• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oracrest

5e44a832.jpg

LiK

BumRush said:
Kagari, I'm sure you've only had it for a short period of time but have you seen any noticeable black level deterioration?

that doesnt happen til years later and its rarely noticeable from people's experiences. so i doubt she'll notice anything.

A mish mash of stuff....

Got all three of these for $60 and change total thanks to a Best Buy simultaneous sale and coupon. I'll flip two to pay for the one I got so Final Fantasy XIII for free essentially.
IMG_1150.jpg

Got this at a a thrifty store for $10. It's in perfect condition except for the bullshit extra scenes Lucas decided to put in but $10 is worth it.
IMG_1151.jpg

Thrift store find on these too. $1.75 for both. These will be a gift to my bro for his birthday as he is really getting into his show.
IMG_1152.jpg

Yet another thrift store find. He was only $3 and and he looks like a creepy Zombie troll because of his flaky paint. My girlfriend is scared shitless of him but christ is he just fucked up looking.
IMG_1161.jpg

Also a thrift store find. It's like a library book shelf and will make a great magazine rack. I've wanted one of these for awhile but all of the good resale shops have theirs priced at $150 at least. This bad boy was only $30. Sweet score.
IMG_1155.jpg

Got this with the $15 gift card from Toys R Us for buying Dragon Quest IX. It's small but it does it's job.
IMG_1163.jpg

Finally, I sold my DSi XL as it was just too bulky and the lack of backwards compatability with GBA games just plain sucked. I got this on eBay for $68. It was practically brand new and had the box and all of the paperwork with it and also a complete boxed copy of Pokemon Heartgold which I turned around and sold for about $30 so I got the DS Lite for just under $40. That was a steal.
IMG_1164.jpg

Chairhome

JEKKI said:
whoooooooo~~~!!! I am SO READY to go swimming now!!

http://i29.tinypic.com/o0cbv7.jpg[IMG]

Im gonna practice my chair freeze in the pool! ^_^v[/QUOTE]
Bboy? I thought I was the only one on this board!

Majine

Banned
moop2000 said:
Yet another thrift store find. He was only $3 and and he looks like a creepy Zombie troll because of his flaky paint. My girlfriend is scared shitless of him but christ is he just fucked up looking.
IMG_1161.jpg

Holy fuck. Good luck sleeping tonight. :lol

Majine said:
Holy fuck. Good luck sleeping tonight. :lol

My girlfriend heard some tapping by the window where he is standing tonight and got scared shitless even though it was just our neighbor outside. I told her we could throw it out but she said we didn't have to so I guess he stays for the time being.

Some recent pickups:

Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2010

s2wos9.jpg

Whisky!

331dkzk.jpg

3D Dot Game Heroes, Too Human, Wolfenstein, Crackdown 2, Singularity

2ld7hhv.jpg

Nier... quickly becoming one of my favourite games in a long long time

10hvcxv.jpg

Nier OST - absolutely incredible soundtrack.

29wo5na.jpg

moop2000 said:
IMG_1161.jpg
If you ever go on holiday to my home country Norway, you will find these creepy bastards in all shapes and sizes in every souvenir shop :lol

Toxa

58955.jpg

MGS3 Steelbok signed by Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa and Yumi Kikuchi
MGS2 signed by Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa

58954.jpg

30mlf88.jpg

Excuse the terrible camera. I don't normally buy figures but this one was worth making an exception for. Sadly it's going to sit up in the attic for a few years until I have somewhere to display it.

isny

napkin dispenser
LTTP with Galaxy 2 and Twilight Princess.

Kylie's new CD+DVD, and Slowboat to Hades (I missed it when it originally came out, been looking for a copy since!)

vqsc4x.jpg

tha_devil

Digital-Hero said:
Inception Original Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

Awesome soundtrack to an awesome movie. (Too bad the cd case had a small crack in it.)

25qxhk9.jpg
Nice :) maybe u can just replace the cd case for one that is intact, given the artwork etc is still intact?

JEKKI

Chairhome said:
Bboy? I thought I was the only one on this board!
whoooo~!! bboys!!

hey! I recognize u from SRK btw! I'm sambao from there!!

chair freezes in the pool are too hard lol.

3.5 feet deep and my body is still too buoyant in the water, so much for the zero gravity assist lol.

SERGE

MortalMonkey said:

That second shirt!
I don't know my Japanese History but was the Ninja Warriors Arcade game based on that or is that from the game?
And where did you get it?!?!
I must have one!

Some more PS1 goodies. Wipeout 3 is a replacement as I must have sold or have lost my original, the rest are stuff I've never played with the exception of Porsche Challenge - I loved the demo but for some reason never bought the full game:

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

Some current-gen stuff:

DSC00035.jpg

Balboa

I played that Porsche Challenge game for countless hours back then and loved every minute of it, those were the days. Now I doubt I'd even give a game like that a second look.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Ronin Blade? Is that the Euro release of Soul of the Samurai? maaaan, that game was no good and I'm well-aware that it's not, but I really, really liked it back in the day.

Chacranajxy said:
Ronin Blade? Is that the Euro release of Soul of the Samurai? maaaan, that game was no good and I'm well-aware that it's not, but I really, really liked it back in the day.

It is indeed. Heh, yeah I've read that it's not great but it seems interesting enough to give a try.

Polk

S5000092_2.jpg

Tales of MI. Box is kinda cheap, but hell, it's way better then most of boxes nowadays.

S5000091_2.jpg

And two blurays for cheap.

Been a while since I bought stuff, and decided to splurge a little for my b-day:

_MG_2637.jpg

Ps3/games, DS lite (sold my previous one), <3 portable Scrabble <3

_MG_2640.jpg

This is pure fun!

_MG_2645.jpg

Krauser - II (gift from my bro)

ShyGuy

screed2e.jpg

Got this Assassin's Creed II White Edition for an absolute bargain!

The regular game-only was AU$49, and I saw this guy sitting on the shelf also for $49!

Used a gift card that had $17 on it and voila, $32 White Edition!

Also, the 3000 points card is ready for Trials HD second add-on and I'll probably pick up both Banjo games with it too :)

Jomjom

Banned
4814867610_24e3a3eeab_b.jpg

4814867606_59e456b016_b.jpg

4814867594_0f69bfc391_b.jpg

Went to the launch party for Distant Worlds II last night. Uematsu stole my $9 gold marker and smudged his autograph on my Final Fantasy III. But he's freaking Uematsu, so it's all copacetic. Oh yeah Arnie Roth was there as well.

Now to seek out Sakaguchi and Amano! Maybe Nomura can sign on the back somewhere in a little corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom