• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

exhume

Qay8D.jpg
Slint! I recognise Spiderland, but what's the other one?

Chromax

Picked up my Vertu Constellation:
DSC_1787.jpg

DSC_1790.jpg

DSC_1794.jpg

DSC_1792.jpg

Managed to grab this Hermes belt during my trip to NY:
DSC_1726.jpg

Gaming-side, these games came in when I got home from my trip. All my time will be dedicated to Uncharted 3 and TOR for the up coming month!

DSC_1797.jpg

DSC_1798.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks to FloppyDelux (and everyone else that PMd me some banners)!

Here's our new one for now:

6609858139_e6010a2877_b.jpg

It's still 2011 where I am, but here's what I picked up today. It includes Skyrim, which I think is the best of 2011. (I previously had the broken PS3 version.)

But anyway, as I snapped the picture of my latest pickups...

jmGWG.jpg

My cat Rocky just had to get in on the action. He apparently agrees with my Skyrim pick as best of the year.

pKt0Q.jpg

plc268

I need to stop using the clarity filter in camera+. Looks way better on the phone screen than it does on a larger screen.

6607997989_529a2443ea.jpg

I saw someone post this case last month, and I liked it so much that I bought one myself. Planning on transferring the guts of my PC into this one. Finally I can get rid of my piece of shit Antec P182 (god i hate that case).

6609167377_4f777706cd_z.jpg

Christmas pickup. My first G-shock, and I love it.

6610322539_3f0bc19314.jpg

Pickups of the year:

My first car (again, overdid the filters, but whatever):
6610187871_643abd7925.jpg

Iphone:
6529699977_cd71c5a4e8.jpg

And a full time job, allowing me to make these purchases. 2011 (at least the last four months of 2011) has been good to me.

You know, when I need ideas of what to buy I just come to this thread. Such good overall taste...

Edit: One of my pickups in late December for 22 bucks. Holy shit this thing is so much better than my old keyboard and looks much nicer. It's not mechanical, but it feels very good to type on. My other keyboard wasn't even full size after my old one broke :(

Logitech K520

6610792969_02fd26e1c1.jpg

IMG_20120101_162338.jpg

Yeah, I just love matte white hardware, and what more perfect opportunity to pick one of those babies up than while buying El-Shaddai? What a great game it has been thus far.

Alucrid

Banned
Sony NEX-C3:
http://i.imgur.com/cbSEJl.jpg[IMG]

Intel 160GB G2 SSD, 7mm for X220:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HfJ0Ql.jpg[IMG]

Lenovo X220, dat IPS screen:
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Jayayess1190/DSC00242.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice, love my X220i with the ips screen. How much of an improvement did you see with the SSD? Might be something to get when windows 8 comes out.

Probably my three favorite pick ups this year.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LJ8NNl.jpg
3ZDiBl.jpg

The speakers. Stands are recent though.

Alucrid

Banned
Is ebay the only place to get them? They're not in the current catalog. Unless I'm missing something from the Web site.

It's still here. However since that's not an 'official' site I'm not sure if they're still taking orders or not. Probably easiest just to email them and ask.

Blackheim

Edit: One of my pickups in late December for 22 bucks. Holy shit this thing is so much better than my old keyboard and looks much nicer. It's not mechanical, but it feels very good to type on. My other keyboard wasn't even full size after my old one broke :(

Logitech K520

6610792969_02fd26e1c1.jpg

I have that keyboard :D I too like it. Wish the mouse that came with it were 5 button though. Going to have to get a wireless one that does.

Some Christmas stuff (gift cards + $100 not shown) and a couple CDs I've gotten recently:
Click image for MAXIMUM ZOOM!

Sadist

2011 was huge for me regarding pick-ups. Also got Portal and Mass Effect 2 for free.

u7ki2.jpg

u1rLl.jpg

2011 was my return to handheld gaming

NopMs.jpg

Woops. On the DS side, I only paid € 30 + for about four titels. All the others ranged in the € 20 - € 10 price class hehe.

Chittagong

Gold Member
A Vertu phone in gaf pickup thread. That has to be a first.

Chromax, are you an oligarch, oil sheik or gangster by any chance? Serious question. I don't know any other way to afford one.

I saw someone post this case last month, and I liked it so much that I bought one myself. Planning on transferring the guts of my PC into this one. Finally I can get rid of my piece of shit Antec P182 (god i hate that case).

6609167377_4f777706cd_z.jpg
What case is this? I like it.

FaithRaven

Neo Member
6000$ cellphone and 3000$ watches.

I feel ashamed to post my new game, Cavestory 3d.

Actually you should feel superior to someone buying a expensive cellphone produced by a no-name company which has a regular battery and runs Angry Birds worse than many decently priced phones.

The watch is sick thou :)

Tabris

Actually you should feel superior to someone buying a expensive cellphone produced by a no-name company which has a regular battery and runs Angry Birds a lot worse than many decently priced phones.

The watch is sick thou :)

You know the appeal of that phone is a one button access to your own concierge right?

Smokey

BMW 335i Convert:

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

My PC:

DSC_1778.jpg

DSC_1789.jpg

Specs:

Core i7 2600k
Corsair 500r case
Asus p8p67 Pro
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
2x MSI Lightning GTX 580 3GB ver
16GB RAM
2TB HDD
Intel 160GB SSD

Two Sony HMZ-T1s:

DSC_1807.jpg

Sold one on Ebay for $1,100...debating on keeping or doing the same for the 2nd unit. Amazing display, can't wait for OLED in 50''+

Samsung 55" D8000 LED TV:

IMAG0105.jpg

Been a great year, I imagine 2012 won't be as expensive for me ;)

Oh god dammit guys. You are making me want to build a new rig when my computer is more than capable.

I think it's more I no longer like my Thermaltake A90 case. I want to get a new one...

Nice, love my X220i with the ips screen. How much of an improvement did you see with the SSD? Might be something to get when windows 8 comes out.

A lot. It is painful to use my brother's Sony Vaio S (both his and mine have core i5-2520M's but he has a hard drive). His boots are slower as well as all around computing on his. My X220 flies and I love it. Never going back to hard drives.

TxdoHawk

For the record, I hope no one lets big expensive pickups dissuade them from posting. These threads are awesome because of the variety, if it was nothing but expensive rich-boy toys it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Top Bottom