• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Bgamer90

Banned
b3331d8e.jpg

Hawthorns

Sylver said:
It's the first Volume (of three) Kanzenban edition of Akira Toriyama Manga Drama. A collection of Short stories by Toriyama plublished on Shonen magazine during 80's and 90's. Go Go Ackman!, Dub & Peter, Pola & Roid, Wonder Island, etc...

From what I can find it's only in Spanish and Japanese right? :(

Sylver

Banned
Hawthorns said:
From what I can find it's only in Spanish and Japanese right? :(
The Tankōbon edition is available in french too titled Histoires courtes (Teatro del Manga in Spanish). I don't uderstand why isn't in english since Sandland and Cowa (miss Kajika) are.

riprapp

Neo Member
Heyhey GAF,

First post, and with the pick-up thread long having been a favourite during the lurker days it had to be here!

Finally relented and acquired Kinect recently after months of deliberating and pressure from family members, so wanted to grab a couple of games to run it through its paces...

gAkGw.jpg

filipe

Got 3DS + Zelda 2-3 weeks ago, Resident Evil a few days ago.
g0Zor.jpg

Club Nintendo is the best. I don't really care about the other 2 posters, but this one is going in a frame and on my wall ASAP.
2GcBd.jpg

filipe said:
Club Nintendo is the best. I don't really care about the other 2 posters, but this one is going in a frame and on my wall ASAP.
2GcBd.jpg

I also have this poster but I ruined it by putting tape on it, stupid me. :(

The Chopin Collection - 11 Disc Set
f5c73135.jpg

The NPR Guide To Building A Classical CD Collection
224b099c.jpg

Distant Worlds - Returning Home
3115181a.jpg

Nodame Cantabile Vol 4
91c95fe0.jpg

Top Gear - Season 14 Blu-ray
e47b804e.jpg

First time posting in this here legendary thread. Hopefully one of my future pick-up posts will feature a camera, for now here are some crappy pics taken with my blackberry:

lootz.jpg

I only bought Pirates because I didn't know what else to get at the time. Should have just waited for the eShop or Ocarina because I don't see myself popping the Pirates cart into the 3DS ever again.

Red Steel 2: I am not enjoying the motion controls. They're cool and everything, but I guess I'm just a lazy bastard because constantly swinging my hand/arm is annoying the hell out of me. This does not bode well for Skyward Sword, which I've been so hyped for. But fuck it, it's Zelda and I'll fight through a tendinitis if that's what it takes to take down Ganon (I know he's not supposed to be in the game but come on... how many times are they gonna fool us?).

And now a closer look at my new friends:

futurama-1.jpg

Chairhome

DigitalSoul said:
Got a cisco/linksys wireless router for the home.
http://www.abload.de/img/2011-07-12252019.29.03venc.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Interesting, I JUST picked up a new (refurb) router. Finally upgraded to Wireless-N. Wow what a difference! I got this router for $25 and the usb wireless adapter for $20 at CompUSA/Tigerdirect.com (an actual store). Gonna try to put DD-WRT on my router soon...
[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BcUSdULUAt0/Thz2iNhbG2I/AAAAAAAAAso/x_cbSW42n6o/s512/IMG_20110712_213453.jpg

oatmeal

Banned
After being sold out in Calgary for the past week, and complete frustration, the minute I hit the States (Great Falls, MT), I went into Hastings and picked up OoT DS.

268019_10150705020635514_670040513_19818758_5320064_n.jpg

Symphonic

oatmeal said:
After being sold out in Calgary for the past week, and complete frustration, the minute I hit the States (Great Falls, MT), I went into Hastings and picked up OoT DS.

268019_10150705020635514_670040513_19818758_5320064_n.jpg

You look far too pleased.

wilflare

Yazuka said:
Bought cheap from Zavvi. Gotta try these games sometime, so why not now.

2011-07-12-TombRaiderTrilogy.jpg

how's the experience?
thinking of getting this with the Prince of Persia Trilogy
would rather play the games Remastered

PoP collection on Steam: regret

Gvaz

Banned
Luthair said:
[im]http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/Anthony2035/264319_10150237169093111_700513110_7420400_3565564_n.jpg[/img]
Kindle 3! yay!
Get a cover for it, Trust me.

Yazuka

wilflare said:
how's the experience?
thinking of getting this with the Prince of Persia Trilogy
would rather play the games Remastered

PoP collection on Steam: regret
Haven't had anytime to try it yet. I'm hoping to do that today, but I hope they'll be better than PoP Trilogy. At least look and sound better than PoPT.

Gvaz

Banned
Luthair said:
I got the nice one Amazon recommends, but it wont be here till tomorrow :-( Is it really scratch prone?
Hanzou said:
Why is that? I have had mine for a couple months and have not got around to ordering one yet.
It's not scratches you'd have to worry about, but bending or punctures and that sort of thing. Someone smooshed his screen rather easily just by having it in his bag without a case.

While on one hand amazon is pretty good with returns, why not get even a cheap case to try and protect your purchase? It's worthwhile overall to prevent any accidents.

isny

napkin dispenser
Gaf and your early copies of George Martin books have nothing on my new Christie Golden WoW book Amazon sent me a week before release =D

Also, cheap light up Tron figures. Paid about $3 for Rinzler and they sent me Sam for free! Dem accessories!

jh3myp.jpg

1zm1qvp.jpg

Gouken

Banned
My 2011 X5 ///M 555hp, plus the exhaust adds an extra 11hp. Hope you like it.

e0fa7ac2.jpg

6e81c505.jpg

Interior
17a181af.jpg

Akrapovic Titanium exhaust with Carbon Fibrer tips
2fbac495.jpg

Side gills
082863b4.jpg

e5e42de9.jpg

It's a gift to myself for divorcing my wife! lol.

Thats a sexy X5, very nice

Picked this up but thinking of taking it back and getting a REL T7. If I dont like the REL then going to go with a SVS I think

This is a nice subwoofer but not what Im looking for. Should have spent more time demoing it lol. Think I was just impressed with the wow factor of performance vs size

8dac2970.jpg

ad3a3e19.jpg

663bd49b.jpg

Got myself one of these:
qiLyC.jpg

Funny thing is that day in the morning I was like "maybe I should get some ebook reader" and did some research, and later that day I got it as a gift lol
Not a big apple fan but can't complain :D gotta get me some apps now

Top Bottom