• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Ledsen

Kambing said:
The TV is actually largely angled downwards towards me. When i first set up the mount i did not know you could angle the TV downward but once i did, the position of the TV is actually perfect. But i can certainly see from the picture i took how it looks to be too high/uncomfortable to view.

But anyway, thanks!

Holy shit dude, i was trying to figure out what the hell that bar on the desk was too. I was thinking to my self that maybe i had some blocks or something there when i took the picture. Did not realize it was the task bar. :lol
I don't know man, even if it's angled downward, the top of the monitor is supposed to be at height with your eyes for ergonomic reasons.

Chopper

Chairhome said:
IMG_2679.JPG

As promised! Sagat is a little more rare than the others.
God dammit!

*goes to Google*

Edit: Any chance you could post a pick of the rarity chart on the box?

Kambing

Ledsen said:
I don't know man, even if it's angled downward, the top of the monitor is supposed to be at height with your eyes for ergonomic reasons.

When i was installing the mount i actually had it around 20 cm higher than it was. I am glad i put it at it's current height than the one i planned to use. Before i angled the monitor, i actually had a really hard time reading the top of the TV, but after angling the TV it became much better. Plus as Number said, i have a very long upper body. :lol

My eye is probably leveled to 40% of the TV's height. If i were to ever mount it again, it would most definitely be lower, i just don't want to lift the TV again, hahaha.

Big Ass Ramp said:
does it have the 5.0?

nah the 305HP 3.5L V6 - they havent made the 5L mustang one..not sure if they are planning too either.

its ok for a 4wd...but not range rover sport or X5 quick or anything...

Gouken said:
trust me its a SAV as BMW would call it, that handles like a coupe believe it or not :)

In that case, very nice.

I also bought the customized license plate for $15,000. 74 is my date of birth :D

Wouldn't you have preferred a Ducati 848 @ that kind of money? Seems like a lot for custom plates. :p

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
5937839325_14a652ca99_z.jpg

$3.xx for the Spirit Tracks CE guide and $12 for Bulletstorm.

Is the guide worth keeping? I love Zelda, and have most the regular edition guides... but I never played Spirit Tracks as I heard it's pretty ho-hum. Might resell it and use the extra cash to fund my habit on another game or something.

SUPARSTARX

glaurung said:
Oh, that is wicked.

How do you grade this model in terms of gunpla - if you have that experience?

The skeleton frame came prebuilt.. I'm not sure why, but comparing to Gundam in terms of detail and amount of pieces, I would compare this to Master Grades easily.

Whogie

xNlUBl.jpg

Capcom Vs SNK 2 to replace my uncontrollable GCN version. Doesn't hold up as well as I remember after having played SSFIV.
eqJe4.png

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Whogie said:
Capcom Vs SNK 2 to replace my uncontrollable GCN version. Doesn't hold up as well as I remember after having played SSFIV.
Cap vs SNK 2 is sooooo much better than SFIV.

d0c_zaius

Chairhome said:
IMG_2679.JPG

Nice! I bought 4 today and got Ken, Ryu, Guile (all champion edition colors) and Vega.

Now I need to find someone to trade doubles with heh.

Chopper

d0c_zaius said:
Nice! I bought 4 today and got Ken, Ryu, Guile (all champion edition colors) and Vega.

Good work. You lucked out with Vega. If I could pick one, it would be him. But I won't pay £30!

Chopper

Toki767 said:
Accidentally posted this in the July 2009 thread lol. Anyways, got these in the mail today. Hooray Club Nintendo!

32znksk.jpg
I haven't heard from Nintendo since I successfully registered for the soundtrack. I'm a little worried. :(

Anyway, sweet swag.

Kambing said:
DSC_1594.jpg

Things in the picture that i got this month:

- Sony HX909 52inch
- Aperion Versus Grand Tower (15% off!) x 2
- Razer Mamba and Logitech Keyboard
- Black L shaped desk ($80 on amazon!)
- Rhythmic Sub 12 inch

Beautiful speakers, nice display also

tha_devil

Chopper said:
I haven't heard from Nintendo since I successfully registered for the soundtrack. I'm a little worried. :(

Anyway, sweet swag.
Nintendo are total douchebags for not just bundeling the cd with the game for the first print. Since i imported my 3ds and thus imported zelda oot, i cant register it on a NOA account because they wont ship to my country.

Big Ass Ramp said:
How are the temps in this case?

Pretty damn good. Since the fans on the bottom are so damn big they don't have to spin so fast. The loudest thing in my case is my video card on idle.

CPU temps after 12 hours of prime95 with a 2500K at 4.8GHz were 57.5C (averaged out). The motherboard temperature is slightly above ambient.

Gav47 said:
Silverstone cases look so sweet, does the sideways mounting make any difference to system temps? Also what is that installed next to your gfx card, I though it was a sound card but it looks kinda long.

It's my sound card, it takes a molex connection so it looks especially long. It's about 6 inches on its own.

suikodan

I didn't expect July to be a big month for me. :p

I bought SSF4 AE to play on my arcade cabinet. It's really nice. All settings are on maximum and online play is enabled.
IMG_3010.jpg

Bought it 60$ at Bestbuy after price matching. I'm at ROTK and I am simply amazed by the quality.
IMG_3011.jpg

I always refused to buy a new 3DS at 300$ so when I saw this one at 180$ used and found out that it was in good shape, I jumped in.

It was primaly bought to play OOT but added Pilotwings for 17$ new, again after price matching. Not pictured is the add-on battery under the 3DS.
IMG_3012.jpg

I knew I wanted this game but not at full price. Bestbuy had it for 29$ and I had a 20$ RZ rebate so 10$ for it lol.
IMG_3013.jpg

The Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION - 5TH Anniversary Edition

Didn't even know this edition was coming out so I snatched it up the moment I saw it. Gotta prepare for Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM! ;)

Contains:
- Full Color Map
- Making of Oblivion DVD
- Complete Elder Scrolls IV Collection (Knights, Shivering Isles)
- Collectors Steelbook Case
hrlzly.jpg

^ just ordered a blind box of the SF kid robot toys....here's hoping for a Vega
last month was kind of quiet...
slowly making up for it

got a little nostalgic..I lost
LOQdQl.jpg

XHyQwl.jpg

More games on the way from my Pan Pacific Gaffer

Took advantage of the $49.99 buy.com eBay sale last week
2wsAll.jpg

and bought two pairs of the Jordan Retro XI IE (this is the last year I am in the game...stocking up)
XM1QQl.jpg

Bii

Chairhome said:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qSAnZ8iktnk/Th9b16mtmcI/AAAAAAAAAtA/SM7QOQCJsVM/s640/IMG_2679.JPG

Are you attending San Diego Comic-Con? They're having an exclusive Evil Ryu figure for $10.95. Only 2000 available. I think I'm going to pick me up two if I can.

5938412967_2ebc447594_z.jpg

Impulse buy! I went on a nostalgia trip and I picked up a Black Game Boy Pocket.
I posed it here next to my black Play it Loud! series DMG that I got way back in the day.
I know I'm late to the party, but the Pocket is way smaller and has a significantly nicer screen compared to the DMG. I wanted to pick up a Gameboy Light next, but perhaps I might take a stab at installing a LED Backlight.

Chairhome

Chopper said:
God dammit!

*goes to Google*

Edit: Any chance you could post a pick of the rarity chart on the box?
Someone posted it on the previous page.
d0c_zaius said:

Those are great! Vega says 1/?? for odds, so he must be rare. Does he come with an accessory? Dhalsim apparently comes with a yoga fire attachment.

Bii said:
Are you attending San Diego Comic-Con? They're having an exclusive Evil Ryu figure for $10.95. Only 2000 available. I think I'm going to pick me up two if I can.
Ahhhhh, that's awesome.

Awesome video game merch from Fangamer!

adnxD.png

KCIxX.png

It's a warp pipe coffee mug and a Geno figure from Super Mario RPG! The quality of FG's products never ceases to impress me.

zmet

Battle Beyond the Stars
jl5.jpg

Out Run 20th Anniversary Box
jl6.jpg

Inside
jl6a.jpg

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Official Soundtrack
jl7.jpg

Gouken

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
In that case, very nice.

Wouldn't you have preferred a Ducati 848 @ that kind of money? Seems like a lot for custom plates. :p

never been into bikes. plus i get to drive my kids around in the X5M.

license plates are a privilege here, more like a status thing, the less digits the more VIP and respect you get :)

I'm also in the process of digging for a kick ass plate for my Ferrari 458 Italia which arrives in October :)

Toki767 said:
Accidentally posted this in the July 2009 thread lol. Anyways, got these in the mail today. Hooray Club Nintendo!

32znksk.jpg

How long did it take to arrive from when they told you it shipped?

sikkinixx

5939602919_e3f270ecd6_z.jpg

Didn't wanna bust out the DSLR. Camera+ to the grainy-ass rescue.

Snagged the Expedit for $30 in as-is. In perfect shape save some crap on the backside, whatever. And grabbed a frame for my Gameboy pick so I can finally put it up. Now I gotta find new space for all my books etc.

Jarmel said:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4590/illusiveman.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2892/deepspaceb.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6362/deepspacecloseup.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Love those, how did you get them?

d0c_zaius

Chairhome said:
Someone posted it on the previous page.

Those are great! Vega says 1/?? for odds, so he must be rare. Does he come with an accessory? Dhalsim apparently comes with a yoga fire attachment.

Ahhhhh, that's awesome.

Vega comes with the claw and ponytail but they arent removable.

I think the best so far are Vega, Dhalsim (blue) and Sagat.

AOrK8.jpg

Black ops PS3 bundle because my 80GB died on me. I don't even really like COD... more of a Battlefield, Killzone player but whatever. New meditation cushion in the right corner.

Picked up the T-Shirts at the Chatuchak Weekend Market in Bangkok a few weeks ago. My last box of Green tea kit-kats from my stop in Tokyo for a few days on the way back. Should have bought more.

pvfDf.jpg

Illmatic book on one of my favorite albums. Kid Robot vinyls because I'm a SF whore. If anyone wants to trade for one of these hit me up. Nothing against Chun but damn. Really? lol

Finally got Demons souls, 18 days of waiting for it to arrive was worse then not having it for all this time lol
axSiV.jpg

And after many months my free Voice of America calender came, maybe they left it somewhere in post office and brought it now >.>

Top Bottom