• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

I am in China right now. These are my first pickups here.

oOtCJ.jpg

ZIfeB.jpg

bp4MR.jpg

mandiller

DeVeAn said:
I built the same PC I have different brands but the same. I didn't get the Hyper cooler though. Whats your idle temp?

My idle cpu temperature is about 32 degrees celcius. I've also put a 140mm fan into the top of the case which didn't come with it and that seems to be doing its job.

Tenck

I got Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, LoZ Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2 all for $8 today at a yard sale. I wish I could take a picture but my laptop is held captive by a virus :(

So I have nothing to upload my pictures with. D:

buhdeh

Stubo said:
Impressions so far? I read about the hybrid drives a while ago and thought they seemed like an excellent compromise between size and speed. Perhaps it would be nice for Seagate to bump the flash part to more than 4gb though, unless it doesn't seem to slow it down too much?

Also keep in mind that this is a 7200rpm drive. I use an ultraportable 13" laptop (3.5 lbs, no optical drive) and the hard drive vibration was VERY noticeable on my laptop. I imagine this would not be the case in a larger/thicker laptop.

WEGGLES

DeVeAn said:
I built the same PC I have different brands but the same. I didn't get the Hyper cooler though. Whats your idle temp?

You should. It's like $20-25. Easy as pie to install, and will allow you to easily OC your CPU. Even if you don't OC, it'll run cooler and quieter. Stock intel fans are kinda wimpy.

DeVeAn

WEGGLES said:
You should. It's like $20-25. Easy as pie to install, and will allow you to easily OC your CPU. Even if you don't OC, it'll run cooler and quieter. Stock intel fans are kinda wimpy.
pretty easy to take the old one off and put the new one on huh?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
5948239220_070b9e2d02_z.jpg

5947845513_553b31cbc6_z.jpg

Still selling for ~$140 @ Amazon and Best Buy. Can't beat that!

HYDE

Banned
Lireu77 said:

If you open this, will you please post some Bazillion, Pillow Talk, Saifon, and Rodin high resolution art? If not on here, somewhere else, and let me know. You'd be my hero.

Picked up a few new things last week.

First, I was in dire need of a nice, small, yet powerful 2.1 system for my bedroom TV. I have a Samsung 40" LCD but the sound is just horrible... like just piss horrible. So I picked up this Onkyo system for like $200 and change on Amazon:

2011-07-17+20.59.59.jpg

2011-07-17+21.00.06.jpg

Here's what I got:
Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System (Black)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BEDQRQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Sounds just great, especially compared to my stupid TV speakers.

Also picked up NCAA '12 and of course:

2011-07-12+18.30.55.jpg

if you are looking for Batman related, the Loeb/Sale stuff (Long Halloween followed by Dark Victory) are fantastic and natural followups to Year One.

Quick

Banned
JEKKI said:
whooo~!! another gravel nophic!!

http://i.imgur.com/b6kSt.jpg[/IMG

Batmaaaaaaaang~!!!!

any other good recommendations I should read???[/QUOTE]

Sticking to Batman or are you willing to branch out?

Long Halloween and Dark Victory, The Killing Joke, and The Dark Knight Returns are other awesome Batman graphic novels. I'd also recommend checking out Neil Gaiman's Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. It's pretty short, so I don't recommend buying it, unless you like collecting. You can basically spend half an hour in your local bookstore or library and finish it.

Superman also has some good stuff. I HIGHLY recommend checking out Superman: Red Son. I also bought Secret Origin, that was also a good read.

JEKKI

Quick said:
Sticking to Batman or are you willing to branch out?

Long Halloween and Dark Victory, The Killing Joke, and The Dark Knight Returns are other awesome Batman graphic novels. I'd also recommend checking out Neil Gaiman's Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. It's pretty short, so I don't recommend buying it, unless you like collecting. You can basically spend half an hour in your local bookstore or library and finish it.

Superman also has some good stuff. I HIGHLY recommend checking out Superman: Red Son. I also bought Secret Origin, that was also a good read.
Im branching everywhere!! yup, Red Son is next on my list!!

I am reading DKR rite now, and Long Halloween & Killing Joke are on my radar too!! I'll add Dark Victory there too!!

then my friend told me to read Justice League Tower of Babel so that's in the list too!!

thanks doods~!!

chepu

So First Pickup Post!

Ive got more pics but figured one will do!

jXi1M.jpg

Its a Venezuelan Made Famiclone, a NES that only displays a blinking Green/Pink Screen, the SNES is fine and the Virtual Boy is in Mint Conditions, even has the plastic package, manuals and that Duracell cardboard promo...Guess it was used only once.

By the way, all of them have Original A/V and electric cables.

Edit: Forgot to mention, All that stuff was free, so maybe I'll sell it all down the road

JEKKI said:
Im branching everywhere!! yup, Red Son is next on my list!!

I am reading DKR rite now, and Long Halloween & Killing Joke are on my radar too!! I'll add Dark Victory there too!!

then my friend told me to read Justice League Tower of Babel so that's in the list too!!

thanks doods~!!

Batman has a lot of really interesting stories. Depends on the era you're interested in. Grant Morrison is doing interesting things with the character but it's out there.

If you're into Superman, Red son is phenominal. Secret Origin is good as well. All Star Superman is the best work any one has done on Superman for the last 20-30 years. If anything, All Star Superman is in the same vein as Year One or The Dark Knight returns, in the sense that it takes the amazing characteristics of Superman and multiplies them. I can honestly say, in my opinion, there probable isn't a better Superman story out there.

Any of the green lantern trades starting with Green Lantern: Rebirth are awesome.

Kingdom Come is also a great graphic novel. So is New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke.

RoninChaos said:
Batman has a lot of really interesting stories. Depends on the era you're interested in. Grant Morrison is doing interesting things with the character but it's out there.

If you're into Superman, Red son is phenominal. Secret Origin is good as well. All Star Superman is the best work any one has done on Superman for the last 20-30 years. If anything, All Star Superman is in the same vein as Year One or The Dark Knight returns, in the sense that it takes the amazing characteristics of Superman and multiplies them. I can honestly say, in my opinion, there probable isn't a better Superman story out there.

Any of the green lantern trades starting with Green Lantern: Rebirth are awesome.

Kingdom Come is also a great graphic novel. So is New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke.

Give Hush a shot too. It's dense and over the top sometimes but Jim Lee's art is great.

Spike

DJ Crimson said:
07-14-2011.jpg

Picked this up a couple of days ago for a dollar. They don't make quality soundtracks like this anymore, that's for sure.

I actually have this somewhere in my home. The memories...

Spike

chepu said:
Its a Venezuelan Made Famiclone, a NES that only displays a blinking Green/Pink Screen, the SNES is fine and the Virtual Boy is in Mint Conditions, even has the plastic package, manuals and that Duracell cardboard promo...Guess it was used only once.

Sweet haul! I wish I could find VB Warioland and Mario Clash for a decent price.

Top Bottom