• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

Forgot to post that I got this recently.

737606_553142811505_1509544723_o.jpg

Gotta keep my collection up to date :)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Finally got my hands on a sealed MGS4 LE and a good-condition MGS3 LE w/ Pre-Order bonus to add back to my collection. I now have all the versions I've gone through before selling them many years ago to help pay for textbooks. Only item I'm missing is a complete GBA Ghost Babel and a few guides.

8378059548_df182467b7_c.jpg

I've never played FFXII. I have a crappy and scratched up copy already. Decided to snag this CE on the cheap and will hopefully give it a play here pretty soon. Also got a good deal on FFVI and the TWEWY guide.

8376988547_2744a10e0d_c.jpg

Replaying through a work friend's copy of Pokemon Emerald:

8376991889_bed98a7924_c.jpg

EDIT:
You bought an alienware in 2013? o_O

The X51 is really in a class of its own. Size/noise/power/price ratio is pretty unbeatable right now, even with a custom rig.

IMG_7393.png

IMG_7394.png

Figured I might as well pick these up before they go out of print.
I wish I got an original-run copy of 999 though. I liked the old cover art a lot more.

Finally got my hands on a sealed MGS4 LE and a good-condition MGS3 LE w/ Pre-Order bonus to add back to my collection. I now have all the versions I've gone through before selling them many years ago to help pay for textbooks. Only item I'm missing is a complete GBA Ghost Babel and a few guides.

8378059548_df182467b7_c.jpg

I don't see Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP)?

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't expecting these two for another few weeks.

13+-+1

My new mechanical keyboard, a Noppoo Choc Mini w/ Cherry MX Reds and a Play Arts Kai Halo Reach figure.

MysticX

got 2 christmas presents, first got my 3rd child on the 27th:

and my christmas present came on the 10th january an Onkyo HTS AVX-290 wanted to check it out real fast whether DD works from HDMI from Xbox or not, had seen on the internet it had problems, but it worked like a charm. and I also felt relieved that when I buy a WiiU, than my new reciever supports LPCM through HDMI which means I´ll get 5.1 :)

bPod

My pick ups spanning back several months

IMG_1886_zps96c80d72.jpg

Went a little crazy with PS3 games
The wife loves Just Dance 3 & 4

IMG_1888_zpsfb86d417.jpg

Finally upgraded to a proper smartphone; stuck with a sh!tberry for 3 years and the Nexus is all kinds of awesome. Big bro got me an N7 for Christmas

IMG_1891_zpsbbdcdb25.jpg

Got some reading material. Love my artbooks

IMG_1895_zps6b7c7c35.jpg

Christmas present from the wife...

IMG_1896_zps72e64622.jpg

...and she also got me some balls

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Best gf ever. We make 12 months next Wednesday and look what she got me! Even though i told her some mean words over an argument yesterday :(

jHkzaiAOK73HV.PNG

EDIT: Oh, and since im back in Xbox Live playing some Halo 4 and Gears 3 and my Tritton AX120's mic went kaput, i had to buy this headset. Hope it lasts more than 6 months :mad:

jgO1uNLTBmMDu.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I am very jealous.

I just picked up Miller today but it pales in comparison to that.

Love that Miller! ... I only have a single, cheapie Snake figure; but he's actually currently lost :( I'd love to get a few figures to litter the collection.

I don't see Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP)?

Good eye! I actually have never owned that - so it wasn't part of my initial hunt. But I definitely plan to add it to the collection. The two biggies that I'm currently lusting over are an original MGS Premium Package and the new 25th anniversary art book collection.

Anyhoo, grabbed this tonight. I've never played a Persona game. Outside of GAF and /v/, I rarely here anyone talk about the series. I still don't get why it's loved so much. But, eh, nows a good a time as any to find out, I guess!

8381339297_19b3c22a27_c.jpg

Blockbuster near me was having a close-out sale, so I snagged this for $5
I need a better camera ;_;

There's a blockbuster closing near me. I think there's only a week left but the games are still outrageously priced. They still wanted 30ish for a beat up copy of Skyward Sword.

Misteroo

Neo Member
image_zps69bce4bb.jpg

-Game and Watch Bombsweeper which I found at a thrift store for $4
-Fatal frame 4 for the Wii
-Persona 4 Golden

image_zps4577269a.jpg

For those who can't see what the name of the games are(it's a bit fuzzy)

-Yoshi's Island DS
-Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier
-Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
-Elite Beat Agents
-Trace Memory
-Custom Robo Arena
-Puyo Pop Fever
-Megaman Starforce 3 Black Ace

Unfortunately no boxes for those games. Oh well. Also, sorry about not being able to rotate the picture of the DS games. I've been trying to and it just won't work for some reason. :\
EDIT: Oh, there we go! Finally fixed it.

Forsete

NFC tags for my GNexus.

I hope they will come on handy.

One for the car, one for work, one for home and one for sleepy-tiem. :p

9zfs8.jpg

BOTEC

LTTP: Anarchy Reigns

fhbfw.jpg

I wasn't even going to buy this since I dislike multiplayer online games, but the GB Quick Look convinced me that I might get $30 worth out of it. And I was drunk at time of purchase.

Mithos

Gold Member
Forgot about this when I posted the 660 Ti purchase earlier...

Free with the 660Ti.
05NRu.png

Then I picked up these for 49kr/st (~5€/each).
vYUK1.png

Grief.exe

The X51 is really in a class of its own. Size/noise/power/price ratio is pretty unbeatable right now, even with a custom rig.

That's not really true, I just looked at their prices the other day and they are overpriced and underpowered compared to a custom rig.

Its arguable that the aesthetics outweigh that for you.

I won this last year from kojima but didn't post it back then. I figured I'd post a pic with all the MGS related stuff being posted (making me jealous).

M5O77.jpg

Cypher

Blu-Ray movies galore!

The Amazing Spider-Man (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook)
The Expendables 2

DSC09058_zpsf9727598.jpg

Men in Black 3 (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook)
The Dark Knight Rises (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook)

DSC09060_zps0dcbcd39.jpg

The Bourne Legacy (Target-exclusive Steelbook)
Total Recall (Walmart-exclusive Steelbook)

DSC09061_zpsfc4f6505.jpg

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook)
Looper

DSC09062_zps81748f9b.jpg

Ratatouille
Wall-E

DSC09063_zpsdc377425.jpg

Finding Nemo (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook)
Brave (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook)

DSC09064_zps1da4ca4b.jpg

Top Bottom