• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

kvn

First time I'm doing this. Been a big pick-up month for me, photo taken with the Desire (awesome phone).

IMAG0078.jpg

WAuzK.jpg

Fairly rare item, came ever so slightly damaged (us to uk shipping they like to throw things around) nothing a bit of paint wont fix, kinda dirty/dusty aswell time to get the wet whipes out.

Overjoyed i own it no matter what.

First post in this thread, long time lurker.
2d7d0tx.jpg

Got a new Sensor bar for my Wii after breaking the original one about a year ago.
Paper Mario cost me £2 off my friend who was selling all his Wii stuff.
Computer parts are to try and get my old rig up and running again.
And not picture; Festival Ticket which I went to this weekend gone.

eqrtk7.jpg

Steam sale pickups, I missed a few deals I wanted because I was at a festival. Guild Wars includes the trilogy and the extra expansion.

Poor month for me considering some of the pickups, but i got a cheap eReader picked it up for £40 refurbed, its not eInk but 800x480 TFT set down to lowest brightness doesnt kill my eyes at all, also picked up Song of Ice and Fire eBooks from Waterstones for £22.
SAM_0532.JPG

The_Inquisitor said:
Oh shit the g500 came out? How is it compared to the old trusty mx518? Mine is still running strong after 4+ years, but I know inevitably I will need a new one soon.

I don't think I've ever owned an MX518 (I did own a similar looking mouse, but it was blue, maybe the 510?). Anyway, compared to the G5 that I have been using for the last few years (which was great until it started shorting out), it's even better. 5600 dpi compared to 2000 (not that I use the super fast settings anyway), more customizable buttons, better scrolls wheel, etc). I would say it's definately worth the $50 price you can find it for online. Also I forgot to mention that my G5 was out of warranty by like a year (I know I bought it when it first cam eout, the box says 2007 and it had a 3 year warranty). <3 Logitech

Kade

Picked all of this up for roughly $60 after tax at EB Games. The only used game is Batman: Arkham Asylum. My desk is also messy as fuck.
pickups.jpg

Takao

Banned
June/July pickups thus far:

85U5e.jpg

Bought a 3DS off a friend, and got some new games. Despite the giant price tag saying $25, I got DBO:2 for $15 new.

XWE4t.jpg

Picked up Enslaved for $10 at the EB Games sale. I remember hearing the 360 version ran better, so I went with that one.

1dzUe.jpg
VW7d5.jpg

Pretty large Transformers month for me, as not pictured is a ticket for a 3D UltraAVX showing of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. To celebrate this, I picked up the remaining 2 seasons of US G1 that I didn't own.

k2w9H.jpg

I also picked up the first part of Japanese G1, in Transformers: The Headmasters. I'm slightly disappointed Shout didn't put the terrible dub on it.

HS3xa.jpg

UBVs6.jpg

fKpfB.jpg

sMyUX.jpg

zGKuJ.jpg

vBEVE.jpg

RHfuF.jpg

tNzQ2.jpg

rJLTl.jpg

951hI.jpg

wmTRn.jpg

es1LJ.jpg

YrDpR.jpg

Here's the big daddy, Transformers Vault. A pretty large giftset size book with a tonne of information and some interactive sections with recreations of things. I do wish the recreations weren't just limited to G1, and Movieverse, but sadly they are. :( The book also doesn't seem as comprehensive as the Japanese guides. But it is really, really nice.

How long until someone makes a comment on my thumbs, or my toe in that one shot? lol

Chopper

Okay. This is my first time posting in this thread, and actually my first attempt at posting images, so please feel free to bark at me if I'm doing it wrong. There's loads of stuff I've picked up recently, just prior to my account validation, but I'll leave it to just this month, in accordance to the thread title. It's been my birthday, and I came into a bit of cash, so I splashed out on some additions to my DS collection.

79ff55bc.jpg

Most of these speak for themselves. Those are three of the last PSP games that I will be buying for a while. All bought for stupidly cheap thanks to Cheap Arse Gaffer thread.
Tron movies on BluRay were a birthday present from my girlfriend.
I wanted to get hold of Solatorobo before it becomes difficult to find and expensive. I found a pristine copy of Crystal Drive on ebay for a good price, considering it is well out of print. Wanted a Rune Factory game, cos I've heard they're pretty great, so picked up Strange Journey and Rune Factory 3 together from Play Asia (UK Gaffer here), cos I had a spare coupon kicking about.
And then Ketsui Death Label. One of the last additions to my collection that is truly expensive/desirable. I paid more than I ethically should for a brand new copy, and it's immaculate. I love it.

f0832543.jpg

Oh yeah. And I treated my self to a DSi XL. They had three of the 25th Anniversary Mario editions in stock at my local Sainsburys for £169.99 including NSMB. They're not getting any cheaper (or in stock at any online retailers), so I jumped on it. It is GLORIOUS!

0303ac55.jpg

That's the sixth variation of a DS I've owned (including my 3DS). Probably my last.

KDL took my total number of DS games to 115! Got a few more on their way. Will post them as soon as they arrive!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Chopper said:
Okay. This is my first time posting in this thread, and actually my first attempt at posting images, so please feel free to bark at me if I'm doing it wrong. There's loads of stuff I've picked up recently, just prior to my account validation, but I'll leave it to just this month, in accordance to the thread title. It's been my birthday, and I came into a bit of cash, so I splashed out on some additions to my DS collection.

79ff55bc.jpg

Most of these speak for themselves. Those are three of the last PSP games that I will be buying for a while. All bought for stupidly cheap thanks to Cheap Arse Gaffer thread.
Tron movies on BluRay were a birthday present from my girlfriend.
I wanted to get hold of Solatorobo before it becomes difficult to find and expensive. I found a pristine copy of Crystal Drive on ebay for a good price, considering it is well out of print. Wanted a Rune Factory game, cos I've heard they're pretty great, so picked up Strange Journey and Rune Factory 3 together from Play Asia (UK Gaffer here), cos I had a spare coupon kicking about.
And then Ketsui Death Label. One of the last additions to my collection that is truly expensive/desirable. I paid more than I ethically should for a brand new copy, and it's immaculate. I love it.

f0832543.jpg

Oh yeah. And I treated my self to a DSi XL. They had three of the 25th Anniversary Mario editions in stock at my local Sainsburys for £169.99. They're not getting any cheaper (or in stock at any online retailers), so I jumped on it. It is GLORIOUS!

0303ac55.jpg

Dang, yo. That copy of Ketsui Death Label must've cost a pretty penny... especially with the superplay dvd.

hipgnosis

Chopper said:
Okay. This is my first time posting in this thread, and actually my first attempt at posting images, so please feel free to bark at me if I'm doing it wrong. There's loads of stuff I've picked up recently, just prior to my account validation, but I'll leave it to just this month, in accordance to the thread title.
What a way to start posting into this thread! Solatorobo, Ketsui Death Label and Strange Journey are all awesome as hell!

Chopper

hipgnosis said:
What a way to start posting into this thread! Solatorobo, Ketsui Death Label and Strange Journey are all awesome as hell!
As I say, I've picked up some amazing stuff in the last couple of months. I'm particularly proud of KDL though. Maybe I'll post some more for bonus Gaf XP!

if you're wondering, it cost me
£71
. By far the cheapest I could find. And it's not getting any cheaper!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Chopper said:
As I say, I've picked up some amazing stuff in the last couple of months. I'm particularly proud of KDL though. Maybe I'll post some more for bonus Gaf XP!

if you're wondering, it cost me
£71
. By far the cheapest I could find. And it's not getting any cheaper!

That's really not too bad. I've seen used copies without the bonus shit go for a lot more than that.

monome

zmet said:
Lastest haul:

Alcahest (Complete)
jl4.jpg

Gosh. I bought Alcahest new about 15 years ago...only to get stuck at some boss.
Price was over 100€ for an imported copy in Paris. I m cry, I had managed to forget about it.

Damn boss was a stone in a room full of the same stones but although I did hit him once or twice (over hunderds of retries) I never managed to understand what hurt him...

Best of Luck

Yes Boss!

Chopper said:
Yes Boss!
I'll check it out.
Cool!

Can't go wrong and it is published by Nintendo and only $5 or so. Does not grab like Death Label but fun in its own right...deserves to be on every DSi.

Chopper

Chacranajxy said:
That's really not too bad. I've seen used copies without the bonus shit go for a lot more than that.
Yeah, I was pretty happy. I didn't even know they released it without the DVD. Now I'm even happier!

Sylver

Banned
2 More 2TB MyBooks:
10mdF.png

6TB external HDD's and I'm getting already empty...

qTABA.jpg

FFVII AC Complete
Alice In Wonderland 3D
A Christmas Carol 3D
Resident Evil Afterlife 3D
Fight Club Book (finally appears the pocket edition)

lKYH2.jpg

Paranormal Activity 2
[REC]^2 waiting for the prequel [REC] Origins this Fall.
A.I.
Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence
Blood: The Last Vampire

Edit: adding this late one
YcXcm.png

MG310

DSC03075.jpg

Sears clearance has finally returned.Picked up...

Metro 2033 - 9.97
Devil May Cry 4 - 5.97
Oblivion Game of the Year Edition - 5.97
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - 5.97
2x Memory Stick Pro Duo 4GB to finally offload the PSX games from my PS3 - 1.97 each.

Sylver

Banned
Hawthorns said:
What is this exactly? Looks awesome, must have!
It's the first Volume (of three) Kanzenban edition of Akira Toriyama Manga Drama. A collection of Short stories by Toriyama plublished on Shonen magazine during 80's and 90's. Go Go Ackman!, Dub & Peter, Pola & Roid, Wonder Island, etc...

Top Bottom