• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

Flek

Banned
Sevket-Erhat said:
I love HK action movies too. Watched all except Initial D

yeha me too :) inital d was surprisingly good. i mean cheesy as fuck sometime but besides that awesome, great races, great humor etc.

Quake1028

DfL7y.jpg

HXLQO.jpg

Ledsen

Gloomfire said:
2 of my huge pet peeves in the last 2 posts :lol .

Let me guess...

1) Posting HUGE pics

and

2) Quoting a post full of pictures just to reply with a short sentence

?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
WP_000178.jpg

Decided to look for some retro games today.

Never actually played through the PS1 version of MGS (only about half of the gamecube Twin Snakes), I beat Mario RPG with a friend as a kid, but I'll do another playthrough solo soon. And I absolutely loved Episode 1 Pod Racer when I was younger and it was only $5 so I figured why not?

Zerokku said:
Decided to look for some retro games today.

Never actually played through the PS1 version of MGS (only about half of the gamecube Twin Snakes), I beat Mario RPG with a friend as a kid, but I'll do another playthrough solo soon. And I absolutely loved Episode 1 Pod Racer when I was younger and it was only $5 so I figured why not?
Enjoy MGS, man. The best game ever made.

Add one more Macbook Air to the thread... I picked up a 13" today. Amazing after being out of college for almost 3 years my student id still gets me a nice discount :D

And, I can confirm, this is a bad ass laptop. Moving to this from my 13" MBP. Speedy and obviously incredibly light.

1030212.jpg

2011janpickups01.jpg

EA Active 2, NIER, Gundam Musou 3, An Idiot Abroad from my wife, and a Yung Humma T. KTJR!!!

2011janpickups02.jpg

N98 Track Jacket and Therma-Fit Kobe Jacket

FStop7

Banned
I don't post a lot of the stuff I've bought because I don't want to come across as a serial bragger, but I really wanted to show my new gear off. I've been adding pieces since late November. A new bag here, a couple memory cards there, a lens, software, etc etc.

stuffry.jpg

I picked up the 70-200 F2.8L IS II on Friday, my first chance to try it out is tomorrow.

The rest of my current collection is: 5DMk2 body, 135 F2L and 17-40 F4L lenses.

I also picked up this year's Top Gear Portfolio.

tg1g.jpg

tg2o.jpg

First pick-ups of 2011!

First up, Vorpal from Xbox Indies. Great shmup with a fantastic soundtrack.
DSC00206.jpg

Some MS Points for the February deluge, 3rd Birthday and a couple of books since I want to get back into reading.
DSC00207.jpg

joining my Planet Earth and Life BDs...

3Fb4R.jpg

The Blue Planet (only available on DVD...this sucks so much argh) Special Edition

The BBC Natural History Collection (includes the series Nature's Great Events, South Pacific, Galapagos and Wild China)

Wonders Of The Solar System

That's 36 hours (not counting PE and Life) of awwww for £57 (quite a lot of HD docu stuff dropped in price at amazon and elsewhere around the holidays).

almost made a new thread about awesome BBC nature documentations (in HD), but decided to appreciate them here instead :)

nny

Mags:

DSC05545.jpg

Been meaning to pick up FSR for a while, am enjoying its zaniness a lot; and the girlfriend found me an old N64 promo VHS tape:

DSC05547.jpg

I've wanted to get this for my collection for quite some time, and the time has come:

DSC05548.jpg

Welcome to the land of the dead!

DSC05551.jpg

Lovely paper cd case:

DSC05552.jpg

Extra pic of the Tim Schafer big box shrine:

DSC05553.jpg

*happy*

Next "big box goal": The Curse of Monkey Island!

angelfly

bj69ub.jpg

Revolver 360
2w56dqd.jpg

Vorpal - Thanks JustAnotherOtaku since I probably wouldn't have heard of this had I not seen your post.

Bii

SolidusDave said:
joining my Planet Earth and Life BDs...

http://i.imgur.com/3Fb4R.jpg

The Blue Planet (only available on DVD...this sucks so much argh) Special Edition

The BBC Natural History Collection (includes the series Nature's Great Events, South Pacific, Galapagos and Wild China)

Wonders Of The Solar System

That's 36 hours (not counting PE and Life) of awwww for £57 (quite a lot of HD docu stuff dropped in price at amazon and elsewhere around the holidays).

almost made a new thread about awesome BBC nature documentations (in HD), but decided to appreciate them here instead :)

Excellent choices! The only ones I don't have from what you bought is Wild China (the cheapest I've seen it on Amazon was for $22...waiting for it to be $20 or less), Wonders of the Solar System and The Blue Planet (I don't foresee a Blu-Ray release). The only other BBC nature docs I don't own are Ganges, The Great Rift: Africa's Greatest Story and Earth: The Biography; I do plan on getting all of them sometime this year, though.

beje

Banned
Invested my xmas money on...

New set of Hyper Concrete wheels (the pink ones) and BSB bearings for my skates. Will replace the black ones as well as soon as they wear out enough to justify it

mSp2I.jpg

Torx-Allen-Bearing removal tool and helmet light for night routes (even though I don't use helmet so it's going to be directly on my forehead :lol)

xgdoM.jpg

Also, I got the Queen song pack for Rock Band 3 and will save the rest of the money to help paying for the 3DS and Pokémon Black as soon as they're out in Euroland.

Ph3n3x

Neo Member
CaseyTappy said:
And a new month an new PCB :

Today ,

DSCF3455.jpg

Tatsujin Oh/Truxton 2

Great game , super music just don't ever die , you will lose all your upgrades and are set back a mile :lol

Can someone please explain to me exactly what these boards are, how they work and where I can find them online? They look super interesting, but I have no clue what exactly they're for!

Flek

Banned
Ph3n3x said:
Can someone please explain to me exactly what these boards are, how they work and where I can find them online? They look super interesting, but I have no clue what exactly they're for!

afaik they are boards for arcade machines. So unless you own a machine (like Astro City) you won´t need them. Also i think they are very pricey…i know cave ones cost like 2000 usd or more

Emily Chu said:
Don't hate on me because it's not a macbook :D

T410 Thinkpad 14.1" only 750$ + free shipping

there is nothing wrong with a thinkpad...period...they are work horses and get the job done..

I remember ages ago, and it kind of holds true today...that when you see the thinkpad in the airport terminal, you just know that person is pounding away on a multilmillion dollar presentation... and this is all coming from an Apple fanboy...

great machines...

Ph3n3x

Neo Member
Flek said:
afaik they are boards for arcade machines. So unless you own a machine (like Astro City) you won´t need them. Also i think they are very pricey…i know cave ones cost like 2000 usd or more

Are there any major Gaf threads or just websites regarding these?

Bii said:
Excellent choices! The only ones I don't have from what you bought is Wild China (the cheapest I've seen it on Amazon was for $22...waiting for it to be $20 or less), Wonders of the Solar System and The Blue Planet (I don't foresee a Blu-Ray release). The only other BBC nature docs I don't own are Ganges, The Great Rift: Africa's Greatest Story and Earth: The Biography; I do plan on getting all of them sometime this year, though.

Yup, those are on my list as well :D

Currently watching the first Wild China episodes. Quite some fascinating/unkown to me stuff in there. But I don't like how much screen time the local humans get. Not that they didn't choose interesting aspects here as well and it's always connected to the animals, but it feels so out of place. (also, it's mostly about the humans harvesting/eating the awesome flora&fauna just presented before :p )
I prefer the zero signs of civilization documentary about nature (btw, is it a coincidence that only those are narrated by David Attenborough? :lol )

FStop7 said:
I don't post a lot of the stuff I've bought because I don't want to come across as a serial bragger, but I really wanted to show my new gear off. I've been adding pieces since late November. A new bag here, a couple memory cards there, a lens, software, etc etc.

stuffry.jpg

I picked up the 70-200 F2.8L IS II on Friday, my first chance to try it out is tomorrow.

The rest of my current collection is: 5DMk2 body, 135 F2L and 17-40 F4L lenses.
:D :D holy...i have only 7D and it cost my leg :lol

This beauty arrived last week.

15.6" Screen
i7 1.6GHZ
1GB ATI 5650
8 GB Ram
500GB HDD

Out of the box:
2a6nggg.jpg

First thing I did was get rid of those hideous stickers.

Then... customize!
2ywihz5.jpg

2ymu8ex.jpg

My first laptop :D

Alucrid

Banned
IMG_1584-1-1.jpg

Emotiva USP-1 Preamp, 3 months wear of my jeans, Ethernet Switch, Penguin Prison Golden Train 7", Canada Goose Parka, Keep Shelly in Athens 12", Games 12", Twin Shadow 12".

FStop7

Banned
kemalettin said:
:D :D holy...i have only 7D and it cost my leg :lol

I love the 7D. I was shooting motorcycles and cars in the canyons today and I found myself wishing I'd had one with me. The 5D2 is great at a lot of things but it's not great at keeping up with fast moving subjects. The focus system is carried over from the 20D, a 5 year old design. The 7D's focus system is a big improvement.

Top Bottom