• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

naoki5001

DSC02685.jpg

Ninokuni finally dropped to 2000yen at Yamada Denki. I bought StarFox earlier this afternoon. Also, I checked out the new red 3DS today at the store...I think I want to get one!

DSC02684.jpg

vMaxx

naoki5001 said:
DSC02685.jpg

Ninokuni finally dropped to 2000yen at Yamada Denki. I bought StarFox earlier this afternoon. Also, I checked out the new red 3DS today at the store...I think I want to get one!

DSC02684.jpg
How are the graphics of the StarFox remake? Are they beautiful when you see them up-close and personal?

naoki5001

vMaxx said:
How are the graphics of the StarFox remake? Are they beautiful when you see them up-close and personal?

They're awesome. A LOT more stage and enemy details, textures and backgrounds. 3D is done very nicely too!

I got Munchkin card game. Play them with my in-law and it was a lot of fun.

2guh8cy.jpg

I also got Star Munchkin. I rather prefer sci-fi stuff than fantasy setting. Good thing you can mix them together and have crazy game going.

r1ik4h.jpg

Lately I have been picking up many of the original Xbox games. I missed some of the games I used to have.

ofqdeu.jpg

2n7qm1d.jpg

My local used dvd & game store have that KoTOR sticker for $85.00 at one point. I remember that was the only game I play and actually finished on my Xbox. I also got its sequel (sequel seems to be the theme here...)

9prls6.jpg

2i6pi5h.jpg

2dbphde.jpg

I got Metal Arms and Armed and Dangerous along with Colin McRae Rally 04 & 05 from Amazon, I actually prefer 2004 version.

Also pick up a few Xbox 360 games that I miss last year and early this year.

euk9xi.jpg

2exm07d.jpg

And Child of Eden to go with my Qubed compilation. Screw digital distribution, I want stuff I own on my shelves!

34oygk4.jpg

Oh and this came today from Amazon, my Prime membership expired today so this is the last item getting ship for free (2nd-day). I think this is my third or forth copy of this game.

2469bfb.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
antiquegamer said:
I also got Star Munchkin. I rather prefer sci-fi stuff than fantasy setting. Good thing you can mix them together and have crazy game going.
Those games are blast with friends. Enjoy. ;D

Gouken

Banned
hayguyz said:
Going by the plate, can't you just beat her with a stick?
That's the courts job :) though it's complicated cuz we have 6 year old twin girls. So she's trying to twist my arms with that.

HildyB

antiquegamer said:

2guh8cy.jpg

r1ik4h.jpg

Combine Star Munchkin and Cowboy Munchkin and you have Firefly Munchkin!

tha_devil

naoki5001 said:
DSC02685.jpg

DSC02684.jpg
Man, so jealous on Ninokuni. Will it ever get a western release?

Chopper

naoki5001 said:
Ninokuni finally dropped to 2000yen at Yamada Denki. I bought StarFox earlier this afternoon. Also, I checked out the new red 3DS today at the store...I think I want to get one
Pretty jealous of your Star Fox! Did your copy of Ninokuni come with the fuckawesome book?

antiquegamer said:
[/IMG]

Oh and this came today from Amazon, my Prime membership expired today so this is the last item getting ship for free (2nd-day). I think this is my third or forth copy of this game.

2469bfb.jpg

Is there a Europe release date for this edition?

Theonik

First pick-up post!
Some Miyazaki love:
G9a3T.jpg

Don't remember exactly when i got those, must have been early July/late June.

Some Yu Suzuki/Dreamcast love:
Q7yHP.jpg

Really pissed about that one, seller didn't really package the item well and all 4 cases have to be replaced :/ Thinking about asking her to cover for that as it's complete BS.

L7PDu.jpg

VGA box was last month while Akira was a Pre-order from Amazon.co.uk that arrived early this month. Took that picture when Akira arrived.

Steam!
6Yx5V.png

naoki5001

Chopper said:
Pretty jealous of your Star Fox! Did your copy of Ninokuni come with the fuckawesome book?

Yeah, all new copies of Ninokuni come with the book. The actual instruction manual inside the game case is pretty thick too. It's cool, but in the initial hour+ I played it, I was getting tired of looking up spells. I could see myself at 7-9 years old again going nuts over this concept though. I'll do my best to see it through.

Also I got this GIANT ass AR Card from Club Nintendo Japan a few days ago. I have no place to put it and honestly I'm not going to use it all that much, so I think I'm just going to post it up on my wall.

The 3DS and 13" MacBook for scale.

It cost me 100 Nintendo points and I could've used them to get that Kirby pouch, which I could have actually used, but for some reason I had to go for the novelty. At least it looks nicer than if I tried to print my own giant AR card.

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02687.jpg

Chopper

naoki5001 said:
It cost me 100 Nintendo points and I could've used them to get that Kirby pouch, which I could have actually used, but for some reason I had to go for the novelty. At least it looks nicer than if I tried to print my own giant AR card.
Nice. Gotta love random Club Nintendo prizes. Here's my latest that arrived today, along with a couple of other games. So glad I got my hands on an English copy of Inazuma Eleven, before it becomes impossible to find. Nice shiny packaging too. Likewise, I did not realise Steel Diver shipped with a lenticular case in the UK. Picked it up for £20 in-store in Gamestation sale. Sweet.

f2b41739.jpg

I think I might have to pick up a copy of Ninokuni myself, despite my lack of Japanese skills. It's just so pretty!

Also, damn you xtrasauce. I have spent the last 24 hours furiously deliberating over every 3" Kidrobot figure ever released. They're so cool.

Gav47

toasty_T said:
Yeah buddy, new computer (mostly)

12072011333j78b.jpg

Silverstone cases look so sweet, does the sideways mounting make any difference to system temps? Also what is that installed next to your gfx card, I though it was a sound card but it looks kinda long.

Don't know why I bought Killzone 3 when it was $40 for the helgast edition, but I bit. Hopefully the campaign will be quick and good enough before I trade it back in. Also picked up Demon Souls for the backlog.

77545664.jpg

Not buying another game until October.

picked up my new car a couple of months ago but finally took some photos

its a 2011 Ford Edge sport with with mustang engine in it riding on 22"s.

226494_10150177700819512_516899511_6759615_5946655_n.jpg

190601_10150120709134512_516899511_6345111_7260879_n.jpg

Also just got a Denon AVR 1911 7.1 amp with HDMI 1.4 to replace my Harman Kardon AVR 240 which died last night for no reason....photos to come soon.

Phat Michael said:
picked up my new car a couple of months ago but finally took some photos

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226494_10150177700819512_516899511_6759615_5946655_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/190601_10150120709134512_516899511_6345111_7260879_n.jpg

Also just got a Denon AVR 1911 7.1 amp with HDMI 1.4 to replace my Harman Kardon AVR 240 which died last night for no reason....photos to come soon.

No one, no one going to comment on the Ferrari 458 in that second picture? Ok I will, fuck yeah 458! God that car is sexy.

tiprun

More things!

p1010568u.jpg

Finally got this, been trying to get it for a decent price for months!

p1010570fp.jpg

Those aren't scratches, the image is holographic :p

p1010571xi.jpg

Picked these up on the cheap from Amazon.

tsigo

gutterboy44 said:
No one, no one going to comment on the Ferrari 458 in that second picture? Ok I will, fuck yeah 458! God that car is sexy.

I was going to, but then I remembered it's UAE and they're probably like Civics over there.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
tiprun said:
More things!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4637/p1010568u.jpg[/IMG
Finally got this, been trying to get it for a decent price for months!

[IMG]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9316/p1010570fp.jpg[/IMG
Those aren't scratches, the images is holographic :p

[IMG]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6458/p1010571xi.jpg[/IMG
Picked these up on the cheap from Amazon.[/QUOTE]Where did you get the Castlevania LE?

Chairhome

moop2000 said:
I'm surprised no one's picked up the kidrobot Street Fighter figs
My wife surprised me and got me three of these figures on a trip with our kids in LA. I'll post some pics soon :-D

Kambing

My first pick up post!

Spent the last 3 days hooking shit up in my study room (LOL, gaming room for sure) and everything is still messy but for the month of July these are the things i got so far:

DSC_1594.jpg

Things in the picture that i got this month:

- Sony HX909 52inch
- Aperion Versus Grand Tower (15% off!) x 2
- Razer Mamba and Logitech Keyboard
- Black L shaped desk ($80 on amazon!)
- Rhythmic Sub 12 inch

Pretty much everything except the PS3 lol.

I just moved with my family from Bali and adjusting to San Francisco and the US specifically has been pretty good. I just can't believe that some people claim that the summer weather here in San Francisco is currently mild to hot. I am actually pretty cold here. The average day in San Francisco would be a very very cold day where i come from.

Arucardo

desu said:
So how much did you pay and where from :D?
Heh, after reading your post I decided just for the heck of it to see how much the game sells (regular edition) for here now and ended up getting it delivered to my door for a total of 10 euros, not a bad deal.

alphaNoid

Banned
Kambing said:
My first pick up post!

Spent the last 3 days hooking shit up in my study room (LOL, gaming room for sure) and everything is still messy but for the month of July these are the things i got so far:

[IMGhttp://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/JeremyBramble/DSC_1594.jpg[/IMG]

Things in the picture that i got this month:

- Sony HX909 52inch
- Aperion Versus Grand Tower (15% off!) x 2
- Razer Mamba and Logitech Keyboard
- Black L shaped desk ($80 on amazon!)
- Rhythmic Sub 12 inch

Pretty much everything except the PS3 lol.

I just moved with my family from Bali and adjusting to San Francisco and the US specifically has been pretty good. I just can't believe that some people claim that the summer weather here in San Francisco is currently mild to hot. I am actually pretty cold here. The average day in San Francisco would be a very very cold day where i come from.
My neck hurts just looking at this, but congrats.

Number45

alphaNoid said:
Perhaps he has a very long upper body. :p

I was going to ask what that bar on the desk was... until I realised it's a reflection of the task-bar from the monitor.

Kambing

alphaNoid said:

The TV is actually largely angled downwards towards me. When i first set up the mount i did not know you could angle the TV downward but once i did, the position of the TV is actually perfect. But i can certainly see from the picture i took how it looks to be too high/uncomfortable to view.

But anyway, thanks!

Number45 said:
Perhaps he has a very long upper body. :p

I was going to ask what that bar on the desk was... until I realised it's a reflection of the task-bar from the monitor.

Holy shit dude, i was trying to figure out what the hell that bar on the desk was too. I was thinking to my self that maybe i had some blocks or something there when i took the picture. Did not realize it was the task bar. :lol

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
toasty_T said:
Yeah buddy, new computer (mostly)

http://www.abload.de/img/12072011333j78b.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://h7.abload.de/img/14072011337bnd8.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

How are the temps in this case?

[QUOTE=Phat Michael]picked up my new car a couple of months ago but finally took some photos

[IMG]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226494_10150177700819512_516899511_6759615_5946655_n.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/190601_10150120709134512_516899511_6345111_7260879_n.jpg[/IM]
[/QUOTE]

does it have the 5.0?

Top Bottom