• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Ezalc

Octorockin' said:
Awesome video game merch from Fangamer!

http://i.imgur.com/adnxD.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KCIxX.png[IMG]

It's a warp pipe coffee mug and a Geno figure from Super Mario RPG! The quality of FG's products never ceases to impress me.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to need to know where you got that glorious Geno figure if you would please.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.

_dementia said:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6149/5938412967_2ebc447594_z.jpg[img]

Impulse buy! I went on a nostalgia trip and I picked up a Black Game Boy Pocket.
I posed it here next to my black Play it Loud! series DMG that I got way back in the day.
I know I'm late to the party, but the Pocket is way smaller and has a significantly nicer screen compared to the DMG. I wanted to pick up a Gameboy Light next, but perhaps I might take a stab at installing a LED Backlight.[/QUOTE]

I bought a brick Game Boy recently, but no retail stores around here sell Game Boy games so I'm haven't bought any games for it yet.

The black looks great though, on the big guy. I had forgotten about all the colors.

zmet said:
Out Run 20th Anniversary Box
jl6.jpg

Inside
jl6a.jpg

Quoting the pictures because it is amazing. I desperately want that. One of my goals is to drive along the Pacific Highway at night while playing the Outrun soundtrack.

Yay, more terrible pictures of new figurines! =)

Got quite a few this time, might be the last ones for the next 2 months tho, gotta save dat monehz. Though I'm very proud that my display is starting to look a bit more crowded and like an actual display instead of just a few lonely figurines standing in there.
The paint job on this set is quite, dare I say, marvelous (absolutely no pun intended). Unfortunately, due to the poor picture quality, the great paint job and many details are lost again. D=
I really oughta buy me a new camera eventually.

But enough rambling, bask in the glory of my newest additions! This time one by one, a group shot wouldn't have worked out well because it's so many.

Rogue, Shadowcat aka Kitty Pryde and Mr. Fantastic
Venom, Sandman, Bullseye
Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell), Red Skull, Captain Britain
And finally, The Vision and Black Panther

What you cannot see in the picture with Genis-Vell is the fantastic paintjob the manufacturers did with his starry skin pattern. So much detail.

I would've had Emma Frost too in this set, but unfortunately she arrived with broken fingers, poor girl still was smiling despite her horrible pain. =(
Y'know, I always feel sad when I see a damaged figurine... so much work and care went into hand-painting these little things, and then some dolt from the transport company just tosses them around mindlessly and they receive damage.

My first post in a pick-up thread for quite a while.

So, for whatever reason I decided I needed to get Zelda: Link to the past (never finished it) for GBA and I needed to get a Game Boy Micro to play it on during my commute.

After a week or so of looking I found a few used Micros at prices I was willing to pay. Now here's where I got stupid. I got a bit carried away and bid on a lot of different Micro auctions on Ebay. Having not thought this through it never really occured to me that if I won one auction I'd still be in the running to win another.

Well...

24fgzyh.jpg

Both are a little more worse for wear than I'd like, still deciding which one I want to keep. I'm not a collector so I'm not really looking to have more than one, lesson learnt on Ebay bidding though!

Having just finished A Game of Thrones I very quickly ordered this, can't wait to get stuck into it.

2mmtyxy.jpg

AbsoluteZero said:
I bought a brick Game Boy recently, but no retail stores around here sell Game Boy games so I'm haven't bought any games for it yet.

The black looks great though, on the big guy. I had forgotten about all the colors.
Thanks. Honestly I don't really like any of the colored DMG other than Black and White, and of course OG Gray! I totally agree game hunting is pretty hard nowadays, so I just go through ebay and B/S/T threads.

Weltall

Neo Member
IRjY0h.jpg

IOMELh.jpg

Just thought I had to post along with all the new L-Desk owners.. Also, new build!

Cooler Master HAF X
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6 Ghz
G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB @ 8-8-8-24
Radeon HD 6970 2GB
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 120GB
Samsung F3 1TB
Antec HCG 750W

Black L-Shaped Desk ($89 at Walmart)

Strike

DSCN0680.jpg

Got some more viewing material to enjoy on my free time. On top of what I've already bought over the last few months, it should last me the rest of the year.

DSCN0679.jpg

It's been a long time coming (3 years since my car CD player stopped working), but I finally bought a new one. First iPod too.

Balboa

Does the Cowboy Bebop movie follow on from the series or is it one of those that's made up of clips from the show?

Strike

Balboa said:
Does the Cowboy Bebop movie follow on from the series or is it one of those that's made up of clips from the show?
It's more like one long episode. It takes place between episodes 22 and 23.

nny

prtl2stm.jpg

I got Phoenix #9 (new) for its non-inflated cover price; next up, try to do the same for Phoenix #10. Not looking to be easy. :\

DSC06528.jpg

Steam sale:

steamsummersale.png

Ohwiseone

photo-3.jpg

Top two are The Matrix and the Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the ring.
Bottom are Spider-man and the Dark Knight, Both are signed but are re-prints of the signatures. Nice to have in a collection however.

and the massive ESPN book, which is turning out to be a very good read.

mandiller

My lovely new computer.

SUgpP.jpg

7KwXY.jpg

tTedt.jpg

Fractal R3 black pearl case
i5 2500k
ASUS P8P67 Pro B3
Leadtek GTX 570
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Samsung F3 1TB HDD x2
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W
Hyper 212 Plus cpu cooler
Extra case fan (140mm)

KorrZ

Strike said:
DSCN0680.jpg

Got some more viewing material to enjoy on my free time. On top of what I've already bought

Awesome It's Always Sunny get! Love that show.

HVtMo.jpg

Picked this up off Amazon for $40. Awesome game so far, but coming off of MK9 as my only fighting game experience this gen it's giving me a run for my money.

Bumhead

Banned
mandiller said:
My lovely new computer.

SUgpP.jpg

7KwXY.jpg

tTedt.jpg

i5 2500k
ASUS P8P67 Pro B3
Leadtek GTX 570
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Samsung F3 1TB HDD x2
Extra case fan (140mm)

You have the same case, motherboard and cooler as me.

You have fine taste, sir.

LiK said:

The best wireless keyboard. You never ever have to worry about charging. It will always stay charged unless you keep it in really dark area without any natural or artificial light source.

LiK

MirageDwarf said:
The best wireless keyboard. You never ever have to worry about charging. It will always stay charged unless you keep it in really dark area without any natural or artificial light source.

i like how flat it is too. perfect for my lap.

DeVeAn

mandiller said:
My lovely new computer.
tTedt.jpg

i5 2500k
ASUS P8P67 Pro B3
Leadtek GTX 570
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Samsung F3 1TB HDD x2
Extra case fan (140mm)
I built the same PC I have different brands but the same. I didn't get the Hyper cooler though. Whats your idle temp?

justinschwimmer

Neo Member
Lot's of new stuff this month so far!

First two items made by my girlfriend:

8-bit Mario Pillow:
y3lJT.jpg

Retro iPhone Sock:
ZygWS.jpg

Next from Gamestop:

NCAA 2012:
Zv3dS.jpg

Tiger Woods 2012:
Fo2tL.jpg

New case for the iPad (The Smartcover wasn't cutting it):
Wu6Hf.jpg

And finally a new SSD hybrid drive! Ahhhmazing!

Box:
DUmwr.jpg

Installed:
8ScCa.jpg

Stubo

justinschwimmer said:
And finally a new SSD hybrid drive! Ahhhmazing!
[MomentusXT.jpg]
Impressions so far? I read about the hybrid drives a while ago and thought they seemed like an excellent compromise between size and speed. Perhaps it would be nice for Seagate to bump the flash part to more than 4gb though, unless it doesn't seem to slow it down too much?

justinschwimmer

Neo Member
It works really well for my 2009 Macbook pro. I would say it's about 85% the performance of a true SSD. It dynamically caches within the 4gb SSD and it does it pretty smartly. The 32MB of cache is also pretty impressive.

Top Bottom