• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

omgkitty

Hitoribhoshi said:
can I asked how much you paid for that Paper Mario ? (few years ago I was in a store in france they had a loose PM PAL and a sealed PM NTSC-U for the same price ... needless to say I got the NTSC-U, a pal power supply at a flea market an a loose NTSC-U system, games are so much cheaper :| )

Haha, beat me to it ^^

Eh well I didn't notice the fact that it was indeed PAL. I still remember getting this game as a gift and loving it sometime around when it came out. It's kind of surprising because wasn't this one of the last games that Nintendo released for the N64?

omgkitty said:
Eh well I didn't notice the fact that it was indeed PAL. I still remember getting this game as a gift and loving it sometime around when it came out. It's kind of surprising because wasn't this one of the last games that Nintendo released for the N64?

yeah, late non-pokemon N64 PAL games are expensive/rare, think resident evil2, paper mario, conker bad fur day etc

Sylver

Banned
Tiduz said:

He's a thief. I recently lost two auctions that ended 322€ for one of them
FhL5L.png

QoQ3B.png

As I said I want two more :p.

From the BN Criterion sale (all blu-ray):
JrvHm.jpg

Up next is High and Low on Tuesday, and then I am done for this sale (I hope). Surprised there are not more Criterion pick-up pictures with the sale going on.

Sylver said:
I still didn't watch them, just bought this afternoon. I will try them later at night.
Here's the boxart for Torrente 2:
nYtBc.jpg

Love those movies XD, the last one not so much, but :D well all of them are pretty funny. The first one is awesome.

Hahaha, the boxart is pretty epic-absurd.
My rank is:
Torrente 2
Torrente
Torrente 4
Torrente 3

I thought 4 had pretty great moments (and pretty bad also) but 3 is horrible and very forgetable (apart from the first scene, that is the only good thing about the movie).

Got in my IdealLume today. Had to replace my old bias lighting

77fe099b.jpg

here it is all install, I can adjust the amount of light that is output with a slider that is on them

a9f6a67d.jpg

39b27981.jpg

Today's thrift store scores were very Star Wars centric, particularly KOTOR-ific! I also decided to grab one blind box Street Fighter x Kidrobot fig at an Urban Outfitters and of course get the most generic shitty looking Ken. Damn you blue Dhalsim!!
IMG_4285.jpg

risk

moop2000 said:
So bionic and awesome. How much of an improvement is it?

haha yea I guess you can say that. it's a BIG improvement. Once I get a hold of it, I could finally get rid of crutches and walk so you can't tell I have a prosthetic on. same goes with stairs and inclines. It just sucks that I have to be careful that it doesn't get wet.

risk said:
haha yea I guess you can say that. it's a BIG improvement. Once I get a hold of it, I could finally get rid of crutches and walk so you can't tell I have a prosthetic on. same goes with stairs and inclines. It just sucks that I have to be careful that it doesn't get wet.
Great it works so well, but strange they couldn't make it somewhat waterproof. I guess it won't be such a problem though.

Sylver said:
I bought the US BD Version and JP BD Version, and OVA at YesAsia all of them are already out. If you don't want to wait it's a great option.
Thanks for the tip, I'll wait though, got a few other series to catch up on before it. How are the english voice-overs? I don't watch much anime and I prefer not reading subtitles. I loved the english voice-overs for the Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex series.

eXistor

omgkitty said:
Where did you get what looks like a brand new copy of Paper Mario and how much?
Except for a slight crease in the box (at the top right after "Nintendo 64") it is pretty much mint. I got it from the usual place: eBay Germany (they have so much more than eBay Netherlands or other european ones). I paid €55,- incl. shipping. Be careful with eBay Germany though, most older games are fully translated to German, Paper Mario is an exception.

Anyway, this just dropped in:

2jalusw.jpg

After playing the wonderful newly released translation I just had to have the game in my collection. Worth every penny.
For more information on it check the thread on it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436839

AkIRA_22

I FINALLY was able to get my grubby mits on the Fractal Design ARC Mid Tower case. It's a work of art, ticks pretty much every box that can be ticked, from space, design, 140mm fans, radiator support... the list goes on. The best case that I have ever had (upgraded from a P180 mini)

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

CrankyJay

Banned
risk said:
new knee w hydraulics and a microprocessor

aES4ql.jpg

Pick up of the year? That's awesome man.

My brother works in a Chicago hospital as a person who fits prosthetic limbs for people.

How much does something like this run?

edit: Fuck, no pun intended.

risk said:

That's cool. It amazes me the level of sophistication with prosthetic limbs now.

Chopper

risk said:
new knee w hydraulics and a microprocessor

aES4ql.jpg
That is fucking amazing. Pickup of the forever.

I was quite happy with my latest, but it pales in comparison...

One of the last truly rare additions to my DS collection. Finally.

vfJca.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
7muQ1.jpg

Processor Intel Core i7-2630QM
Processor clock speed 2GHz
Memory 6.00GB
Viewable size 16.4 in
Native resolution 1,920x1,080
Graphics Processor Nvidia GeForce GT 540M
hdd: 640GB
Bluray Drive
Backlit Keyboard

when you close it it sorta looks like a ps3 slim lol.

<3

Sagitario

Tiduz said:
http://i.imgur.com/7muQ1.jpg

Processor Intel Core i7-2630QM
Processor clock speed 2GHz
Memory 6.00GB
Viewable size 16.4 in
Native resolution 1,920x1,080
Graphics Processor Nvidia GeForce GT 540M
hdd: 640GB
Bluray Drive
Backlit Keyboard

when you close it it sorta looks like a ps3 slim lol.

<3

How much?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
only a little gaming related this month

2ap11z.jpg

29w272f.jpg

Tick heard there was a bug theme superhero thing going on in Japan
2z4grvl.jpg

These figures aren't terrible, but it's continuing to make me hate how Jazwares and Shocker gets these characters that I want GOOD companies to have. Granted, Tick probably wouldn't have been made again if it wasn't for Shocker, so I can't complain too much. But Jazwares will be ruining Adventure Time soon

The Boat

My first post on GAF! Huzzah!

Didn't get anything big though, trying to cut back on spending copious amounts of money on games I'll only play aeons from now.

9ySKk.jpg

7m3Ix.jpg

CYkhz.jpg

FrankNitty said:
Got in my IdealLume today. Had to replace my old bias lighting

77fe099b.jpg

here it is all install, I can adjust the amount of light that is output with a slider that is on them

a9f6a67d.jpg

39b27981.jpg

I had these on the back of my TV but found that the bulbs constantly broke! They were good about getting me new bulbs at no charge but it got so annoying and made such little difference I finally just unplugged them for good.

Theonik said:
Friend of mine was on the US on vacation, got him to pick some stuff for me:
Excellent choice on Super Monkey Ball 1&2, might be my favorite GameCube games. They also have the most fun local MP gamemodes from last-gen imo.

Ken

JEKKI said:
it was mine birthday last week!!!

my sister sent me this card! lol!!

That's a cute card lol. Would you happen to know if there are more cards from the same designer and where I could get some?

Stubo

Late post of my steam sale acquisitions:

4uRJy.png

Also picked up some bargains:

IyN7s.jpg

I don't actually own either Shenmue on Dreamcast, which is disgraceful. I assume most here would say to play the first instead of watching the included DVD?

Top Bottom