• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Let's try again in the RIGHT thread!:)

This arrived today:

2je5nq0.jpg

2qlyasj.jpg

2zgx5dy.jpg

n1fejq.jpg

Ninja Scooter said:
Can you take a pic of him w/o the hair or the helmet?
Sure. He comes with two hair pieces. One for the helmet to fit over and one for display without the helmet.

Here's a pic of the hair piece without the helmet:

29ngmx5.jpg

Here he is without a hair piece at all (front and side profile).

14t7yxj.jpg

1mc8j.jpg

There's a magnet on the back of his head that holds the hair pieces on. The other hair piece is just hair pulled back so as to allow the helmet to fit over his head. I'm displaying him without helmet (mainly because the helmet is thin plastic and easily breakable) and I put the other piece away or I'd take a snapshot of it for you. Though you can see it on the desk in the first set of pics I posted.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Cereal KiIIer said:
New desk (Fredrik, Ikea)
New speakers (Klipsch Promedia 2.1)
New lamp (Ikea)
New SSD in Thinkpad (Corsair C300 64gb)
New HD-tray in Thinkpad (With a 160gb 7200rpm in it)
New monitor (NEC MultiSync EA231WMi with an IPS panel)
How do you like those Klipschs?

Hellish

Picked up 2 more copies of GT5 and 1 more Samsung BX2350 & 1 More Ps3 (Refurb 20GB) and this is the result

5952940920_7e7b9e29c8_z.jpg

I thought i was fked because as soon as I set it up I ran over(with my chair) the Driving Force GT USB and bent the hell out of it but it still works (thank god) I know this setup should have a diff wheel I was about to pull the trigger on the Fanatec 911 GT w/ Clubsports but then I heard some Forza CSR wheels are coming out and I am going to wait for those.

JEKKI

RoninChaos said:
Batman has a lot of really interesting stories. Depends on the era you're interested in. Grant Morrison is doing interesting things with the character but it's out there.

If you're into Superman, Red son is phenominal. Secret Origin is good as well. All Star Superman is the best work any one has done on Superman for the last 20-30 years. If anything, All Star Superman is in the same vein as Year One or The Dark Knight returns, in the sense that it takes the amazing characteristics of Superman and multiplies them. I can honestly say, in my opinion, there probable isn't a better Superman story out there.

Any of the green lantern trades starting with Green Lantern: Rebirth are awesome.

Kingdom Come is also a great graphic novel. So is New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke.
moop2000 said:
Give Hush a shot too. It's dense and over the top sometimes but Jim Lee's art is great.
whoo~!!! more to add to the list! thanks!!

maaaan this comic thing is gonna be expensive!!

especially since Im buying all my stuff full price from local shops to support them ^_^v

DJ Crimson said:
07-14-2011.jpg

Picked this up a couple of days ago for a dollar. They don't make quality soundtracks like this anymore, that's for sure.
ahhhh hit em high hit em high hit em high!!!

yoooo hit em low hit em low hit em low!!!

undecided said:
I think I need one of these for my desk at work. Where are you guys getting them?

Thanks.

Yeah, don't buy directly form kidrobot. it's stupidly expensive and they are blind boxed so it's a crapshot getting one you may want. Let other people buy them retail and then they will sell them off cheap on ebay. Just look up kidrobot street fighter.

Mikeside

Some excellent pickups in here - I've loved these threads as a lurker and I'm building up a pretty great first addition to it including an awesome vinyl, a brilliant SNES game and some random awesomeness that I can hopefully post by the end of the month... ohgodsoexciting.

_dementia said:
moop2000, where do you go thrifting?

I live in Los Angeles and there are no shortage of thrift stores. I maybe hit up over 100 in the various routes I've concocted over the past months. Living in such a sprawling metropolis means good stuff is to be found.

glaurung

julyloot2011.jpg

So the main attractions here are:
  • MacBook Pro - the mightier, awesomer 15" version with more processing power and Thunderbolt that is until now relatively useless, yet small and nifty.
  • PS3 BD Remote - the new, revised edition. Has added controls for TV, amplifier and a new form factor that makes it look more like the slim version of the PS3. It also weighs less and the Home button is plastic, not rubber like the old one.
  • Various movies in blu-ray format: Akira, Confessions, the European Kubrick Collection (inferior to the American one), Alien Anthology, Tron Legacy, Gundam Musou 3 (not a movie), In Bruges and Falling Down.

Nick_GTL said:
Picked up 2 more copies of GT5 and 1 more Samsung BX2350 & 1 More Ps3 (Refurb 20GB) and this is the result

I thought i was fked because as soon as I set it up I ran over(with my chair) the Driving Force GT USB and bent the hell out of it but it still works (thank god) I know this setup should have a diff wheel I was about to pull the trigger on the Fanatec 911 GT w/ Clubsports but then I heard some Forza CSR wheels are coming out and I am going to wait for those.

Sick, do triple screen work for the entire game or just Arcade mode like in GT 4.

Im hoping your answer is it doesnt that way im not tempted to get another 2 PS3 and 2 more copies of GT5

ColdMilk

glaurung said:
So the main attractions here are:
  • MacBook Pro - the mightier, awesomer 15" version with more processing power and Thunderbolt that is until now relatively useless, yet small and nifty.
  • PS3 BD Remote - the new, revised edition. Has added controls for TV, amplifier and a new form factor that makes it look more like the slim version of the PS3. It also weighs less and the Home button is plastic, not rubber like the old one.
  • Various movies in blu-ray format: Akira, Confessions, the European Kubrick Collection (inferior to the American one), Alien Anthology, Tron Legacy, Gundam Musou 3 (not a movie), In Bruges and Falling Down.

Where can I find this new remote?

Sylver

Banned
eq8Fa.jpg

Only 4 figures in my wishlist to complete and close my collection (1 is already out but its sold out everywhere even on ebay :(, 2 pre-ordered and 1 yet to produce)

and a gift for my gf
EbJbk.jpg

Love that RayBan model, the best one :)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Got some shit!

Because I'm a weeaboo and because vol. 5 is out soon (hopefully rightstuf will ship it out early), I picked up the first four volumes.... really hope I like Brohood.
rrrpw.jpg

Also, I wasn't serious about being a weeaboo. How do you know? Because I got some new sunglasses, and because I got all the equipment ready for making DEM GODDAMN RICE KRISPIE TREATS.

p4gve.jpg

Holla?

AnFox

Chacranajxy said:
Got some shit!

Because I'm a weeaboo and because vol. 5 is out soon (hopefully rightstuf will ship it out early), I picked up the first four volumes.... really hope I like Brohood.
rrrpw.jpg
If you read the manga then you'll like it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Going to that Kidrobot site redirects me to the EU version, where there appear to be none of the cool ones you guys are posting here.

Are these not available outside of the US? Cause that's pretty lame if it's the case.

Chopper

randomlyrossy said:
Going to that Kidrobot site redirects me to the EU version, where there appear to be none of the cool ones you guys are posting here.

Are these not available outside of the US? Cause that's pretty lame if it's the case.
Yeah, Kidrobot don't distribute them in Europe for various legal reasons, as far as I can tell. Ebay is your
dirty
friend.

Posted this in the wrong year... uggh.
Not many pick-ups this month due to bills and traveling to evo, but I managed.

Willing to trade. Would love me a Sagat or Dictator.

mEvn2.jpg

New motherboard and EVGA 460GTX 2Win. IT'S TWO 460 CHIPSETS IN ONE CARD!!!

rFKUl.jpg

2 IN 1!!

guest1321

It was a pretty good month for me:
Moon%20Boots.JPG

First pair of running shoes in years (I call them my Moon Boots)
GS%20Pick-Up%201.JPG

Game Stop Used Game Pick-Up (Part I)
Bioshock - $8.49
NHL '08 - $3.39
Farcry 2 - $11.00
GS%20Pick-Up%202.JPG

Game Stop Used Game Pick-Up (Part II)
PGR 4 - $3.39
PURE - $4.25
Downhill Domination - $2.54
New%20Games-%20July%202011.JPG

Best Buy Pick-Ups
Fallout: New Vegas - $9.99
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $39.99
BS2%20%26%20DS2%20CE%27s.JPG

Collectors Edition Pick-Up's
Bioshock 2 - $29.99
Dead Space 2 - $36.87

Intangible Pick-Ups
Pre-Ordered:
Forza Motorsport 3 CE
Battlefield 3
Mass Effect 3 CE

Acrylic7

Chacranajxy said:
Got some shit!

rrrpw.jpg

You will.

Waaaaaaaay better than the original FMA.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Sylver said:
eq8Fa.jpg

Only 4 figures in my wishlist to complete and close my collection (1 is already out but its sold out everywhere even on ebay :(, 2 pre-ordered and 1 yet to produce)

and a gift for my gf
EbJbk.jpg

Love that RayBan model, the best one :)

Hey Sylver,

Just curious, but where did you purchase your Saeko Busujima figure? I've been trying to looking but it is sold out everywhere except Ebay. -__-'

Top Bottom