• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

NFreak

Picked up a couple of pretty darn fun beat em ups a couple of days ago. My plan to own every single Platinum Games title is still on track! Next up, Metal Gear Rising.

n5C2v.jpg

MilkLizard

Sorry for crappy iPhone pics.

Bunch of movies I found cheap

vd1RDl.jpg

Games

WPEa0l.jpg

Handheld Godness

Fh8cJl.jpg

Tarantino XX Blu-ray. So Good.gif

Giz18l.jpg

And my new 60 inch LED TV. Love it.

OmsEwl.jpg

Ongakubito

Neo Member
Picked up some early birthday gifts for myself.

Eiyuu Densetsu: Ao no Kiseki Complete Reservation Limited Edition
Nayuta No Kiseki Limited Edition w/acoustic Live DVD & mini soundtrack
DJ Technika Tune Japan Limited Edition
E.X. Troopers

6T7cj.jpg

QCxtU.jpg

First lego set i've bought for myself in about 16 years. Had a real hankering to build some after helping my little nephew with some sets over christmas.

Decided to go for the current mack daddy of technics sets, over 2000 peices, 5 manuals, all articulated parts. Got discount through work so instead of £150 it was only £115. Thw box itself is huge, so no idea how big the completed set will be. Got the weekend to myself so shall start shortly. Can't wait!

QCxtU.jpg

First lego set i've bought for myself in about 16 years. Had a real hankering to build some after helping my little nephew with some sets over christmas.

Decided to go for the current mack daddy of technics sets, over 2000 peices, 5 manuals, all articulated parts. Got discount through work so instead of £150 it was only £115. Thw box itself is huge, so no idea how big the completed set will be. Got the weekend to myself so shall start shortly. Can't wait!

Good luck man, my little brother has so many things like that around the house.

MrMooMoo

Well finally after 6 months of browsing I can post in this beautiful thread, the whole reason I got into GAF in the first place. :)

Well here's some of my pick ups since then,

I bought this because I loved P3P so much and wanted to have this just because. (came with bonus P4 visual data too :p)
Bought my first real fighting game as well.
Somehow GAF convinced me to build my own computer. (still need to buy a 7850..)
And other stuff! Yay!
It has been a pleasure browsing these boards and I cannot wait to post more.

72276_10101412022577293_1231271551_n.jpg

First visit to a local Thrift shop. They were having a 50% off sale, both of these for less than $16USD out the door. SNES is complete with Mario World, 2 controllers, manual, poster, AV, etc. PS1 works great, too.

Since Gamestop has all Gamecube games & accessories at 75% off decided to stop by.

Found:

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance - $2.50
Chaos Field - $0.75 cents

DSCF1306.jpg

First visit to a local Thrift shop. They were having a 50% off sale, both of these for less than $16USD out the door. SNES is complete with Mario World, 2 controllers, manual, poster, AV, etc. PS1 works great, too.

Any yellowing on the SNES console? That's a major score!

Nice find on the SNES. I remember my first cib score of that. So nice.

Well finally after 6 months of browsing I can post in this beautiful thread, the whole reason I got into GAF in the first place. :)

I bought this because I loved P3P so much and wanted to have this just because. (came with bonus P4 visual data too :p)

And other stuff! Yay!

First and foremost: Welcome to GAF ;)

Also, nice pickups.

jbueno

English AES Garou? You sir win this thread.

Picked up the DMC HD collection on PSN yesterday and finally completed my 360 Cave collection (hats off to hongcha and jbueno for pointing out my lack of DDP DOJ the other week).

Nice! Dai Ou Jou is one of my favorites, tough as nails but really fun. Be sure to patch it, the game had lots of technical issues which took awhile to be fixed, perhaps due to 5pb shamelessly using Arika PS2 code.

A small wave of N64 stuff before my SNES games start rolling in next week.
Some of these were in rough shape, man. I did my best to clean them all up.
But file these under "Games I used to own, but sold off at some point, but now want them all back."

BWz8h.jpg

edit: Totally forgot I picked this up earlier as well. Been sitting in my car all day.

8Bp2Q.jpg

Recent Adds:

537903_10101599002822384_853909711_n.jpg

SFxT Vita, Hot Shots Golf, Gravity Rush, Persona 4, Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls, Looper, dot.Hack//Quarantine, Parasite Eve, Moldiver, Tenchi Movie Collection.

haikira

Couple of weeks late. But this is my Christmas sale damage.
untitled-101jc2.png

Already bought and completed on Steam, on it's release. But i wanted an extra copy, so i could run through it with a few friends. Also very happy to support this game.
imag0626o7jk4.jpg

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
The PG 00 Raiser was fun to build and last night I was in Yorozuya and saw the 1/43 MG Rex... Could NOT say no. Haha. My wife tried to though.

13+-+1

The PG 00 Raiser was fun to build and last night I was in Yorozuya and saw the 1/43 MG Rex... Could NOT say no. Haha. My wife tried to though.

13+-+1
Very nice. How tall is it? Oh and is it the retail version right? 'cause there is a Bambaland version which apparently has Snake mini figure to fit into the cockpit.

CUD

Banned
Not the best pic but this is what I got for Xmas last year:
(Figma Silver Crow, PS All Stars, ACIII:L, Persona 4 (plus decal that I don't plan on using), Sonic Racing Transformed, NFS:MW and Wind Waker.
pCU9u.jpg

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Very nice. How tall is it? Oh and is it the retail version right? 'cause there is a Bambaland version which apparently has Snake mini figure to fit into the cockpit.

You are correct. This is the retail one sadly I have to assume since it didn't come with the mini figures. I found it in a secondhand shop here in Japan for about 15000 yen cheaper than a new one and there's nothing wrong with it. Came with the box and all. I wish I had the mini figures but the rex is enough for me. I'm gonna see if I can find a Play Arts Snake figure to go with it haha. Will all go nice with the Konami Style edition Raiden figure coming in February with Revengeance.

Edit: Forgot about answering how tall. It's pretty damned big honestly. 1/48 scale is no joke. It stands as it is in the picture about 12in from floor to the tip of the radar antenna thing.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Only one pick up this weekend but I love it got it all set-up last night and read on it for a good 3 hours.

I love my normal iPad but this is so good for just reading in bed with so light.

LadyRiven

And other stuff! Yay!

Grats! I hope it was worth the wait. These threads are fun ones. :)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Only one pick up this weekend but I love it got it all set-up last night and read on it for a good 3 hours.

I love my normal iPad but this is so good for just reading in bed with so light.

Why not just the Kindle Paperwhite?

Gameboy415

1301-Books.jpg

Amazon finally shipped my "History of Sonic" book I've had pre-ordered since 8/2012!
I got the "Creationist's View of Dinosaurs" just for laughs (dinosaurs attacked Noah's Ark!?!) and found the Star Wars novel for ~$2 @ Goodwill.

1301-Blu1.jpg

Gamera: The Brave isn't my favorite Gamera movie but it has a special place in my heart due to the fact that it was filmed about 20 minutes from where I first lived in Japan.
Got the Disney movies for ~$20 each to add my my ever-expanding Disney Blu-Ray collection.

1301-Games1.jpg

Finally got screen Protectors for my 3DSXL & Vita and some PSN & eShop credit to get some digital games.
I got Anarchy Reigns at launch so I wouldn't miss the Bayonetta DLC @ Gamestop.
I picked up Persona 4 from Amazon for ~$18 - just need one more SMT game on PS2 (Devil Summoner 2) and I'll have em all.
I managed to get Mario Party 9 @ Best Buy for ~$20 thanks to some coupons - just one more first-party Wii game to go and I'll have em all (PokePark 2)!
Ironically enough, PokePark 2 was on sale for $19.99 the week after X-mas but I didn't find out until the sale had ended. D'oh!

Top Bottom