• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

Layd Dly

main.php

-New Video card for my Resurrected HTPC aka my SteamBox so I can Game at 120".
-New Seasonic X-Series 1050w Gold Power Supply for my main Gaming Rig.
-3x3 Month XBL Gold cards from the BB sale with 800 spacebucks.
-Frankenweenie 3D Blu-Ray for the collection from Amazon.

you had to go there and pick them up right? Truely awesome - do you have picture of the trip?

The procedure is that you call them on the so called "Beerphone". It's kind of hard to actually get in, but when you do, they ask for your car's registration plate number and propose you a reservation date and time for the pickup.

There's a sort of a drive in adjacent to the abbey where you queue, load the cases into your car and pay. Feels somewhat like the Soup Nazi's procedure. :) And you don't really get to see anything of the abbey itself. The monks don't really want you to either, they're not very keen on tourists and/or journalists.

Screenshot from Google Maps so you get the idea: the abbey is to the right, the pick up spot is a separate building. The arrows show how you queue.

After making reservations I believe your phone number is blocked for a (few) month(s) or so and your registration plate's also put on a list for the time being. They only have 60.000 cases a year to sell, and want to avoid people stocking up on their beer and reselling it. Which unfortunately does still happen.

Don't have any pictures, sorry. The place doesn't really invite to hang around for a long time. And from where I live (about 180km to the east) it's mostly highway.

Doombear

The procedure is that you call them on the so called "Beerphone". It's kind of hard to actually get in, but when you do, they ask for your car's registration plate number and propose you a reservation date and time for the pickup.

After making reservations I believe your phone number is blocked for a (few) month(s) or so and your registration plate's also put on a list for the time being. They only have 60.000 cases a year to sell, and want to avoid people stocking up on their beer and reselling it. Which unfortunately does still happen.

Don't have any pictures, sorry. The place doesn't really invite to hang around for a long time. And from where I live (about 180km to the east) it's mostly highway.

That is pretty amazing. I had never actually looked into any of that. I just barely (minutes) missed my chance at grabbing the four bottle brick over here in the US around Christmas. I have had Bernardus Abt 12 as that is much more readily available and it was quite good.

Deku Tree

Look at it with all white or black wallpaper / bg. See if there's any yellowing there. Easier to see with black.

I opened it at work because I was worried about it... plugged it into my iMac and found no noticeable bleeding. Yay! Picture looks very nice.

That is pretty amazing. I had never actually looked into any of that. I just barely (minutes) missed my chance at grabbing the four bottle brick over here in the US around Christmas. I have had Bernardus Abt 12 as that is much more readily available and it was quite good.

The Bernardus Abt 12 is fairly similar to the Westy 12 (see more here), some people prefer it over the Westy. So if you don't care for all the hype around the Westy, the Bernardus is a pretty good alternative.

I just went through all the hassle mostly because I have foreign friends visiting me soon and I wanted to get them 'something special' they can't get in their own country. Not that I don't enjoy the beer myself obviously. ;-)

Yes Boss!

There's a sort of a drive in adjacent to the abbey where you queue, load the cases into your car and pay. Feels somewhat like the Soup Nazi's procedure. :) And you don't really get to see anything of the abbey itself. The monks don't really want you to either, they're not very keen on tourists and/or journalists.

Screenshot from Google Maps so you get the idea: the abbey is to the right, the pick up spot is a separate building. The arrows show how you queue.

And this is totally the reason I've never done this beer despite having been to Belgium about ten times in the last 15 years. Just a real pain.

Makro did a supermarket release too, I believe.

Received parcels from USA and Japan today:

pmf3G.jpg

8FbTb.jpg

DXmWN.jpg

Veq8D.jpg

DwV1r.jpg

tnjNu.jpg

- iPad and Arc5 - New Year presents for parents;
- Some books for programming;
- DeusEx, ME3, Uncharted and Enslaved (lol at my backlog). WoW CE, they was just 35$ at amazon and I always wanted CE of WoW. And Zero no Kiseki Evolution pre-order arrived from Japan as well.

And this is totally the reason I've never done this beer despite having been to Belgium about ten times in the last 15 years. Just a real pain.

Makro did a supermarket release too, I believe.

It was Colruyt, they sold a limited amount of "Bricks" last year as well. It was a one-time thingy the monks did in order to fund reconstruction works on the abbey.
The Colruyt "Bricks" sold out quickly too.

Games from Christmas & a bit earlier (WiiU not pictured)

2x Marvel Masterworks Sentinels from Marshalls
Return of Marvel Legends series 2 Piledriver and Series 4 Hyperion, Ultimate Cap, Archangel, Wolverine, Red She Hulk, Protector, & Hit Monkey

Are these the 3 1/2 in or 6 in figures? Where'd ya find them?

MG310

Are these the 3 1/2 in or 6 in figures? Where'd ya find them?

6 inch, and Amoktime.com had them in stock late last week, they put a new pre-order page up after they sold out. After shipping it was about 135 for the case of 8 - 2 Caps, 2 Wolverines, 1 each of the rest

6 inch, and Amoktime.com had them in stock late last week, they put a new pre-order page up after they sold out. After shipping it was about 135 for the case of 8 - 2 Caps, 2 Wolverines, 1 each of the rest

Thanks for the info. Really just interested in the Archangel and Wolverine so I'll have to be on the lookout

Deku Tree

Was there a deal on these or something?

u2713hm is normally $799 US.

Right now it is $699 with free shipping in USA on Amazon. Was $650 on amazon for like a day right after new years. Was $650 @ new egg between xmas and new years.

I was waiting for it to drop substantially below $799, which I thought it did at those prices.

LiK

Not really a fan of the game, but I love SFC carts and its packaging, seeing them always cheers me up somehow. Nice pickup!

i played it at a friend's house when i was a kid. really wanted a legit copy for nostalgia and because i loved the anime. so happy to find a complete one for a good price and in great condition.

RkOwnage

tnjNu.jpg

- iPad and Arc5 - New Year presents for parents;
- Some books for programming;
- DeusEx, ME3, Uncharted and Enslaved (lol at my backlog). WoW CE, they was just 35$ at amazon and I always wanted CE of WoW. And Zero no Kiseki Evolution pre-order arrived from Japan as well.[/QUOTE]

So many amazing purchases, very nice!

Whats wrong with it? :p

Probably because the buttons are going up vertically rather than being laid out horizontally.

Considering the size of the build, it would have to remain as is to fit two people comfortably. Still, it's pretty cool though I feel like it needs a decal on the side like old cabs have.

Dr Dogg

Well wasn't going to post my pick ups this month until later but Amazon informed me yesterday that Ni No Kuni has been delayed until Feb so got nothing else on the cards but they did give me a pleasant surprise and let me know this had been dispatched...
So super chuffed after waiting close to 4 years for a copy. Now if only they make amends for screwing up my copy of The Sky.

Also a few bits and bobs in the Jan sales, a belated xmas gift and pre-orders.

MGS 25th Anniversary set.

euA17.jpg

I'm greener than the Hulk after seeing this. I would pay silly money for that set.

Shadow780

Big month!

b5718l.jpg

Dark Knight Rises BD
Resident Evil Archives I&II
FFVII Highway tote bag
DS Games
FF Tribute Album, Piano Opera IV/V/VI
FF bluray orchestral Album

UeIpdl.jpg

FFVII Loveless tote bag
FF Memorial Ultimania
FF 25th Anniversary Box
FFVII Tifa mini arts
FF Piano Opera I/II/III

And...a new car!

rZ8jql.jpg

tYd4wl.jpg

jonno394

Some of the best movies ever, I need to begin buying Kurosawa´s Criterion Bluray releases, DVDs ain´t cutting it anymore.

They are great quality releases. The Kurosawa films are my priority, but there are soooo many great films in it that I could easily blow a quick grand if I had the cash!!!

Three Outlaw Samurai was my first last week and then my ebay habit got the other 4.

Probably because the buttons are going up vertically rather than being laid out horizontally.

Considering the size of the build, it would have to remain as is to fit two people comfortably. Still, it's pretty cool though I feel like it needs a decal on the side like old cabs have.

I thought so, I dot mind it being vertical it feels fine really. Yeah I plan on sprucing it up soon currently though I am skint :p

Also picked up Welcome to the NHK and a Steelseries mousemat for only a fiver (they are going for £15).

5lI22.jpg

0yFia.jpg

Top Bottom