has pretty good interiors, wish all house sets were this "populated":

DSC05556.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
rainking187 said:
I went right to eBay after I saw this and bought a set.

You're welcome.

They're more awesome in person too. Mine came with two jolly ranchers and an extra, blue star cap (not pictured).

xelios said:
You're welcome.

They're more awesome in person too. Mine came with two jolly ranchers and an extra, blue star cap (not pictured).

Lol, what an odd thing to throw in there. I hope I get a blue star cap though.

Top Bottom